Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 15th, 2008 at 09:49am
Yeah, I've seen it go up but I've never seen the landings, only heard them. In fact, the first launch I saw was Columbia in '01 I think, I was working in Disney entertainment and a bunch of us broke the rules (we did that a LOT) and went out on the roof of the Liberty Tree Tavern/Diamond Horseshoe and watched it go up, it was gorgeous because it arced just at the highest castle spire and looked like a giant rainbow of fire behind the castle. We would watch the fireworks and the parades from up there too, but we always had to hide at the end of the Christmas parade because the guy who was Santa could see us on the roof and we could get in trouble -- he was one of our trainers, so he knew all of us and wouldn't hesitate to get us in trouble. Stick-in-the-mud.

I remember hearing about the 2004 boom, but I was in Indiana at the time for my aunt's funeral, so I wasn't here when it happened. They say you can see the shuttle just after the boom, but I've not seen it. I did log onto NASA and watch the landing from their live feed, it's pretty neat.

Yeah, we got Mulder at the height of our X-Files devotion. I told you the story about David Duchovny's brother and that commercial we shot that he directed? He thought it was hilarious that we had a cat named Mulder. I think he told David about it also -- not that he would care, but it is kinda funny.

Offical Hulk review: save. your. money. And please observe a moment of silence for the loss of Edward Norton's dignity, and possibly his career. All gone in the two seconds it took him (well, technically it was Lou Ferrigno's voice, but still) to say "Hulk Smash." Yes, they did. They went there. J.C. on a piece of Melba toast. I loveded you, Ed Norton! I loveded you!!!

And to top it all off, I had this judgmental box of Milk Duds tell me that I am not a winner. Where does a box of Milk Duds get off telling me that I am not a winner? It doesn't know me. It doesn't know anything about me. I could be a winner and it wouldn't even know because it wouldn't give me a chance. Stupid Milk Duds.

32 days until The Dark Knight. So 14 days unitl TBPID!. 32 days to lament the loss of one of my favorite actors' promising career and the $20 it cost me to view it. 14 days until something can take my mind off of it.

Boys -- save your money. Wait for The Dark Knight. Trust me on this.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 15th, 2008 at 10:44am
That squirrel made my day!! Tabs, I promise to write you back and Tim promises to mail your package which he swore he mailed but actually was sitting in the backseat of his truck. We have been crazy - he got a new job, stuff came up at my office, my little dog, Ripley, was hit by a car and broke her right front leg and back foot, my mother's best friend passed away, and I have been off my fee with a relapse.

So, here's to hoping next week is better!

Gerard- your wife is amazing! Can't wait to see her next week and then in Toronto!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 15th, 2008 at 12:32pm
^^ Jules, no worries, really. I know how real life can get in the way of things. I only asked because I've had 2 packages disappear since I lived here, so I got worried that I was on #3.

St. Frankie: please watch over Jules, help her have a better week, and kick the shit out of anybody that fucks with her, okay?

*places king-size bag of Skittles on altar as an offering*
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 16th, 2008 at 09:30am
Bottom of the first page!? This is unacceptable.

Jules, I hope you have a better week! Sounds like the last one wasn't too fun, yuck. Have a blast seeing MSI (I'm jealous, haha); I'm sure they'll put on one hell of a show! Who knows, maybe there will even be a Gee-sighting (does the word "Gee-sighting" make anybody else feel like it's some African lion safari? Lol).
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 16th, 2008 at 06:57pm
Bump.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 16th, 2008 at 08:10pm
My article was published! If anyone's interested, it's a fanzine you can pick up at any comic shop. It's called Pacesetter. I'm the article on page 23. WIsh I had a scan, but I don't. Sorry! Check it out if you want to see what I do with my free time.....

love to all!
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
June 17th, 2008 at 01:38am
Hey Tabs. Congrats on being published. If I am able to go a store, I'll definitely be looking for it.

LOL Thanks for The Hulk review. I honestly didn't have high hopes anyway. Poor Ed Norton. I really wander what made him take this role.

Jules, I hope you are having a good week. If you have Frank watching over you, then I think you are one blessed woman!

I have the MCR Calendar on my closet door so I've been starting the day with a beautiful Frankie smile. It definitely starts the day out on a right note.

Boys: Hope you got to spend Father's Day with your dad's this year.

Frank, I'm patiently still waiting for offical tourdates for Leathermouth = )
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 17th, 2008 at 05:05am
porcelinajune:
Poor Ed Norton. I really wander what made him take this role.

I have, quite literally, wondered this myself at least once a day since it was announced. Eric Bana? Fine. Dude's fairly new, not a lot of blockbusters, so wants to get in the spotlight. Ed Norton? Amazingly talented, has a few big films (and some great sleeper underground ones as well) so doesn't really need the press. Maybe it was the free hand they gave him with the script - then ended up throwing out just so they could have that 20 minute special effects bonanza of Hulk vs. Abomination at the end? Meh.

Tabitha does not approve.

I know that doesn't mean anything, but I wanted it to at least be officially out there.

thedarkknightthedarkknightthedarkknight...(evil Joker laugh)

Frankie, I second that request for the LM tour dates. You can't just drop a bomb like that and leave everyone hanging.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
June 17th, 2008 at 09:49am
Tab, I'll check that out this week.

Jules, you're coming to Toronto? When? Toronto is awesome. It's just boring. *lives here* Maybe it's only boring for ME. I dunno, anyway, have fun with MSI!!

MCR: I will make a shirt that says "Don't talk to me today" on the front and "The Black Parade Is Dead comes out today and I"m here" on the back. I will suffer, while at camp instead of watching TBPID. *sigh* Why did you postpone it again?
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 17th, 2008 at 11:43am
Deb- How was the birthday weekend?

Tabs- oh man I am so looking for the article!

Porcelina - thank you, I take great stock in St. Frank!

Bob -- I like Toronto, I've had some interesting times there and I love the Swiss Chalet and that Grill place.

I got to see Obama last night. I am so blown away, not just by him, but also by the history in the making. It was a good night for my city and I am proud.

Frank: sign the architects - they are super amazing!
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
June 17th, 2008 at 12:53pm
Jules- I have learned to hate Swiss Chalet. I basically spent a meal every week there for 6 years. I now hate it. Toronto is fun... if you don't live here.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 17th, 2008 at 01:08pm
^^ I understand, my friends who come from Canada always want to go to the IHOP or Denny's and I am like WTF? I think anyplace gets boring when you live there. I always thought there was nothing to do in Detroit, except get mugged.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
June 17th, 2008 at 01:11pm
^^Detroit sounds fun!! I'm going to Ohio in August, and I'm going to Hot Topic, and places like that that we don't have in Canada.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 17th, 2008 at 02:14pm
Hello Lovelies Smile

Congratulations Tabs!!!

Frank, see you next week, Love Wink
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 17th, 2008 at 02:44pm
Yes, Toronto gets a bit boring after a while, 'specially here in the suburbs, but ah well. I feel safe here, which is more than I can say about when I went to Detroit (Lol; no offence meant, Jules). Some crazy person came up and started washing the windows on my mom's car the second we parked. It was a bit sketchy. Then again, I was not too smart either, considering I wore a red bandana around my neck, heh. Didn't even realize what I'd done until after I'd gotten back, but thank God that downtown Detroit wasn't very busy.

Congratulations on getting published, Tabs!

Frankie, Leathermouth dates? Pretty please? :]
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
June 17th, 2008 at 03:42pm
Hey thread! Hey guys! I just got back from Download Festival, so I had some catch up reading to do! Tabitha - I love the way you dealt with that difficult child so positively. It may be a small thing, but it sounds like you really made a difference.

Hulk movie that bad huh? *Shudders* Poor Ed Norton. Poor Hulk. Eeeesh.

I am so glad that the Kerrang comment was you Debs...I terrified my poor housemate with my incessant cackling! Twas awesome Very Happy

So I have to ask...this 'camp' thing you are all (well not all, but you know) talking about...what is it all about? We don't really have anything like that in the UK, as far as I'm aware...and I'm a little curious...

MCR: At the festival this weekend, every MCR fan I met hugged me and chatted to me and was so positive. You create awesomeness. Clearly.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 17th, 2008 at 06:18pm
^^ Camp is the wonderful world of activities and fun stuff for kids during the summer vacation from school. Here we have day camps and resident camps. During the summer, I am the director of a day camp, not a resident camp - mainly because I don't to be surrounded by kids 24/7, if I did, I'd have one.

My camp is for elementary school kids. They have all kinds -- probably the most popular of which is like Scout camp. Those are mostly resident camps though. Day camp, the kids get dropped off in the morning, spend the day with us, we do all kinds of cool shit, and then they go home around 5:30. It's good times. We go on field trips. We're going to Arabian Nights this week, because they were too f'n cheep to go to Medieval Times. (grr) If you're here during camp when you come in August, I'll take you by it so you can see what it's like.

wickedjulesesq:
^^ I understand, my friends who come from Canada always want to go to the IHOP or Denny's and I am like WTF? I think anyplace gets boring when you live there.

OMG. I'm like that with O'Charley's anytime I get anywhere north of FL. They have a loaded baked potato soup that would be worth the soul of my firstborn, if I had one. When I went to Chicago to see the boys, I ate at O'Charley's every single night except for the night we went to Little Mexico (a small Mexican hole-in-the-wall near where my hubs went to college -- best. chicken. tacos. ever. EVER.) My poor grandmother was so relieved when we went to Little Mexico because we'd gone to O'Charley's 3 times by then. I know she'll pay me back next week when she's here, she'll want to go to Shells (a local seafood place, super-fresh seafood and the best clam chowder anywhere) like every other day. When I went to Indiana for my aunt's funeral, I went to Shells, bought 4 quarts of chowder, froze it, put it in a cooler, and the cooler was my carry-on, the chowder her birthday present -- this of course was back when you could take liquids on the plane. That's how nuts she is for that place, she'd asked for it as a joke and about pissed herself laughing when I handed over four quarts of clam chowder in a cooler wrapped in a big red bow.

BOYS. You really, really need to do something about your merch. Poor Carola just sent me like $150 so I can send her some shirts and the DVD because your server was hasselling her so much because she lives in Chile. You have fans everywhere and you need to spread the love out of your merch dept. Kick Warner/Reprise's ass and make it easier for your non-US fans to get their merch. *love you!*

(and on the subject of int'l fans and me fencing the goods -- Loz? Did you order your shirts? Let me know so I can leave a note for the mail guy)
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 18th, 2008 at 11:28am
I love O'Charley's!

What is with this Target Tshirt?
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
June 19th, 2008 at 06:09am
Eeep! Second page! This is not allowed, NOT ALLOWED! *Calms self down*...okay...

Sadly I could not order the t-shirts because my finances would not allow for it Sad If this changes (and I am always hopeful about such things) I will let you know AND I will be able to pick them up from you personally Very Happy I'm so excited! A little nervous about the actual flying malarkey though...that seems a long time to be in the air... :S

Camp sounds cool...we have summer sports clubs and things like that, but nothing that does actual trips and visits and stuff.

MCR: I agree with Tabitha! Just because we don't live in the US doesn't mean we don't love you enough to want to cover ourselves in merch too! Hey St. Frankie - feel like helping us out here? Very Happy

I keep seeing all these teaser trailers for TBPID, and I'm stuck at home with no money because I have to save it and I think I am going to spontaneously combust with anticipation. Accursed days, taking time to pass! Fiends!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 19th, 2008 at 09:42am
Good Morning my lovely little happy thread Smile

Boys, thanks a lot for that bulletin warning us that the TBPID! collector's editions are running out; I just spent $86 I don't even have yet. I hope you realize that someday, when we're all in our 80's, you will be expected to pay me back by way of personal performance in the old age home LOL

rolling on floor Tabs, scout camp and Medieval Times both rule.

Jules, the shirt is for charity, but it's currently only available for purchase at the Australian Targets (thanks God for Australian best friend. I can ask Cat to pick one up for you next trip if you wanna paypal her some cash - provided they're not out of them.) I know you've got a lot on your plate right now though hug

Sad Damie and I both want a Toro shirt so badly, but my family sucks and doesn't believe in birthday presents for adults, so we'll have to hope they're still around by December.

Haha thanks Lauryn - how is your sister doing?