Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
May 22nd, 2008 at 05:23pm
Exactly, they are people just like us. They just have a higher popularity status, haha. My aunt is best friends with a somewhat-celebrity's mom, whose daughter is married to a well-known celebrity [well, back in the day anyhow], and I see them often and don't even freak. I never get starstruck, but sometimes it will happen out of the blue. When I first met Mest [I've no idea if any of you know this band, XD], I was nervous the three times I met them, I don't know what it was. But still, I see them as ordinary people that just get stalked by the papp. :/
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 22nd, 2008 at 07:29pm
Usually I get cut out of the photos, which is fine by me, but I saw myself in a French comic magazine a few months ago -- looking stupid, I might add, drinking a soda. I'd have been fine if they'd cropped me out of that one. Oh well. I sent a copy of it to my grandma with a note: "I'm kind of a 'big deal' in France." Laughing
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 24th, 2008 at 03:14pm
^ Ha! Some of our friends have told my dad that he's been quoted on some fansites. And one time I was googling for some pics and I got one of just my dad with the caption in japenese! Unfortunatly he does not see how funny this is and gets upset at how crazy people are. ~ Rex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 27th, 2008 at 09:50pm
That's why I always carry the info with me -- I'd forget it otherwise, it's easier to read off a standard quote or hand them an offical statement than try to make shit up off the top of my head and be misquoted. So far I've not found anyone who's misquoted me but I'm sure the day will come.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 2nd, 2008 at 06:08pm
^ Thats just it! My dad stays away from anyone giving of a "crazy fan" vib, and would never comply if he was ever asked to be quoted. Its not the image he wants to portray and I find it funny when ever it happens anyway. ~ Rex
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 2nd, 2008 at 09:14pm
Well, part of what I do is PR for a charity, so I have to get quoted, because I give the interviews. Now and again I end up posing with the merch (there was a Newsarama piece a few months ago of me with some 'Ringo art and a couple of Hulk 100 cover project pieces -- that was nifty and I got to have final say on which photo they published, so at least it was a cute one) but usually you can see my ass or the back of my head in the photos -- sometimes like half my face or part of a boob, depends on how they crop it. For interviews, I *always* request copy pre-print so I can rectify any misquotes.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:17pm
^ Wow thats pretty funny! Its gotta feel pretty cool when you can say "Hey! thats 2/3 of my boob in that shot!" Rather intelligent of you to check over all that stuff before its finalized, but it must be an ordeal. I don't mind getting pics taken, but my dad always makes sure he's behind the cameras, which is really anoying sometimes.

Back to the concert; I don't know, all I can think to say is that when I look back on my Junior Year of High School I can see I've changed so much, in so many ways. I've could have cared less about MCR in November, but what do you know? I really got into them and went and saw them with three people I never thought I'd be good friends with a year ago. MCR definatly gets alot of credit for making me a different and better person these past few months, I can't imagine my life without them.

So far in 08 I saw Todd Rundgren twice, as well as Richie Havens. But I gotta say MCR tops them all, I still have to remind myself almost daily I actually was there and saw them live on stage. Its funny since that night, my love for them has almost grown exponentially (Which I didn't even know was possible) cause I downloaded Revenge a few weeks ago and love it even more than WTTPB which is what got me into them in the first place. Oh well, my rant for the evening is over, gotta get some rest and go to my first exams tomorrow....boy I can't wait for school to end.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 7th, 2008 at 10:31am
Heh. Early on I had gone to a convention and hadn't dyed my hair in awhile, so I had these nasty inch-long roots goin' on. Then two months later I caught a photo in Wizard, I was next to someone, getting something under the table, and all you could see of me was the top of my head and those icky roots. I now make sure to go to cons with a fresh dye job. Laughing

Our school ended last Wednesday (I work in the school system) so Thursday and Friday were prep days for me. Camp starts Monday. I'm slacking off today and tomorrow though. Very Happy
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
June 20th, 2008 at 12:11am
I refuse to let this thread die, therefor I'm posting...but I have nothing to post about. :[ Except that, I'm going to be sad on the 24th thinking "I could have had TBPID! DVD today...but now i have to wait a week'. Haha, oh well, at least it'll be glitch-free.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
June 26th, 2008 at 11:06pm
This thread must never die!!!
=]
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
June 27th, 2008 at 04:31pm
So, since we've seemed to have run out of interesting stories about the concert [lol]...is anybody going to see Leathermouth at the House of Blues September 3rd?
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
July 2nd, 2008 at 10:38pm
I didn't know they were touring...That would be awesome to go! Poor Frankie, though, why can't he just take a break??
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 8th, 2008 at 03:31pm
Ahhhh you guys are still here!

Sorry I never checked since I got back from Hawaii. To think that this was the my first thread -sigh- I'll be here as long as you are...

What lasting memories, lessons, and emotions did you take from the epic night?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 8th, 2008 at 06:19pm
This thread has to stay on topic or I will be forced to lock it like the other ones on the forum.
Sorry but you can't use this for chatting about Leathermouth gigs or vacations.
Keep it on topic or it will be locked.
Thanks.
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
July 8th, 2008 at 07:31pm
Does anyone remember exactly when we were chanting "MCR"?
I was trying to remember which songs were around that part, but I couldn't.

Darn, it was too long ago.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 9th, 2008 at 06:07pm
Was it before MCR came on, or was it before they played Helena? My mind is getting slightly foggy now, haha. It has been a while. :O

I still can't get over how beautiful Vampires was, when Gee sang it before leading into Cancer. Aah.<3
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
July 9th, 2008 at 08:28pm
I know that the intro to "Vampires" was leading into Give 'Em Hell, Kid from the video posted here.

I think we might have been chanting their name before they came out again for the encore. That chant sounded so weird! They said the "R" too quickly, I think.

But I'm really not sure where it was!
I remember we were all singing along with All You Need Is Love right before MCR come out.

This post is about the show on the 17th, in case anyone's wondering. I didn't attend the other one.
I hope we're talking about the same show, TaraMCRmy.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 10th, 2008 at 06:08pm
Oh! We are, haha! I didn't get to go to the 18th show either. :[

I remember singing 'All You Need Is Love' though, that was so cute. And Dropkick Murphies as well. Very Happy That was loads of fun. Did anybody write any blogs or anything from either of the show? I wrote one, I'll post it here if anybody is interested, unless you're my friend on myspace, it's there too. :]
They're usually pretty interesting to read, especially from others' experiences.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 13th, 2008 at 01:35am
^Feel free to post anything you want to about the show, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

All You Need Is Love was definatly a high-light of the night. So great to be apart of so many people with hearts united on such a wonderful sentiment.

Chanting MCR was definatly before they came on stage. Its possibe be for Helena, I was pretty out of it then so I don't really remember.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 13th, 2008 at 08:58pm
^ Same here, and by then Gee's voice sounded more like a mouse. Ahahaha.

Alright, I'm going to post my blog here, but I warn you - it's pretty long.
Also, I just read through it, and if I was in a right state of mind, we chanted 'MCR!' before Helena. Very Happy
---
I must say, this was the best birthday gift of all.
The last time I had seen MCR was at Warped Tour '05,
and that was only for about 10 minutes, and most of that
time my friends and I were trying to get out of a random
moshpit.

So anyway, here's the journal I wrote about the best day in history. :]

3:31 PM

On our way to Chicago [mapquest handy! never been to the Congress Theater before]. As we're leaving, Q101 says they're giving away tickets to the April 18th show. Haha, but I'd have no way of getting there, but God knows I'd call them a trillion times to get them.

5:13 PM

Traffic is horrible! Doors opened at 5:00 for David Costa. We're driving along, trying to find where the school lot is for the parking space my mom paid for, which was probably less than a block from the theater. So we passed it up twice without realizing it, and this car in front of us stopped and asked the guy standing there where it was, but he told them they had to go around because the lot was taken for report card pickups at that school. So we just followed that car, to see if they knew where they were going, but traffic was so sucky that we lost them. We went around that same alley again, and that same guy is there, and my mom is tryin to get his attention but he ignored her and was talking on his phone. So we decide to drive around again to try and find this lot, we didn't know that the one we had passed up a couple times was the one since they said it was taken. We get there yet again, and a car leaves so we take his spot on the side of the street. My mom and I get out, and she walks up to the guy and asks him if there's any way she could get her money back for paying for a parking space which apparently didn't even exist. He tells us "look for me at the door of the theater, but I won't be wearing these clothes, I'll be wearing a shirt that says 'security'. You'll have to memorize my face!' So we figure he's lying [which he was, in the end], and just keep walking.

5:30-ish

We got in pretttty fast, there was hardly a line at all. The security took the two permanent markers I brought with me in case My Chem was doing signings, which I was a little miffed about..but what could I do. It's not like I was going to draw on people in the middle of the concert! As we know, cameras weren't allowed but people managed to sneak them in anyway [jerks! XP <3], and each time someone tried recording/taking pictures, security shined flashlights on them. I don't see what the big deal is?
Anyway as we were coming in we could hear Costa playing, but I didn't get to see him fully. There was still time left til Drive By came on, so I went and got my merch [new MCR hoodie = most comfortable thing I own!], it says The Black Parade Is Dead! on the front, and on the bottom in the back says 'Long Live The Black Parade'. Genius. :] I REALLY wanted the 'Mikey Fucking Way" shirt, but my mom didn't let me get it, but I'm going to the next time I come across it! And I also wanted the Toro shirt [he looks a lot like Slash on it], it's super rad and he needs more attention, but I didn't have enough money left. Haha, the S//C street team was there, and when I was getting my hoodie I asked for a medium, and he said 'it's for you?' and I said yeah, and he goes '...let's see how a small looks'. So he took it out and I said 'oh, that's a lot better' and he smiled and nodded like 'yeeeeah, I knew I was right'. Ahahaha! Then they were talking to each other about how much they hated the Congress Theater, which...looked really beautiful on the site, but was actually a bit of a dive. And I didn't like the neighborhood so much...we heard a gunshot on the way going to the car. But that's later.

After I was done with that, we headed into the room. We were standing right on the outskirts of the moshpit, well the main one...the whole crowd was basically a pit [a swaypit, haha]. Drive By came on and WHOA. They were GREAT! I really enjoyed watching them, they sing real well live! I love their songs. I just bought their new album "A Delicate Situation" last week, which I strongly suggest you all buy/listen to.
They said something about playing MCR in whirlypool [?] or something of the sort, and how one of them got demolished. XD, I didn't really hear what he was saying. I just felt bad because the crowd really wasn't doing much, we were all pretty dead, but then every time they said "My Chemical Romance" we all went insane.

By the time they finished, it was 6:30 on the dot. So Billy Talent got set up. They were fantastical as well! They had the crowd going INSANE, I swear they knew every word to every song. My poor mom though, I felt bad because she was getting hurt and run into by mad moshers. So we saw that there were balcony seats, and decided to have a look [you could see everything from up there], and when we got there we asked security if we were allowed to stand there, but we didn't realized they were reserved seats [at least that's what it sounded like security told us, it was too loud to understand him]. So we went back down, and managed to inch up back toward the front middle.

When Billy Talent had the crowd going their craziest, a really nice girl told my mom and I that she was sorry if she ran into us or stepped on our feet, which is usually something I do at Warped Tour so people don't think I'm doing it on purpose. Billy Talent probably played for an hour, til 7:30. I was getting antsy and my stummy was turning with excitement! Over the speakers they started to play "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles, which was fun, because we all sang it together, go MCRmy. :] Then they played some Dropkick Murphies<3. When the MCR banner finally lowered, we screamed like MAD. And to think, that wasn't even the band yet...

8:00 PM

This was it! What I'd been waiting for, for 6 years! My Chemical Romance. First Bob came out. Right before that though, some stupid kid threw a full water bottle on stage and it hit his cymbal. Idiot. Anyway, Bob's hair is as long as mine now. O_O Probably longer if straightened. He was clad in a black sweatshirt/jacket type thing. I bet he was glad to be back home. :] Next was Ray, wearing a plain black t-shirt and black pants. TOROSAURUS, he really looks liek Slash up there nowadays.<3 Then Frankie! The newly married Frankie, I might add. He was wearing a collared shirt underneath a black buttoned knitted shirt, and baggy-ish pants. Mikey came next! My favorite outfit for sure. It looked like he was wearing his Black Parade pants, and his infamous "Mikey Fuckin Way" t-shirt! Which my mom wouldn't let me buy, but I'm going to the next time I come across it...or make my own. Then was GEERAWRD. He was wearing a black vest type thing underneath a black jean jacket that had some sort of design on the back, and black pants, and of course his boots that he loves so much. He wore his holy pants btw, that crotch hole is never going to go away, I'm telling you. My did they all look great, and all their hair is HUGE!

"Chicagoooo" Gerard sort of sang, then did it again, "Cchiiicagoooo" to get us going nuts, as if we weren't already. Then opened with This Is How I Disappear, which is really a great song to open with - so power-driven. The crowd was on fire, omfg. We were singing at the tops of our lungs. I was shellshocked even still that I was there and so close. I could see all detail pretty much. Their set list went something like:

This Is How I Disappear
The Sharpest Lives
Dead!
House of Wolves
Welcome To The Black Parade
My Way Home Is Through You
Hang 'Em High
Kill All Your Friends
Headfirst For Halos
Heaven Help Us
Mama
Sleep
A sweet cover of 'Home Sweet Home' by Motley Crue
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
cover of Bob Dylan's 'Desolation Row'
I Don't Love You
Teenagers [Frankie, Bob, and Gerard lit a cigarette here, and one of their roadies played the harmonica, and Frank sort of sat back a lot to watch, XD]
Famous Last Words
You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
Cancer

ENCORE

a solo Gee singing a slower version of "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" with James playing keyboard in the back.
Helena

I'm not sure if that was all, and I only know the first few and last few are in order.

During Teenagers, someone came out and handed Frankie some cigarettes and he started smoking on stage, and then they gave one to Bob and Gerard, and they all were smoking simultaneously, XD. Then one of their roadies came out and was playing harmonica during the song, it was awesome! And I was cracking up so hard, because James got up from his keyboard and went behind Bob and his drumset to play the cowbell with his drumstick, and they playing and la la la, then all of a sudden James whacks Bob on the head with the drumstick. LMAO. It was hilarious, Bob turned around like 'FTW?!' and then they started laughing.

Gerard was talking about all of us being cowboys, "We won't be back for a long time. We're gonna go away for 2 years to write an album all about cowboys. Are you all cowboys?!" Something like that. So I guess onthe 18th someone threw up a cowboy hat and Gerard got so excited, and Frank was wearing it.

In Kill All Your Friends, when it got to the part that goes 'Your face 'round here', Gee slapped himself at 'face 'round here' in a dramatic way three times.

Famous Last Words was SO extremely moving though, too. I think that's the point where everyone who has been touched and saved by MCR belted it all out, especially at the chorus.<3 I know I did. And the lights got a lot brighter at "These bright lights have always blinded me."

HAHA, after Mama, Gerard: "I'm too young to die.....I'm too young.....and much too pretty!"

Towards the beginning of the show - Gerard: "So this guy over here *points to the guy* he has a Karate Kid headband" then he says something inbetween, and something about "bringing the Karate Kid party here!" And then Mikey and Gee smiled at each other while they were playing, and Gerard put the headband on Mikey's head. And since Mikey's now-trademarked-move is smiling a lot and shaking his head, it kept falling down his face. Haha! So then Gerard ended up wearing it around his neck after, and after the song, he was sad because he had lost it and he couldn't find it anymore. "Where'd that headband go?"

Someone threw a shoe up toward Gerard, and he saw it and said, "I don't need your shoes, you keep those. I already have two." Something along those lines, XD.

The beginning of I'm Not Okay, Gerard said "This is the number one summer song!" and the crowd went MAD wild.

During Cancer, just as James was playing the intro to it, I knew it was coming...I started bawling like a baby. The way Gerard sang it...it was so beautiful, and the crowd got completely silent minus a few screams from some people. But everyone was swaying with each other and had their lighters and phones out. My mom said she teared up too. :[ He let us sing a few lines, including "Know that I will never marry." Aaahh..then they left the stage for a while, and then we all chanted 'MCR! MCR!' and they came out again.
:]

There was also a point when Gerard said something along the lines of "this is Bob's hometown! That makes it our hometown too!"

On the 18th [i wasn't there, i read about people's experiences at this show], after one of the songs someone threw a unicorn on stage for Mikey and Gerard said something like: "Oh a unicorn!!! Mikey's favorite. Him and his fucking unicorns.." Bahaha!

There was one point where, between songs, they were playing something over the speakers, we had no idea what it was. The band all got together on the stage and Gerard was looking out like Wtf? And the rest were pretending to be talking about it, but as we were all getting confused, they busted out into a song, I can't remember what it was, but it seemed like they were confusing us on purpose. I dunno, it was weird. XD

During Helena, some kid got dragged out by two security guards/police, I wonder what he did. :O

I love MCR fans, they're the greatest people at shows. I sang with a lot of people and clapped with them and we all smiled at each other, just an overall friendly atmosphere. That's what I love most about concerts, but MCR ones especially. "Music is the harmonic connection between all human beings."

but anyway, the best night of my 18 years of life. I got to see my heroes, FINALLY. My dying wish is still to meet them. I did wave to Drive By though, on the way out and the lead singer waved back at the last minute. Very Happy

On the way home, my mom told me that seeing the joy on my face when MCR came on made her night. Aaw <- I said that and she said seriously, she felt like crying by seeing how happy I was. I thanked her about 50 times by the time we got home. By far the best birthday gift I've ever gotten<3 or probably ever will get. I got a new hoodie and a shirt, and now when I get money again, I'm getting that Mikey Fuckin Way shirt!

I guess afterwards, Frankie was doing some signings, and some people got to meet Bob [and his mom o_o], but she security guards were all 'go home!!'. Losers. Ahaha.

And that was the best night of my entire life. :]