Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
May 9th, 2008 at 01:43pm

FUCK THE DAILY MAIL!
The?!Society
Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
May 9th, 2008 at 02:02pm
haha Gerard is awesome!
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 9th, 2008 at 03:27pm
ill seocnd that and the video!!!!!
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 9th, 2008 at 03:44pm
i posted this on my bebo page but thought it was suitable for this thread

Earlier this week, in fact in yesterday's news papers it was reported that a 13 year old 'emo' had hung herself after an argument with her mum about staying at a friends house. This has sparked outrage against bands specifically MCR naming them as 'suicide' or 'cult' rock band.
In The Sun Newspaper on thursday, it was repeatedly mentioned that she had started listening to MCR just 2 weeks before she had commited suicide, yet a while before her parents had become concerned after they saw marks on her wrist. On confronting her on these marks she promised never to do it again.
The article, as i said repeatedly named MCR, featured a picture from the Welcome To The Black Parade Video and named and pictured The Black Parade Album.
How can MCR be sited as the cause of this girl commiting suicide???? She had been listening to other bands but even so before listening to MCR had self harmed. What kind of parents just let their child 'promise' not to self harm again without monitoring her slightly or seeking help????????
Thankfully one newspaper, The Times, managed to report the story without critising MCR or what is mistakenly seen as 'emo' music. MCR have constantly, while on tour reassured fans (that dont actually need to be reassured) that they do not support self harm in any shape or form.... so how can The Sun and especially The Daily Mail criticize MCR??
This is the second time , namely The Daily Mail has named MCR speciffically as 'ring leaders' of the teenage 'followers' who support the 'emo cult'. T
his girls death cannot simply be blamed on MCR or the music she listened to.
The sad thing is it looks like ignorant know-it-alls will brand MCR, as the cause of teenage suicide or case of self harm, at every chance they get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSFiC3FVoE
Disgust Disgust
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 9th, 2008 at 03:45pm
OMG he make me smile i am so fooking happy he is so great and FUCK THE DAILLY FUCKING MAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbow pieces.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rainbow pieces.
May 9th, 2008 at 03:51pm
Okay, i was just reading this, which doesn't have anything to do with MCR, but this seems relevant to this topic, i can't work out links!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7392346.stm

This is the particular part
Dominic had drawn a hanging man with the words: "One day you will find me swinging lifeless from this tree."

The teenager, who was a fan of so-called "Emo" rock music, was due to go to a concert by rock band Biffy Clyro. (since when are they considered emo?)

Mrs Maynard added: "Emo music is all to do with death."

Mrs Maynard, is the boys mum. I just don't see why his music taste's had anything to do with the rest of the story, it seems they have just added it in to spark controversy, as the daily mail did with the other girl. I'm sure the daily mail will soon be 'writing' about this, with his music taste being the main point of the article!
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 9th, 2008 at 03:55pm
Okay sorry dont want to piss on anyones cornflakes but i just read that the girl died back in september,.....so why is it all being glamourised now ??
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 9th, 2008 at 03:59pm
mental_scottish_lass:
Okay sorry dont want to piss on anyones cornflakes but i just read that the girl died back in september,.....so why is it all being glamourised now ??

its true i think... the comments on teh daily mail site had the friends of tis girls asking why this had been brought up again, they said they had only just got over it themselves.
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
May 9th, 2008 at 04:00pm
Mikey Fuckin Way:
I absolutely love this video!

FUCK THE DAILY MAIL!

Okay, so my mum was the one who showed me this because she was just as shocked as I was. She's heard the bands lyrics, she knows their message.

All I can day is that it's really pathetic that the blame has been put on the band. In truth, it's the parents fault and partly the girls. We all know it. The girl obviously missed the whole point and message of the band. And her dad knew she was self harming. Did he really think that by asking her to stop, she would, just like that? Why the fuck didn't he keep check on her? And seeing as the last thing she said before she hung herself was "I want to die," you'd think her parents would talk to her.
My guess is that her parents are feeling guilty about this whole thing but refuse to admit it. So, the finger is pointed at the band she listened to.

So in Gerard's words, FUCK THE DAILY MAIL!
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 9th, 2008 at 04:02pm
here here
lol that sounds eally cheesy how about yup i completley agree. ^^
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 9th, 2008 at 04:06pm
yup i agree too me n my gran were discussing it ......she was like Lisa you have always been weird music has nothing to do with it ,......the music has nothing to do with aything for anybody u have to be depressed or something !
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 9th, 2008 at 04:13pm
i had exactly the same conversation with my mum, i mena she kept sying if it was that bad why would she like some mcr songs???? i mean she even has i dnt love u as a ringtone lol. but no i mean my mum said to asked me if i had ever got that kind of message from MCR songs and i siad no never, there is obviously some kind of either home issue or image issue. image issue as in this girl wanting to be seen as 'emo' so self harming and then going to the extent of suicide.
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 9th, 2008 at 04:17pm
Yeah i agree.....funny you mention the i dont love you ringtone because my mum had it im not sure if she still does and i have now got my younger brother who is 12 into mcr and by what theDaily Mail have being saying it would appear he has been dressing like an emo which is a lot of shit !!!! My brother now loves the band and my mum also very keen.....if i was thinking that any songs gave anyone impressions of death and suicide i sure as hell wouldnt have got my lttle brother into them !!!
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 9th, 2008 at 04:21pm
the annoying thing is there is a girl in my little sisters year (who is also 13 ironically) who is known to self harm and repeatedly self harms, even in school she has been said to take out her door keys and start hacking at her wrists. what bugs be is that the first band she associates herself with is, suprise suprise MCR.
Sadly the way the media potrays all MCR fans means that younger ones who, (unlike ur brother) will probably be easily influenced by the media potrayl of MCR's message and lyircs. meaning more and more 'emos' will site MCR as an influence and eventually people like us who argue for MCR's case wont have a leg to stand on,
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
May 9th, 2008 at 04:24pm
That video made me smile.

I found out about this a few days ago, and I don't understand why this newspaper is bringing up a suicide that happened in September. Second, it's not like MCR personally told this girl to kill herself, and it's widely known that MCR are against suicide and self-harm. I just think the parents don't want to take the blame themselves when they knew their child had a new 'style' and was cutting herself. =\

All I have to say is gtfo to the daily mail and the parents blaming MCR.
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 9th, 2008 at 04:33pm
yeah if i caught my brother at it he wouldnt need a tie or a key or a blade or what not id kill him straight out....seen as i have only heard of this recently i am going over to see my brother next month as i do not live with the family and me and him shall have long chatts haha........at 13 u cant understand what you want from ur life and her parents and teachers should have mentioned it and removed the keys
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
yeah if i caught my brother at it he wouldnt need a tie or a key or a blade or what not id kill him straight out....seen as i have only heard of this recently i am going over to see my brother next month as i do not live with the family and me and him shall have long chatts haha........at 13 u cant understand what you want from ur life and her parents and teachers should have mentioned it and removed the keys
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
Why do people always feel the need to find a scapegoat? It was the parents fault she did this, her dad knew she was self-harming and appears to have done very little to stop it. Stop blaming music for bad parenting.
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 9th, 2008 at 04:39pm
I dont think we can come out and say it was the parents fault as you say why have the scapegoat.....parents cannot have kids in the site 100% all of th time...and thats what makes me feel really bad for the parents.....if the father genuinly thought his daughter would not hurt herself again you would think that yes a father would believe his little princess so i dont think any one is really to be blamed and if there does have to be a blame it should be on society as a whole because it is the social upbringing throughout society which has made 'emo' and 'self harming' the thing that it is today !