Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 16th, 2008 at 01:10am
^Thanks! Here's what I wrote down a few days after, but I deleted all the inside comments only I'd understand:

This Is How I Disappear

The Sharpest Lives

Dead! “ARE YOU ALL READY TO DIE? ARE YOU ALL READY TO DIE?”

House of Wolves
“This is the last time we're going on tour for a long time. We're going to go back and write a whole new album full of terrible songs because you guys seem to like that sort of thing. – Were gonna go away and write a new album full of Cowboy songs, are you a bunch of cowboys and cowgirls?

Welcome To The Black Parade- Crazy pushing

My Way Home Is Through You

Someone through up a headband, Gerard liked it. Someone else trying to give Gerard their shoes. He said something like "I don't need your shoes, you can keep the shoes. I got two of them right here." He saw someone helping people up in the front and dedicated the following song “Cause you’re a mother-fuckin Cowboy
Hang 'Em High – Rest, fell down, lost Ian

Kill All Your Friends- Rest

Headfirst For Halos – Rest

Somewhere someone though up a Unicorn, with a great reaction from Gerard.
Heaven Help Us – My Spaz point, screaming

I’m Not Okay – “Dig Deep #1 summer sing along”

Mama – Feelin sick
"I'm too young to die!! I'm too young to die!! And far too pretty!!"

Sleep – missed parts cause Iz getting little girls out of the crowd

A cover of 'Home Sweet Home' by Motley Crue
which led into a solo Gee singing a slower version of "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" with James playing keyboard in the back.

Give 'Em Hell, Kid – Rest

I Don't Love You – Rest

Teenagers –Oh yeah, that song. Frankie, Bob, and Gerard lit a cigarette here, and one of their roadies played The harmonica. Gerard jerking the microphone off.

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison – rest
Cancer – rest Stephanie crying, and screamed “I Love You”

Famous Last Words – adreanaline high, sang Teenagers chours, close to crying

Desolation Row – Dylan Cover, Fuck Yeah!

Helena – “This is the last song we're going to play tonight! It's the last song we're going to play tomorrow, and the day after that and after that until the day we stop being a band!" Helena”
....................................................................................................
I had only gotten into MCR late this December, these are all the songs I DIDN’T know at the concert! Now I really have to see em again!
Hang ‘em High
Kill All Your Friends
Headfirst For Halos
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
Vampires Will Never Hurt You
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 16th, 2008 at 10:14pm
Wow, you had to do a lot of resting, huh? If I was more toward the front, I bet I would have too, fer sure. There was something I thought of earlier that I was going to post here, but I forgot what that was. Damn. :[

I'll have to come back when I think of it.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 16th, 2008 at 11:45pm
^ Yeah for one I was up untill three the night before on an English Paper (which I wound up sucking on cause I was so tierd writing, I didn't proof read). And it was my first Mosh expirience, so when ever there was a song I didn't know, I'd just kinda hang, concentrating mostly on keeping my friends and myself alive. I can't imagine what I would have done if I had known and loved every song, most likely pass out or throw up.....I guess its a good thing I had yet to downloaded Revenge.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 17th, 2008 at 12:01am
LOL. Yeah, I'd understand that. I've had close encounters to nearly passing out/throwing up, I'm really surprised I held on so long at some concerts.

But anyway, I think you'd be better off buying Revenge, of course to help the suffering music industry, and because it's a nice collectible/has some artwork and the thank-yous and all that. :] But that's just my opinion, haha.

I still can't remember what I was going to say from earlier...argh.

But from what you wrote a couple posts back ^^ I missed some of those quotes, LOL. Or well, the longer versions of them. I'm glad you remembered them, that's some memorable stuff. Very Happy

Gah, I can't wait for their great return to touring. >:]
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
July 20th, 2008 at 12:54am
TaraMCRmy:
They said something about playing MCR in whirlypool [?] or something of the sort, and how one of them got demolished. XD, I didn't really hear what he was saying.
I thought it was Billy Talent's front man who said, "When My Chemical Romance comes out, ask them who kicked their ass at whirly-ball last night." Then he motioned towards the rest of the band.
I couldn't hear that very clearly -- my mom did! And she told me what he said.
Does anybody know what that game is?
Well, here's Wikipedia's article on Whirlyball in case you don't. I didn't.
TaraMCRmy:
When Billy Talent had the crowd going their craziest, a really nice girl told my mom and I that she was sorry if she ran into us or stepped on our feet, which is usually something I do at Warped Tour so people don't think I'm doing it on purpose.
Shocked
A girl said that where my mom and I were! Were you on Ray's side of the stage?
TaraMCRmy:
Someone threw a shoe up toward Gerard, and he saw it and said, "I don't need your shoes, you keep those. I already have two." Something along those lines, XD.
Oh yeah, it was hurtling back, away from the stage, at first. That's how it was able to hit me in the nose. My mom told me to throw it toward the stage. I think it hit some other dude's head. I saw that he tossed it onstage.
TaraMCRmy:
There was one point where, between songs, they were playing something over the speakers, we had no idea what it was. The band all got together on the stage and Gerard was looking out like Wtf? And the rest were pretending to be talking about it, but as we were all getting confused, they busted out into a song, I can't remember what it was, but it seemed like they were confusing us on purpose. I dunno, it was weird. XD
I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but when they played Headfirst, they stopped around halfway through and just stared at us in the way you described. And then they played the rest of the song. I thought it was amazing.

I remember being intensely tired during Helena. I didn't have the breath to sing anymore!

I always imagined seeing MCR in a place . . . like that. I know it sounds weird, but. I really did. And I think it was perfect because it wasn't. If you know what I mean. And, I don't expect you to.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 20th, 2008 at 02:46am
TaraMCRmy:

But from what you wrote a couple posts back ^^ I missed some of those quotes, LOL. Or well, the longer versions of them. I'm glad you remembered them, that's some memorable stuff. Very Happy

Gah, I can't wait for their great return to touring. >:]

I know I was lucky to write it all down, cause I know I would have forgotten. I even inclueded side notes to myself on what parts of songs I screamed, the actions of myself and my friends.

So when are they coming back out for another round? I know Gerard said it would be "a long time" But now I keep seeing "two years." WTF? The next time I here new material or see them live I'll be in College? I'm really pulling they'll tour again in a year or so. ~ Rex
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
July 20th, 2008 at 10:02pm
You all make me wish I was there on the 17th! :[
I also wish I'd written down the details of my show.....I forgot everything about it! All I remember is someone throwing a stuffed unicorn on stage and Gerard saying "Oh a unicorn! Mikey loves fucking unicorns..." or something like that.

Also, does anyone remember (on the 18th) when they turned the lights on the crowd and Gerard said "Let me see all your fucking faces!" or something?
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 21st, 2008 at 03:30am
gerardwayis_love:
All I remember is someone throwing a stuffed unicorn on stage and Gerard saying "Oh a unicorn! Mikey loves fucking unicorns..." or something like that.

Man, am I crazy or did that happen on the 17th as well? Now my memory is all screwed up.

Yeah, well you make me wish I was there on both the 17th and the 18th
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
July 21st, 2008 at 11:19pm
Does anyone have any blogs about the 18th??
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 22nd, 2008 at 12:36am
^ I was wondering the same, I've only heard tidbits here and there about that one. I'd love to hear more! And I heard about the unicorn incident, rofl. And the lights thing, I'm pretty sure that he did that on us on the 27th as well. Yeah, he did, because I got blinded, lmao. In fact I think he did it after Cancer, because I was bawling my eyeballs out and was thinking 'oh great, everyone will see how gross I look now.'

Well Gerard said himself that the new record will be out by 2009, which I'm sort of surprised because that means they'd have to begin writing new material relatively soon, as in the next few months, I would think.

Helmee Bluth:
A girl said that where my mom and I were! Were you on Ray's side of the stage?

I was actually more in the middle front, just to the left of the mosh pit. In fact, right on the outskirts of it. But the girl that said it was to the left of me, so maybe there were more kind people like that there. Very Happy

Helmee Bluth:
I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but when they played Headfirst, they stopped around halfway through and just stared at us in the way you described. And then they played the rest of the song. I thought it was amazing.

Aaah! That makes better sense, I thought they were messing around with us or something, I was so lost! Lol. Thanks for clearing that up. x]
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 22nd, 2008 at 02:00am
TaraMCRmy:

I was actually more in the middle front, just to the left of the mosh pit. In fact, right on the outskirts of it. But the girl that said it was to the left of me, so maybe there were more kind people like that there. Very Happy
]

The mosh pit up front center close to the end? Cause I was totally in the front right corner corraling my friends. Durring Cancer we were slightly to the left of Gerard, and by Helena, we were five people from the bar and a bit to the right.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
July 26th, 2008 at 02:22am

The pit that was not right in the front, but more like the middle and maybe a little closer, I was only a couple people from it. :] I was in the middle straight in front of Gerard the whole time, and hardly moved at all besides the swaying of the crowd. I could see the bar clearly where I was though, that wasn't a bad spot to stand either since it slopes upward.
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
July 31st, 2008 at 03:46pm
Gahh, I wish I was there on the 17th. I feel so left out. Sad But it was a Thursday and I had school...and I live 5 hours away from Chicago so it was impossible. Oh well.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
August 5th, 2008 at 11:27pm
I was looking up quotes from Gerard on wikiquote.com, and found this one from the April 18th show:

Gerard: "Oh, I like those. I'll have to save it for later." -put cookie in his pocket-

lmfao.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
August 6th, 2008 at 04:50am
I didn't hear that. and i didn't know that there was a cookie. another reason why hated to be in balcony that time.

Scarlett O'Hara.:
You all make me wish I was there on the 17th! :[
I also wish I'd written down the details of my show.....I forgot everything about it! All I remember is someone throwing a stuffed unicorn on stage and Gerard saying "Oh a unicorn! Mikey loves fucking unicorns..." or something like that.

Also, does anyone remember (on the 18th) when they turned the lights on the crowd and Gerard said "Let me see all your fucking faces!" or something?

i just remember the unicorn part. that's the only thing that i can remember. Disgust
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
August 6th, 2008 at 07:38pm
That wiki page is a little off though, a couple of those quotes were from the 17th, not 18th. Unless Gerard repeated them.

I wanted to go in the balcony at first, I thought you'd be able to things mroe clearly. :O Was the sound bad up there?
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
August 6th, 2008 at 08:21pm
well yeah, you would see them clearly, like their moves; but they were small and you couldn't see their faces. And it looks more fun down there.

based on what i can remember, it wasn't bad at all. was it bad in your place?
frank_iero_mcr_lm_pp
Killjoy
frank_iero_mcr_lm_pp
August 7th, 2008 at 08:38am
ya i whent to this concert it was so fun!!!!! then after the concert i was gonna buy the mikey or the toro shirt but i was so hot from that little room that i was about to pass out... so instead i got a mcr shirt that a homeless guy was selling! and it wasnot a crappy shirt it was cool! Very Happy Smile Laughing Razz Bye Mr. Green Clap Dance Ha Ha Nyam
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
August 7th, 2008 at 11:27pm
Pat Kirch:
well yeah, you would see them clearly, like their moves; but they were small and you couldn't see their faces. And it looks more fun down there.

Aaw, yeah I'd want to see their faces fer sure, haha. x]

No it was fine where i was, i was in the front-middle. I actually really liked the sound in there, when I was at the merch booth, one of the merch guys said the Congress was a dump or something and they hated the sound, xD. It was very echo-y though, you could hear everything anywhere you went in there.

To the person above me, you bought a shirt from a homeless man? O_o lmao. I bought the TBPID! hoodie and one of the shirts being sold outside by a woman [not a homeless one] with loads of them. I love it. Very Happy
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 9th, 2008 at 07:29pm
Pat Kirch:
And it looks more fun down there.

Not exactly. It was more of terms of survival for my freinds and I then fun. I was really glad to be there, but it was INTENSE! I'm not against being in another mosh pit, but I would like to try the balcony. It seams a lot calmer. Though it was nice to be 10' away from the band during Helena!