Phobias?

AuthorMessage
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
September 7th, 2008 at 01:06am
Scarlett O'Hara.:
SisterOfTheRose:
I thought I was just a weird! When I was little I was afraid of unfamiliar toilets and when we went on holiday I could hold it for days before I'd finally use one. Then once we were in an airport somewhere in Asia and they only had one which wasn't a hole in the ground but when I sat on it, it flushed automatically and I got the fright of my life.

Haha, I've never heard of anyone else being afraid of toilets either! I don't know how mine started, but I had to have my mom come in the bathroom with me and keep the toilet from flushind because I was so afraid that they'd flush on me. But I eventually overcame it somehow, which is a good thing because the toilets at my highschool are all electric! XD

sorry for the double quote. i also fear toilets. i won't go alone into a public restroom. i freaked in a coldstones restroom once. scariest toilet ever.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:45pm
I would have to say so! I have a phobia of needles, and I really think it's getting crazy! I make up excuses not to go to the doctor, and one time, I fainted while visting my friend in the hospital!
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 20th, 2008 at 03:57pm
I have a phobia of needles (don't ask long story). My friend thinks its funny so she always pokes me and says acurpuncture and needle related things that give me goosebumps shivers and stuff. I used to have a fear of knives badly too but im sorta over that phobia and I had a phobia of scissors which i have got over this summer. I feared ALL sharpe obects for a period in my life. (again do not ask)
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
September 23rd, 2008 at 07:15am

i have fear of roaches.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 23rd, 2008 at 04:41pm
Guys, this thread isnt really for posting what phobias you have, its for a discussion on the topic of phobias.

Please keep that in mind and reread the rules. Thanks.
jnjgyd9o
Really Not Okay
jnjgyd9o
September 24th, 2008 at 07:41pm
so i'm scared of being sick

D:

i'm going for hypnotherapy next week for it
it keeps me up at night and i've stopped eating and i'm rapidly losing weight
i have been suicidal over it before like it;s really taken hold of me.
i fear going out sometimes incase i get a bug that will make me sick
if someone i know is sick i stay away from them.
the past few days have been hell.
i've done nothing but cry and i've tried every pill there is.
so hypnotherapy is my only option.
if it doesn;t work then im fucked for the rest of my life

it might sound totally pathetic to some people but try being me :]
xXHollyHomecideXx
Killjoy
xXHollyHomecideXx
September 25th, 2008 at 02:24am
fields, they're so big, and green, and empty, and when i was younger i used to have a spoon phobia, but im over that now
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
September 25th, 2008 at 06:18am
im absolutely terrified of clowns and balconies, phobias can definately take over your life, i half to walk next to te wall in shopping centres, so as not to be enar blaconies, its affected me heaps...i was even wondering if thats ann odd fear to have cause im not afraid of other heights, just blaconies..
HintFEAR08
Killjoy
HintFEAR08
October 16th, 2008 at 04:26pm
[quote="Patrick Martin Stump"]I've suffered from emetophobia for pretty much all my life. I'm being treated for it, but I still feel like I'm kind of...a freak. I'm becoming really obsessive with washing my hands and shit like that. I just want to know, has anyone else been through something like this? Has anyone here got a fear of something that they just find overwhelming?

For those peeps that don't know what emetophobia is, here's a link: http://www.emetonline.co.uk/aboutemet/index.asp[/quote

I've had that too. But what makes us do it? Are we just trying to be clean? What are the reason you guys do it?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
October 17th, 2008 at 08:42pm
Ya know what's ironic? Phobias like Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - fear of long words or aibohphobia - fear of palindromes.
lacey;;
Always Born a Crime
lacey;;
November 3rd, 2008 at 07:12pm
i have agoraphobia (fear of public crowds and only thinks that home is the safe zone) and claustrophobia (closed spaces...not Santa Claus damn it!)

also, roaches...
MCRForeverAndEver
Killjoy
MCRForeverAndEver
November 10th, 2008 at 12:08pm
I have aracknphobia, (I think thats how you spell it anyway), which is fear of spiders, and I have needle phobia, but I cant remember the prper word for it. I have a panick attack , and shake uncontrolably and cry hysterically when I come into contact with any of these thing,

when I was at the dentist, I HAD to have an injection, there was no avoiding it. I put on an mcr song, and somehow it took the fear away. Gerards voice was so soothing, it took away my fear.
inactive.
Jazz Hands
inactive.
November 10th, 2008 at 09:52pm
Phobias can definitely get out of hand easily. I mean, I have a rediculous phobia of the vascular system. It's gotten so ridiculous over the recent years that I physically hurt (amoung other symptoms) when people talk about veins and getting blood drawn etc. It's just crazy because it's a totally irrational fear...
CallieHeartsYewx3
Killjoy
CallieHeartsYewx3
November 10th, 2008 at 11:08pm
I have a huge phobia of needles, sharks, open empty places, the sea/ocean, and bees. O.o
Patrick Martin Stump
Motor Baby
Patrick Martin Stump
November 27th, 2008 at 09:50am
Texas Is South;:
so i'm scared of being sick

D:

i'm going for hypnotherapy next week for it
it keeps me up at night and i've stopped eating and i'm rapidly losing weight
i have been suicidal over it before like it;s really taken hold of me.
i fear going out sometimes incase i get a bug that will make me sick
if someone i know is sick i stay away from them.
the past few days have been hell.
i've done nothing but cry and i've tried every pill there is.
so hypnotherapy is my only option.
if it doesn;t work then im fucked for the rest of my life

it might sound totally pathetic to some people but try being me :]

It's horrible, isn't it?
But then again, so is every other fear.

Few weeks back I had to go to a hospital to visit my friend and I used a tissue to open every door I came across and I held my breath in the ward she was in. Even though I know most sick virus things aren't even airbourne.

Sad
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
November 30th, 2008 at 08:51am
I have a phobia of death, and a phobia of 1012.
I just woke up from a nightmare about it.

Phobias sometimes are things we can't lie without. It sucks having them, though.
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
November 30th, 2008 at 11:06pm
I used to have a 'phobia' of needles/blood, then I became diabetic. For the first year, my life was a living hell, then, I just made up my mind not to be scared.
I think some phobias ARE medical conditions and need treatment, but other people that claim to have 'phobias' are really not medically ill in any way. Just because you're afraid of/don't like spiders doesn't mean you have arachnaphobia, it just means you dislike spiders. [And not many people LIKE spiders...] So I think people claiming to have 'phobias' sometimes get out of hand. I'm not directing this at anyone, or claiming that any of your phobias that you've described are 'fake', I'm merely stating that you should think twice before claming you have any type of phobia because a lot of times it's just a fear or worry or dislike. [Similar to what I described at the top.]
Ronnie Radke
Killjoy
Ronnie Radke
December 20th, 2008 at 09:50pm
oh when i was little, i had a phobia of the sun. it lasted until i was about 11.
it was crazy. i remember until i started 6th grade, i would just sit in my room. blinds closed. it was very dark in there, and i'd just draw, read do whatever. but if i left my rooom, my mom would have to make sure there was no sun anywhere before i came out. this was also unfortunate, because i had a fear of the darkness,but the thought about sunlight scared the shit out of me. i'd have a panic attack, then start crying.
i was home schooled. then my parents decided i needed to get out and meet new people.
so, the first day of sixth grade, they made me go school. i wore jackets, ski masks, gloves, anything to keep the sun off of me. but when i was at recess, i got really really hot. but the sun was out, i couldn't take my stuff off. so i passed out from over-heating (thats what they said, at least). the next day, they made me go outside, without my winter clothes on. and i freaked out. I began crying at first. then screaming, then i had a panic attack. i stayed inside at recess. but then we had a fire drill. that wash hell. they were mandatory. when i walked out, everyone just stopped and stared. im guessing because they knew i never went out and also, i was the color white. no lie. but i kept calm. i told myself over and over that it was just like a big flashlight (haha). and that day helped me get over my phobia. i began going outside, and 2 years later, i can actually spend 6-9 hours outside. sorry that was long, ive never really told anyone my story.
anyways, yeah. i think theres a distinction between fears and phobias. but a very small distinction. but still one. im not sure if what i had is a fear or phobia. alls i know is it happened, and it was hell. and im still incredibly white.
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
December 21st, 2008 at 11:37am
I have this insanely ridiculous phobia of being tickled to death. I am horribly ticklish. Even the slightest brush will make me yell out. And once, my friends thought it would be funny to try it out. I ended up having a panic attack. Didn't do too well for my asthma either. They never did anything like that again.

Phobias are sometimes hard to control, like my friend who has aphephobia. She refuses to touch anyone, not even her parents or her sister. We were in school one day, and some guy just grabbed her arm; she screamed like mad and started crying before she fainted. The doctors said she had a mild heart attack. Just goes to show that some phobias can be really dangerous, and can get out of hand very easily.
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 21st, 2008 at 01:00pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
Guys, this thread isnt really for posting what phobias you have, its for a discussion on the topic of phobias.

Please keep that in mind and reread the rules. Thanks.

I think your posts have turned invisible Confused