Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
June 11th, 2008 at 12:45am
Tabs, don't worry about it! I still have to finish replying to your one message from weeks ago. I should be the one apologizing!

Don't really have too much else to say. I too could bitch about the state of the world but doesn't seem to do much good!

In personal news, I got a sort of promotion at work. Sort of cause there is no raise involved and technically I'm catagorized the same in the city system. However starting next Monday, I will be the Young Adult Librarian for my entire library system. I'm super excited and stressed about it. I just got to find a way to get the teens into the library! I figure I still feel like a big teenager myself so that should help.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

To MCR, thank you for helping me still believe something beautiful exists in this world!

pets the pretty new avatar. i think i'll post more just to look at it lol IDC what anyone says Bilo, ily.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 11th, 2008 at 09:32am
Congratulations Porcelina!

Gerard, okay, what's with the goddamned monkey? And will he be making another appearance next tour?

Frank, be seeing much of you this summer, eh? Wink
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 11th, 2008 at 02:49pm
*waits impatiently for Leathermouth dates*

Gerard, I love the Hawaiian shirt. xD Though I have to agree with Deb: what's with the monkey!?
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
June 11th, 2008 at 03:35pm
Kinda late, but thank you so much MCR, for exposing me to a world of firsts. I met some really nice people at Bamboozle Left, and although I didn't get to meet any of you (although I came pretty damn close to meeting you, Frank, at the S//C tent Disgust) the experience was well worth it. I went in completely terrified of the worst, as I still had my Glasses of Naiveity on, and came out completely refreshed and blown away (not to mention hoarse from all the shouting ^_^). You guys gave me what I've always wanted at that show; a chance to be respected as a human being and an adult. I was there with people just as insecure and unsure as I was, and it was fun, for lack of a better word. You gave me the ability to let myself go with just the right amount of reponsibility. I cried, I laughed, I jumped, I moshed, and I sang louder than I ever have in my whole life, especially in a large group of strangers, and I didn't care if anyone thought I was a loon. Most of all, I want to thank you for giving me FREEDOM. I have so much respect for you guys as a band and as individuals, and with the messages you have been sending out to your fans, showing them that you still care despite all the shit, I have even more respect for you. The message you posted in response to the emo suicides is the exact same thing I've been saying for the longest time. I'm constantly on this board called Children of Sin, and we are never short of problems, and I do the best I can to help them out. You helped reinforce the idea that it's possible to push forward and live your life to fullest, even when everything seems to go to shit. By flying through the waste and adversity, we can emerge as stronger people, and thus help others who think it's all worthless. You inspired me to try and do something with my life by helping people who are in the same position I was some time ago. I want to write a book to help all others like me learn to heal themselves, and your music was the catalyst for that idea. So thank you so much overall, for giving me freedom and a purpose. You guys will always hold a special place in my heart. Much love now and always,
Cym

*ahem* I know they'll never see that, but I felt it needed to be said. Thanks for letting me use your board to take up space with my long-ass rant Mr. Green toodles all!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 11th, 2008 at 09:54pm
So I just have to share this with you guys. We have a kid at camp who is, shall we say, a handful. He doesn't listen, he definitely marches to his own drummer, and has this terrifying habit of picking up his lunchbox and walking away. He's not really walking anywhere, per se, but he decides he doesn't want to be there, so he leaves. I am terrified to think of how field trips are going to go. He may have to be my "special helper."

Just when we were about ready to throw in the towel yesterday and call his mom to come and get him, I pulled him aside and sat down and asked him why he kept leaving the group. He said, I don't want to do what they do. I told him he didn't have to do what everyone else was doing, but he has to stay with the group where he can be seen. I told him we were going to have to call his mom if he walked away again, but that if he could try and follow directions until snack, we would call mom and give her a good report. He looks up at me (and of course, he has an angel face) and says, "Really? *I* can get a good report? I've never gotten a good report." You could have knocked me to the ground. I couldn't imagine a child, no matter how terrible, *never* having a positive thing said to him. So I did the kid pinky-swear thing, and he did a complete 180. True to my word, we called mom at snack, told her about the talk we'd had, and how great he was doing. Mom started crying. The kid wasn't lying -- he constantly gets bad reports at school. Today -- his actions matched his face. I couldn't believe it when I went over to the pool and saw him following directions. I was so impressed I took off my shoes and socks and sat at the side of the pool for half an hour and watched him show off because he wanted to show me how good he was at swimming. I know he isn't going to be perfect, but we got that breakthrough. We're on the right track.

With all of the crap that goes on at my job: those are the things that keep me going. That's why I do what I do, why I go back day after day.

Oh, and my lunch today? Fish bait. Seriously. My co-worker was running late, and she had the bait for the kids who were supposed to go fishing. The kids were nearly in tears -- fishing is a HUGE deal at camp. So -- my tasty ham and turkey sandwich got ripped to shreds to feed Pudge the fish in the lake. I hope Pudge liked it. My lunch became a Coffee Crisp bar and a treat size Air-Heads taffy one of the kids gave me.

And through it all -- my sanity break is what kept me smiling. Thank you boys.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 11th, 2008 at 10:00pm
^ That is honestly one of the most adorable things I've ever heard.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
June 11th, 2008 at 11:27pm
Tabs, that story made me tear up. That could make all the difference in the course of that kids life. *hugs*

MCR: This is going to sound a little weird but I'm thanking you on the behalf of a friend who is going through tough times. I met this wonderful person becasue of your band and she means the world to me. I'm so glad that she has the memories of our biblical win tour and your music to support her through this tough time. Your lyrics and faith in life keep us strong probably more than you will ever know.

still drooling at icon. pets the crazy pretty
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
June 12th, 2008 at 02:56am
My Chem;
I need something to remind me of why you five men have made such an impact on my life. Maybe I need to listen to an album straight with no breaks, or maybe I need to watch LOTMS again? I'm just loosing your 'message'. I know it's powerful and I want you five boys back in every aspect of my life. Hmm.. I'm making no sense tonight. Well anyways, I can't wait for July 1st - The Black Parade Is Dead! Maybe that will do it. I love you boys so fucking much.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 12th, 2008 at 12:09pm
<bump> whistles
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 12th, 2008 at 01:10pm
So, I just finished reading this whole thread (started last night)
and I know it's a bit late but....

To the amazing boys of My Chemical Romance:

I know I haven't been a fan for super long, only about a year and a half, but I still love you and your music. My Chemical Romance is the only band that I can listen to and still want to immediatley get up and dance. You guys have taught me to be happy with myself, and to hell with everyone else. I listen to your music and smile at all the good times I've had, and cry about all the bad times I've gotten through. Your music is also the only music i can hardcore lipsunc to. xD You guys were there for everything. Hell, you we're even there when I got my braces. (I got to listen to my ipod :]) And for all of this, I thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I'm still in it for the music.

Love,
Becky.
xxI_Love_Gerardxx
Killjoy
xxI_Love_Gerardxx
June 12th, 2008 at 08:04pm
To All Five Of You Amazing People-

I know it's been only about half a year sience I've been listening to your music, but I must say that you guys have saved my life. You've given me a chance to let go of some things, and a chance to loosen up. Every day that I listen to you guys, I care a little less and less about what other people think of me.

Gerard, you are a truely amazing person, the life and soul of the band.

Mikey, you are the brains, the glue that holds the band together.

Frank, you are a hardworking individual who brings some comedy and life into the band.

Ray, you are a wonderful person who does what he has to do, even sing sometimes.

Bob, you are a dedicated man who is willing to step up and won't take shit.

I love you guys.

~Reporter: "Mikey, Ray, Bob, and Frank are all dangling off of a cliff and you only have time to save one. Who do you rescue?"

~Gerard: "I jump too."
JaysTrblMkr
Bleeding on the Floor
JaysTrblMkr
June 13th, 2008 at 04:33am
Tabitha, that was an Amazing story!! You should feel very proud of the confidence YOU have instilled in this child!!

Shannon ^^ you have nailed the Guys perfectly, I was nodding my head as I was reading it and then I laughed!

My Chemical Romance has a special magic that touches to the very Soul of their fans! The best way to describe the connection is to read Tabitha's story of her little trouble maker (7 posts above^^) A little positiveness and you have a friend who truly cares for you!!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 13th, 2008 at 09:59am
Thanks guys, Jules esp for those incredibly kind words (and for providing the Coffee Crisp that became my lunch the other day). I love all of you.

I took revenge on Pudge, however. I went fishing yesterday with the kids and caught a huge fish. I took a picture, then put Pudge back in the lake, but not before warning him that he was going down one of these days....
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 13th, 2008 at 11:08am
Tab what an amazing story - I am so proud of you!

See, boys, this is how you inspire us all to be better people, thank you Smile
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
June 13th, 2008 at 12:44pm
Tab, that's an amazing story!!! I'm glad you did that. Poor kid. I feel sorry for him.

I'm grounded. So I haven't been on here for ages.

MCR: please tell me you were joking, Gee, in the AP article "next time we go on tour it will be for about half the time of this one"??? no? Please tour? and come to toronto?

oh and I just realized Toronto is TORO-NTO.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 13th, 2008 at 01:22pm
Bob.:
MCR: please tell me you were joking, Gee, in the AP article "next time we go on tour it will be for about half the time of this one"??? no? Please tour?
I know that journo really dragged down the entire tone of that interview, didn't he? Disgust
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
June 13th, 2008 at 01:29pm
Deb:
Bob.:
MCR: please tell me you were joking, Gee, in the AP article "next time we go on tour it will be for about half the time of this one"??? no? Please tour?
I know that journo really dragged down the entire tone of that interview, didn't he? Disgust
He did!!! I was expecting a nice, long, exclusive interview, and i got a short page of depressingness. *sigh*
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 14th, 2008 at 12:35pm
So the shuttle landed like an hour ago. It's neat because whenever it comes in to land there's sonic booms over our house and the windows shake and Mulder freaks out and runs around the house trying to figure out what's going on. It's pretty cool. Today Mulder was out on the porch hunting geckos to regurgitate on the carpet later -- stupid cat, you'd think after 6 years he'd learn he can't digest them -- and the booms hit and he shot into the house and did one of those kitty freak-out meows and hid in a closet. He is a source of endless hilarity.

Mandy -- does that happen by you? It does here because the shuttle's landing trajectory is right over our area but you're further north.

A new squirrel for Jules:

Anyway, this was on page two. So I felt like moving it up.

Boys -- awesome trailer #2! How exciting. I'm hoping there's some hidden goodies on the DVD. Either way, it looks spectacular. You should be proud, you did an amazing show.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 14th, 2008 at 09:09pm
haha Tab I love your cat's name - Mulder. I miss having a kitty about Sad

Yeah I remember my entire building complex rushing out to watch the shuttles take off and land, and yes, they DO shake up the foundations. That was one of the coolest things about living in Florida.

I need a Toro shirt BADLY <wonders idly if anyone still owes her a birthday present>
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
June 15th, 2008 at 03:34am
Hey Tabs. People claim that they can hear/see the shuttle from our area. However, I have never felt it here. I did witness it a couple of times when I was dating my ex who lives in Orlando. It was weird to watch this fireball hurdle through the sky.

That reminds me did you witness the mysterious sonic boom there in 2004 on July 4th? It was the creepiest sound/event. I was there visiting my then boyfriend at the time and we were both baffled. They never did find out what caused the boom if I recall.

I saw The Happening tonight and it disturbed me so now I can't sleep. Maybe I'll go finally bring myself to watch the vids from the MSG show.

MCR: Thank you for being you. And Gerard, I watched Trick or Treat last weekend and it was a fun 80s horror movie. Though, I am curious if you got some wardrobe ideas from the lead character in the movie. = ) Either way I thought you looked bad ass.