Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
January 23rd, 2008 at 12:30am
At the end of the day, it's just to piss the homophobes off.

And yeah yeah, I know a protective mother/father would worry about their 12 year old daughter being exposed to something so gay and sexual at such an age or whatever, but IMO there are far worse things that can and have happened at gigs than a bit of male hanky panky on stage.

People faint, get whacked, fall down and get trampelled on in gigs all the time. You can get bad injuries, even in extreme cases die. If you think your kid's old enough to risk that, then they must be old enough for the "explicit" material. And even if parents get seats, they're probably not so stupid that they don't know the vibe of a concert.

Hell, if you let your kids listen to the music -which contains swear words- then you can't complain about a little frerardness every now then right?

Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 23rd, 2008 at 06:27am
^ This particular parent thinks it rocks, and also WANTS her son to be exposed to this stuff. The more exposed he is, the less likely he is to feel threatened by it, and I can be confident that I sent a tolerant soul out into the world, which is what I wanted.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 23rd, 2008 at 03:57pm
feel the romance.:
But how can we be sure that they're straight?
A lot of gay men are married.
Some even have children.
They're just afraid to let it out.

Maybe cuz he's married to Lyn-Z. Plus, I saw a video online (forget what it was called though, and Gerard started talking about how he was against being gay.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 23rd, 2008 at 07:28pm
^ That's bullshit - Gerard would never make that statement. Produce the vid. And no one in My Chem is gay. Being "afraid to let it out" for a band whose entire platform is anti-homophobic makes no fucking sense. Use your heads, people.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 23rd, 2008 at 08:59pm
Hey I saw it. So dunt criticiz me for it. Leev me alone
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 23rd, 2008 at 09:08pm
^ Prove it
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
April 26th, 2008 at 03:05am
I can't believe it. I haven't been here for a year and this thread is still alive and kicking!Shocked
Have you guys ever heard of a band called the Libertines? They make Ferard seem like child's play!

also has anyone noticed a growing amount of boylove with bands now?
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 26th, 2008 at 03:34am
Deb:
^ This particular parent thinks it rocks, and also WANTS her son to be exposed to this stuff. The more exposed he is, the less likely he is to feel threatened by it, and I can be confident that I sent a tolerant soul out into the world, which is what I wanted.

^^^ Now that is a good view...
Geetard Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Geetard Way
April 26th, 2008 at 06:00am
I like it (:
Brenny Boo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Brenny Boo
April 26th, 2008 at 06:10am
I like Ferard very much. And I have nothing against it. But I dont think its that inaproppriate. ^_^
Nadia Way
Jazz Hands
Nadia Way
April 27th, 2008 at 01:18pm
Frerard is just Gee and Frank goofing off to get the fans into it, and have them talk about it like we are now. I think it's funny while maybe a bit disturbing. Like someone mentioned above tho, theres nothing we can do- and it's their business.
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 27th, 2008 at 02:31pm
lol i like it... its just for kicks anyway!
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
April 27th, 2008 at 02:51pm
skelanimal.:
Plus, I saw a video online (forget what it was called though, and Gerard started talking about how he was against being gay.

he would never say that. :/
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
April 27th, 2008 at 03:17pm
Window Licker.:
At the end of the day, it's just to piss the homophobes off.

And yeah yeah, I know a protective mother/father would worry about their 12 year old daughter being exposed to something so gay and sexual at such an age or whatever, but IMO there are far worse things that can and have happened at gigs than a bit of male hanky panky on stage.

People faint, get whacked, fall down and get trampelled on in gigs all the time. You can get bad injuries, even in extreme cases die. If you think your kid's old enough to risk that, then they must be old enough for the "explicit" material. And even if parents get seats, they're probably not so stupid that they don't know the vibe of a concert.

Hell, if you let your kids listen to the music -which contains swear words- then you can't complain about a little frerardness every now then right?

I agree with Window Licker compleately.
They do it to piss off homaphobes and hell, because they can.
I don't think they're gay at all, I personally think it's compleately a spear of the moment thing.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 27th, 2008 at 08:45pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with Frerard at all.
Needless to say I actually enjoy it
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
April 28th, 2008 at 04:57am
I think it's appropriate in that it serves the purpose of proving that homophobia is 'gay'.
There's nothing wrong with it in my opinion, Frank and Gerard are meerly proving their point about their views on homophobia x]
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 28th, 2008 at 07:03am
gerardwayis_love:
I don't think there's anything wrong with Frerard at all.
Needless to say I actually enjoy it
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 28th, 2008 at 10:48am
XangelXofXunknownX:
^^^ Now that is a good view...
Thank you!

Sowing Season:
I can't believe it. I haven't been here for a year and this thread is still alive and kicking!:
I fucking know, right? It's like the ghosts of threads past come to life every so often around here.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 28th, 2008 at 12:52pm
Why was this brought back up? >_<
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
April 28th, 2008 at 04:45pm
helllooo wedding bells for frankie
NO FREARD