Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
May 9th, 2008 at 05:00pm
Mikey Fuckin Way:
*cackles* >_> now we send that to The Daily Mail.......
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
May 9th, 2008 at 05:31pm
This is the stupidest thing in the world. I swear, if one more person blames MCR for the suicide of a teenager, I will go insane. They're trying to prevent suicide. Help people. Dumbass report. I feel for the family. The girl is the same age as me...
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
May 9th, 2008 at 06:16pm
What a load of bullshit.

We're all screwed.
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 9th, 2008 at 07:56pm
people can be so stupid. how many fucking times does mcr have to say they aren't emo?!
i feel bad for her friends and family,but if you were a parent and y kid was self harming for "fashion" wouldn't you be concerned,and try to help them? blaming music is fucking stupid.
Domenic
Killjoy
Domenic
May 9th, 2008 at 10:57pm
Haha:

The Black Parade is a nickname for the place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 9th, 2008 at 11:05pm
uhh terribly depressing.
it had nothing to do with emo, fashion, music, ect.
that girl simply had pain.
and mcr had nothing to do with it-if people even took half the time to ask dedicated mcr fans what the band means to them and the millions of positive lessons the band has inscibed in their soul then this kind of stuff wouldn't turn up in the media all the time.
instead they pick people who, like the article said, have listened to the band for two weeks and probly dont own all the albums and have misinterpreted the message the band is trying to send out.
the way they were defining emo looked like they were trying to give a 101 lesson of teenage culture to an adult-not even caring that the majority of people labled as "emo" are simply wearing clothes they like and hate the lable
eh-annoying
WouldYouMarryMe
Killjoy
WouldYouMarryMe
May 10th, 2008 at 12:37am
The Black Parade is a nickname for the place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die.

^^ That line there really burnt my toast >.>
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 10th, 2008 at 02:15am
I could rant about this. Oh, trust me, I could rant. But I'm going to choose not to.

I feel awful for the family of this lost daughter, but at the same time, I am outraged by the accusations made against a group of guys who wanted nothing more than to make a *positive* difference in this world through something they love as much as we do - music. And being labeled the leaders of a suicide cult just for trying to make a dream come true is just WRONG.

I can't imagine the guilt and devastation the guys are feeling write now, hearing that their music is being blamed for the death of an innocent "fan".

Personally, I believe there must have been something happening in this poor girl's life prior to her introduction to MCR's music to bring on these suicidal tendencies. Things like this don't just pop up in a "model pupil"'s life over a two week period based on a change in musical tastes. And "emo initiation"? Sounds like peer pressure to me.

... I'm devastated. And outraged. I simply cannot believe this.
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 10th, 2008 at 02:50am
Darkshines:
Wow.....I didn't know I'm a member of a suicide cult! Did anyone else know?!?! Wow

haha
i didn't know either!
wow guys, we should really all hop to it
our suicide rate surely isn't high enough for being a 'suicide cult'!
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 10th, 2008 at 04:43am
if this happened in september last year, why is it being brought up again now?
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
May 10th, 2008 at 06:10am
^ I think it's because on the page it came from, it said "Last updated, May 7th 2008"
"/
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 10th, 2008 at 07:15am
>_>; uhhh, this is shit. I feel for the girl and her family.
But, it was her choice to commit suicide. It couldn't possibly be MCR's fault. Can you imagine Gerard rocking up to a random 'emo looking' girl, giving her a tie, and saying ''Hi, I need to you hang yourself with this. Im the frontman of a suicide cult, I've heard you like my stuff, you so you have to kill yourself!''??

No.

And, apparently she showfather her scars and cuts. What type of father would shrug it off and think self-harm is okay as long as its for a 'fashion'? A very terrible father, obviously.
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
May 10th, 2008 at 08:05am
FUCK THE DAILY MAIL..

such an ignorant thing..
full of shits...

It's not MCR's fault...
the girl chose to end up her fucked up life..
and her fucked up parents kept on blaming this innocent band without knowing how these great five men tried and mess their lives just to save us...

we aren't a cult..
we're an army, right?!

wtf?!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 10th, 2008 at 08:18am
that article angers me.
I've been watching LOTMS today and repeatedly reinforced is the fact that "MCR saves lives". Ok i know that doesn't apply for everyone & it isn't particularly true for myself, but that is Gerard's vision for the band. I admit it's easy to take MCR the wrong way by just reading the lyrics but the lyrics are only a snapshot of the big picture- the lyrics are feelings captured in a particular time of Gerard's life but it doens't mean that life doesn't move on from there.

it was unfortunate that all the girl saw in this supposedly 'emo' subculture was just a 'fashion trend'. I'm blunt but it makes her death the least glamorous. She died for a fashion trend? gees, it would sound better if she killed herself for a proper reason she had.

now this is really 'Kill Hannah'...I guess we're trying to kill her more even after her death- now she's gonna be responsible for this 'emo initiation ceremony' that all the other crappy journalists are going to pick up on. WTF...initiation ceremony??!??? she got it all wrong.
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 10th, 2008 at 10:00am
well stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed

but somehow people just don't want to believe that mcr save lives
i think it's pathetic that journalists are so desperate for stories that they exploit suicide

if i hear one more story like this, i am going to have a fit
it's a disguisting, low thing to do
people are affected by suicide & it's a serious matter, yet journalists love to blame bands

he didn't even have his facts right!
he claimed their first single was WTTBP
try researching before pointing fingers
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
May 10th, 2008 at 11:38am
hydrokinometer.:
What a load of bullshit.

We're all screwed.

thatt's the stupidest bunch of shit i've heard in a while
holy moly
XxDead DivaxX
Bleeding on the Floor
XxDead DivaxX
May 10th, 2008 at 01:46pm
When people can't find anyone to blame, they point their fingers at the music world.
Bring.The.Words.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bring.The.Words.
May 10th, 2008 at 02:06pm
wow one page full of bullshit
it's really easy to blame music(/MCR) for '' those suicide incidents''
and wtf MCR isn't emo (well in my o^pinion)
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
May 10th, 2008 at 02:25pm
Here's the point I'd like to make out of this.

If she became what they like to call "obsessed" with My Chemical Romance then she would have known that the band does not condone self harm or suicide in any way. Two weeks isn't enough to become "obsessed" and wouldn't any obsession with that particular band mean that she would know the blantly obvious fact that they are against emo?

That's all I have to add.
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
May 10th, 2008 at 03:02pm
Question: Where were the parents? Why did they blow this off as just teenage moodiness? Why did they not seek help for her, or try to intervene? It seems like the parents are blaming music because they were not participating in their daughter's life.