Don't have an account? Create one!

Phobias?

AuthorMessage
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 9th, 2008 at 04:21am
old people scare me too. not like that, but like, it makes me sad. i see them, and it just makes me sad to think that they have dementia or are sick. (like, when i see them in hopspital or something like that).
and then it makes me worry bout when i get old. and then i think about death. and death is a huge fear of mine. so it really really sucks...
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
May 9th, 2008 at 07:35am
I'm deathly afraid of wasps and it can get really out of hand. I've ran into traffic before because I thought one was chasing me. I literally break into tears if there's no way I can get away from the insect. I'm also really afraid of saliva. Don't ask me why, I just can't stand it at all. If I hear someone behind me smacking their gum around in their mouth, I have to move. If someone spits on the sidewalk, I walk away as fast as I can.
I have the whole fear of death, the dark, heights, and spiders but none of those are as nearly extereme as the above mentioned.
mika_ap
Killjoy
mika_ap
May 12th, 2008 at 10:01am
hey, i used to be so afraid of heights and extreme speed. but then my friend forced me to ride a rollercoaster and i totally got over that fear. it's strange how easy it was. i hope this gives you give you hope.
Richelle-the-Ripper;
Joining The Black Parade
Richelle-the-Ripper;
May 14th, 2008 at 08:09am
i can't stand it when people touch my wrists.
i don't know why, but i just cant.
and i cant watch ppl do it either.

but im giving myself therapy,haha.
guran!
Shotgun Sinner
guran!
May 14th, 2008 at 07:09pm
I'm really afraid of balloons.
I start sahking around them and just. >.<
I fainted once when I heard a balloon pop. D:

it's just really. really frightening.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 15th, 2008 at 10:34pm
i'm totally scared of:
-heights
-dogs
-needles
-major wounds
-creepy crawling things, especially tarantulas
-snakes
-sharks
-jellyfish

i wanna overcome my fear from heights...huhuhuhu
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
May 18th, 2008 at 02:55pm
I have 4 fears.
-Spiders
-Lakes or Oceans
-Tornado's
-Claustrophobia
and the worst one is
-Hospitals

When I went to the MCR concert I passed out in the mosh and hit my head on something or someone and I was taken off to med. I really didn't know what they were doing to me because I was only half conscious but the second I saw the paramedics and that stupid cot thing I screamed. They held me down and asked me all these questions and I started to have a panic attack. Then they told me they were going to take me to the hospital. I started screaming and crying and wouldn't let them put the neck brace on me or anything. They put me on one of those things that look like surf boards and I screamed and cried so much i passed out. I woke up in the hospital and jumped out of the bed, pushed a few nurses and ran outside. It was like four in the morning now or something (the concert ended at nine or ten) and some people followed me and shit but I just collapsed in the parking lot screaming and crying some more. They had already done most of what they wanted to do to me so my mom just took me home. Ever since then I've been having nightmares about hospitals so I don't sleep and I have regular panic attacks. Just typing this is freaking me out, but i need to get over it. Anyone have any ideas about how to help me get over this? (besides MCR because thats my temporary cure that is the only thing that ever works...but not usually for more then an hour or two at a time)
imogen
Jazz Hands
imogen
May 19th, 2008 at 01:48am
sodapop.:
I am absolutely positively terrified of Ketchup.
I won't even open the fridge if I know there's a bottle of it in there.
and if any gets close to me I start to hyperventilate.
Lunch at school is absolutely terrible

I can't believe someone has the same phobia as me! I cry if it gets on me, I won't wash the dishes if there is even one plate with ketchup on it. And if I see it smeared on a table or someone's face, I get absolutely ILL! Crying or Very sad

I want to get over this though, because my head tells me, "Stupid, it's just a condiment! Squishy tomatoes!" but I can't help the scary feeling I get.
yellow
Joining The Black Parade
yellow
May 20th, 2008 at 07:00am
technically its not a phobia but i get really horrible anxiety attacks,when I'm having them i get so frightened and a lot of the time i see no way out,i feel really low and depressed when its all happening and I've been having them daily as of late which really isn't helping the situation.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 20th, 2008 at 07:44am
I thought I'd pose some discussion questions, since people seem to just be stating their phobias.

- Do you think it is normal to not have phobias?
- How do you think severe or strange phobias are formed?

SoWhyDontYouBlowMe
Killjoy
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe
May 20th, 2008 at 10:30pm
I think its normal to have phobias. Like, even if its just little or if it is extreme, everybody has that one thing. My phobia of spiders, like its not like a 'oh ew' its like a 'GET IT THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME* curled up in ball in a corner of a room on the other side of the house* kindof phobia. And from expereience with trying to overcome mine it goes back to being a little kid. I think alot of phobia's are formed by an experience we've had that has just made us fear it you know. We can't really say we are afraid of anything unless we have a reason to be and to have a reason there has to be one time or another that we've encountered something related to it you know. I think thats where it all routs from. It seems most are common from things that've happend when you were a child.
But thats just what I think so, I don't know.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 21st, 2008 at 02:03am
^ i dont think thats true though, about you cant say your afraid of something unless you have a reason.
i am absolutely terrified of flowers, and my parents and i have absolutely no clue why or where it came from. but i cannot go near flowers, i cannot touch them and my aunt puts petals in salads... i cannot sit at the table if people are eating that. i dont know why, but im terrified...
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 23rd, 2008 at 09:46am
How do you think severe or strange phobias are formed?

I would have assumed that it was a result of a traumatic experience involving what ever it is you are terrified of. I can't do lifts, like, I can't go near them, and I understand that, because I got stuck in one once, so that fits my theory, but I also get really sweaty hands just thinking about the tube. I've never got stuck in a tube. I'm not scared of dying, so it can't be because I'm scared of being blown up. I think it might be a fear of not being able to get out, which would make sense with the traumatic experience theory, but it wouldn't explain amyy.vengeance's flower issue. Perhaps it is from a dream. I know its sounds ridiculous, but it would explain why no one knows. If you have a dream in which flowers did something, then when you woke up, it would get buried in the back of your subconscious, and you wouldn't necessarily remember the dream, you'd just be scared of flowers.

I know it's not relevant, but can I ask why your aunt puts petals in salads?
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 23rd, 2008 at 06:24pm
^ lol. i dunno. im not sure what flower it is, but i know its orange. she grows them and cleans them and all that, and uses them in salads.
and thats a good thought, bout the dream. id never thought of that before. it is a possibility though.
Bellacide
Awake and Unafraid
Bellacide
May 23rd, 2008 at 10:54pm
Like Beeblerox said on the first page, I cannot stand Moths and Butterflies.
They're just so... ugh.
It's really bad, I can hardly look at one, and I screamed all the way home once because a tan butterfly was on our windshield, and it wouldn't fly away. I refused to get out, it was staring right at me. D:

But the really weird part is, that I don't mind yellow/white/blue butterflies and small moths. But black and monarch butterflies are freaky.

Sometimes I wonder if people say the have a fear of "___" because so many other people have expressed fear of it, so they have somehow developed a fear of it too.
and i think that even if phobias/fears get in the way of our lives, it goes to show that we are indeed human.
SodaPop Curtis
Killjoy
SodaPop Curtis
May 28th, 2008 at 11:20am
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe:
I think its normal to have phobias. Like, even if its just little or if it is extreme, everybody has that one thing. My phobia of spiders, like its not like a 'oh ew' its like a 'GET IT THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME* curled up in ball in a corner of a room on the other side of the house* kindof phobia. And from expereience with trying to overcome mine it goes back to being a little kid. I think alot of phobia's are formed by an experience we've had that has just made us fear it you know. We can't really say we are afraid of anything unless we have a reason to be and to have a reason there has to be one time or another that we've encountered something related to it you know. I think thats where it all routs from. It seems most are common from things that've happend when you were a child.
But thats just what I think so, I don't know.

I have that same problem.... Crying or Very sad
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
May 30th, 2008 at 10:35pm
My fear is that sound that comes on tv when there's an emegency or something. You know, when the tv pauses for a second, then the screen turns black and some words say stuff like "This is just a test." and some voice explains what's happening. It scares me so much I start covering my ears and screaming.
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
May 30th, 2008 at 10:51pm
I haven't left my apartment in three weeks... last time I did I had a panic attack.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
May 31st, 2008 at 07:36am
How do you think severe or strange phobias are formed?

I know that one of my severe phobia's came from watching a horror movie to early in my life. I can't go camping or anything unless its away from trees, because foresty areas at night affect me badly... I'll hyperventilate and cry and panic and scream all because this one horror film everyone got killed in the forest.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 31st, 2008 at 08:58am
I don't really know what my phobia is, I get a lil freaked out by spiders or bees, but it's not really a phobia.
And I also love rollercoasters so I'm not afraid of heights.