Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 22nd, 2008 at 11:45am
i see it as fine- if its the way they want to preform and even if their wasnt a message behind it it is still how they want to do things and conduct their shows. we as fans are going their to see a show and boy do they put on a show. but they do have something to say with it-they pretty much always have something to say with what they do. and it is an important message and i respect them for doing their thing to try and break down barriers for people.

and like Deb said, they wont change for anyone unless they want to change- they are in your face about things. their are plenty of fans who respect them for their stage antics and love it and have no problem with it. so why should they care about the ones that dont respect them because of it?
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 22nd, 2008 at 11:37pm
it's sort of the opposite of what the 'typical' rock n roll band does -- instd of taking advantage of fans & treating them as sex objects or groupies, they turn the sexual focus on thmselves. (American Sex Boys, anyone?) it really makes a statement. plus it's undeniably entertaining.

yknow what, This Shouldn't Even Be An Issue. the people who r grossed out by it are the people who shouldn't be at an MCR show in the first place. so there. =]
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
May 24th, 2008 at 09:56pm
I really love frerard, and i write a lot of Frerard's fics in Spanish, i don't know i always imagine gerard and Frank together and it's an automatical "owwww *O*"
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 27th, 2008 at 07:05pm
freard doesnt bother me.
in fact, i quite like it Very Happy
its something fun to read and yer Smile
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
May 27th, 2008 at 07:38pm
Frerard is fine by me. They are just trying to get rid of the homophobes.
I'll admit that i love reading Frerard's. It's just fun. There is nothing wrong with Frerard.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 05:20am
it is only a fiction. so nothing wrong.
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
May 28th, 2008 at 11:03pm
^ i don't know, maybe its more than a fiction....
my?mindless?romance?
Thinking Happy Thoughts
my?mindless?romance?
June 8th, 2008 at 06:47pm
i dont think theres anything wrong with frerard... theyre just trying to stop homophobia and stuff
pye in the sky
Jazz Hands
pye in the sky
June 10th, 2008 at 02:00pm
lol the whole frerard thing amuses me
i quite like it tbh
theyre really close and its fab that theyre like that
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
June 10th, 2008 at 02:30pm
I feel akward when people start kissing around me. I REALLY HATE WEDDINGS!!!!!!! (off topic, lol)
it doesn't bother me at all, who's it hurting?
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
July 3rd, 2008 at 10:47pm
I don't mind it at all. They're adults, and friends, so, really, they can do whatever they want. Who are we to judge them for it? They're just having fun, goofing around. And it's really kind of like a statement... that homophobia is wrong. If a kid admires them, and then sees a Frerard moment, then maybe he/she will think it's okay to be homosexual.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
July 4th, 2008 at 12:21pm
yea under comments and advice for ino i siad that i though fan fic could be invasion
bcause from the interviews ive seen it seriously creeps the band out
i would b creeped out too
but someone locked it and said it wasnt relevant
i think its wrong but that is just my opinion
i dont do it so im not going to worry about it
im just putting my opinion out there
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
July 4th, 2008 at 12:23pm
and i dont mind the whole gee frank kiss
hey theyre haveinfg fun and being themselves and putting on a great show
its their choice right?
gee used to like touch himself nad like hump the monitor onstage hehehe
we didnt love him anyless
i dont think its that much of a big deal
MCR-crazy-94
Banned
MCR-crazy-94
July 5th, 2008 at 03:57am
You know that MCR are anti-homophobism,right?
They basically do that to piss homophobes off.Atleast that's what i'm thinking
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
July 5th, 2008 at 09:14am
ha. I love Frerard Very Happy just sometimes it gets over the top
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 6th, 2008 at 01:23am
OH so THATS what "Frerard" means!!!

Yeah so I'm cool with the whole bi/gay thing, (I'm in theater, I've gotten pretty used to it) but I'm still kind of surprised. I thought all the talk of MCR bein "fags" were just haters thinkin of more insults. I had no idea there were any facts to back them up. So its apparent that atleast Gerard and Frank are bi-curious as it were. Or is it just thing to do on stag?

Its not that I really care, I would still love them all, its just that it would be nice to know whats goin on. ~ Rex
Stand!I'mStillHere
Awake and Unafraid
Stand!I'mStillHere
July 6th, 2008 at 01:30am
KingRex:
So its apparent that atleast Gerard and Frank are bi-curious as it were. Or is it just thing to do on stag?
^^ Honestly people have different opinions. I think most people feel it's just stage. But I know some people think they've actually dated b/c "of the way Frankie looks at Gerard" or whatever reason. But really the only ones that can give you that answer is Frankie and Gerard.

Overall with this thread i don't get why people make such a big deal of it. I love that it puts off homophobes, shows how rock music shouldn't be so degrading to women, and makes people feel that even if you are gay/bi, there's nothing wrong with it and that you can feel comfortable at their shows. I don't have a problem with it.
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
Fabulous Killjoy
A.Dream.4.The.Dead.
July 6th, 2008 at 12:49pm
I don't really have a problem with it... but I do have to admit that I get kinda jealous of Frank sometimes for this exact reason...
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
July 6th, 2008 at 09:34pm
Im fine with it,but its definetly not something to go and show your parents
smiledrug.
Killjoy
smiledrug.
July 7th, 2008 at 03:01am
I think it's awesome. As most everybody's said, they're making a statement. I think it's pretty hot - but I like everything they do, so. Also, sometimes it could just be a heat of the moment thing. And if it's real or not - they could be afraid of feeling for each other. Just because you support homosexuality doesn't mean you'd want to be such yourself. It can be pretty scary if you're in the middle of it. But that doesn't matter. As long as they're happy.

The fanfics are kinda creepy (although pretty entertaining if you find the right ones, lol), especially if you look at it from their point of view. I'd be kinda freaked out, but there's always going to be these kind of things no matter what. Other bands that don't do this kind of thing onstage probably even have it. Maybe the fics should stay off the internet, I don't know.