Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Vacant3by4
Jazz Hands
Vacant3by4
October 16th, 2007 at 12:53pm
I support frerard 100%.
If they didn't enjoy it, they obviousley wouldn't do it.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
December 1st, 2007 at 12:35am
Vacant3by4:
I support frerard 100%.
If they didn't enjoy it, they obviousley wouldn't do it.

Agreed. They are just showing their hatred for homophobia. I think its a good message to give at shows.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
December 1st, 2007 at 12:52am
I enjoy Frerard, it's sooo hot. xP
But when it's not happening, I don't miss it..
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
December 1st, 2007 at 09:05am
weeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll.................I kinda like it and I kinda don't like it.
Atavan Halen
Salute You in Your Grave
Atavan Halen
December 1st, 2007 at 10:12am
there wasn't any Frerardness at the show i went to (Nov 28th)

i was kinda bummed about it, but when i thought about it again i realised that the show was un-fucking-believable and the lack of Frank/Gerard action was something of a great insignificance
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
December 2nd, 2007 at 03:37am
I admit the whole bases thing may be too much (hot yes, but too much) but gerard said in an interview that most the ferard stuff they do is a way to piss off all the homophobes.
broken toy soldier.
Salute You in Your Grave
broken toy soldier.
December 2nd, 2007 at 06:29am
Ferard is appropriate just so long as its under the right circumstances. If its just happening to be stupid and just for giggles than it can get inappropriate real fast but if its making an actual statement [aka homophobia is gay] than its good. And okay, looking at pics and vids like that is alright also, so long as you're not obsessed by the "relationships", and supporting the whole ferard thing is fun as long as its not serious like "I want to see them get together for real".
billie_ardente
Fabulous Killjoy
billie_ardente
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:09am
agreed with u PongxMaster!!!
I Am The Walrus
Jazz Hands
I Am The Walrus
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:44am
Ierophile.:

Why is everybody starting to complain about this now? This has been going on FOR YEARS.

When you go to see a MCR show, wtf do you want them to do? Make their shows all happy and rated G? Are you expecting a rock show or a fucking Hannah Montana show? Their shows have always been sexual and vulgar. No matter how many parents complain they will always do it. They. Don't. Care. That's the point. They're being themselves and not conforming to what other people want. That's been the point of this band since the beginning.

The proudness is they're showing people it's alright to be doing this stuff with other people of the same sex. They want people to be comfortable with who they are and by doing what they do onstage, it accomplishes something, even if you don't think it does.

Ierophile, i think i love you.
I Am The Walrus
Jazz Hands
I Am The Walrus
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:46am
PongxMaster:
Ferard is appropriate just so long as its under the right circumstances. If its just happening to be stupid and just for giggles than it can get inappropriate real fast but if its making an actual statement [aka homophobia is gay] than its good. And okay, looking at pics and vids like that is alright also, so long as you're not obsessed by the "relationships", and supporting the whole ferard thing is fun as long as its not serious like "I want to see them get together for real".

"Homophobia is Gay" is also a bit of a joke too, don't forget that! cause saying something is "gay" is being homophobic, it contradicts itself, so yeah...[/pointless]
JaysTrblMkr
Bleeding on the Floor
JaysTrblMkr
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:54am
I think it's Great that they've opened peoples eyes to the man on man thing! For years it's been acceptable for the girl on girl action and now they've turned the tables on it! There's girls making out with girls in movies, commercials and T.V. shows, it's all around us, so why has it taken so long for our society to accept the male make-out sessions?
I Am The Walrus
Jazz Hands
I Am The Walrus
December 2nd, 2007 at 10:06am
JaysTrblMkr:
.....girls making out with girls in movies, commercials and T.V. shows, it's all around us, so why has it taken so long for our society to accept the male make-out sessions?

well...because men are supposed to be seen as the macho sex, and the fact that girls are degreded as sex objects may have something to do with it...cause people are seriously used to girls kissing!! and you dont really see guys express their emotions, where with girls you do so...yes...*walks off*
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
December 2nd, 2007 at 10:28am
well i guess frerards are just for fun and yeah it's ok for me
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:11am
I Am The Walrus:
Ierophile.:

Why is everybody starting to complain about this now? This has been going on FOR YEARS.

When you go to see a MCR show, wtf do you want them to do? Make their shows all happy and rated G? Are you expecting a rock show or a fucking Hannah Montana show? Their shows have always been sexual and vulgar. No matter how many parents complain they will always do it. They. Don't. Care. That's the point. They're being themselves and not conforming to what other people want. That's been the point of this band since the beginning.

The proudness is they're showing people it's alright to be doing this stuff with other people of the same sex. They want people to be comfortable with who they are and by doing what they do onstage, it accomplishes something, even if you don't think it does.

Ierophile, i think i love you.

agreed. i changed my mind. i like it. Smile
MCR_Monster
Killjoy
MCR_Monster
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:25am
I think we should just accept them for who they are.
gerard is married.so he's not gay.
MCR fans stand up for MCR.
and if this is how they act, than we just have to deal with it.
after all we are an ARMY.
Teenage.-Misfit
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Teenage.-Misfit
December 3rd, 2007 at 04:31am
its showing that no matter who you are you shouldn't do what 'the man' says is right. someone up that way ^ said its like the homophobia is gay thing. the guys are doing what a lot of other guys in bands do! it just goes with there message of being who you are.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
December 7th, 2007 at 12:56pm
Theres nothing wrong with it at all, i mean, i'm not a die-hard frerard fan, if they stopped doing it i wouldn't miss it but i think it has a great message in it, it helps people to open their minds a bit.
tomtom
Killjoy
tomtom
December 12th, 2007 at 04:26am
Nothing wrong with it. If that's how they want to be and it's what they want to do, so be it. Not hurting anyone. Girls do it all the time, it should be viewed just like that.

And well, honestly, it's far more appropiate than "Waycest" o.0
Firefly.
Salute You in Your Grave
Firefly.
December 12th, 2007 at 01:48pm
^^ Agreed. Waycest is wrong, Frerard is just the boys' way of showing people they REALLY don't give a damn what's thought of them
Lost In Translation
Motor Baby
Lost In Translation
December 12th, 2007 at 05:30pm
I don't think theres anything wrong with it, what so ever.
If they feel comfortable with their sexuality, that's fine with me. It's just kissing and shit like that, i don't see anything wrong with it. It makes the concerts more interesting, and you can't deny it, but it makes the croowd go wild when they have their Frerard moments, i personally like FrerardVery Happy