Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 19th, 2008 at 03:12pm
I went to the 17th and 18th show. Both were amazing. On the Friday show they played Desert Song and I freaked out! It was amazing and I had never ever heard it live! They played a lot of the same songs but in a different order. Then after one song (I forgot which one) someone threw a unicorn on stage for Mikey and Gerard was saying something like: "Oh a unicorn!!! Mikey's favorite. Him and his fucking unicorns.."
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 03:13pm
robot pie:
I went to the 17th and 18th show. Both were amazing. On the Friday show they played Desert Song and I freaked out! It was amazing and I had never ever heard it live! They played a lot of the same songs but in a different order. Then after one song (I forgot which one) someone threw a unicorn on stage for Mikey and Gerard was saying something like: "Oh a unicorn!!! Mikey's favorite. Him and his fucking unicorns.."

I remember that! Did you see Mikey smiling? It was this huge grin. Razz And the Desert Song was amazing...wasn't Gerard smoking on stage during that?
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 19th, 2008 at 03:24pm
MyWicketRomance:
robot pie:

I remember that! Did you see Mikey smiling? It was this huge grin. Razz And the Desert Song was amazing...wasn't Gerard smoking on stage during that?
i

I think so. I got a phone video out of it, but it sorta sucks. Yeah Mikey looked so happy about the unicorn. Did you see when Frank got the cowboy hat? I think it was during Teenagers but I laughed because on the 17th show Gerard kept talking about cowboys and cowgirls...
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 19th, 2008 at 04:14pm
Things to note from the 17th:
The last song they played over the crowd before MCR was All You Need Is Love and I freaked. I yelled, "Everyone, just listen to the song, It makes sense!" It was so great to be in the crowd singing along arms swaying to such an unbelievable track.

The place was PACKED, way past any fire/building codes

I only enjoyed the following songs all the way through due to complete exhaustion:
Heaven Help Us
I'm Not Okay
Mama
Teenagers
Famous Last Words
Helena

There were way to many little kids around:
I saw a three year old in the mens room by himself
More tiny twelve year old girls then I could count in the pit
At the beginning of the show, Gerard pointed to a little girl in the front row, and the bouncers thankfully got her out of there.

My friend Stephanie burst into tears during Cancer, just like at old Beatles' Concerts

During Famous Last Words I was getting really out of it:
When singing along to "from a jet black hotel mirror" and there was about a 10sec delay before Gerard sang it, must be adrenaline.
I was singing along at the end and it wasn't working, then I realized I was singing the chorus to Teenagers...after that I decided to keep my mouth closed. ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 04:45pm
I went on the 18th, and it was AMAZING! I met Bob!! It was so funny because we were lurking by the merch counter during David Coska and all of a sudden there was this guy with longish hair and his back turned to us. My friend was like, "Is that Bob??" and we're all like "No, it can't be,...someone would have noticed by now.." But then he turns around and we are all likeShocked "IT IS BOB." So I was about to get my phone out and take a picture but then he started walking towards us. We all said "Hi Bob!" and then my other friend got a hug from him and I reached out for a hug but never got one! He left! He said "I'll be right back!" Hahah. But it was awesome! No one else even noticed him!
This was surely the best day ever. I was almost to the barrier towards the end. I even got one good picture on my camera before the eeeevil security guard came and took it from me and made me miss nearly ALL of Heaven Help Us! Which is one of my favorite B-sides. And they didn't play Kill All Your Friends....Crying or Very sad but oh well. I still got to hear Desert Song AND Headfirst For Halos (my favorite Bullets song.) I was the girl with the purple feather boa in case any of you saw me. I threw it and it landed on some girl's head...but it never made it to the stage Sad I thought it was so funny when someone threw something and it knocked over the mic stand. They were all laughing...even Bob. I wanted to wait by the buses but my mom wouldn't let me Ranting Cry Did they come out on the 18th at all?
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 05:37pm
I loved the cowboy hat. It was amazing. At first I thought that was James Dewees or something up there, because I didn't recognize him, then I saw the scorpion tattoo, and I was like FRANKIE! It was so funny. Razz I loved when Gerard was saying all about how nothing mattered except that we did something with our lives. :3 It was so awesome...

That was your purple boa? I saw that thing flying in the air...it landed by the pit near me, and nearly suffocated some girl in a white Misfits shirt with writing all over her arms.... She said it smelled like eggs and beer.... haha.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 06:14pm
Lmao, these stories are making me laugh. XD

I'm glad that the 18th was great! I wish they would've
played Desert on the 17th too, buuuut oh well.

I'm finishing my whole story that I'm going to put in a blog,
so if anyone wants to read it...I could post it here,
but I'm warning you, it's going to be uber long.

z i k e s !:
TaraMCRmy:

But anyhow, how was the 18th show?!
OH I saw that pink balloon! And I know how the whole Garry thing started! But only because I constantly lurk in the Rumors thread. It all started with this Hart Fisher guy who has a comic book company and he wanted some attention, so he decided to get mad at Gerard and Dark Horse (publishing company for The Umbrella Academy, incase you don't know) for saying that TUA was Gerard's first published work because he supposedly published something of G's when he was like 15. It got blown waaaaaaaay out of proportion. And for the record, I don't remember Gerard or Dark Horse ever saying that TUA was Gerard's first published work. The funniest part was that the Hart dude posted it all on LiveJournal xD No letters, no emails, no phone calls. LiveJournal.
Moving on to the whole Garry thing, Hart posted an open letter to Gerard on LiveJournal and near the end of it he goes "Why'd you do me like that, Garry?" and before that he explained how Gerard went by Garry at that time xD So then the people in the rumors thread ran with it and made it into an INO inside joke.

So yeah, that's the story. Sorry that its so long.

I want to hear about the 18th show! Stories? Pictures? Videos?

Oh! Thank you for clearing that up. Even though I don't see how I msised that, considering I lurk in there everyday, hahahaha. So that must be fairly recent then, that joke. Bahahaha. I remember the little conflict that guy had with Gerard about the whole DH comics thing and stuff.

I want to see My Chem again. :[
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 06:35pm
MyWicketRomance:
I loved the cowboy hat. It was amazing. At first I thought that was James Dewees or something up there, because I didn't recognize him, then I saw the scorpion tattoo, and I was like FRANKIE! It was so funny. Razz I loved when Gerard was saying all about how nothing mattered except that we did something with our lives. :3 It was so awesome...

That was your purple boa? I saw that thing flying in the air...it landed by the pit near me, and nearly suffocated some girl in a white Misfits shirt with writing all over her arms.... She said it smelled like eggs and beer.... haha.

Haha...oops. I was really sad that it never made it to the stage. After Mama I thought I heard Gerard saying that he wanted boas and I was like "NOOOO!! I JUST HAD ONE!"Crying or Very sad
So who was that guy who played the harmonica during...wait I can't even remember what song it was during!
Edit: Gerard's speech was awesome! Does anyone remember what he all said?
Edit (again): Here's the one good picture I got before the security guard took my camera.
It's pretty sweet though. I got like 5 more, but they are all blurry. It was funny though because I was taping The Sharpest Lives when he took my camera and you can see it being taken and carried out because it was still filming...Laughing
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 06:59pm
On the 17th, one of their roadies was playing the harmonica
during Teenagers, was it the same guy? He had bushy hair and was wearing a bandanna.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 07:10pm
^^^ Yup that was him. haha.
Man I miss them so much already. I hate post-concert depression.
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 07:14pm
Yeah, that was him. Didn't he have a cowboy hat too?
I miss it too! I counted the days to it, now I'm counting the days away from it. And it'll be ages until they come around again. Gerard was saying that... a two year break until the next round. Oh, well. The boys deserve a break. And I got a cool messenger bag! Mr. Green
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 19th, 2008 at 07:21pm
I got a awesome hoodie..and then I took it off and gave it to my dad to hold on to and he left it there =[
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 07:25pm
At least we have some great memories we'll never forget. Very Happy!

Yeah, post-concert depression is THE WORST. especially when
it's a favorite band you've seen. They'll probly get haircuts when
if they ever go on break Razz

I thought they were going to take a break after they played in
Hawaii, but I was obviously wrong. I'm thinking it would be
kick ass for them to end their whole tour with Madison Square
Garden in May, with Taking Back Sunday, if that's not what
they're doing already. They could end it with a bang!
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 07:25pm

tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 07:31pm

Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 07:34pm
They do deserve a break. I just hope they do come back. I don't know what I'd do without them!
I still can't believe I met Bob. I was a little sad that I didn't get a hug from him, but of course he didn't want to make a scene. It was just so funny, because he was just randomly there and we happened to be the only ones who noticed.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 07:35pm
robot pie:
I got a awesome hoodie..and then I took it off and gave it to my dad to hold on to and he left it there =[

Aww that sucks Sad
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 19th, 2008 at 08:02pm
Oh! I just remembered something!

On the 17th, when James got up and went behind Bob to play the cowbell with a drumstick [i think it was a cowbell] during Teenagers, he was playing and all, and then he whacks Bob in the head with the drumstick, Bob turned around like' FTW' and laughed, i was cracking up, lmaooo. It was priceless.
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 19th, 2008 at 08:02pm
gerardwayis_love:
Edit: Gerard's speech was awesome! Does anyone remember what he all said?

I don't remember either. No But it was basically that the most important for us to do was do something with our lives...I remember him mentioning we should start a band or do a comic book if we wanted (sound familiar? Razz)...I just remember the last quote 'just fucking do something with yourselves. Be yourselves, don't take anyone's fucking shit, and never let them take you alive' or something like that...
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
April 19th, 2008 at 08:05pm
MyWicketRomance:

I don't remember either. No But it was basically that the most important for us to do was do something with our lives...I remember him mentioning we should start a band or do a comic book if we wanted (sound familiar? Razz)...I just remember the last quote 'just fucking do something with yourselves. Be yourselves, don't take anyone's fucking shit, and never let them take you alive' or something like that...

Yes, that's what I thought he said, but I wasn't sure.
They are such an inspirationIn Love