AuthorMessage
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 28th, 2007 at 07:04pm
IcePrincessOfSpam:
Alls I will say is this,

My Chemical Romance,

You are a group that I have loved and respected for nearly 4 years. In that time, I have been through a rollercoaster of emotions and used your music, along with music from other bands, to help me through good and bad.

But throughout the massive success that is The Black Parade, everything became larger then life. In some ways it became larger than all of you. And some of you found it easier to cope then others.

During this time, admittedly, I did become a tad obsessive with the goings on in your personal lives; I defended you, got angry with you and people around you, I worried about you, made up some dumb theories, looked at your problems and tried to find logical solutions, but never-the-less, I always loved your music.

In that, people started talking smack, questioning their love for your band and abandoning you because some of your views, your image and perhaps your perceptions of life had changed. Most would say, that they had changed for the worst.

You are now living in the glare of media spotlight and to be completely honest, its not becoming. Especially of you, Gerard.

I read untold stories about how all of you, barr Frank, were no longer happy at meet and greets, how distant you are with fans and so on, and that does not sit well with me. Luckily, for every bad MCR story, there were 5 good ones. You claim to love us but we appear to be more a hindrance then a help, if that makes any sense.

Now I have a life of my own and now I dont really give a flying fuck anymore. I still dont agree with some of the things you do, the messages you put out there, the way you carry yourselves and who you choose to associate yourselves with, but I still stand by the fact that I love your music.

Im over it, and to be honest, I think you should take a break and be normal. And everyone on these thread should become a little less obsessive and stop reading into things which arent really there.

Stop looking for problems because thats when you'll find them. Stop with the double standards and let the guys live their lives. Step away from the boards, and go have a life of your own; stop investing yourself in something that you have no great hold over.

Yeah yeah yeah, you can call me a hypocrite because Ive done these things too, but then am I not the perfect candidate to say these things? Exactly, so kiss my ass, lol.

Trust me though, you'll feel better for it.

And with that, Im done.

In spite of my own gushing, I have to say this was a very mature and well written post, and I'm glad to see it. I agree with a lot of what you said, only I could never have put it so well! Thanks for the perspective. Smile
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
August 28th, 2007 at 08:03pm
I want to gush too but I am having a dumb day.... just want to say that it is so nice to come on here and see all these great posts about this great band. I really do hope they know how much we appreciate them and not just hear about the negativity. Alot of people are complaining about how they have changed - but the fanbase has too. Why is it suddenly soooo easy for some to believe the bad things? But thanks for this thread, it is a place where you want to say something because it is said in such nice company.

Oh and I rewatched that PR livestream thing - and you guys OWNED that stage! Rock on!
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
August 28th, 2007 at 08:11pm
Forgive me for being a retard Deb, but why do you keep saying 'BUMP'?
Leonard Hofstadter.
Motor Baby
Leonard Hofstadter.
August 28th, 2007 at 08:17pm
I know alot of people have said this but thank you so much for making this. I agree whole heartedly with everything you just said. Some of the things going on right now are terrible. And half of the things said about them, mostly Gerard, are no where near deserved.
I hope they find this and find out that there are people who still care about them with all their hearts.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 28th, 2007 at 08:38pm
Happy Junkie:

To keep it near the top of the list of threads. Wink
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2007 at 08:40pm
Happy Junkie:

I am saying "Bump" because it's in effect what I'm doing; each post "bumps" the thread back up to the top of the page, thereby preventing it from dropping out of view Wink

EDIT: Ack! Grace's fast fingers beat me to the punch! LOL

Esther, I'm so glad you feel the same way as we do! It's so important I think, now more than ever, to show our support. Even if the bottom fell out tomorrow, how exactly would that take away from the irreplaceable product we already have to enjoy for the rest of our lives?
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
August 28th, 2007 at 09:21pm
man, i just can't get over the fact at how disappointed mcr would be if they ever read the plotb thread. it's scary.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 28th, 2007 at 09:21pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:

EDIT: Ack! Grace's fast fingers beat me to the punch! LOL

Mr. Green I do what I can Deb.
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
August 28th, 2007 at 09:24pm
Before I post in here, I would just like to mention that before one of my amazing best friends pointed out this thread to me I was losing all faith in MCR's fan base. I am so happy and proud to see that not everyone is buying into every silly rumour that is spread around about MCR.

I, for one, will never stop supporting My Chemical Romance. This band saved my life, and for that I owe them everything that I am, and everything that I have a chance to become.

I do not agree with every decision that the band makes as individuals, but that does not stop me loving them or their music. They can do as they please, because they're adults. Their lives our not ours to pick apart and judge.

Anyways, I know that this is old hat by now, but I am so grateful that this thread exists. I want to thank everyone who has posted in this thread for restoring my faith in the best fans in music. I love you all. =)
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
August 28th, 2007 at 10:01pm
dude, thank you! it bugs me sooo much when people are all "zOmG! leik i am tttllyyy gonna marree gee!!! OMG!!"
it's like... no.
honestly, they don't give a flying purple fudgesicle if you hate their girlfriends or whatever.
yes, they are attractive. there are other attractive people out there. respect them as musicians, admire them, but don't freakishly obsess over wanting to marry them or something. thanks.
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
August 28th, 2007 at 10:06pm
Ohh, that makes sense, thanks guys! *BUMP*...ouch?
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
August 28th, 2007 at 10:13pm
I love this thread and it has to be kept alive.
I will never lose faith in you guys because no matter who you date, what you do or say, your music will never cease to amaze me. Its what keeps me going each and every day and im thankful for what Frank, Ray, Bob, Gerard and Mikey have given me everyday. Hope and people to look up to.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 28th, 2007 at 10:43pm
Another nice word about Gee:

http://mouseski.blogspot.com/
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
August 28th, 2007 at 10:45pm
shitthatwascyanide:
dude, thank you! it bugs me sooo much when people are all "zOmG! leik i am tttllyyy gonna marree gee!!! OMG!!"

The fact is, I have rarely seen anyone on here who says stuff like this and is serious about it. The problem is not these people, but the people who think they know what is good for the band as individuals, arguing that this girlfriend isn't good enough for this guy, and that girlfriend doesnt fit this guy. And when Gerard, for example, does date someone that people don't approve of, it causes tension between fans vs. fans and fans. vs the band, and sometimes even fans vs. the music. I've seen people blame eachother for the fuckups of the band, such as "omg teenies!" and "omg fakefans!" and "omg,gerards-girlfriends'-fans!" and fighting with eachother because of what these fans believe in and how that connects to what MCR are doing.

Ever since I joined INO, it has been going downhill; and rapidly. Why? Because for some strange reason, I get the impression that some people seem to want to own the band, or think they do own the band, like little puppets on strings, because the music has affected them. Make the decisions about the personal life. Know whats good for each member personally. Why don't you make the music as well, huh?

Thats just my opinion of whats happening. Btw, shitthatwascyanide, this was not directed to you personally!!

We should have an INO rehab.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2007 at 11:03pm
Wow! Okay addressing everyone one at a time, and I can't say thank you enough times for helping me to keep this thread going, and keep it happy.

Kirsten: I couldn't agree more, and thank God that thing is locked up and hopefully on its way to being bumped (keep posting on every other thread on this page, you guys, maybe it'll go away.)

Olivia: never too many thank you's, from you guys or from me (or from the band, whether they know this thread is here or not, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear about it LOL)

Cyanide: that made me LOL. That's pretty much what it boils down to, for the most part, isn't it?

Noamme: that was one of the most well-written, intelligent posts I have ever seen (actually, you guys are amazing me still, one right after the other!) ILY!

Jules: thanks for the link! Spreading the love around the net, woohoo!

Nicole: I love this thread too, and thank you for helping to keep it going!
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
August 29th, 2007 at 12:05am
SFXtra:

The fact is, I have rarely seen anyone on here who says stuff like this and is serious about it. The problem is not these people, but the people who think they know what is good for the band as individuals, arguing that this girlfriend isn't good enough for this guy, and that girlfriend doesnt fit this guy. And when Gerard, for example, does date someone that people don't approve of, it causes tension between fans vs. fans and fans. vs the band, and sometimes even fans vs. the music. I've seen people blame eachother for the fuckups of the band, such as "omg teenies!" and "omg fakefans!" and "omg,gerards-girlfriends'-fans!" and fighting with eachother because of what these fans believe in and how that connects to what MCR are doing.

Ever since I joined INO, it has been going downhill; and rapidly. Why? Because for some strange reason, I get the impression that some people seem to want to own the band, or think they do own the band, like little puppets on strings, because the music has affected them. Make the decisions about the personal life. Know whats good for each member personally. Why don't you make the music as well, huh?

Thats just my opinion of whats happening. Btw, shitthatwascyanide, this was not directed to you personally!!

shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
August 29th, 2007 at 12:32am
SFXtra:

they tried to make me go to rehab, i said noooo noooo no.
XP

we should though. have INO rehab.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
August 29th, 2007 at 12:33am
Ok, here goes.

My Chemical Romance mean the world to me. They're every single moment that matters in my life. Yeah thats a real huge statement to make, but I'm serious. I would be a seriously fucked up human being without them.
My Chemical Romance did not save my life, but they made it sooooo much better.
I'm in year 10 at school. In years 7 & 8 I was what you can safely call, an asshole.
Then I heard I'm Not Okay on Kerrang! And yeah, you know what happened.

Sure, some decisions they make, I don't agree with. But you just have to accept them for who they are, and most importantly, keep the fucking faith.
I love each and every member just as much as the next guy, they all mean so much to me in their own way.

And I'll admit it. I'm fucking obsessed with them, like.. it's actually beyond the point of obsession. They're now part of me. And they always will be.

They inspire me in sooo many ways I can't begin to list them. They're 5 guys who have gone through a lot of shit to get where they are now, and I think they're amazing.

Gerard;
Thankyou for just being you. You ARE my hero. Every man should be like you. You're personality and attitude towards life makes me smile. Thankyou for making my life awesome. I'll NEVER forget you. I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH. Keep the faith. xo

Frank;
Where do I begin? At the mere mention of your name I start gushing about you, and I can't stop. You're my idol. I wanna meet you so badly just so I can say hello to you. YOU'RE AMAZINGG!!! Oh, and.. you're laugh is the fucking SHIZZLE. xo

Mikey;
Keep smiling. You're what makes my chemical romance. Sure, they still rocked when you were away, but it isnt the same. I havent even seen you live yet and it's bizarre how much I missed you. Gah. I fucking adore you. I hope you're at my show in November. Aahhh I'll say it again.. I fucking adore you!! xo

Ray; "The Quiet Genius" - Bob and Mikey had a point. You're what I would call mcr's backbone. I would give anything just to sit with you so you could tell me about you're life with mcr. OH AND WAIT! Where would we be without thee FRO!?! THE FRO IS LOVE!! And I love you!!

Bob;
Ahhh Bob. My fave guy ever. You make me smile and laugh until my face hurts. You make me want to be a drummer, even though I SUCK haha. I love you and you're hatred towards cameras. Keep rocking dude. xo

LOVE YOU ALL FOREVER AND EVER AND EVERRRR! Haha xD
Jess xoxoxoxoxox
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
August 29th, 2007 at 12:58am
thanks for agreeing with me Deb!
but thank god that thread is locked.
=D
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.