Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
May 18th, 2008 at 02:27pm
People need to stop being so ignorant and face the facts!
You can't blame a band for a girl's death. As someone has already said, you have to be pretty depressed and down to kill yourself.

Her Dad saw the cuts on her wrists. Why didn't he do more?...It's not the fault of musicans!

Geez......If we are in a so called cult and we all like my chem...tell me just one little minor detail........WHY THE FUCK ARN'T WE DEAD YET THEN?!
We are my chem fans
We love them
We love their music
We believe in them

Why arn't we dead?

If people don't understand that then they do really need to look beyond the surface of this problem and find the REAL causes for this because it's not music.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 18th, 2008 at 05:09pm
mcr saves lives. not takes em.
wtf. dont blame them
for all we know... mcr could have been what kept this girl from commiting suicide...
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 18th, 2008 at 05:12pm
Okay. SO im always sticking up for mcr.
so i dont believe that they are emo.
and i believe that there is a black parade, and im not emo....
its just a thing with my friends. we believe there is a black parade.
gerard is too sweet to lead a cult. honestly,
he is more soft spoken than he is on stage.
why dont people just cut them a break?
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 18th, 2008 at 05:13pm
Scentless Apprentice:
ARGH. I hate it when MCR are blamed for suicides and shit like that all the time.
For one, MCR ARE NOT EMO.
and two, MCR are ANTI-SUICIDE!
I saw this on a bulletin posted by Kerrang on myspace, and i was absolutely fuming. And its bloody typical that the Daily Mail got in on the act. They're always bullshitting about 'emo' and stuff like that. I really feel for the girl and her family, but seriously, the world needs to stop blaming stupid 'cultures', and especially bands that are wrongly named as 'emo'.
And that comment about The Black Parade being the nickname of a place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die... well, thats just absolute bullshit, I was crying with laughter and fuming until steam came out of my ears at the same time at that. It just proves that a lot of journalists don't do their research. I just wish that the world would stop all the shit about emo and things... although it's not gonna happen in a hurry, sadly.

While I hope that MCR don't get fully caught up in this themselves, I would hope that Gee and the guys have something to say about it, and if they do, i reckon theyre gonna make damn well sure that people think differently about it.

Kill Hannah:
If MCR were a suicide cult then I think all the band members would be dead by now.

Well said, my friend Wink

THANK YOU!
took the words right out of my mouth
Helena of Sorrows
Fabulous Killjoy
Helena of Sorrows
May 19th, 2008 at 02:48am
though i feel for the girl's death...it is sooo unfair to blame her death to emo and mostly to MCR...that is so ridiculous!!...we've been a fan way more longer than that girl became. honestly, i dont even consider this girl a fan, im sorry but, i think this girl only listened to MCR because she thinks MCR is emo, which is NOT.
This girl, has a mind of her own. even though she's only 13, she should've known what is right from wrong. She shouldnt let trends and any other shits she sees and read on the internet affects and rule her life.
as for the girl's parents, why blame MCR when in reality they are the one who deserved to be blame for their child's death. if they were good parents, they should've guided their daughter, and taught her that what she was doing was actually wrong. the girl showed her cuts to her father before her death right? but instead of doing taking some action, her dad only told her to not do it again..is that a good parent? i mean, he should've have stopped her from doing that.
if MCR promotes self-harm, suicide...then why on earth we are still alive!?! that its because MCR NEVER and NEVER WILL go tell their fans to "go slit their wrists".
MCR SAVED MY LIFE!!
MCR SAVED OUR LIVES!!
this news would NEVER make me give up my faith on the band. MCR will be FOREVER IN MY HEART no matter what.
Coincidental Fate
Killjoy
Coincidental Fate
May 19th, 2008 at 03:34am
This whole subject is so repetitive, how many times can the f-ing daily mail piss off teens everywhere. They're labeling and creating nasty prejudice for samey adults to feed on. I have self harmed before, when i as listening to mcr but the thing is i was confused and after listening to famous last words 166 times. I stopped self harming. The daily mail shouldn't talk about stuff they don't know anything about. No matter how cliched this message sounds, as another annoyed "emo kid" types in her train of thought so to sum it up:
MCR + Me = Feelin Better
Daily Mail + Prejudice = Angry teens sharpeing their eye liner.
Killslay-Steelclaw
Bleeding on the Floor
Killslay-Steelclaw
May 19th, 2008 at 04:30am
There are so many other reasons for suicide that I cannot begin to describe. For someone to hang themselves there has to be more than music behind it. My friend hung herself at the age of 16 in October 2006. There are always more reasons than we will ever know. She was not into my chemical romance but her musical range spread over everything from Alice Cooper to Johnny cash. If she had been into My Chemical Romance, I feel that the press would have jumped at the chance to attack the band again.

This line of attack on My Chemical Romance seems to be a new way the media has developed in order to attract mass attention to themselves. They know that any mention of My Chemical Romance will create great media hype. Even if the newspapers find themselves attacked from all angles, it has still generated press for the newspapers, in this business any press, be it bad or otherwise, is press that will ensure attention is given to them. The bottom line is, these newspapers are looking to achieve fame through infamy.

What we have to do therefore, is to remain strong and united against this but we must also try and resist talking about this too much. In this day and age this is how the media, namely newspapers, seem to be attempting to gain attention and by discussing this to the lengths that we do we are not really helping the situation.

All I can do now is to thank My Chemical Romance for helping me and so many others. I really feel for them and it is unfair on them to be labelled as ringleaders in this "emo suicide cult". We all know that this couldn't be further from the truth.

I feel that I may have to apologise to all of you. You may see my comments as something that is asking to you give up on this discussion. That I seem to blame you all for creating mass hype around this story. This is not the case. I know that you are only defending those you love and I commend you for this.

I hope that you all can see what I am trying to say and I thank any of you who read this. I any of you feel that I need to clarify, please feel free to reply, either on this topic or by sending me a message and I will endeavour to rectify or clarify.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 19th, 2008 at 06:29am

I feel really sorry for her family, but this is my opinion.

The family is scared and hurt. They feel like they need to blame something.

But really she had problems, to listen to a band for a couple of months, then comit suicide is just plain wrong.

Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
May 19th, 2008 at 12:39pm
I'll say it again: we obviously cannot trust Daily mail's description, we don't know anything about how it happened. Let's not get into who's the one to blame, and let's not say it was the parents' fault when we don't even know them, neither do we know this girl. It is just as stupid as saying it was MCR's fault.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
May 20th, 2008 at 03:16pm
I apologise if this issue has already been broached, or if this is the wrong thread for it, but...

I'm seriously wondering (as a Law student) why MCR's legal representation haven't taken a claim for libel over this.
Bittersweet Spell
Killjoy
Bittersweet Spell
May 20th, 2008 at 09:35pm
Pixie-Gates:
I apologise if this issue has already been broached, or if this is the wrong thread for it, but...

I'm seriously wondering (as a Law student) why MCR's legal representation haven't taken a claim for libel over this.

I agree but maybe they really just dont care. they do but they dont want to start stuff and its like grade school bullying. If they think you dont care they (might) stop but if they show that its really bothering them a lot it will provoke them in to antagonizing them even more
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 20th, 2008 at 11:00pm
Why?
WHY MUST MCR BE CONSIDERED EMO!?
Yes,
They sing about death, but they are ANTI SUICIDE.
Please.
Mcr is what's keeping me alive right now.
If I lived in the UK,
I'd go protest.
Bust seriosuly.
LEAVE MCR ALONE!
FUCK THE DAILY MAIL

oh yeah.
and I saw a video of gerard responding.
He had a crowd chanting "FUCK THE DAILY MAIL!"
oh that gerard...
good boy xD
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 20th, 2008 at 11:37pm
this deserves a big FACEPALM

oh.my.fkg.god

People Need To Stop Blaming Music. End Of Story. I don;t know whether to be sad or enraged. I'm sad for the girl & hope she's at peace now. all she needed was help. she saw the 'emo' community (which was really a suicidal community of depressed kids) as the only outlet for hee destructive emotions. the problem is that these communities encoirage only worsening of depression, not a cure for it. It's likeminded people gathering & pushing each other closer to the edge of the abyss. And all they need is people to talk to & who understand them

the problem is that instead of diagnosing & helping a troubled young person, all the public does is dig up more apparent problems, pointing the finger at all sorts of causes & COMPLETELy MISSING THE POINT. The POINT is that depressed or suicidal youths need bloody help & not your bloody finger-pointing.

i feel like crying & screaming right now. i'm so sorry for the girl that she was so misunderstood & far away from her parents whom i'm sure meant well but simply failed to connect with their daughter.
DemonLeaf
Bleeding on the Floor
DemonLeaf
May 21st, 2008 at 02:08am
Citizen Erased.:
Wow.....I didn't know I'm a member of a suicide cult! Did anyone else know?!?! Wow

LOL! ahh these people take things way out of context and exagerate a hell of alot i reckon her father should have taken her to a therapist or something coz that obviously wasnt normal behaviour
ahh that last part about the black parade made me laugh lol
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
Motor Baby
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
May 21st, 2008 at 03:41am
^^ haha, yeah i loled at that too =P
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 21st, 2008 at 04:14am
does anyone have that 'fuck the daily mail' clip? anyways im gonna go search for it nowww

(pats gee on the head) good boy, would u like a starbucks extra grande?
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
Motor Baby
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
May 21st, 2008 at 04:23am
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThKriP_t4k4 i dunno if this is it? (my computers to slow) but it might be worth a look?
Coincidental Fate
Killjoy
Coincidental Fate
May 25th, 2008 at 03:41pm
Hannah's parents must be feeling terrible, going through the stages, i think there should be less pointing the finger. Just more understanding.
I sound like a hippy lol! What is the black parade?
Teens everywhere feel constantly blue and music is a means of escape. Whatever musical genre, like Martin Robinson said, emo is not the enemy.
We're our own worst enemies.
Day Old Hate
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Day Old Hate
May 25th, 2008 at 06:12pm
Bittersweet Spell:
Pixie-Gates:

I agree but maybe they really just dont care. they do but they dont want to start stuff and its like grade school bullying. If they think you dont care they (might) stop but if they show that its really bothering them a lot it will provoke them in to antagonizing them even more

I thought that they wouldn't want to draw more attention to it... and take the high-ground. Or even leave it as a mark of respect over the dead thirteen year old that is in the middle of this mess...
I think a lot of MCR fans (not on this board) are forgetting that a young girl's suicide is what this is all about. Think of the family and friends Sad
blackparadeisdead!
Joining The Black Parade
blackparadeisdead!
May 26th, 2008 at 09:40pm
i have seen videos of the protest and it sounds like these people are gonna commit suicide! look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J_8eHeMWUc its really bad! i think a PEACEFUL protest would be good but please don't kill yourself! MCR doesn't want that!