Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
AVENGED-ROMANCE-USED
Fabulous Killjoy
AVENGED-ROMANCE-USED
August 27th, 2007 at 05:27pm
Tallulah:
I'm so sorry Deb.

This thread is not for discussion on their problems or opinions on what might or might not be happening in their private lives.

This thread is to show support for the band and give them our love.

Please take other comments somewhere else becasue otherwise it is spam.

Thanks.

AMEN FOR THAT Clap

i totally agree with you talulla well said if i might say so myself
the whole idea is that exactly not needing the (spam).
just the support maybe another thread for that need's to be opened so that way the supporter's don't feel that what they say isn't worth the typing they do. Clap keep it up people's..
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
August 27th, 2007 at 05:36pm
IcePrincessOfSpam:
Alls I will say is this,

My Chemical Romance,

You are a group that I have loved and respected for nearly 4 years. In that time, I have been through a rollercoaster of emotions and used your music, along with music from other bands, to help me through good and bad.

But throughout the massive success that is The Black Parade, everything became larger then life. In some ways it became larger than all of you. And some of you found it easier to cope then others.

During this time, admittedly, I did become a tad obsessive with the goings on in your personal lives; I defended you, got angry with you and people around you, I worried about you, made up some dumb theories, looked at your problems and tried to find logical solutions, but never-the-less, I always loved your music.

In that, people started talking smack, questioning their love for your band and abandoning you because some of your views, your image and perhaps your perceptions of life had changed. Most would say, that they had changed for the worst.

You are now living in the glare of media spotlight and to be completely honest, its not becoming. Especially of you, Gerard.

I read untold stories about how all of you, barr Frank, were no longer happy at meet and greets, how distant you are with fans and so on, and that does not sit well with me. Luckily, for every bad MCR story, there were 5 good ones. You claim to love us but we appear to be more a hindrance then a help, if that makes any sense.

Now I have a life of my own and now I dont really give a flying fuck anymore. I still dont agree with some of the things you do, the messages you put out there, the way you carry yourselves and who you choose to associate yourselves with, but I still stand by the fact that I love your music.

Im over it, and to be honest, I think you should take a break and be normal. And everyone on these thread should become a little less obsessive and stop reading into things which arent really there.

Stop looking for problems because thats when you'll find them. Stop with the double standards and let the guys live their lives. Step away from the boards, and go have a life of your own; stop investing yourself in something that you have no great hold over.

Yeah yeah yeah, you can call me a hypocrite because Ive done these things too, but then am I not the perfect candidate to say these things? Exactly, so kiss my ass, lol.

Trust me though, you'll feel better for it.

And with that, Im done.

AMEN Clap
disgustedXfan
Joining The Black Parade
disgustedXfan
August 27th, 2007 at 05:57pm
Denial is a wonderful thing, isn't it? The signs are everywhere, and a rumor's not a rumor that doesn't die. But of course, your denial of what's so clearly building up isn't going to change it either way.

When this tour ends and this madness all crashes around Gerard and he is alone again, it's going to be epic and disasterous. And the "support" of a thousand strangers isn't going to fix it.

Let's pretend for a second that they are reading this. Gerard, get your shit together, stop depending on other people to validate you, stop changing yourself in order to fit in with those people who you feel validate you.

There, now everything will be fine because I "showed my support" on a public message board.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 27th, 2007 at 06:07pm
Sorry I keep coming back in here, rotfl.

Gerard: I know you can be insane, crazy and weird all at once on stage but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. The things you've said have kept me going and let me know I'm not alone. For example: "It's okay to be messed up, 'cause there's five dudes that are just as messed up as you." You have no idea how comforting that can be, or maybe you do. I guess what I'm trying to say is: Go crazy on stage, be Gerard but don't lose the part of you that was the akward boy in high school, because so many people look up to you for that because of who you are today. It gives people hope that who you are in high school doesn't matter and you can be whoever the hell you want to be. So just... remember that.

Bob: I didn't know the band before you, but I'm still so glad you joined. MCR wouldn't be MCR without you. You're hilarious when you open that mouth and get infront of the damn camera. Razz I love that you're shy, though. It's cute hahaa. Oh and get on that solo project, asap. I wanna hear it! Wink You're awesome.

Ray: Dude, you're amazing. Thank God you DIDN'T have a girlfriend in high school, hahaha. But aside from the fact you're a genius at guitar, you're an amazing person! You're so sweet.

Mikey: First I gotta say you and Alicia are adorable. I hope you had an amazing wedding and you enjoyed your break. You're hilarious and somehow I get really protective of you, hahaha. I don't know why. I hope you come back to the band soon, it's not the same without you.

Frank: Oh, Frankie. Where do I even begin? You're fucking awesome. Your energy on stage really makes the preformance that much better. You're so dedicated to the fans and that's so important to me. The fact that you're a vegan is, too. You inspired me to be one. You're just an amazing guy, really. I love everything you stand for. You and Jamia are actually the cutest couple I've ever seen. No, really. I hope only the best for you and I'm so glad you have each other. You're hilarious and your pot laugh is the best laugh I've ever heard. I hope Leathermouth is doing well, I support that too! I'll support you no matter what. Keep rocking out, man!

[For the record, I admit I get caught up with silly things and rumors but that doesn't mean I don't love these guys. I'm just a big fat worrier and only want the best for them. So if I hear Gerard is acting weird I think of the worst possible senario. It's wrong, I know. But I'm trying to stop. So, I'm sorry if I've ever put you guys down, it's only because I care and I worry, so I over speculate.]
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 06:37pm
Sandersidle, you may come in here as many times as you would like! LOL

Disgusted, I was being very respectful to you, but you are not returning the favor. I'm not sure what it is that you are hoping to gain from being a member of INO; moral support as you struggle to regain your faith in this band, or strength from a growing number of detractors?

You say you care for Gerard, yet you put down this forum that supports him and this band. I think we all realize that his choices are his own, and not our's, but if you truly are concerned for him like you say you are, you might want to say so instead of banking your entire thought process on rumour and speculation.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, you say? Fine, fair enough. So your solution is to be angry with us for not being angry enough. My solution is to show him my love and hope for the best, as well as to remind the OTHER four members of My Chemical Romance that they have just as much to do with my love for this band as G does.

Perhaps you would feel happier on an MCR bashing site? Do you want to see that every day? People dismissing My Chem's message as nothing more than image and whining? People summing the band up as faggots and wrist-cutters? People actually HOPING something horrible will happen to one or to all of them? Isn't it much more pleasant to continuously thank the boys for what they've given us, and try to have faith that all will be alright?

I won't be able to sleep at night if I think Gerard's going to off himself, like you're thinking. I just have to have faith that he'll find a way if he's struggling right now, but again HE SEEMS VERY HAPPY TO ME. And we're putting him down for it. First Eliza isn't making him happy enough, and now LynZ is making him TOO FUCKING HAPPY?

We're not even making any sense anymore. Let's just let Gerard be and tell him we love him, alright? That's all this thread was created to do and be. There are plenty of other threads on INO for this sorta stuff. Can't we keep the negativity out of one place please?
AVENGED-ROMANCE-USED
Fabulous Killjoy
AVENGED-ROMANCE-USED
August 27th, 2007 at 06:50pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
Sandersidle, you may come in here as many times as you would like! LOL

Disgusted, I was being very respectful to you, but you are not returning the favor. I'm not sure what it is that you are hoping to gain from being a member of INO; moral support as you struggle to regain your faith in this band, or strength from a growing number of detractors?

You say you care for Gerard, yet you put down this forum that supports him and this band. I think we all realize that his choices are his own, and not our's, but if you truly are concerned for him like you say you are, you might want to say so instead of banking your entire thought process on rumour and speculation.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, you say? Fine, fair enough. So your solution is to be angry with us for not being angry enough. My solution is to show him my love and hope for the best, as well as to remind the OTHER four members of My Chemical Romance that they have just as much to do with my love for this band as G does.

Perhaps you would feel happier on an MCR bashing site? Do you want to see that every day? People dismissing My Chem's message as nothing more than image and whining? People summing the band up as faggots and wrist-cutters? People actually HOPING something horrible will happen to one or to all of them? Isn't it much more pleasant to continuously thank the boys for what they've given us, and try to have faith that all will be alright?

I won't be able to sleep at night if I think Gerard's going to off himself, like you're thinking. I just have to have faith that he'll find a way if he's struggling right now, but again HE SEEMS VERY HAPPY TO ME. And we're putting him down for it. First Eliza isn't making him happy enough, and now LynZ is making him TOO FUCKING HAPPY?

We're not even making any sense anymore. Let's just let Gerard be and tell him we love him, alright? That's all this thread was created to do and be. There are plenty of other threads on INO for this sorta stuff. Can't we keep the negativity out of one place please?

Clap FUCKING AMEN ''D''

dudette discusted fuck get the fuck over yourself and go make your own thread will ya and leave us fucking people in denial as you keep saying yeah whatever we get your fucking message now step the fuck off and go annoy some one else please stop being so god damn pathetic...
for fuck's sake's GO AWAY PLEASE.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 27th, 2007 at 07:08pm
The other day, while watching SURS, we heard Gerard ask "What does this band mean to you? Not what you think it means, but what does it mean to you?"

My husband turned to me and said, "MCR means knowing that someone out there admits they are as fucked up and confused as you are, but are trying to sort it out. MCR means there is still some integrity in music, that not all "rock stars" bask in pretension. That someone still gives a damn about who is listening. Besides, I don't think you can find a better guy than Frank."

We have had the opportunity to meet them several times over the years. They remain the kind, sincere, appreciative, guys we met at Warped.

I can tell you countless stories I have heard from friends about Gerard. One of my closet friends told me of recently meeting Gerard, "He actually listened to what I was saying. He looked at me and was listening. Gerard didn't brush me off; he didn't rush me, he listened."

These guys aren't perfect and no one should expect them to be, you don't have to agree with their choices, you don't have to buy everything they are selling, you don't have to hang on their opinions -- and isn't that the whole point? Isn't the message in part about accepting yourself and others regardless of the imperfections? Isn't the message about finding the strength to trust yourself and stand up for what you believe it? Isn't the message about helping others to be proud of who they are and what they believe in?

It's been suggested that their "message" is just a marketing ploy, just another gimmick to set their band apart. It wouldn't matter if it is -- this band means something to many people -- this band has saved alot of lives. Just seeing one kid have some faith and trust in who they are, as opposed to being depressed because they can't be a cookie cutter image of what is projected on MTV speaks volumes.

Ramble completed, now I need a vitaminwater.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 27th, 2007 at 07:16pm
jules274:
My husband turned to me and said, "MCR means knowing that someone out there admits they are as fucked up and confused as you are, but are trying to sort it out. MCR means there is still some integrity in music, that not all "rock stars" bask in pretension. That someone still gives a damn about who is listening. Besides, I don't think you can find a better guy than Frank."

Dude, your husband is awesome, lmao! Very Happy And I agree. You really can't find a better guy then Frank.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
August 27th, 2007 at 07:36pm
jules274:
These guys aren't perfect and no one should expect them to be, you don't have to agree with their choices, you don't have to buy everything they are selling, you don't have to hang on their opinions -- and isn't that the whole point? Isn't the message in part about accepting yourself and others regardless of the imperfections? Isn't the message about finding the strength to trust yourself and stand up for what you believe it? Isn't the message about helping others to be proud of who they are and what they believe in?

OUTSTANDING. I applaud you (and your husband). Some people here need to understand the hypocritical nature of themselves in what they post. If you can't see how five guys have imperfections then maybe you need to listen to House of Wolves again. The man could not have said it plainer.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 08:49pm
Jules, thank you (and I want to have tea with you and your husband some day LOL) That was an absolutely brilliant post and I don't think anyone could have said it better. I love hearing positive stories about the band from people on here; it's such a refreshing change, unfortunately, as of late. I think we all forget that they're only human, that sometimes they're going to have bad days, or personal problems, or experience changes in their lives, just like everyone else. This band has dedicated six straight years of their lives to us; we can't be patient with them for six months? That's about how long it's been since this board (and countless others) began to turn on them, and Gerard in particular.

I don't know how many times I've had to remind people in here: "Don't lose faith in us, we'll never lose faith in you." Why is everyone so quick to assume that everything they've seen and heard with this band is a giant pack of lies? Can't you take from it what helps you and leave out all the rest? Can't you enable others to pull their strength from someplace without feeling a need to shoot that down?

I've questioned Love Man on his or her motivation with that. I've tried to make him or her realize that while he or she is busy wreaking havoc on Gerard Way's character, they are also dragging down the emotional state of everyone who has ever looked up to him, ever drawn strength from his words. I have pointed out that that is a selfish and vicious thing to do, but nothing I say seems to penetrate, as those who are either sucked in by the drama of "unraveling" Gerard Way or on some sort of personal vendetta against him continue stubbornly on this very self-destructive path. You reap what you sow, people, always remember that.

I believe, you guys: Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank, Bob, in what you tried to offer people out there, and I will be forever grateful to you for making that difference in people's lives, while respecting enough that you are free to live your's.
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
August 27th, 2007 at 09:03pm
You people amaze me. Every word you have said is so refreshing because it lets me know that there are still fans that care for the band. I'm so sick of people trash talking the guys for the stupidest things. I mean, let them live! they have given all of us so much, and how are some people repaying them? By monitering every little thing they do. It's ridiculous.
I just had to put that out there, i know it's been said already, but i needed to get it off my chest. This thread is the best thing that's happened on INO, thank you so much.

love you all!
-Kirsten
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
August 27th, 2007 at 09:09pm
I'm Glab this post was started, I agree with all above and just want to add:

What ever any one of you five do...I'm with you all the way.

I also want to say: Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Bob and Ray are human. I wish some people would relize that, They make mistakes, Fall in love, and breath...just like the rest of us. They have things they want to keep privite and people should respect that. I also wish that people would especally leave poor Gerard alone. I hate that people make roumors, just to amuse themselves.

On an end note, just want to say. I LOVE each one of you and hope the best, - Brit
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
August 27th, 2007 at 09:25pm
I think I'll make little notes now...

Bob - You are an aweome drummer, you made MCR even better. Your so funny too, love ya.

Frank - were do I begin, I love how your so goofy sometimes but how you can be really devoted to somthing too. The world needs more people like you, best of luck with you and Jamia.

Ray - I love the fro'. You are so sweet and nice, Never stop rocking that guitar.

Mikey - Congradulations on your marrage (I know a little late but better late then never). You and Alicia are so cute together. You tottaly ROCK. I love your sence of humor.

Gerard - You are my hero. I wish people would just leave you alone with your personal life...it's YOUR life. Congradulations on your three year anniversary of being clean and sober, I'm really pround of you.

Love you all, Good luck - Brit. Smile
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 10:16pm
Oh you guys make me so happy; keep those posts coming! I don't care if they're just bumps, hellos or whatever other silly thing you wanted to say to the band - just keep this thread up there so everyone has to look at it every day before posting. I didn't realize that was a goal until a few pages in; I just wanted the boys to see it if they ever stopped by here (before they saw anything else, God willing) but now I think we should all see it all the freaking time. Despite a couple of negative comments, the majority of you have helped to restore my faith in the fandom, allowing me NOT to feel ashamed for my association with INO again. It has become my favorite home among all of the boards out there, and I made so many wonderful friends here who I wouldn't trade for the world. I love you guys! Keep this going!

Gerard, don't stay too long in those woods! Wink
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
August 27th, 2007 at 10:18pm
Yay for some great posts guys! I cannot love MCR more than I do, I know they are normal guys with abnormal lives and they all have their own problems. That has nothing to do with me personally - I LOVE THE MUSIC. It inspires me and makes me happy.

If it means that I am in denial because I refuse to waste my time on obsessing and rationalising over something that I cannot change and don't really see anyway so be it.

I'll happily be in denial and enjoy the great music and shows as long as it goes on and if they take a well deserved break I will continue to enjoy everything MCR until they bring out the next great record..... or not.

We love you guys, each and everyone of you and I will support you in all your choices - even if I do not understand it or always agree - I'll get over it, so will all other true believers. Good on you all!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 10:34pm
Thanks Morgaine, and welcome to INO!
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 27th, 2007 at 10:42pm
I promised some thoughts to the other guys, so here you go!

Ray
"Ray Ray" as I call you. Wink

The quiet genius, the man with the plan, Ray Toro
Ray, you are the shit. In a word. You're my second favourite member of my favourite band and no words can describe quite how much you mean to me. I admire your diligence, your attentiveness, your gentle manner, your professionalism and above all your devotion to your music and your band. Your extraordinary gifts often go unfairly overlooked in a band as hectic as this and thus, I just want you to know that to me, you are a legend in your own right. Strong and dignified, a fine guitarist, and a wonderful man. I really look up to you Ray Ray. You, too, are a hero for me, and I can only pray that one day I can give you the kiss on the cheek I've always wanted to.

Frank
"Frankie" to one and all. Wink

I get hurt every fucking day. I'm an idiot.
Frankie! What can I say to sum up what you mean to me? You're not an idiot, for starters. You're a little rascal, un petit filou, a loveable rogue! Your energy onstage never ceases to astound me, nor does your unwaivering belief in and dedication to your fans. You are a shining light in the band, a true individual. A nutter (in the best possible way), who still has time to meet his audience and let them know how much they mean to him. You too are a stunning musician and your determination and resilience in the face of adversity has made me admire you all the more. Who else could go up to Marilyn Manson after he's insulted them and act defiantly cool? You're a star, Frankie, and always remember that.

Bob
"The Bobster!" Wink

If there's a God, I thank him every day for sending us Bob Bryar.
Frankie's not the only one. Bob, you often go overlooked, but you are never forgotten. You my dear are a carebear in disguise. A man with integrity and talent, who stepped in when the band was at it's bleakest point and helped to save them. You have always seemed steadfast and strong in silence and your ability to shine through your drumming alone makes me smile. I look up to you more than even I know, Bob. And I too love turtles and cats. Mr. Green You are long overdue a hug if ever I am lucky enough to meet you.

Mikey
"Mikey Mike" Wink

He keeps us sane. He's kind of like everyone's kid brother.
Michael darling, you are adorable. I love you. It can't be easy to be Gerard Way's younger brother, never mind having to deal with the devotion of crazed fans and your own personal problems. Yet you've managed to do so and come out shining, and that says more about you than I ever could. You are an instantly recognisable face and an immensely loveable one. You may not have a lot to say in interviews, but what you do say speaks a thousand more words. You always seem to be so caring and generous, with a discreet affection that makes us all love you. I'm so happy for you and Alicia, and I hope you are enjoying your time off and wallowing in domestic bliss! it's easy to neglect the bass player in any band, but never forget how special you are, Mikey. My Chemical Romance without you just isn't the same, and neither would be the love of all us fans.

-Grace D. once again!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 11:00pm
Oh shit Grace that actually made me cry.

Hey Gerard, you're freaking everyone out with your usage of the word cock ROFLMFAO
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 27th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Oh jeez stop it, I'll start...

I really love Ray, I'm sorry. I'm dying to meet the guy.
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
Joining The Black Parade
TRAGICAFFAIR?.
August 28th, 2007 at 12:06am
Aww, Grace, that was actually beautiful what you wrote for those guys.
(i know this is gonna sound cheesy) but i'm honoured to be talking with all of you, because you're all such amazing people. I think MCR would be proud, and i bet they already are. <3