Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Kaitlyn Hooligun
Really Not Okay
Kaitlyn Hooligun
August 9th, 2007 at 12:23am
why do people have to escalate things 3089235423 times more then they really should be?

lets just get real.
2 boys kissing is no big.
if you arent old enough to handle it,
or are just completely against that stuff,
what can we tell you?
just dont go.

talking about it here wont in any way change their show.
:]
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
August 9th, 2007 at 12:48am
I feel that Frerard is Gerard's and Franks own personal way of stamping out homophobia. It is the fans that obsess over it and mill it over time and time again. When in reality all it boils down to is a stand against homophobic people and trying to change the world and its prejudice views.

I doubt Frank and Gerard plan it either. I also doubt they would do it if the other was uncomfortable with it or their partners. They have openly rejected Kissing on demand, when asked to do so in interviews. People should stop picking over something that's not there and just congratulate the boys for sending out such a vital message.

And as for the fan-ficts. You should all realize that's what they are and nothing more. It's just fiction. If you don't like it then don't read it. I write Frerard and its got more of a plot than them just making out every five seconds. It's just my way of being creative. I love to write, I love My Chem, I love Ray, I love Bob, I love Mikey, I love Frank and I love Gerard. What better way can you think of than combining all your passions together? And by making it a Frerard in my own personal way too I'm taking a stand against homophobia.

I would also like to point out that I am NOT a teenie just because I'm an author of a Frerard. If my story was that bad and just involve 'boysex' I doubt I would have won author of the month with it 4 times in a row. Just because I write Frerard it doesn't give any one the right to slander me and other authors. I don't go around writing 'Mrs Gerard Way' on everything or talk about how HOT Frank is. I have respect for the guys and they have respect for creativity.

Come on guys we all know Frerard isn't real and its just a joke that fans play on
PlasticDreams-x
Killjoy
PlasticDreams-x
August 9th, 2007 at 04:23am
Exactly.

Frerard isn't something that should be taken seriously, it's part of their show. This is why the guys do it, to spark reactions. Outrage, shock.. whatever. It shows the fans that they're comfortable in their sexuality and everyone else should be too. If the girlfriends opposed to it do you think that Frerard would still be going on?

It doesn't compromise the music or, for that matter, the show. Gaps where Gerard speaks out about depression aren't filled with his tongue down Frank's throat. It's all part of the show, the point is that the music speaks for them and, at the end of the day, they're just mucking around.

Honestly? All age groups should be able to deal with two guys kissing, it's not a huge deal. Parents don't like it? So what? If you're going to stop listening to the band because of that then you're slightly pathetic.
SuChanNoir
Jazz Hands
SuChanNoir
August 9th, 2007 at 04:31am
^^
Hmm...
Couldn't agree more.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 9th, 2007 at 08:59am
I know I kind of said this before, but I wanted to say it again to be more clear.

I don't think they do it for attention, I think it's passion, like I said before. It's a totally unplanned, moment of passion. These guys are really passionate about their music, and playing shows for us. I mean, I don't think Gerard means to be so sexual because he sure as hell isn't like that off stage. I don't think Gerard could play a show without touching himself or someone else because he just gets so caught up in the passion they put into their music.

And again, I really don't get what the all the hype is about. I really don't see how a simple kiss can put so many people up in arms. It's just part of the show, it's just what they do.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
August 9th, 2007 at 09:15am
I think thats just who they are as people....

On Stage.

Like x_pansy said, theyre nothing like that off stage. and as Ray and Gerard said in LOTMS, people are just completly different once you get up there. Everything comes out and hey, if Gerard was a little horny at the time maybe he just wanted to express it through that Wink

Personally, its not a big deal for me. Im not into Guy/Guy stuff but I find it funny as hell somehow and just pure entertainment.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
August 9th, 2007 at 12:00pm
i've said this a couple of pages back but it seems to have been over looked. everyone's looking at the frerard-ness from a striaght persons POV but what about the gay/bi community of mcr fans?

please read/discuss.

PersonalServices101:
i'd just like to point out, think about it like this. imagine being in the closet for a long time because you're scared shitless of what people will think of you. the only way you can truely be yourself is to be sneaky about it and hide it from people.
then there's this band who don't give a fuck and do it all [well obviousy not ALL] on stage infront of thousands of peoples. it makes them feel better. i'm striaght myself but my best friend is gay and i know it was hard for him until he started going to see mcr.
as gerard has said many times, the shows are also a safe place for young homosexual teenagers to be themselves. and if not for that, ITS JUST FUN.
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
August 9th, 2007 at 12:51pm
I am going to see them at PR soon, and frankly, I will be embarassed if my mom has to see that on stage.
No, she is not against things like that, but it just would seem like they are not good influences in my life.
I do, as many other fans, miss it when they used to give speeches to the crowd.
I was a proud fan then, but now, it doesn't feel the same.
I know, people change, but they are supposed to be there and give support to the fans.
How do you think they can do that when they are just acting like fools on stage?
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 9th, 2007 at 02:05pm
^ how are they making fools of themself though?!
=/.
i really don't see how two guys kissing on stage qualifies as making fools of themself.

and as for someone's post that they felt uncomfortable and concerned for their safety when gee told all the guys to take their tops off: i'm sorry, and i do not mean this in a nasty way at all, but mcr aren't to blame for people's insecurities.
what does it matter if guys have their tops on or not? it's doesn't make them any more testosterone fueled in a situation like that. half of them were probably shirtless beforehand because of the heat!
it's not like gerard told every guy in there to start hitting on all the girls.
he asked them to take their shirts off. gerard would never put anyone in the crowd in danger, purposely.
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
August 9th, 2007 at 02:16pm
Eh, okay, fools, not exactly the right word.
Forgive me, it was early. Wink
I am totally fine with them kissing and stuff, but I think it should be toned down.
I would rather hear a silly song from Gerard or something than see him rub himself on Frank.
I think they just look a bit silly, showing themselves like that to the fans.
It just kind of promotes what I may have remembered before being what Gerard was against [again, wrong word, can't think of one better].
And who knows, maybe they are just doing it as a sort of "Fuck you" to everyone.
Personally, I don't know, but I don't really like the whole rubbing on each other and making out.
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 9th, 2007 at 02:35pm
again sorry if i offend anyone, im feeling really uncomfortable with this thread now,
because its causing arguements between people and because i dont feel comfortable with talking about MCR in that way
now i know people are going to be like 'stop coming to this thread then'
but im just trying to say that maybe people need to lay off them a bit, i mean fair enough you all have you opinions but what they are doing shouldn't affect how you feel about MCR (and being their fan aswell) and your support for them.
(sorry for any offence caused) Crying or Very sad
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
August 9th, 2007 at 02:46pm
:] You're right, it really shouldn't make a differene about how we feel about MCR.
However, I am just considering this a friendly debate.
And, don't worry about offending anyone.
It didn't seem in anyway in your post that you could, unless someone was offended by people being conscientious.
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 9th, 2007 at 02:48pm
Felix Felicis:
:] You're right, it really shouldn't make a differene about how we feel about MCR.
However, I am just considering this a friendly debate.
And, don't worry about offending anyone.
It didn't seem in anyway in your post that you could, unless someone was offended by people being conscientious.

awww thank you hug
i feel better now
its just they way some people are talkling about it as if its a bad thing Sad
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
August 9th, 2007 at 02:51pm
I know, and I actually don't have a problem with "Frerardness", I just personally prefer speeches opposed to kissing.
My opinion, that's all, people have their's, and I thought I'd throw mine in the lot.
And I suppose the previous posts of mine sounded a bit harsh because it was early for me, and let's face it, I'm not a morning person. :]
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 9th, 2007 at 02:56pm
Felix Felicis:
I know, and I actually don't have a problem with "Frerardness", I just personally prefer speeches opposed to kissing.
My opinion, that's all, people have their's, and I thought I'd throw mine in the lot.
And I suppose the previous posts of mine sounded a bit harsh because it was early for me, and let's face it, I'm not a morning person. :]

lol and me!!
so if i ever seem snappy, its because im tired lol
i just wanted to people to understand that its not a bad thing
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
August 9th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Yep, totally understandable.
:]
Anyways, I think this will start to be considered spam, soo..
I'll be off. :]
ThisWarIsOurs
Motor Baby
ThisWarIsOurs
August 9th, 2007 at 03:01pm
yep :s sorry :]
ill stop now!!
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
August 9th, 2007 at 03:39pm
PlasticDreams-x:
Exactly.

Frerard isn't something that should be taken seriously, it's part of their show. This is why the guys do it, to spark reactions. Outrage, shock.. whatever. It shows the fans that they're comfortable in their sexuality and everyone else should be too. If the girlfriends opposed to it do you think that Frerard would still be going on?

It doesn't compromise the music or, for that matter, the show. Gaps where Gerard speaks out about depression aren't filled with his tongue down Frank's throat. It's all part of the show, the point is that the music speaks for them and, at the end of the day, they're just mucking around.

Honestly? All age groups should be able to deal with two guys kissing, it's not a huge deal. Parents don't like it? So what? If you're going to stop listening to the band because of that then you're slightly pathetic.

VERY VERY WELL PUT. Clap
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 9th, 2007 at 07:07pm
I don't know about you guys, but I missed when My Chemical Romance first came out. They didn't over do with the Ferardness on stage. I miss his speeches. They were inspiring.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
August 9th, 2007 at 07:17pm
Alive and Inspired.:
HeadfirstHalo:

I also hate how you guys think that people will go just for that, what planet do you live on exactly? I find it hard to imagine that people who AREN'T part of this fandom already will get to hear about this sort of thing. It's not exactly the talk of the town, the only people who care about frerard are the people who are already fans, or other people who happen to see it at a festival. So it's not going to attract some mad rush of teenagers, desperate to see the band live so they can maybe see Gerard rub franks chest, or a kiss if they're lucky.

Im never really going to leave their fan base, but think about all the people who might. All the parents looking over their young daughters/sons shoulders and seeing the lead singer grope himself? Kiss the guitarist? I mean they might not WANT to become an ex fan but be realistic, some parents are NEVER going to allow it!
And if the person comes from a homophobic family then theres absolutely no way the family will stand for it!

Charli:

I have a question. Because surely if only the music matters then it's only the music you notice? Even though they are interacting more they are producing some of the best performances ever.

Just a suggestion.

So if the performance is all about music, then why should they do it? Theres no reason to. And imagine all the kids who are going and have to go with parents, are the parents ever going to allow them to go to a concert again?
Think about some of the younger fans, or fans who think this is downright inappropriate.

And I know its been going on for a long time, but why has it suddenly exploded now?
What about the guys GF's?

But let me ask you this, why have they replaced the life changing speeches for this?
I mean that was something to be proud about! And now.... I cant explain why they do it to other people if they ask me...

exactlyim 13 and if they did that at the concert we went to my mom would probably never let me see them again or my little sister who only wants to be thier for bob....(hes her hero)but exactly what happend to the speeches??? Crying or Very sad ive been getting kind of upset at them lately...i dont really know why though?