Don't have an account? Create one!

Phobias?

AuthorMessage
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
July 31st, 2008 at 09:38am
I have severe padophobia (fear of feet) among others and it gets to a point where it does affect aspects of my life. You probably didn't need to know this but I can't cut my toenails, I need to get someone else to do it for me (and even then I hate it) and a friend of mine put on a pair of my shoes when I left the room to see if I would notice and I went crazy at her. Couldn't wear them for months!
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 31st, 2008 at 09:54am
SisterOfTheRose:
a friend of mine put on a pair of my shoes when I left the room to see if I would notice and I went crazy at her. Couldn't wear them for months!

So what do they call fear of other people wearing your shoes? Because I go insane too. My mom borrowed a pair of my flip flops and I soaked them in bleach, and cleaned them several times before wearing them again.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
July 31st, 2008 at 09:06pm
I have a horrible, horrible fear of needles, and I don't know what to do about it. I also have a fear of any kind of surgery or medical procedure. And I have to have my wisdom teeth pulled in a couple weeks. I just about have a panic attack just thinking about it.

I'm also terribly afraid of throwing up/getting sick. I get super nervous even when someone says that they don't feel good and I just want to get away from them. I can't be near anyone who is going to throw up, is throwing up, or threw up. And when my mom was really sick last year I had to sleep in the basement because the bathroom is right next to my room and I was freaking out because I could hear her throwing up and no matter how hard I plugged my ears, I couldn't block it out.

I also used to be afraid of electric-flushing toilets, but I overcame it...
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
August 1st, 2008 at 01:52pm
Eponine:
So what do they call fear of other people wearing your shoes? Because I go insane too. My mom borrowed a pair of my flip flops and I soaked them in bleach, and cleaned them several times before wearing them again.
meh. I'm not sure about that one. Mines' just a fear of feet in general.

I forgot to say, I'm also slightly agrophobic and can't bear to be in the room with a spider (even a small one).
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
August 1st, 2008 at 01:56pm
Scarlett O'Hara.:
I also used to be afraid of electric-flushing toilets, but I overcame it...
I thought I was just a weird! When I was little I was afraid of unfamiliar toilets and when we went on holiday I could hold it for days before I'd finally use one. Then once we were in an airport somewhere in Asia and they only had one which wasn't a hole in the ground but when I sat on it, it flushed automatically and I got the fright of my life.
mega_n
Killjoy
mega_n
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:19am
i have an EXTREME fear of needles. I fainted when somebody told me their laser eye surgery story and i also fainted when my sister got her ears peirced and i wasn't even in the room. My sister winds me up by telling the really freaky story of an injection. Whenever somebody mentions one or i see one my right upper arm aches as that was the last place i had one. don't know how i'm gunna cope at school nextyear, we have to have an injection to stop some wierd disease, but if we don't have it we get chucked out of the school. . eeeek
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 4th, 2008 at 09:55am
I think that Phobias can get out of hand. When someone's so scared of something to the point where they don't even want to leave thier house then it gone too far.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
August 4th, 2008 at 02:20pm
SisterOfTheRose:
I thought I was just a weird! When I was little I was afraid of unfamiliar toilets and when we went on holiday I could hold it for days before I'd finally use one. Then once we were in an airport somewhere in Asia and they only had one which wasn't a hole in the ground but when I sat on it, it flushed automatically and I got the fright of my life.

Haha, I've never heard of anyone else being afraid of toilets either! I don't know how mine started, but I had to have my mom come in the bathroom with me and keep the toilet from flushind because I was so afraid that they'd flush on me. But I eventually overcame it somehow, which is a good thing because the toilets at my highschool are all electric! XD
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 5th, 2008 at 07:13am
Lucario:
My fear is that sound that comes on tv when there's an emegency or something. You know, when the tv pauses for a second, then the screen turns black and some words say stuff like "This is just a test." and some voice explains what's happening. It scares me so much I start covering my ears and screaming.

Y'know, it's weird; that is one of things that actually fascinates me, but shouldn't, for no apparent reason. I don't know why, it's almost the opposite of a phobia, but something about when that happens makes me kind of interested.

Another one is seeing the result of a car crash while driving along a road. Although I'm sad to know that someone could've died or been injured, something about the wreckage of it makes me have to stare at it. I don't know why.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 5th, 2008 at 07:15am
Eponine:

I think that's more of a Hygiene OCD rather than a phobia.
Martha.Monster
Fabulous Killjoy
Martha.Monster
August 5th, 2008 at 07:30pm
ave severe Dentaphobia. It's pretty much come to the stage, where it's ruiling my life. If anyone doesn't know what it is, It's an extreme phobia of the dentist.
I hate everything associated with it. I can't stand having any type of Metal in my mouth, I hate people touching in or around my mouth in general and I have this thing where I feel like I'm basically going to stop breathing if the Dentist is like touching my mouth. it's got to the stage, where I physically cannot go to the Dentist.

Last year, I had to undergo some Major Dental work, and I basically didn't sleep for around 3 months beforehand because everynight I would think about it and Have panic attacks.
Does anyone know of any treatment or anything I could get?

I badly need the treatment doing, but I'd definatley need the treatment doing under local anesthetic. Which The NHS won't do.
Any Ideas?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 10:25pm
Ed Byrne.:

I think that's more of a Hygiene OCD rather than a phobia.

Hmmm, I don't know, it wasn't really because she has dirty feet or anything, it just freaked me out that someone else was wearing my shoes.

Something else, I still sometimes am absolutely terrified of the dark. I used to sleep with a night light on but I stopped, only now sometimes I get so scared and I feel as if someone is watching me. I am so scared I can't even move to turn the light on, I'm just literally paralyzed with fear. Thankfully it always passes and I turn the light on and then go back to sleep.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 6th, 2008 at 07:30am
I'm terrified of wasps, which unfortunatly overflows, if you like, to other flying things,(other than birds). I also panic real bad in lifts, and I find it hard to breathe when we have to go to WalMart or whereever. Yes, phobias can get in the way. I can only go shopping when we literally have run out of food, because I absolutly have to go. When we went on holiday, I had to drag my suitcase up three flights of stairs cause I couldn't go in the lift. It's almost as bad as when I have to talk to people I don't know. I sweat, I shake, I stutter, I get my american accent back. Hell, I would love to go in a lift, or wander around a supermarket looking for that bag of pizza flour, but I can't do it. I don't know what it is, but I can't. I can't breathe, my hand start sweating. If my room is changed around, I can't sleep for weeks. It's frustrating, and it's stupid.

Scarlett O'Hara.:

Haha, I've never heard of anyone else being afraid of toilets either! I don't know how mine started, but I had to have my mom come in the bathroom with me and keep the toilet from flushind because I was so afraid that they'd flush on me. But I eventually overcame it somehow, which is a good thing because the toilets at my highschool are all electric! XD
I used to be terrified of being flushed by a public toilet, so I would have to open the door, and flush with my foot. I used to get the weirdest looks from fellow toilet users. Now, I have to use the disabled loo on trains, and I can't go near the airplane toilet, which was a tad inconvinient on the flight from Newark to London... It's not to do with the flushing anymore, it's the fact that they are tiny. I can't use those self-cleaning ones either. You know, that fill with water after every second person or what ever. I don't know what that's about though! =]
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
August 11th, 2008 at 11:34am
Does anyone get a horrible feeling in their ears when they see a moth or spider that makes it hard to hear? I do and have no idea what it is. My mum says it could be a nervous reaction that comes from the fact that I panic whenever I see one.
Bad Kids
Salute You in Your Grave
Bad Kids
August 13th, 2008 at 10:34am
I have a really big fear of Rivers and Lakes.
If we go out on a family trip and there's a lake, I have to leave, I can't handle being around them.
And I don't like tall buildings, ever since I was small, I had to run past them.
And also Buses, espiacally the top floor, I had a panic attack once on the way to a school trip.
Seabirds.
Bleeding on the Floor
Seabirds.
August 13th, 2008 at 11:08am
I don't really know why but ever since I was really small, I've had this really strange fear of hairdryers. Like not seeing them or being around them, when it is turned on I get really paranoid and I have to turn it off. I think its rather funny really. But I don't see it as a major issue, I just leave my hair dry naturally. (Which can be a pain sometimes!)
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
August 13th, 2008 at 12:55pm
I have Taphophobia. My worst fear is being buried alive. I've gone as far as promising myself that when I'm 65, I'm killing myself in a secluded place so that if I don't die straight away no one will find me until I'm actually dead. I'm also scared of graveyards, the thought that someone in there might have been alive when they were buried makes me feel sick. It's gotten so bad that i refuse to go anywhere near them if I can.

My fears, especially the buried alive one have gotten way out of hand.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 13th, 2008 at 01:17pm
I was in a psychiatric hospital for a little bit and one of my friends in there was in because she had OCD born from emetophobia.
She'd had to be sectioned because she completely stopped eating because of it; so yeah, I'd say they can definitely get out of hand.
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 13th, 2008 at 09:15pm
Okay does anyone think it's weird that I have to smell food before I eat it? If it smells even a little funky, I won't eat it! Am I a freak or are other people like that too?
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 13th, 2008 at 09:20pm
I used to have a HUGE fear of cancer too. When I was little I thought you could catch it from people like the flu. But I got over that now and I'm gonna be a cancer doctor when I grow up! So phobias can be cured! Smile