Don't have an account? Create one!

04/17/2008 + 04/18/2008 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater

AuthorMessage
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 16th, 2008 at 06:50pm
Roar of the Crowd:
IM GOING TOMORROW! I'M SO EXCITED ITS GONNA BE MY FIRST MCR CONCERT!! omgomgomgomgomgomg....lol
So maybe we should do something to like show that we are INOers. .... like have INO on our clothes somewhere, idk. any ideas?

I think alot of us are putting it on our arms in marker or something. I know I am. Anyone else?
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
April 16th, 2008 at 09:01pm
divineblindsoul:
I still don't know what I am going to wear...exspecially shirt-wise...All I own are MCR shirts. I mean that seriously too...I think I have 3 maybe four shirts that aren't MCR ones.

Is it super noobish to wear the shirt of the band you are going to see? I don't want to be super noobish!
I saw tons of MCR shirts at Projekt Revolution. It would be okay, I suppose.

I got my jeans, my bat-socks, my necklace, my T-shirt, my pen (for writing on my arm!), all is set and it is TOMORROW!!!
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
April 16th, 2008 at 09:45pm
Yep! I'm writing it on my arm.

Man...This is so cool. I am so excited!
The Only Hope.
Demolition Lover
The Only Hope.
April 16th, 2008 at 10:52pm
this is so exciting
I hope to meet some of you people there.
I can't wait!
oh and btw I am writing INO.net on my left arm
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 17th, 2008 at 12:08am
TOMORROW!

Holy crap, it came SO FAST.
I hope to see you all there!
I'll probably yell 'whoo!' if you walk
past me with 'INO' on your arm, just so
you know and don't think some random person
is making weird sounds to you, lol.

I was going to make a shirt, but haven't
had time to get the shirt and fabric art and
all that, so I'll probably be wearing a white
jacket/shirt kind of thing with guitars all over it,
and skinny jeans. I would wear a My Chem shirt,
but for some reason I don't feel like it. XD

See you all there!
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 17th, 2008 at 01:45pm
gerardwayis_love:
imn0tokei:

i might see you if you're gonna be at the end of the line.lol.
i haven't decided yet what to wear, maybe it'll be a black converse shirt or a kinda pink stripe shirt. it's either of the too.
how bout you, what're you gonna wear?

Yeah, I probably will get there late. But I'm going to wear a red MCR tank top that I made and my friend will be wearing one too. So if you see two girls wearing matching red MCR tank tops, thats probably us. haha
I'm so excited!!! WOO Clap

if i see you, i'll introduce my self.lol.

to those who went today. tell some stories!
The Only Hope.
Demolition Lover
The Only Hope.
April 17th, 2008 at 03:42pm
I'm so excited I'm at the show right now waiting in line.
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 17th, 2008 at 04:55pm
^good for you. have yoou seen any INOers?
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 17th, 2008 at 05:58pm
Ahh! You're so lucky. I have to wait another 24 hours! Rock out twice as hard for me, mmk? :]
The Only Hope.
Demolition Lover
The Only Hope.
April 18th, 2008 at 12:34am
imn0tokei:
^good for you. have yoou seen any INOers?
yeah I did.
it was pretty awesome.:]
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 18th, 2008 at 08:31am
^ :O! *MAD JEALOUSY!*

XD, OMFG. Best night of my life FOR SURE!
I'm writing a blog about it later on myspazz, now I have
to go to school *agh*.

I didn't find any INO kids :[ I wrote 'INO.net' on my arm but I don't
know if it was visible.

But omfg...they left me speechless! And the openers were GREAT.
Except we got there about 5:30 so we only heard Costa, we didn't
get to see him. I'll be on here later to hear all your stories. :]
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
Killjoy
xLadyxOfxSorrowx
April 18th, 2008 at 09:59am
I can't wait...I have about nine hours. I'm in school now...haha. ^_^ Was the openers on the 17th Billy Talent and Drive By too? Are they good? I've never heard Drive By before...
Eunhyuk
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Eunhyuk
April 18th, 2008 at 01:39pm
did you guys meet them after the concert by the bus?

wait,, do they assign who will be in the balcony or are they going to you if you want to go there?
thanks!
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
April 18th, 2008 at 02:23pm
Well, the concert was amazing, I almost died a few times though. It was an adventure getting there, though, holy crap!

So my sister and I took the train into the Clybourn station at 4:15, and we'd called a cab ahead of time but either we couldn't find it or it wasn't there so I was more than a little peeved. But I called and they sent another one and we told him to go to the Congress Theater (He repeated it back to us too.) And then he took off. Well, long story short there, he brought us to the Auditorium Theater in Downtown Chicago. We were sitting there like..."Is this it?" and he said that it was, then I asked him specifically if it was the Congress Theater and again he said yes, so we get out (paid him 15 dollars btw.) Just to be sure we asked this old guy walking down the street--his reply "Oh, you're waaaay off." I think I had a shit right there.

Again, long story short: We had to take the Subway, had like 5 people tell us different things about which train we should take but eventually we got on the Blue Line and we met up with a couple of girls who were lost like us and going to the concert on the Subway, so we stayed with them and we made it there okay but it was almost 6 when we got there so that sucked. BUT!!!! It was well worth it to get there!

I have never been to such an amazing concert, it was incredable. With the "whole crowd mosh pit" I was propelled up past the lights on the ceiling so I was super close. But god! It was so hot, I blacked out from the heat at least once and I fell down twice, but still. Amazing. I just wish I was able to see some of you guys. Oh, well, there is always next time, right!?

Oh and one last thing. Did anyone else think that it was funny that anytime Drive By said "My Chemical Romance" the crowd went wild?
The Only Hope.
Demolition Lover
The Only Hope.
April 18th, 2008 at 04:00pm
TasteTheRainbowBetch:
OMG THE CONCERT WAS SO AWESOME!!! I CAUGHT BOBS DRUMSTICK

dude,you're so lucky.
I'm like super jealous of you now.
_____
I can't wait until the concert tonight!
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 18th, 2008 at 04:56pm
AHHHHH I was at the show last night! Fucking amazing. And it was my first concert ever. The crowd was so great and the guys were even better. I was so happy with the set list, but there are some songs they didnt play that I wish they had.

Anyways, I had such a great view of all five guys (well, I had an okay view of Ray but whatever). I was about 20 feet away and right in front of Frank. My left ear is still ringing from being directly in front of the amps.

divineblindsoul:
Did anyone else think that it was funny that anytime Drive By said "My Chemical Romance" the crowd went wild?
I thought that was hilarious! All he had to say was "My Chemical Romance" and we all went nuts...actually he barely finished the word and we were all going nuts! Haha, it was obvious who we were all there to see.
robot pie
Joining The Black Parade
robot pie
April 18th, 2008 at 05:15pm
z i k e s !:
AHHHHH I was at the show last night! Fucking amazing. And it was my first concert ever. The crowd was so great and the guys were even better. I was so happy with the set list, but there are some songs they didnt play that I wish they had.

omgg. I went with my dad (WHO MET BOBS MOM!!!!.. yea that needed caps) and he was right by the sound booth and he got me the set list.. =] it has all these offical looking numbers next to the songs and a phone number on the back! My friend and I wanted to call it.
I'll be there tonight toooo!!
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
April 18th, 2008 at 05:34pm
TasteTheRainbowBetch:
i have a question? when did my chem go on cause i got there after they had started

They went on right at 8:00. The time between their stage set-up
and them actually coming on was killing me with suspense!

I'm writing my blog right now on myspace. Did anybody else
reserve a parking space from Chase school which was about a block or less from the Theater and get ripped off? Those jerks, ugh.

Buuuut anyway, I'm so happy they played so many rarities!
The B-Sides, AND Headfirst For Halos! <- That's what I wanted most. I wished they would've played Venom, but I'm not complaining. :]

I was right on the outskirts of the mosh pit, there were about 2
people-lengths in front of me. AWESOME spot!

imn0tokei:

wait,, do they assign who will be in the balcony or are they going to you if you want to go there?
thanks!

I didn't get to meet them, security was being poo heads and was making us leave right away. I did drive by all the bands' buses three times trying to find the theater though! But I didn't see them.

As for balcony seats, my mom and I tried going up there, but
from what we could hear the Security guard said [it was loud in there], we were pretty sure we couldn't sit there, I think those were reserved, there were chairs there as well so I assume people bought them, and there was caution tape around a lot of the seats.

BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
April 18th, 2008 at 06:45pm
TaraMCRmy:
They went on right at 8:00. The time between their stage set-up
and them actually coming on was killing me with suspense!
-
Buuuut anyway, I'm so happy they played so many rarities!
The B-Sides, AND Headfirst For Halos! <- That's what I wanted most. I wished they would've played Venom, but I'm not complaining. :]

I was right on the outskirts of the mosh pit, there were about 2
people-lengths in front of me. AWESOME spot!

imn0tokei:

thanks!

I didn't get to meet them, security was being poo heads and was making us leave right away. I did drive by all the bands' buses three times trying to find the theater though! But I didn't see them.

BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!
Oh man, when we were waiting for MCR to come on I just about died. You know that door that was high up on the right side of the stage? It was open at the end of Billy Talent was ending their set and I could see Bob's arm and I saw a bit of Ray's hair =) I wanted them to come on ASAP.

I was so pumped that they played Headfirst and all 3 B-sides! I remember when Heaven Help Us came on, I started screaming in my friends ear "OHMYGOD! all the B-sides!!!" and Headfirst was just crazy. I loved all the clapping :]

You were closer than I was, I was about 20 feet from the stage but I still had an amazing view (especially of Frank, Bob, and Mikey...and of course Gerard 'cause he never stays in one place for long) Did you get any pictures? Videos? Sorry I'm so nosy.

Security was being mean D= I was in line to meet Frank (didn't get to meet him, by the way =/) and after he left, the secrutity guy was all "Go away, no one else is coming out!" and he glared at us. It was not very nice.

Definately the best night of my life.
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
April 18th, 2008 at 06:59pm
I'm still writing down everything that happened to me.
I didn't see any of you lovely people there. Crying or Very sad
My mom and I hadn't been moshed before. She'll make sure we never will again.

Gerard said so many good things. I hope I can remember them all.
He said something along the lines of "We won't be back for a long time. We're gonna go away for 2 years to write an album for cowboys. Are you all cowboys and cowgirls?"
The crowd went wild.

It wasn't only Drive By getting cheers for saying My Chemical Romance, it was everyone before MCR. Like, if they were feeling a bit ignored or something, they'd just get everyone's attention back by reminding the crowd that MCR's coming (thus making everyone happy).

I remembered every song MCR played.Cool Where could I post it? Here?