The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 28th, 2007 at 04:29am
stop bUMPING!!!
anyway.
thank you for saying this!!
i agree.
yes i love gee, but i would im 12. ive given up already. and i love frankie and mikey and ray and bob too!!
i want gee to be happy. WITH WHOEVER HE WANTS! of course, i believe in frerard, but still. if it is not real.then i dont give. i love the music. you guys will never sell out
ever
you will always be mcr. just maybe a different mcr
and i will always love you guys
cause you saved my life
but marry anyone you want, just no yokos
that would suck
but go on, and gee you are not old. you look young you act young.
love, sarah
ThenYouWin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ThenYouWin
August 28th, 2007 at 05:32am
Guys, whatever happens - thank you for forming this band. You are making a difference.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 28th, 2007 at 01:23pm
revived
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
August 28th, 2007 at 02:58pm
Wow, um, I've had such a busy summer, I haven't been on INO in weeks!

Great post!

I doubt I'll ever meet the guys, but we can all hope that Ray or Mikey lurk on the boards.

And I'm going to Projekt Revolution tomorrow. Smile
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2007 at 03:04pm
Ooooh have a great time Demonic! Report back please!!!

<waves to Shell>
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
August 28th, 2007 at 03:55pm
I will, I will, no worries.

Okay, here comes the part when I start gushing on about tomorrow:
GaaaaH! I can't wait! It's my first MCR concert, and I'm gonna see Linkin Park and Mindless Self Indulgence, and HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
[/giddiness]
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 28th, 2007 at 04:15pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows...wow. just...yeah.
i think this thread is exactly what The Band section needed.
so much shit's been going on, people displaying such negative opinions of the band, even gerard. it was getting really out of control, i hated seeing it happen, and i agree with everything you said in that first post.
i've always been one to assume the best of all the guys in the band, and try to defend them. i do/did post on plotb when i felt i had something to say. sometimes i felt guilty for being on the thread and being associated with it, because of all of the hate that was generated in it recently.
that's how serious things have gotten. people are becoming so wrapped up in the personal lives of the band, it's getting out of control, and it's turned PLOTB thread into something horrible. but i'll be one to admit that i've gotten caught up in the speculation in the past, i'm not perfect. i have never and would never speak down about the band unless i knew that they had done something that seemed morally wrong to me, but i would often feel ashamed of just reading the posts in there or commenting on something myself, that by even conversing about a recent love interest and their relationships that i was spying on them.
that's how bad it got.

if any member of the band were to read this, i'd want to tell them that all five of them are amazingly inspiring and strong people.
my life would be completely different if i hadn't found them.
there will always be gossip circulating, and people will always be talking about their lives, outside of just being in the band, but the music, i literally can't describe how much of a part of me it is. and i know so many people who feel exactly the same way.
x-MCR-rock-x
Really Not Okay
x-MCR-rock-x
August 28th, 2007 at 04:20pm
SOME SANE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unorthodoxx
Killjoy
unorthodoxx
August 28th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Alright. I wouldn't probably be posting if I didn't think that there might actually be a chance this thread gets to you guys somehow. This might be the closest I ever get you all of you, so I hope this is at least a little touching on some level.

First of all, I guess I would like to thank the 5 beautiful men who have not only saved my life, but given me a new one. You have opened my eyes on so many things, teaching me and giving me hope all at once. I can never thank you enough for your words and your music that have helped me overcome the most difficult things life has set before me.

I will never, ever give up faith in all of you after what you have done for me. My unconditional love is the least repayment, which seems like not much of a payment, because it is so easy to give in the first place.

Gerard: I have a hard time believing that you would spend time with a woman who is supposedly (or was) all hopped up on toadstools or whatever, especially after a recentley failed engagement, unless you know exactly what you are doing, or unless something really is wrong. The last 6 months have been especially chaotic, and all the partial bits of information we get are hanging over our heads. Some of us have chosen to give up hope. I, along with the Black Parade, are marching steadially behind you, no matter how many hickies you get, or how many times we've tripped, or how many times you yourself have stumbled.

Frank: I love you so much. Just seeing your adorable face makes me want to squeeze you. And no, I'm not some pervert, I simply love you like a brother. You have shown me the power behind rythym guitarists, and like Ray, have inspired me to be the best guitar player I can possibly be. Your theatrics are amazing, and you have gone where no other guitar player has gone before. I have the same Les Paul Custom you have, by the way. Smile

Mikey: I don't even know you, but I feel like you are my kid brother as well, despite the age difference between us. You mean the world to me, and I hope that I can see your face (that is hopefully smiling) one day. Everyone on INO has missed you terribly, and the day that you play again onstage will bring nothing but happiness to thousands of people. My favorite bass line in all the world is to "Give 'em Hell Kid", and I'm pretty sure I have you to thank for that.

Ray: Genius. You've given every guitarist somthing to think about. Your hair, your incredible skills. You've given the music its meaning, whether it's saddness, or happiness, or the will to pick yourself up again. MCR would never be the same without you. Thank you for all the amazing solos, which to me aren't ever long enough. Especially the solo to "My Way Home Is Through You" it's short, but my favorite solo out there. Thanks Ray.

Bob: I know nothing about drumming, but I've always been able to tell that you are a very unique drummer. I"ve heard beats from you that I"ve never heard anywhere else. My mouth has fallen open many times watching you perform. I honestly believe that you are the backbone of MCR, giving them the beats to play to, and the humour and advice to continue on. Taking you on board was great not only to the band, but to all the fans as well.

All of you have been holding out your umbrellas for us, but remember that we are holding out umbrellas for you. You have created an army, one of the strongest ever created. We will always be here for you. Hold on, because if you are lost, we feel lost too. If you are saved, we are all saved. ~alyce
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2007 at 05:06pm
unorthodox, that was beautiful - welcome to INO!

Natalie, believe me, you speak for tons of us here regarding that thread. It made me feel so unclean to be in there, yet I felt I had to be, if nothing more than to try and turn the tide the other way at times. I did get caught up in the drama that was Eliza - we all did. We became worried for Gerard. It was stupid, and I think we learned a lot from that.

Gerard has now become the classic example of "Damned if you, damned if you don't." No matter WHAT he does now, someone will complain about it. You thought the entire thread was just ecstatically happy with the Frerard stuff? Eh wrong again - there was a thread created in the midst of all that entitled "Frerard - is it appropriate?" and tons of people said it wasn't. Then when there isn't any, Gerard must be a scumbag.

Eliza didn't make him happy enough, LynZ makes him too fucking happy. Either way, he must be hitting the stuff again. He's not interracting with the crowd because he's stuck up. Oh now he's interracting with the crowd TOO much and ignoring his band, and oh, we don't like what he's saying. He blew fans off and didn't stop to sign anything. Oh he's been signing things but not CHEERFULLY enough. Oh wait now he's TOO cheerful, maybe he's just throwing the fact that he's getting laid in our faces.

GIVE ME (and more importantly, HIM) A FUCKING BREAK ALREADY! He's a person, not a bug under a goddamn microscope. How about we turn the spotlight onto some of you, see how well you fare underneath its bright glare?

And yeah, unfortunately, the other bandmembers have caught their share of the bullshit too, some of it fallout from being associated with G, others of it earlier shit (people were pretty rude about Jamia and Alicia for awhile there, and also accusing Mikey of having mental problems and/or being a fuckhead who didn't care about the band anymore, or anyone in it.)

People do NOT own these five guys, okay? How much do you want from them? You want to chain them to your beds like a scene out of "Misery" for "their own good?" What are you rumourmongers getting out of all this, anyway? The sick satisfaction of knowing that you have not only marred an innocent man's reputation, but taken out with him all the innocent people who found solace in his words? What kind of a person behaves like this with no conscience at all?

Shit this wasn't supposed to turn into an all-out rant, it was supposed to remain a positive thread. Let me try and turn it around again.

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank, Bob (even you, Matt, for doing such a great job filling in while Mikey's been gone) WE STILL LOVE YOU! We know you're allowed to grow, change your life's direction a bit. You DID make a difference, you DID (and you still are - I meet new MCR converts every single day.) I am going to return to you, Gerard, your words to us "Never lose faith in us, we'll never lose faith in you." Most of your fans are nice, normal people who care about you guys and one another unconditionally - please excuse the bad apples. I suspect they won't be here when you guys return from break, and it'll be just us again. Won't that be sweet?

xoxo Deb
alex turner.
Salute You in Your Grave
alex turner.
August 28th, 2007 at 05:23pm
Here's my input.
I really don't like it when people rag on MCR or their significant others just because they're jealous or need a talking point with others.
Sure, some of their relationships didn't work. And we have to let them go because it's their problem. They have to deal with it. I'm not saying they deserve to, but if it's their mistake then, chances are, they'll learn from it.
I bet whoever each one of them they're dating has their pros and cons. Everyone does.
Sorry about the short ranting. I was getting the mental squits by not getting this out.
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
August 28th, 2007 at 05:24pm
Okay, to continue this lil' chain of letters.

Dear MCR,

I'm not used to writing cheesy letters. Perhaps the fact that I do not know if you will see this may help. But if you do see it, know this: you mean all the to me, to us, the fans. I've changed so much since that fateful day when I turned on the TV and your music hit me like a bullet. You make life different, special. You make life important, worth living. You are important. You save lives with wild guitar solos, head-banging, drumbeats, and a stage presence reminiscent of Freddie Mercury.

You are more special than any band I have ever listened to. You're my soundtrack, the blood that flows through my veins. You're the roar of the crowd that gives me heartbreak to sing, and I will cheer you on too, giving back as much as I can, though it's nothing compared to what you give me.

If life is music, then you're everything.

Gerard: Can I call you Gee? I can't believe how amazing you are. Your voice is in me. It rises up through my body and makes me stronger. The bellows, the shrieks, the pump of your fist telling us to stand up fuckin' tall.

Mikey: Your dedication to what you do astounds me. You put everything you had into My Chem. And you know what? It was worth it. Keep on inspiring me, and I hope you and Alicia have a happy life together.

Frank: Goddammit, young Frodo, you're awesome. Your personality, your attitude. That grin on your face that makes girls blush. Do I have to even prove your greatness? Look in the mirror, you'll see what I mean.

Ray: You're the next Brian May. Pure genius, I tells ya. Keep on writing them guitar solos.

Bob: Oh my Bob! Your drumming is top-notch. I like the little boom-boom-boom-boom in WTTBP. Keep on doing what you're doing.
alex turner.
Salute You in Your Grave
alex turner.
August 28th, 2007 at 05:27pm
Demonic.:

Sorry, off topic, but I guess I'll see you at Projekt Rev, too!
But I do agree with you completely.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 28th, 2007 at 05:45pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
Natalie, believe me, you speak for tons of us here regarding that thread. It made me feel so unclean to be in there, yet I felt I had to be, if nothing more than to try and turn the tide the other way at times. I did get caught up in the drama that was Eliza - we all did. We became worried for Gerard. It was stupid, and I think we learned a lot from that.

xoxo Deb

you wrote what i think!
if i could ditto everything you just said without appearing lame, i would!
i just answered someone's question in the rumours thread about gerard's engagement and the like, and i did it as simply as i could but as i did it, i thought to myself whether i should be writing anything.
that's how scared plotb has gotten me. i mean, is it acceptable to talk about the band's personal life in a factual sort of way, answering someone's question or is that being hypocritical?! you know what i mean?
it's so hard to know where the line is drawn.

on a lighter note though, away from the talk of the plotb and all the poo that goes with it: if bob read this i'd want him to know that i think he's such a beautiful person [waow, we're getting cheesy here!]. i don't mean that in a fan-girlish way, or a 'i totally love him' way. it's hard to say this sort of stuff without it sounding completely cliche.
he's still shy around cameras and about the way he looks. i can empathise with that because up until a while ago [before i first found mcr actually] i felt so unhappy with myself, my appearance, my weight, how i just was as a person but now my self esteem is so much much higher. and i wish he realised that he doesn't have to be insecure at all because he is appreciated and admired for who he is, and in a physical and a non-physical way i think he's beautiful.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2007 at 06:09pm
Katie and Demonic, yes! wtg (God I feel like I have to keep cheering everyone in here LOL) And Natalie, it's alright to answer questions (even though I know what you mean about being wary to even go near the subject now.) I always preface everything I say "What we know is" and/or "It is rumoured that" then warn everyone not to place much stock in rumours.

I think the majority of posts in here would warm the guys' hearts - that's why I want to keep doing it. Even if they never got to see them, they're sure as hell making us feel better anyhow LOL (maybe someone going to a meet-and-greet in the near future would like to print this thread out, seal it up in an envelope and hand it to one of them? That'd be sweet.)