Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
May 10th, 2008 at 04:12pm
Bess Houdini:
Question: Where were the parents? Why did they blow this off as just teenage moodiness? Why did they not seek help for her, or try to intervene? It seems like the parents are blaming music because they were not participating in their daughter's life.

i know, seriously! her dad should have done something right when he saw her cuts.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
May 10th, 2008 at 05:14pm
I actually couldn't believe my eyes when i read this.
the girl obviously had problems,end of. if MCR really was the reason that she killed herself then she still had problems because no mentally stable person would kill themselves because of a fashion or a band. The parents/teachers really should have seeked help when they found out she self-harmed instead of shrugging it off as a 'teen trend' thing.
The lack of research in this article is actually funny, 'the bands first single 'welcome to the black parade...' and calling MCR a suicide cult band, i mean seriously, the daily mail have really got something against MCR haven't they? xD

RIP Hannah
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 10th, 2008 at 05:24pm
I tried to control myself ...
I simply couldn't.
I could not contain my urge to rant.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
May 10th, 2008 at 05:47pm
demolition.loverxx:
I tried to control myself ...
I simply couldn't.
I could not contain my urge to rant.

Clap
my thoughts exactly, that rant owned.
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
May 10th, 2008 at 05:54pm
ToTheEnd.:
Bess Houdini:
Question: Where were the parents? Why did they blow this off as just teenage moodiness? Why did they not seek help for her, or try to intervene? It seems like the parents are blaming music because they were not participating in their daughter's life.

i know, seriously! her dad should have done something right when he saw her cuts.

The Daily Mail should be lampooning her ignorant parents rather than music.

But, blah blah blah. Everybody blames something else. Back in the 50s, people were blaming comics for juvenile delinquency and 'corruption of youth'. We haven't come a long way, have we?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 10th, 2008 at 06:49pm
Parents don't and won't do something straight away.
Self-harm and depression are very, very tentative subjects within a person and a family and need to be approached with caution, so as not to do anymore harm.
Besides, how do you know her Dad didn't pursue medical action? It takes two weeks for the NHS to give you a call back, let alone a freakin' appointment.
Don't judge her parents too quick. They lost their child and they didn't do anything to make that happen.
just jay
Killjoy
just jay
May 10th, 2008 at 07:51pm
Call me a cold hearted bitch but for some reason, I just can't feel sympathy for something like this. Stereotypes and scenes have just gotten too out of control and this is proof of it. Apparently since MCR carry the "emo" title with them so well because of assholes like the people who did this article, this girl thought she should kill herself, and it's a shame. She wasn't depressed. She had no excuse to kill herself. It was just stupidity on her part and her parents part. They shouldn't blame anyone except themselves. They shouldn't make them out to seem like great parents who tried to do everything in their power to keep their kid safe. Her mom supposedly "researched on the trend," found weird shit and did absolutely nothing about what her kid was watching. Her dad knew she was cutting and sought out no help. Why did they even mention their warped stance on "emo?" Or My Chemical Romance? What are they gonna do, prosecute them? This is just so ridiculous. Stand up and take responsibility. And I hope to everything that is holy MCR don't apoligize for this bullshit.

She was "following" MCR for 2 weeks; I've been a loyal fan for 5 years and there's thousands of people who have been fans longer than I have, and we're still alive. They cherry-picked their song lyrics for this news article and chose to make them sound negative. We'll choose ours the right way.

"I am not afraid to keep on living..."
Don Juan Triumphant
Salute You in Your Grave
Don Juan Triumphant
May 10th, 2008 at 09:00pm
fuck the daily mail.

it's truely sad that we live in a world full of stereotypical assholes
who label what they don't know and drive people to do things like this.
assholes who never actually take the time to understand the labels
that they are placing on people. assholes who say,
"You're not like me, you should die."
assholes who label people who aren't exactly like them 'emo'
and assume that they are part of 'suicide cults' and cause self harm.

i may sound cruel, but i totally blame the parents.
hannah obviously needed help, but they didnt get her any.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 11th, 2008 at 12:50am
I posted a killer response to the Daily Mail; of course they never put it up (fucking cowards.) My heart goes out to Hannah's family for their loss; I am not looking to attack them (how can I, as the parent to a teenager myself?) but the Daily Mail for their extreme bias against this band, and ignorance in general.
tabbyhamster
Fabulous Killjoy
tabbyhamster
May 11th, 2008 at 02:05am
This is stupid, if we we're part of a suicide cult there would be no fan sites or fans left since acording to the daily mail we'd all be to busy planning our suicide.
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
May 11th, 2008 at 07:35am
^yeah you're right there

It sucks to know that there are some people misunderstoods MCR's songs, and some people blames MCR for some suicide shits, c'mon MCR saves lives, and we all here on INO can prove that to them!

I am sorry for Hannah...
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
May 11th, 2008 at 07:44am
pansy_wolf:
1. they got lyrics wrong in that article
2. blaming MCR is complete bullshit
3.they got The Black Parades concept all wrong
4. they are actual scumbags for writing about some girl in this way
5. WTF is up with the -emo initiation ceremony?*
6. how can they call the girl emo, it's not actually politically correct,
7. Why are these teenagers death always down to mcr, when there is other band swho actually promotoe this kinda shit
8. THE DIDN'T RESEARCH PROPERLY
9. fuck em, fuck the lot of them
10. I can't wait to hear what gerard has to say*smirks*

and RIP, and i feel sorry for her parents, btu blaming mcr is bull

totally agree with ya
listen to your heart
In The Murder Scene
listen to your heart
May 11th, 2008 at 09:02am
i use to cut my wrist but it doesnt have anything to do with mcr.....my parents thought that it was mcr's fault but hell no!realizing that everyone hates mcr because of me,i stopped cutting my wrist and live a better life...........in fact,i think they saved my life in many ways...i just cut my hand because i was stressed and dont know how to solves my problems...
falling_short
Killjoy
falling_short
May 11th, 2008 at 02:47pm
I don't know why but this story seems so fabricated. Like maybe the parents did do something to the girl or the girl had issues and a lot of parents hate MCR and if the parents hated them they'd hate the fact that their daughter listens to them. And they know how the Daily Mail treats things dealing with MCR and "emo", So what if there's more to the story? The girl was depressed for some reason more than what they're telling. Whether it was the girl or something the parents did [divorce, abuse, etc.] and the parents were so ashamed of it and hated MCR so much they blamed the death on their music and told the Daily Mail and the Daily Mail reported it of course. It may seem far-fetched but at the same time very possible...
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
May 11th, 2008 at 06:56pm
Mikey Fuckin Way:

Hahaha. <3

I'm not going to make a long post about this because everything I want to say has already been said.
Fucking rediculous.
Anarchy.
Killjoy
Anarchy.
May 11th, 2008 at 08:23pm
Whoa.
First off...i cant stand it when people go attacking mcr or any band in that matter because of something like this.
Its her fault. It isn't My Chemical Romance's. Maybe if she would've been a fan of theirs longer the message Gerard says almost every show would've sunk in; if you're depressed or what not go get help and talk to someone.

And her mother and father should have also done something about it. If her father saw her cuts, he should have done something other than just say "stop. promise?" He should've known that kids will do anything regardless if their parents have told them not too.

And emo? I think that all music in some way is emotional.

Daily Mail- fuck you, and get your facts straight for once.

RIP

Oh and i absolutely can't wait till when mcr's "depressing", "suicidal" , music takes me to the "Black Parade".
Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
May 11th, 2008 at 09:57pm
Posted on the site
comment:
Hey, I'd just like to report that this article is grossly biased and false.
My Chemical Romance's entire mission is to save lives. They have stated this many times themselves, and it is common for fans of the band to report "MCR saved my life."
As for myself, their song "I Don't Love You" gave me the strenght to get out of an abusive relationship.

To directly quote My Chemical Romance "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." These words can inspire us all.

Also, the band's first single was "Vampires Will Never Hurt You", relased in 2002 and did not chart.

As for the last line, "The Black Parade is a nickname for the place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die." I got a laugh out of that. The Black Parade is a concept of our strongest memory. In the story of this album, a Black Parade is the protagonists strongest memory.

In short, My Chemical Romance SAVES lives, is not a suicide cult, and is a positive infulence.

Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
May 11th, 2008 at 10:09pm
One more thing to add....
My Chemical Romance SAVED my life.
I used to cut, I tried to hang myself, I've done alllll that shit.
Today, I'm happy to say that with the help of my religion, my friends, and MCR I haven't Self-Harmed in a year, and that I've been using MCR's music to reach out to people with problems like mine.

So, people need to get there facts straight, and if anyone around here wants to talk to somebody, I'll listen. ^^
Christa
Killjoy
Christa
May 11th, 2008 at 10:24pm
I hate the media. I hate it.

Freaking liars. Their pit bull crap was bad enough. "OMG pit bull attack" when it was a lab mix or a mastiff.

But THIS?

Blaming a group of amazing men who are trying to SAVE LIVES?

I hope MCR does NOT blame themselves for this. As for what he has to say...honestly? I hope that, by some miracle, he never finds out. I'm not sure he'd be quick to brush it off. Actually, whether or not he believes it's his fault, I have a feeling he'd wonder if he could've done something to help her. I really hope he somehow doesn't find out. Whether or not she was an MCR fan for long...she WAS one, even for just a short period of time. I think this incident has the potential to devastate Gerard; possibly the rest of the band, too, but I think it would bother him the most.

I can't believe the media took an amazing song like Welcome to the Black Parade SO out of context. But at the same time, I can believe it. Anybody who reports a labrador-collie mix as a pit bull in a dog attack story must be capable of that kind of nonsense.

End rant.
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
May 12th, 2008 at 12:44am
^^^
I'm guessing the band already knows about this. If Gerard knew about the anti-emo attacks towards "emos" in Mexico, they would've have been inform about this either by their lawyer or the record company.

I think it would bother him since the band is being pin-pointed as part of the blame for why she killed herself and being named one of the leaders of a "suicide cult", but not guilt because its not like he said in the songs or on stage "hey kids, if you hate life, go kill yourself" . The band has always been a positive influence and there's proof of that. They have thousands of fans that admit that the band have saved their life one way or another, against a girl who just wasn't thinking clearly about her decision and cause her to take her own life. Like mention before, music has always taken the blame for what's wrong with today's youth. Her parents should be somewhat responsible for not getting her proper help when seeing the first signs of depression and self harmed but losing a child to suicide is something that will always haunt them for the rest of their lives. Just the regrets of not getting her proper help and the thoughts of why she took her own life. It's sad, but some of this so called "emo" kids need to get it through their head that self-harm isn't fashion or cool, anyone that believes it is fashion, needs some serious help. This article is just going to bring more controversy and misunderstanding about what the band is really about.