Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
August 9th, 2007 at 07:22pm
x_pansy:
I know I kind of said this before, but I wanted to say it again to be more clear.

I don't think they do it for attention, I think it's passion, like I said before. It's a totally unplanned, moment of passion. These guys are really passionate about their music, and playing shows for us. I mean, I don't think Gerard means to be so sexual because he sure as hell isn't like that off stage. I don't think Gerard could play a show without touching himself or someone else because he just gets so caught up in the passion they put into their music.

And again, I really don't get what the all the hype is about. I really don't see how a simple kiss can put so many people up in arms. It's just part of the show, it's just what they do.

ya but what about the younger fans that they might lose cuz of parents parenting them??? Shocked it is fiction but in some interview they said they didnt like it either Nyam dont pay attention to my last post i have no idea what im saying...im confused now Mad
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 9th, 2007 at 07:30pm
hello.bang.bye:
Alive and Inspired.:

Okay, I just wanna put some questions in for the sake of the discussion!
[i]
IF YOU DONT MIND FRERARD

3) What about the younger fans who have parents with them?

3) The guys can't stop doing what they do onstage just because of parents and the younger fans. Most fans are at the age where they can handle and understand Frerard and not freak out about it.

Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
August 9th, 2007 at 07:34pm
Honestly My Chem's music isn't made for really little kids.

If you are a parent & buy your child a ticket to the concert you should know the music & the sexual themes suggested by it.

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

Honestly, isn't it implied in the title that something sexual happens between grown men.

If as a parent you don't like it then you don't have to buy the ticket.

So I think that saying Frerard shouldn't be done b/c of younger fans is inaccurate.

Should they not curse at concerts too now?
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
August 9th, 2007 at 08:11pm
I agree with Ladysaw. I mean this band isn't NC-17, but they're not PG.

The Ferard action is really a way to keep the fans entertained. Nobody has any objections to it. The only thing that bothers me is that Gerard'll be like, "Fans don't like MCR because we're goodlooking", and then he'll go onstage and pretty much simulate oral sex with Frankie multiple times?

I don't get it...
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
August 9th, 2007 at 08:44pm
I think practicing homosexuality is wrong. I'm not homophobic, though.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
August 9th, 2007 at 09:07pm
I'm not homophobic in any way whatsoever...
But I gotta say, I no longer like Ferard. :/
But I used to!! I don't know what happened, I've just suddenly turned.
I don't see it as like, inapropriate, but it's kinda a let down because you're so used to watching videos of them or seeing them live and they give awesome advice and stuff. It's really hard to explain but yeah, I'm not liking it anymore.
And I know if i was Jamia, I'd be pissed! lol XD
I know they mostly do it to piss of homophobics, and that's great, but.. sometimes I'm like "Do they genuienly want each other" and whereas again, I am not homophobic, I do not want these guys to end up being together. I cant help how I feel it's just how it is =S I'll shut up now.
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
August 9th, 2007 at 10:00pm
I think a big part in the whole "Frerard" thing has to with the reaction of the fans. I would dare to claim that because of the attention they have been receiving due to their onstage antics has put a certain burden on them. Fans expect to see Gee and Frank making out when they go to their gig. It's so eagerly waited that the guys don't want to let the fans down.

Is it appropriate? I think so. They're on stage. People expect to be entertained. It's their way of doing it.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 9th, 2007 at 10:14pm
Woah! I don't expect to see Ferard at every My Chem show. Sometimes I hope for it but every time I see My Chemical Romance I do not expect any boy love. Out of the 6 My Chem shows I've been to over the years, 3 had boy love. And most of it wasn't even Ferard. It was Waycest. Cry
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 9th, 2007 at 10:16pm
i agree with EndlessSacrifice.
anyone watch that video of an intimate show where this really xcore fan asked gerard if he could kiss frank like he did on saturday [at a show], and gerard laughed and said it wasn't a 'command sort of thing', like he couldn't just do it on the spot. and when some older guy asked what happened when gee kissed frank, gerard replied, 'magic...and fireworks', in a jokey sort of way, but i think part of them kissing on stage is to do with energy and passion and the heat of a moment.

i still don't see anything wrong with frerard, but i can understand what people are saying about wanting the speeches back.
i want them back too!
gerard said in some interview that these days he likes to talk less between songs and just let the music speak for itself.
i still like to hear his encouraging words though.

at a show i went to last year, gerard spoke to the crowd briefly, between two songs, about how you should always be yourself, and don't be afraid or think you have to change because everyone in that crowd fitted in with them, at the show, right how they were. and i did almost burst into tears when he said that. it was so moving.
then when i saw them this year there were no inspirational speeches. the show was amazing, but i would have liked those few caring words like i heard the last time.

if they could have frerard and heart felt speeches...that would hit the jackpot for me. Mr. Green
xD.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
August 9th, 2007 at 10:23pm
What's Waycest?
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 9th, 2007 at 10:23pm
They've been doing this for years...why complain now? I'm apart of other sites where people had very negative reactions to their antics. Mostly straight males. Nobody, and I mean, nobody can convince me that the disgust people feel from their antics have no root in homophobia. I have no sympathy for homophobes, the guys have no sympathy for homophobes. They don't like it, they can stop going to shows. If it really bothers them that much, they can just stop listening to the band altogether.

As for being embarassed for being a My Chem fan because they do that stuff...nobody can make me embarassed about being a fan of theirs(though many people have tried). Especially not some jackass who can't handle seeing two men kiss. I wish I knew what the big deal is. Two people, two human beings kiss. What is disgusting about that?
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 9th, 2007 at 10:25pm
Circa Survive:
What's Waycest?
The idea of a sexual relationship between Gerard and Mikey. Usually realized in fanfiction and every once in while, by Gerard on stage(Mikey never seems all that willingLaughing).

I'm not too keen on waycest.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 9th, 2007 at 10:26pm
Circa Survive:
What's Waycest?

like incest but it's named after the way brothers 'waycest'.
it's mikey and gerard having a sexual relationship. y'know how sometimes gerard'll slap mikey's ass or touch him on stage or something? some people nic name that waycest. there's also fan fictions based on 'waycest' where there's a sexual/romantic relationship between gerard and mikey.

xD, too late.

i think i have the same opinion as you joy division.! about frerard and waycest.
i mean, if that's what turns people on *shrugs*. i know there's probably a lot of deep emotion involved with actual incest between siblings so i'm not going to say 'incest, ew, that's digusting' because i know in serious situations it probably is very traumatic for two brothers/sisters who like each other in more than a platonic way. and gerard does touch mikey in a sexual way, maybe it's just as a joke but he still does it, so.
i don't tend to read waycest as fan fiction, i think it's funny when gerard makes a move on mikey during shows cause mikey seems really shy about it x).
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
August 9th, 2007 at 10:30pm
Ah. Now, that's wrong.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 9th, 2007 at 10:32pm
I'm not exactly a fan of waycest either. But when happened on stage (Chicago kids you know what I'm talking about), I didn't mind it. But I'd rather not see it. Laughing
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
August 9th, 2007 at 10:34pm
I totally agree!! I really don't enjoy watching grown men with fiances, girlfriends, ect making out. I can get over it if it happens once or twice, but for it to become normal is enough that I won't want to go to a concert anymore. It's the same with Gerard's.. issues. I don't want to go to a concert very much because I don't know if there is going to be a 30 year old man masturbating on-stage if I go. =/

It's bad enough fangirls dream about this stuff, but for it to actually happen.. That goes too far.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 9th, 2007 at 10:35pm
im not worried about it, i just see it as an outlet.

they've been doing it for years, so i don't worry now.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 9th, 2007 at 10:36pm
Sowing Season:
I'm not exactly a fan of waycest either. But when happened on stage (Chicago kids you know what I'm talking about), I didn't mind it. But I'd rather not see it. Laughing

Shocked

what the hell happened?
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 9th, 2007 at 10:48pm
At the December My Chem show Gerard pretend to give Mikey a handjob. At the March show....

I was front row at that show like this ----> Shocked
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 9th, 2007 at 10:49pm
Sowing Season:
At the December My Chem show Gerard pretend to give Mikey a handjob. At the March show....

I was front row at that show like this ----> Shocked

OMG
That was the video I was thinking about!
I can handle Waycest but seriously, Gerard...no. Just no.