Don't have an account? Create one!

Phobias?

AuthorMessage
iPod junkie
Killjoy
iPod junkie
January 31st, 2008 at 07:32pm
I think that there is something everyone is terrified of. I'm not talking about Knott's scary farm, or stuff like that, but I'm talking about a real fear. I am terrified of mirrors, windows and cold air all because of a stupid ghost story my friend told me. It's definitely difficult to live with a fear of something, but its possible.
looserkid._.p
Joining The Black Parade
looserkid._.p
February 1st, 2008 at 06:40am
is there actually a phobia that is having fear on sunlight ?? ..
or am i just gay ?? ..
goodbye blue sky
Always Born a Crime
goodbye blue sky
February 1st, 2008 at 08:39am
Snakes... I just have no idea why I am so afraid of them.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
February 3rd, 2008 at 01:26pm
My friend told me he had a phobia of small spaces. i put my hands in a pararelll (however u spell it) position and there was a small space between. He freaked. I think he was just tryin to act stupid, but it did get annoying.
AnKoR.1.08
Killjoy
AnKoR.1.08
February 8th, 2008 at 11:52am
i am deathly afraid of snakes. I actually start ripping the hair out of the back of my head and screaming and crying when I see one(yes, even a little grass snake). but I know why I am afraid... I actually remember the instant this started. if any of you have been to the Dallas Zoo, you know about the python. when I was 6 I had my back to the cage that he is in. I turned around to look at him, before this I had looked at him as a friend. Well, he was right there face to face with me, we were looking in each other's eyes. This look in his eyes like "I will eat you" and he acually was trying to push through the glass to get to me. ever since then I have been soooo scared.

I am also afraid of the dark and bathrooms... well showers and bath tubs actually... That's a story I may get edited for telling though. :O
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
February 8th, 2008 at 08:32pm
I have a fear (I dunno if there's an actual phobia for it) of hanging my feet off the bed. Laugh and criticize all you want, but I truly, emotionally can't take it. I'm completely serious.
freak_boi
Killjoy
freak_boi
February 8th, 2008 at 09:09pm
Ugh god i hate fish, i know sounds funny but their discusting lol.
They smell!
And bloody clowns...which cruel, sadastic, twisted little person came up with that? .... -shudder-
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
February 8th, 2008 at 09:30pm
well they can get out of control, i wouldn't say out of hand - some people just can't help their phobias. but this is what i call out of control.

my music teacher's wife is deathly, deathly terrified of spiders. one day they were driving (she was the one driving) and she saw a spider in the car, freaked out, almost passed out, but they got into an accident. that is dangerous.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
February 10th, 2008 at 02:46am
I am claustrophobic. Bad experience with a closet. O_O

I'm also entomophobic. I CANNOT stand anything that has to do with bugs. Call me squeamish, but it's really just disgusting to me.
Cyanide Romance
Killjoy
Cyanide Romance
February 13th, 2008 at 01:25pm
ok, well, my arachnophobia( fear of arachnids) is pretty bad, i mean, if i see a spider smaller than my finger nail, i start to freak out. i dont know how to get over it, does anyone have any suggestions??? Embarassed
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
February 19th, 2008 at 01:54pm
I used to be really trypanophobic (afraid of needles), but I got over that.
I also used to be really ligyrophobic (afraid of loud noises) and I've partly gotten over that.
My worst fear, though, is cnidophobia (fear of animals that sting, or being stung), and I hate scorpions with a passion. I don't mind bees really, but I can't stand being in a room with a wasp.
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 19th, 2008 at 05:23pm
I am terrified of bees and heights. Im the only 1 of my friends that are scared of these things..I feel lonely.
Miss Nimrod
Jazz Hands
Miss Nimrod
February 20th, 2008 at 12:07pm
Collision Kiss:
I have a fear of thin or not 100%-secure surfaces that they put over unmended manholes & stuff. (planks, metal sheets etc) or even the grills they put over drains. even if the drain is tiny I still hv to avoid it.

Same here =S
And also escalators...eeeevil.
Makes airports great fuun *sarcasm*

Although two of my best friends have worse phobias. One is scared of fruit. And the other is scared of baked beans.
The fruit one is because she doesnt like the textures. And baked beans...well even he's not sure why! xoxo
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
February 22nd, 2008 at 08:33pm
I used to be afraid of heights but now i'm not.

I'm phgonophobic. I'm afraid of beards. I know that sounds weird but its true. Most phobias start from something that might of happened in the past. In other cases, you're just afraid for some reason.
IronMan
Killjoy
IronMan
February 22nd, 2008 at 09:05pm
Raytarded!:
I've suffered from emetophobia for pretty much all my life. I'm being treated for it, but I still feel like I'm kind of...a freak. I'm becoming really obsessive with washing my hands and shit like that. I just want to know, has anyone else been through something like this? Has anyone here got a fear of something that they just find overwhelming?

For those peeps that don't know what emetophobia is, here's a link: http://www.emetonline.co.uk/aboutemet/index.asp

Hey I know what you're going through, I've had terrible Emetophobia for years. What sort of worked for me is learning about how the whole vomit thing in your body works, so it kind of comforts me in a way. I still have the fear, but it was reduced a great amount and doesn't interfere with my life, so I can deal with it. I had it so bad that I didn't get out of my bed for a whole summer. 2 months wasted... but ah well.

I also have terrible fears of tiny places, big open places, drowning/the ocean, the dark, mirrors at night, the night itself, spiders, heights, flying, apocalypse, and a creepy gloved hand coming out from under my bed at night and tickling my feet. That's a scary thought if you think about it.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
February 24th, 2008 at 12:09pm
Weird Fringe..:
is there actually a phobia that is having fear on sunlight ?? ..
or am i just gay ?? ..
No, there is. It's called Heliophobia- fear of sunlight; abnormal sensitivity to the effects of sunlight.
:]
Heartless Fool
Killjoy
Heartless Fool
February 24th, 2008 at 12:24pm
well.. since we're talking about phobias..
I have soo many...
but i'm deathly afraid of silk...
it's a long storyy..
but to make a long story short..
i was little and my brother wrapped me in silk..
and i almost suffocated.
and everytime i go near it.. i break down and cry.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
February 25th, 2008 at 04:36pm
i have a fear of being to yukky for people to look at and a fear of a murderer or something coming into my house. i have a fear of losing my friends. i think fear is all sorts of things, not just the ones medically labelled. i fear clowns immensley, don't know why...
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 25th, 2008 at 07:30pm
i have bad anxiety problems... so i wont go there! lol.
Don Juan Triumphant
Salute You in Your Grave
Don Juan Triumphant
February 25th, 2008 at 08:46pm
i am afraid of shower curtains. whenever i go into any bathroom, i have to look behind the shower curtain and make sure there is nothing there. whenever i am IN the shower, i have to have the curtain part way open so i can see out.

i am also afraid of windows at night. im afraid of looking out and seeing someone looking back in at me.

i am afraid of needles, too, but not that bad. i can get shots and stuff, but not in my wrist or the inside of my elbo. when i think of needles, i cross my arms and sometimes rub my wrists. i hate needles sooo bad.