Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
December 28th, 2007 at 03:18pm
leavefamouslastwords:
i give them credit for doing stuff like that in public. most celebrities are like closet gay people

Technically they aren't gay.
I know what you mean though Wink
theresiahs.
Bleeding on the Floor
theresiahs.
December 29th, 2007 at 01:24pm
drunken elevator.:
frerard ftw
waycest ftl
Crushcrushcrush
Jazz Hands
Crushcrushcrush
January 17th, 2008 at 06:45pm
i dont see anything wrong with Frerard...i know they arent gay and they are both in relationships...theyre just having some fun!
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
January 17th, 2008 at 11:01pm
mental fiction.:
Oh c'mon, Frerard is great! It shows their emotion on stage, and gives us girls something to scream about, lol!

Nothing wrong with public gayness. Everyone should learn to accept it.
I just hope Lyn-Z doesn't stop Frerard for good.

Well if Jamia's presence this whole time didn't stop them, I doubt Lyn-Z will.

You never know, she might get off on it. Tehe

Just kidding.
watchmen
Devil's Got Your Number
watchmen
January 18th, 2008 at 01:19am
gerard said in an interview that they do that to push the boundaries of rock music and what it's supposed to be about.

for the longest time, rock music has been so masculine and even degrading to women, so gerard said that when him and frank kiss or whatever, they're trying to strip themselves of that stereotype of drugs, sex, and rock.

it doesn't take away from the music, they're just making a statement.
and that's even what gerard has said.

if i find that interview again, i'll definitely put it here.

and he also said something to the effect that Lyn-Z doesn't have a problem with it, that she knows what his sexuality is and that's all that matters.

Very Happy

//EDIT -- ----- -- I FOUND THE INTERVIEW

here is a direct quote from it:

Did you go into your shell at first, playing to Linkin Park's fans?

If anything it made us push harder, see how far we could really take 'em, especially with notions of sexuality. We're like, "Cool, they like us; now let's see if we push these sexual boundaries a little more how they're gonna react''. There was an extremely macho vibe in that crowd, and we were practically the biggest cupcakes on that tour, but they seemed to love it. I think they just needed a little razzle dazzle in their lives.

Why are you so big on pushing those boundaries of sexuality? You're a married man now.

Well, that's more of a recent thing (laughs). My wife totally backs the way I am on stage, that's one of the amazing things about her. I have 120 per cent respect for her when I'm on stage, so there are definitely certain things I would never do. But she knows my sexuality, and I know mine, so there's no reason not to push those boundaries. It's with the most noble intentions -- it's to make certain people realise just because somebody is a performer or slightly effeminate, -- even that guy at work or that kid at school -- there's no reason to shove 'em around. So much testosterone has been in rock for so long -- that's why I'm so interested in pushing it. All it boils down to is treating women like second-class citizens, calling people faggots, being borderline racist, if not totally racist. A lot of things are ingrained in the stupidest rock 'n' roll we completely oppose. So one way we can push it is through our sexuality.

here's the link: http://mikeywayishot.buzznet.com/user/journal/1412071/

that answers your question. they do it for the right reasons, not just to make girls jizz their pants.

it's very appropriate.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 18th, 2008 at 04:06am
The part about testosterone-fuelled rock being degrading to women is just so....breathtaking. how can u not a love a guy who says that.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 18th, 2008 at 07:06am
i have to say, i love frerard. i read/write fanfics, and i admit, i do find it pretty hot. but i dont see anything wrong with it.
<3
Apathy Rocks!
Killjoy
Apathy Rocks!
January 18th, 2008 at 11:02pm
I'm actually rather opposed to it...

I mean, it's fine in little amounts and we all know they're just messing, but still...

It gets kinda old. And weird.
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
January 19th, 2008 at 05:36am
Bro Frerardness is appropriate.
Not only is it hot.
It kindah in a way helps the kids out there who are gay or bi-sexual to come out and be like "Fuck all you homophobes! I am who I am!" Because in a way thats what Frank and Gerard are putting out there when they do their 'antics' onstage theyre tryna say"Its okay to be gay, be proud and fuck anyone who is against it" ...

So yeah thats my opinion on it..
But you might differ??
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 19th, 2008 at 06:04am
I'm not against it.
I see it as a part of the show. ^_^
And actually, I think it's hot. But I would never let it take the focus of the music! The music will ALWAYS be the most important thing to me. Always.

What I'm against, is all the fucking stories about Frerard. It creeps me out.
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 19th, 2008 at 06:06am
I'm not against it. For me, it's just a part of the show.
And it's really hot. But I would NEVER, and i mean NEVER, let something like that bring the focus off the music. The music will always be the most important thing to me.

What I'm against is all the fucking Frerard-stories.
It creeps me out. If I were in a band, reading that kind of stories about myself, would give me nightmares.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 19th, 2008 at 09:55am
^ I imagine that if they're undertaking the task onstage, they're not likely to have "nightmares" over fanfics playing upon it. They've known about the fanfics for a while now so...
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
January 19th, 2008 at 12:03pm
People writing any stories about things I got up to would weird me out! Lol, not just messing around with my sexuality. Although it must be weird to know that people are writing about you having sex with your friend. Smile

I think Frerard on stage serves two purposes, it gets in the face of homophobes and it creates a very OTT show, which I think most can appreciate.

I don't think 'appropriate' is the right word, since i'm glad that rock show's are rarely 'appropriate'. Innappropriate things are usually more fun, on a limited basis. Smile
Apathy Rocks!
Killjoy
Apathy Rocks!
January 19th, 2008 at 03:40pm
///Edit On my above post///

After reading the bit of the interview that Stza. posted, I'm okay with it. Fanfics still creep me out though. Smile
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 19th, 2008 at 04:07pm
leavefamouslastwords:
i give them credit for doing stuff like that in public. most celebrities are like closet gay people

I agree, although they aren't gay, they are trying to ease homophobia, i think, which is good!
Gerard Way's Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Gerard Way's Angel
January 22nd, 2008 at 01:20am
rise_again_tomarrow:
leavefamouslastwords:

I agree, although they aren't gay, they are trying to ease homophobia, i think, which is good!

Nyam Mr. Green i so Agree
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 22nd, 2008 at 09:02am
Why is this topic still ongoing? I'm curious...Haven't the boys discussed this to death already?
hayleyjean
Bulletproof Heart
hayleyjean
January 22nd, 2008 at 03:04pm
Regardless on whether we find it appropriate or not, there is absloutley nothing we can do about it.
The desicion is Gerard & Frank's not ours.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 22nd, 2008 at 10:59pm
It gets annoying to know they are straight men and they act like they're gay. But yet, its kinda funny
hayleyjean
Bulletproof Heart
hayleyjean
January 23rd, 2008 at 12:20am
But how can we be sure that they're straight?
A lot of gay men are married.
Some even have children.
They're just afraid to let it out.