Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
April 28th, 2008 at 05:04pm
Lovesick Melody.:

Ever since I knew about Frerard, I have been against it. I just do not like reading stories about the band members being gay.
But now its happening in real life. And as much as I love MCR, I do not like this kind of stuff.
Like Gerard getting Frank, Ray and Matt Cortez to take off their shirts , Gerard and his 'bases' , Gerard talking about how 'hot' he is on stage And of course the famous Frerard kiss.

Im not liking this too much, I mean think about it. Yea, its 'hot', but do we or the band want to be known for this kind of stuff?
I understand about Prison, and how its about Prison Rape, but this is just too far for me.
Its getting too much of a normal thing, and to be honest I dont like that at all. Its just too out of character for them and completely inappropriate.

But hey, it might just be me, what do you guys think?

(And please no comments like "OmgZZZ ItZ S00 Hoo0tT!" )

Edit - 'bases' video is fixed! Wink

Your right, and there is nothing wrong with being gay, just this tarnishes there image and this is what drives me away from them, just how they've changed.
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
April 28th, 2008 at 05:07pm
well Gerard too...and I think they're doing it anyway...and Gerard said somewhere that his wife doesn't mind how he acts on stage.

Edit: If you don't like it maybe it's time for you to move on...they are not Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers. Honestly I don't mind them doing it and I highly doubt that the boys would marry intolerant women (read statement above). I haven't noticed their (Frank and Gerard's) wives being intolerant of this behavior. Yes, we should be proud of it. Maybe I say this because I've never seen it live and as far as I know they've been doing that since the band started...you make this what you want it.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 29th, 2008 at 04:53am
well...I respect everyone's opinion here. I personally am for Frerard. And I really dont see what the big deal is. Like rock stars haven't done wilder stuff onstage. the old metal bands ur parents may hv listened to in their young days would scoff at MCR. Plus who are we to say it's right or wrong? their spouses appear to be OK with it. and even if they're not, well.... face it, none of us here are married to Frank or Gerard. So lets enjoy them & their art without judgment or hypocrism. =)
jadepansy459
Thinking Happy Thoughts
jadepansy459
April 29th, 2008 at 06:35am
Collision Kiss:
well...I respect everyone's opinion here. I personally am for Frerard. And I really dont see what the big deal is. Like rock stars haven't done wilder stuff onstage. the old metal bands ur parents may hv listened to in their young days would scoff at MCR. Plus who are we to say it's right or wrong? their spouses appear to be OK with it. and even if they're not, well.... face it, none of us here are married to Frank or Gerard. So lets enjoy them & their art without judgment or hypocrism. =)

Amen!
x
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
April 29th, 2008 at 10:44am
They've always done this even from the begining even when there was 30 people as a crowd and more when the band was growing.
They do it so they can run off the people who are against people be gay and that are homophobic. They see it wrong for people to judge people of who they are and they are just showing it when they perform that their audience can accept it just like how they say fans they usually have are mostly the outsiders and they feel loved at their show and you feel accepted at their show so its like saying you can accept someone who is gay and how they are which is why they do it and its just for fun and they don't mean anything by it. My friends sorta act this way the way Gerard and Frank do on stage just being around them. Its pretty much saying if they were that way accept them for who they are
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 29th, 2008 at 11:42am
I'm Not In MCR:
There is nothing wrong with being gay, just this tarnishes there image and this is what drives me away from them, just how they've changed.
What's changed? They've always done this shit - and your statement...is a contradiction in terms.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
April 29th, 2008 at 03:16pm
This is an odd topic for me, sometimes I like Frerard, sometimes I don't. Most of the time I'm all for it and don't see in any way how it's seen as inapropriate. However, I think there is a side of it that makes people think 'gosh, that's really not needed'. Didn't Gerard & Frank state that one; they're doing it to piss off homophobic people and two; they just feel like it sometimes. (xD) Whatever the reason, everyones opinion comes down to being correct in one way or another.
For example. A mature mother takes her kids to see MCR and halfway through a jam suddenly the guys are dry humping? What's that gonna make the mother think? 'Jeez, I brought my kids to a show and they're witnessing this' - I guess it depends on their views of sexuality..

I think Frerard is like walking on broken glass. I never quite know what's gonna happen.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 29th, 2008 at 04:49pm
drunken elevator.:
A mature mother takes her kids to see MCR and halfway through a jam suddenly the guys are dry humping?
But if that mother is aware and trying to teach her kids tolerance, as I am, that won't bother her.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
April 29th, 2008 at 04:51pm
its not good
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
April 29th, 2008 at 05:11pm
as someone said before during TBP tour they stopped doing that and that they have been doing it since Frank joined the band.
jfc113
Salute You in Your Grave
jfc113
April 29th, 2008 at 08:27pm
I'm not trying to offend anyone or piss anyone off, but if you hate Frerard or think it's inappropriate that's your problem. The band isn't going to change because some people don't like it. I don't really care much about it, but I support them being themselves and not being afraid to do things like that on stage in front of so many people. I don't think it makes them less of a band, or ruins their 'image'. Trust me, there are bands that do a lot worse on stage than they do. I don't see anything to be against, really. I just like the fact that they don't care if people think they're gay, and they're trying to expose the audience to that if they haven't already been.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
April 29th, 2008 at 08:41pm
I, Jenna, am for Frerard.
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
April 29th, 2008 at 09:24pm
frerard=sexy frerard= awesome frerard=ahmazing
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 21st, 2008 at 02:56am
I don't really give it much thought
It's just kind of a funny thing to me...it's not like I secretely want them to get married or imagine them having sex =|

And we all know Gerard gets a bit psycho on stage...his mind is probably going a million miles a minute
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 21st, 2008 at 06:01am

Many of the solutions that are being offered here are "Move on." or "It's really an opinion."

But what if you still like the music but don't respect the band?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 21st, 2008 at 06:28am
^ What's not to respect about this band?
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 22nd, 2008 at 05:21am
it's kinda freaky...and it keeps the crowd go "wuhoo"...i think....
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 22nd, 2008 at 06:14am
Deb:
^ What's not to respect about this band?

Well, I made this thread ages ago, and have since gotten over it, but I would like to keep discussion kinda going.

What if all this stuff is just too... Over-the-top for someone.
They lose respect for the band.
Then what?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 22nd, 2008 at 09:26am
^ Then that's their problem. My Chem has always been unapologetic and in-your-face, and has always had an anti-homophobia platform. If you turn on them suddenly because G and Frank goofed off onstage (which, I repeat, they've been doing on and off THE ENTIRE TIME) then you clearly weren't paying attention in the first place. My band doesn't need to tone down ANYthing for ANYbody.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
May 22nd, 2008 at 09:40am
Frerard - It's definitely not something I see in everyday life, but you know what?
I'm glad that it exists. I really am.

I believe that they do it to make MCR-fans more open minded and not stereotypical.
Because, we all know that people in general can be very judgemental. And for some, when they see a gay, bi or a person who is a lesbian, they find it weird or gross or whatever and tend to outcast that person. This happens alot at school and I think that they realize that majority of their fans are in school, and some may actual be very narrow minded about the idea of homosexuality. So by "kissing" each other on stage and doing all this other crazy stuff, it's just like saying "iPeople are different and you should respect their choices in the way they choose to lead their life"

I could be completely wrong, but thats the way I see it.