Don't have an account? Create one!

Phobias?

AuthorMessage
Plague Rat
Jazz Hands
Plague Rat
April 18th, 2008 at 10:51pm
I have been known to be afraid of alot of things . I am Terrified of being in deep water once I was at camp and they went kneeboarding and I went to see if I could get over my fear . SO I went and I fell off the board zin 20 feet of water and I could not see past an inch . I freaked out and I wouldn't move . They had to talk to me while I VERYYYY slowly swam to the stairs . I am also afraid of missing my bus . I start to cry ..
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
April 20th, 2008 at 01:11pm
I'm claustrophibic, and agoraphobic, which often go hand in hand.
Claustrophibic - fear of enclosed or confined spaces
Agoraphobic - basically the fear of having a panic attack in a place you cant get out of.

I can't do lifts, I can just about do the subway, but not at rush hour. I flipp out at school in the corrdiors between lessons, and I have to just think about breathing in assembly to stop my self screaming.

Yes, it can get out of hand. I'm just about in control, but this is kinda hard to right, cause I have to think about it. It's kinda making me scratch everything...

I find avoiding situations which involve that sort of thing helps a lot, but people take subways, and lifts for granted, and you dont realize how much people use them. When I'm on my own, I manage, I get the bus, I walk the stairs, but when I'm with people, they dont notice. I cant imagine it is very easy to avoid situations involving the author's phobia, cause I guess a lot fo stuff could cause that. I'm not going to mention what 'that' is, cause I dunno how bad you are...
Goodnight Nurse
Salute You in Your Grave
Goodnight Nurse
April 22nd, 2008 at 03:10am
i am afraid that i am going to fail at life to put it simply...
it honnestly eats away at me all the time
WAY_into_MCR
Killjoy
WAY_into_MCR
April 22nd, 2008 at 10:35am
I am deathly afraid of bats. At the sight of a bat I freak out! I lived as a kid (and still live) in this house where bats get into the house all the time in the summer, but we have no idea how they get in. Wen I was really little, I woke up to a bat flying right above my head, and I've been terrified since. When I see a bat, I fall to the ground in the fetal position, cover my head, scream, and cry. I feel paralyzed.

Another thing is roller coasters. I cannot bring myself to go on one. All I can imagine is the harness breaking and me plummeting to my death. I tried to go on this one rollercoaster, trying to rid myself of my fear, when me and my group of friends finally got to the front of the line, the seat I was lined up to ride in had a broken harness!! I FREAKED OUT. I would not go on. I just couldn't do it.
John Wayne
Fabulous Killjoy
John Wayne
April 22nd, 2008 at 01:24pm
Oh, I know what you mean, but to be honest, I think it's all just mental, and it passes, so I'm sure you'll get over yours if you really try. I used to wash my hands after touching anyone or anything, but I soon got tired of doing that all the time, and it was ridiculous and a waste of time, so I made myself quit.
I also used to have what I called "Even attacks" x]. It's like what Psyduck up there said she has. She does everything twice. I used to do everything twice, too because I didn't want odd numbers. If I touched a pillow once, I had to touch it again; If I walked by and bumped into a wall, I had to turn around and do that exact thing again. That sort of lasted a long time for me, and it was hard for me to stop, but I pretty much got over it. It was all just in my mind, though. I think all the phobia things are just in your mind sometimes. Like, sometimes you're thinking too hard about something. I would just try to stop little by little. Like, one time I touched something once, and I decided to leave it at that instead of doing it twice. It was hard, but after just leaving it at one, I felt better.
Very Happy you can do it!
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 22nd, 2008 at 06:55pm
John Wayne:
Oh, I know what you mean, but to be honest, I think it's all just mental, and it passes, so I'm sure you'll get over yours if you really try. I used to wash my hands after touching anyone or anything, but I soon got tired of doing that all the time, and it was ridiculous and a waste of time, so I made myself quit.
I also used to have what I called "Even attacks" x]. It's like what Psyduck up there said she has. She does everything twice. I used to do everything twice, too because I didn't want odd numbers. If I touched a pillow once, I had to touch it again; If I walked by and bumped into a wall, I had to turn around and do that exact thing again. That sort of lasted a long time for me, and it was hard for me to stop, but I pretty much got over it. It was all just in my mind, though. I think all the phobia things are just in your mind sometimes. Like, sometimes you're thinking too hard about something. I would just try to stop little by little. Like, one time I touched something once, and I decided to leave it at that instead of doing it twice. It was hard, but after just leaving it at one, I felt better.
Very Happy you can do it!

i do what you do. i have to even everything out.
thats more an ocd thing, though (at least for me). its incredibly frustrating isnt it?
John Wayne
Fabulous Killjoy
John Wayne
April 23rd, 2008 at 11:30am
amyy.vengeance:

i do what you do. i have to even everything out.
thats more an ocd thing, though (at least for me). its incredibly frustrating isnt it?

Yeah it used to drive me crazy sometimes. My brother's friends just thought I was doing it on purpose to just be silly or something, but I was serious!
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
April 23rd, 2008 at 12:25pm
WAY_into_MCR:

Another thing is roller coasters. I cannot bring myself to go on one. All I can imagine is the harness breaking and me plummeting to my death. I tried to go on this one roller coaster, trying to rid myself of my fear, when me and my group of friends finally got to the front of the line, the seat I was lined up to ride in had a broken harness!! I FREAKED OUT. I would not go on. I just couldn't do it.

this might not make you feel any better, but it made my mate feel better, but think about it this way
if you did fall out of a roller coaster, on of two things would happen.
1. You will only my mildly hurt
2. You we be killed on impact with the ground, therefore not being in pain

I know it sounds senseless, cruel, and downright insensitive, but it really made my friend feel better.
Belong2Ray
Killjoy
Belong2Ray
April 23rd, 2008 at 04:53pm
im scared of drowning and water lol (like Ray!!)
head_1st_4_halos
Killjoy
head_1st_4_halos
April 23rd, 2008 at 09:01pm
well i have a horrible fear of big dogs.... i know dumb.my own boston terrier puppy-PUPPY o and spiders sharks and small dark spaces and needles-one time i had to get my mouth numb for something at the dentist and they had to inject the stuff in and it took 2 minutes to inject the crap...owie

FROMTHE RAZOR THO THE ROSARY
Lonerinlove
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lonerinlove
April 29th, 2008 at 03:29pm
amyy.vengeance:
i have bad anxiety problems... so i wont go there! lol.

Same hear my top fear is cancer. its ruining my life

i also have phobias of vomiting and mouldy fruit
we are broken.
Salute You in Your Grave
we are broken.
April 29th, 2008 at 05:56pm
im afraid of never making a difference. like becoming just another person and not really helping anyone.
we are broken.
Salute You in Your Grave
we are broken.
April 29th, 2008 at 05:56pm
im afraid of never making a difference. like becoming just another person and not really helping anyone.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 30th, 2008 at 02:47am
ive been worrying heaps bout my teeth lately.
so frustrating Sad
FallingForward
Killjoy
FallingForward
May 1st, 2008 at 05:35pm
i'm realy really afraid of spiders, even the smallest ones, i just freeze and then run out of the room. I don't know why, but its a bit out of hand
earlysunsetlovers
Joining The Black Parade
earlysunsetlovers
May 2nd, 2008 at 08:44am
my fear is my hallway and my garage at night...one night i thought i saw a shadow in my garage and it scared me so much because it looked like a man...now i never go downstairs at night...and at night my hallway makes creaky noises...and i am also afraid to wake up in the middle of the night at 3:30...i dont know why though...im also scared of the ocean because of jellyfish, sharks, crabs, and squid...and also i dont like when your swimming in really deep water and you cant see whats below you...those are what im paranoid over... =]
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 4th, 2008 at 06:03pm
I fear heights, and dark water: I'd much rather be in a deep blue ocean then a 20foot black lake. Creepy!

I'm proud to say I have over come ANY animal related fears I ever may have had.
I've always have had a zoo in my bedroom and for years I'd tell people the only pet I wouldn't have is a scorpion, now I have three and can't wait for more! I also never liked roaches but now I have a colony of 200+ and growing (note; these are pet food, not pets.) Im still not a fan of rats though, which is probably why I like snakes so much, cause thats their weekly meal Smile ~ Rex
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
Killjoy
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
May 4th, 2008 at 09:52pm
My phobia...... Large bodies of water, all i can ever think of is drowning. When i was young my sister died trying to save me in the ocean... I miss her........ Smiley
rukan
Killjoy
rukan
May 8th, 2008 at 08:51pm
I'm an emetophobe. I don't know if it's always been here.

I think stemmed from when I was at the peak of my eating disorder, and I was purging almost every day. I don't know why or how but when I stopped, I just

I can't be around people who feel nauseous. I can't be around drunk people. I get anxious at the thought of vomit, and I get panic attacks, I'm just completely paranoid about everything. It's good to at least know that I'm not the only one.

No one really gets it, and sometimes people I know pretend to vomit and think it's funny, but it's really not. It's really fucked me up.
Bunny Marie Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Bunny Marie Way
May 9th, 2008 at 02:24am
i have a intense fear of zombies,cannibals and old people
let me tell you how..
Zombies: I watch "shuan of the dead" at a friends birthday and came home ok
when night came i creid my eyes out and counldnt be left in a room alone thinking that zombie were coming...

Cannibals:also after another movie,of course,"Silence of the lambs"

Old People: kinda funny how...i was with my nan at the retirement (sorry about spelling on that) home and about thee or four people with dementia came up to me claming i was theirs....dont under-estimate the strenght of a old person...There Freaking Strong Were My Nan Stays....