Don't have an account? Create one!

Phobias?

AuthorMessage
Skippy.
Always Born a Crime
Skippy.
March 17th, 2008 at 01:32am
Some people have such silly phobias, XD.
I used to be afraid of toasters.
DisenchantedGirl
Killjoy
DisenchantedGirl
March 18th, 2008 at 02:35am
I'm absolutely terrified of fire. And hot things. I don't go withing fifteen feet of a blowdryer. I've not always had this fear. But when I was seven, my kitchen caught fire. I guess I never thought of it much after everyone was safe, and out kitchen was overhauled, but in the last year, I was at a bonfire. I was roasting a hotdog. I pulled it from the fire, and a little bit of grease dripped off of it, and onto my wrist. In hurt like hell. But the pain wasn't my real problem. All of a sudden, I had a familiar feeling of sheer terror, and images flashing through my brain of the smoke filling my house, and my dad five inches away from the fire itself, and the glow from the window that I saw from outside after I ran like hell from my house. I guess that brought out this fear. Now my brother teases me beacause of it, and he hold lighters up to my face to scare me. It isn't fucking funny.
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
March 21st, 2008 at 06:41pm
i used to b afraid of tornados and hieghts..now i got over those.....i luv the rain&windy weather
and i <3 roaler coasters....
now im just unnaturally paraniod.....
ragdollx.x
Killjoy
ragdollx.x
March 21st, 2008 at 10:07pm
i have a fear of spiders, but i have a phobia of failure. I can't deal with knowing that i could have done better. It kills me every time something like that happens.
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
March 21st, 2008 at 11:35pm
saints and sailors.:
Some people have such silly phobias, XD.
I used to be afraid of toasters.

is it rude to ask why?
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
March 23rd, 2008 at 06:24pm
Phobias can very easily get out of hand, and the worst thing about them is that, while you know that they're irrational, you just can't get rid of them. When it's at the point where they affect your day-to-day life, you should get professional help.

Sharks has probably been my biggest phobia, but I've learned to manage that pretty well, at this point. I still get really paranoid that I'll cut myself on something while I'm in the ocean and start bleeding or something, but most of the time I can swim in the ocean without freaking out. I also used to be extremely scared that someone would break into my house and kill me at night, but I've gotten over that pretty well too. More recently, after watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", I became petrified that I would be possessed by demons, and that still freaks me the fuck out sometimes. By and large, I've managed to get over a lot of phobias, though, and it's definitely possible.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 08:25pm
Well, I don't actually have a full-fledged phobia, but I do have fears. I have a lot of them, so I'll pick just one. I despise hands, they're my worst enemy. I can't stand to look at anyone's hands, or have them anywhere near me. Especially if they have ugly hands (chews on their fingernails, stubby fingers, etc) Hands are some of the most unsanitary things in the world, and for them to spread those germs to me, it grosses me out so much. It sounds like a very unreasonable fear, seeing as everyone has a set of hands and they touch absolutely everything, but carrying around several bottles of Germ-x kind of stables it. I use it every second of the day, and none of that fruity Victoria Secret nonsense for me which really only makes it worse. I guess that's also symptoms of a germophobe.....
we are broken.
Salute You in Your Grave
we are broken.
March 30th, 2008 at 06:02pm
people touching me i hate it. people think im wierd but im afraid of physical contact
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
March 31st, 2008 at 01:47pm
I HAVE A FEAR OF ROACHES (THE BIG ONES), I CANT EVEN GO NEAR A DEAD ONE WITHOUT FREAKING OUT A LITTLE, I CANT SEEM TO OVERCOME THIS PHOBIA, I USED TO BE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS BUT I CONQUERED THAT BY BUNGY JUMPING. THERE IS NO MEDS FOR PHOBIAS, BUT OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER OR OCD IS TREATABLE
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 12th, 2008 at 06:58am
I have a deathly fear of Clowns, none of my friends understand and one chased me around with a clown doll in their bedroom. It got to the point where I was about to rip her MCR poster into a million pieces unless she got rid of it. Also in Dreamworld a senior opti-mind friend/aquaitence (sp) held me in a bear hug and pulled me near a fake clown on a bench. It was so bad I was in tears and screaming and pounding him trying to get away.

In drama this term we were doing clowning and I failed... I couldn't even watch people perform even though they were my friends. the sight of the clowns (even just the noses) cause me to have a panic attack...

I think I have a fear of them because I dream in black and white except for clown's noses which a bright red and it terrifies me
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
April 12th, 2008 at 03:05pm
I do not have any phobias that I know of.
I mean when someone sneezes, and they get the germs in their hands, I quickly give them a tissue and pour hand sanitizer in their hand, and then on my hands. I've also thought about wearing latex gloves when I go to school, to protect myself from people's germs, and for me not to spread germs.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 12th, 2008 at 09:43pm
^ sounds a little bit like ocd...
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
April 13th, 2008 at 10:58am
I am deathly afraid of butterflies, needles and glass elevators.

>____>

and many other things.

phobias are just in our minds.
some people may have irrational fears of something really stupid, but that's because they probably had a REALLY bad experience with that certain thing.

rofl, I hope everyone overcomes their phobias one day.
:3
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 16th, 2008 at 06:21am

Guys, can I point out something?

Saying something like "I have a phobia of spiders. I hate them, I get so scared when they are in my room" is not a phobia. It is a fear. A phobia would be something like you cannot stand the sight of them. A picure, a plastic spider, anything.
If you cannot stand spiders then ask yourself, fear or phobia?

Fear: A dog snarling at you completely scares you.
Phobie : The sight of a dog is enough to make you want to run for the hills.

BIIIIIG difference. Wink

edit: And Im not saying this to anyone in particular D:
I just thought I would say it to clarify.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 16th, 2008 at 06:40am
^ yep. thats very true.
like. im scared of snakes and spiders and all that.
but i have a phobia of flowers. deathly afraid. kinda silly, i know. but its true. i remember my 'friends' would chase me with them. horrible...
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 16th, 2008 at 06:43am

^^
That's quite unusual, if you don't mind me asking, what is it about them that scares you?
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 16th, 2008 at 07:08am
I think I have a fear of dying.

Like, it's incredibly easy to die. You could eat a bad twinkie bar, or get into a car accident, or robbers could stab you and steal your money on the street. A flaming toilet seat could fall from the ceiling, and I'd never know what hit me.

It's so easy to die. I know these things are unlikely, but having your breath taken away in one instant scares me.
TheShadowChild
Killjoy
TheShadowChild
April 16th, 2008 at 03:23pm
Not really...but I hate when people make fun of you or (call yourself a freak), because you really aren't anything but yourself. Nobody can change that and you are you, everybody is different.

Don't let yourself be your worst enemy,
Shadow
TheSharpestThings
Motor Baby
TheSharpestThings
April 17th, 2008 at 03:21pm
I'm paranoid and suffer from anxiety.

I'm afraid of heights if I know I'm not supported by something.

And yes they can become too much and get too far.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 17th, 2008 at 06:11pm
Lovesick Melody.:

^^
That's quite unusual, if you don't mind me asking, what is it about them that scares you?

i know right? lol.
im not to sure. ever since i was little ive been so scared of flowers. i honestly have no idea where it came from. i can look at them, but i cant touch them. if someone is holding flowers and walking towards me, i freak and run off. but if they are somewhere wehere i know they wont touch me, ill be ok. lol. it is very strange, i agree.
theres a fear called 'floraphobia' which is the fear of plants. my fear is a branch of that (no pun intended, lol) but i dont know the name. its mainly the petals i dont like Disgust