Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 26th, 2007 at 06:54pm
Gerard Way.
He's been our hero for so long.
He's given us hope, inspired us to be the best we can be and saved us from a vortex of everlasting agony and despair.
In other words, he's a person, who made himself extraordinary by reaching out to millions of people and changing their whole lives.

And he's been there for us, when we needed him he most.

When they laughed at us, he gave us his hand.
When they pushed us to the ground, he told us to stand up fucking tall.
When they targeted you, he told them to fire at will.
When they rejected you, he told you not to be afraid of walking alone.
When they taunted you, he told you that he wasn't okay either.

So why, when Gerard needs us the most, do all of us turn our backs on him?
Why have we automatically assumed that the band is breaking up because of one unjustified incident ?

Gerard marches in The Black Parade, and he wants you to march with him.

"Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel as if i'm not going through this alone"

But whats the point, if we're all abandoning the one man, who told us it was okay to be messed up, it was okay to be ourselves & that they should NEVER take us alive.

He's been our hero, he's been our savior & he's been the reason why we woke up that one morning...

It's time to invite Gerard into our lives again. Even if he never left, hold onto him stronger than ever before. Because he needs us. And we need him.
To all those people talking shit about your Hickey Gerard,GO YOU! I hope you are getting some good "sexy time" and lots and lots of hickeys! Just stay happy!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 07:16pm
Raven, that was absolutely beautiful. Keep this going, Guys, keep this going!

Anyone have anything to say to any of the other bandmembers? I do

Ray: I think you are possibly the purest, sweetest person I have ever known of. I admire your dedication, your talent, your easygoingness. I think Christa is absolutely adorable and you look so cute together. I'll support any films you direct; just tell us where and when! I'm sorry so much of the fandom forgets you exist Sad And that goes double for...

Bob: I admit that I was not following the band before your arrival, so I don't know what the vibe was like before you got there, but it is clear that you are so beloved by them and I think you're one of the coolest, funniest, most talented dudes out there right now. You complete MCR, thank you.

Mikey: I miss you terribly. I hope you are having an amazing break - we all get so worried about you, I don't know why. Maybe you've become like our little brother, too (at least for us older folks.) It was nice to know you were there at my show (Jones Beach) with your Mommy and Alicia. You have ALOT of animals LOL If you decided not to return to the band, I'd have to understand, but right now, Gerard is saying you will and I believe Gerard.

Frank: Oh Frank, there's not enough I can say about you. Your energy, your humour, your unfailing dedication to the fans - virtually having to be dragged away from impromptu signings by Worm LOL I seriously think you keep Gerard happy up there, you're such a good friend. I will totally turn out to see Leathermouth when you guys go on break and when Christmas rolls around, my friends will be getting some stuff from Skeleton Crew, because I support my band AND all their side projects. Good luck with the wedding, maybe slip us a picture?

Love you guys, Deb
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 26th, 2007 at 07:16pm
NUTS, my first attempt got deleted, so I'll type it in word and copy paste. Mad

OK, excellent idea! I must add my two cents now, just in case this should ever fall into the hands of the band.

What does My Chemical Romance mean to you personally?

This could be lengthy boys. Smile

OK, what have you meant? For a number of years now, you've meant everything. My Chemical Romance is the first band that I have ever loved. I was never a big music person until I heard you, but you single handedly restored my faith in both it and in many ways, myself. My life has never been the same since I heard you. It has changed steadily for the best. When I heard your music, I was blown away. You made me feel strong again, resolute and determined. I had something to believe in, for the first time in so long, and something that I always felt I could return to no matter what happened in my life. I felt buoyed by your music. You opened my eyes to a world in which I greedily immersed myself and allowed myself to find bands and music that have since become an integral part of my life. You brought me into a crowd of people that I empathised with, people I felt understood and accepted me, while ever giving me the focus and drive to defy convention and become the person I've always wanted to be. I have made some of the best friends of my life through you. I've become part of an unstoppable force that, with your music behind us, will never leave your side. Defiant to the end, we hear the call and we will never stop cheering you on. You've made me laugh, made me cry, made me worry, made me smile, while always leaving me feeling warm and content. When I saw you live for the first time I was standing beside my best friend and I burst into tears - the greatest night of my life, because all the emotion you've evoked in me that has longed to break loose rose to the surface at once. You are the band that gave me a reason to believe and, no matter what, I always will.

I want to say something to Gerard personally as well. I admit that at first, I was drawn to you because of your good looks and charming smile, but in the intervening years you've become so much more to me. You've become a hero. I've watched you ascend the ranks of musical glory, defeating your demons and triumphing against adversity to achieve a lifelong dream. Your touching and heartfelt words and honesty have taught me many valuable lessons and reminded me of some home truths when I needed them. You've picked me up when I've been down and kept me focused through some horrific, crippling moments. You've become a beacon for anyone who has ever suffered, an inspirational symbol that they can make their dreams come true. And no matter what or how much shit is thrown at you, I will always look up to and admire you, because you've never done anything other than make me proud to be a My Chemical Romance fan.

You boys have shaped and created a musical force to be reckoned with, affected and changed so many lives, and given us so much to cheer for and believe in. I want you more than anything to be proud of yourselves and know how much good you've done. Your message has never and will never fall on deaf ears, and if ever those bright lights start to truly blind you, just think of the lonely youth in the dark corner, who is reminded why they must keep on living, why they must believe, every time they hear your songs.

Feel the romance. Keep the faith. "Hell yeah, Chemical."

-Grace D. in Ireland.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 26th, 2007 at 07:18pm
Cheerful Cynic:
Gerard Way.
He's given us hope, inspired us to be the best we can be and saved us from a vortex of everlasting agony and despair.
In other words, he's a person, who made himself extraordinary by reaching out to millions of people and changing their whole lives.

Why have we automatically assumed that the band is breaking up because of one unjustified incident ?

"Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel as if i'm not going through this alone"

But whats the point, if we're all abandoning the one man, who told us it was okay to be messed up, it was okay to be ourselves & that they should NEVER take us alive.

He's been our hero, he's been our savior & he's been the reason why we woke up that one morning...

It's time to invite Gerard into our lives again. Even if he never left, hold onto him stronger than ever before. Because he needs us. And we need him.
To all those people talking shit about your Hickey Gerard,GO YOU! I hope you are getting some good "sexy time" and lots and lots of hickeys! Just stay happy!

Clap Perfect. Everything I wanted to say to him and screwed up.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
August 26th, 2007 at 07:24pm
Cheerful Cynic:
Gerard Way.

That all the thing, the true fans stand for. Well done!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 07:24pm
Oh Grace that was an amazing, amazing post. Oh you guys are making me so proud. Keep posting everyone, please! Don't let the thread get bumped!
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 26th, 2007 at 07:27pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
Oh Grace that was an amazing, amazing post. Oh you guys are making me so proud. Keep posting everyone, please! Don't let the thread get bumped!

Thanks Smile

I'm working on something to the other guys so I'll be posting again. Very Happy
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 08:03pm
Bum bum bummmmmmmmmmmmp
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
August 26th, 2007 at 08:15pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
Anyone have anything to say to any of the other bandmembers?

Yes, actually now that you mention it. I want to thank Ray, Frank, Bob and Mikey for being such amazing true hardcore friends because they alone must personally know the shit Gerard goes through and all the pressure and all the struggles and they've never left his side. They've stood by him (and each other) through all the tough times, forming ranks and keeping the band together even when it seems like everything is falling apart. It takes a lot of courage and love to stand by your bandmates through thick and thin, through sickness and health, through marriages, ex-girlfriends, drugs, depression and alcohol. It takes incredible strength to walk out onto the stage each night and give the fans a kick ass performance, no matter how fucked up things may be on the other side of the curtain. So guys, for all of these reasons, I salute you.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
August 26th, 2007 at 08:21pm
Cheerful Cynic:
Gerard Way.

Amazing. I don't think I could have put it nearly that well.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
August 26th, 2007 at 08:22pm
I'm with you guys till the end.
MCR has saved my life and mean the world to me
Very HappyThanks Deb for creating this thread!! Clap:
Shatterwall
Motor Baby
Shatterwall
August 26th, 2007 at 08:28pm
Well, if they're reading this:

I want to thank Frank for being amazing. If only everyone could have a bit more Frank in them (ahem, Gerard/Frerard), the world would be a better place.

Thanks also to Ray and his Fro, for always reminding me that when my hair goes all frizzy, its never that frizzy.

And thank you for the song "Famous Last Words".
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 26th, 2007 at 09:17pm
Cheerful Cynic - that was awesome!! and so was yours, keve'sLadyof Sorrows.
i totally agree with all of it, but id never be able to write something as good as that. still, thats just how i feel about mcr too.
Buckets
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Buckets
August 26th, 2007 at 09:44pm
Wow. That's all I can really say.

Thank you so much, guys.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 26th, 2007 at 11:38pm
OMG even Shatter posted! Thank you so much, you guys. And don't worry if you don't feel your comment is as "well written" as someone else's; post it anyhow! Even if it's a simple "Hey you know what? Thanks Guys" They need the support, and even if they never see this, it's helping our morale immensely I think.

Keep this going alright?
essicaJay
Killjoy
essicaJay
August 26th, 2007 at 11:41pm
Its About [[freaking]] Time Someone said this!TY!
unsafekeeping
Killjoy
unsafekeeping
August 26th, 2007 at 11:46pm
Thank you so much for saying those things. It's excactly how i feel. We have to stay true and shine through all the superficial bullshit that "everyone" seems so into.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 27th, 2007 at 12:56am
What I should have thanked them the most for was bringing me to the fabulous realm of ImNotOkay.net. This is the best board on the web, and I love everyone here to bits, it's ridiculous.

Soppy much? Laughing

hug <--- to everyone

I'll post a little message to Frankie, Ray, Bob, and Mikey tomorrow. Very Happy
vichy
Jazz Hands
vichy
August 27th, 2007 at 01:16am
This thread is amazing!
it makes me feel warm and fuzzy Smile
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 27th, 2007 at 01:34am
vichy:
This thread is amazing! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy Smile
Me too prairie dog It has completely restored my faith in INO.