Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 8th, 2008 at 06:15pm
haha lol i think i had 20 left was gonna say lots of love then i thought to hell with it
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
May 8th, 2008 at 08:40pm
I wrote this to them:

You know absolutely nothing about My Chemical Romance! My Chemical Romance for the past 7 years is a band that has been quoted say their a band "to save your life." Gerard Way had gone through so much in his life battling depression and addiction him and the band want to help kids. Gerard tells the fans that if their depressed to talk to someone and get help. They have save so many people's lives and gave them reasons to live! Just go on the forums of imnotokay.net or any other MCR fansite. Also, The Black Parade is not where "emos" think they go when they die. The Black Parade means death comes as the form of your fondest memory on earth. It is a concept album, a fictional story, which the underlaying concept is about discovering yourself and not letting people bring you down and not being afraid to keep on living. "I am not afraid to keep on living" -Famous Last Words.

Learn your facts before you write, you made yourself look like an idiot, to be honest.
Arithmetic Doll
Salute You in Your Grave
Arithmetic Doll
May 8th, 2008 at 09:04pm
The Black Parade tells us not to be afraid of death when it comes and we have our own parade or whatever it is that will come when our time is already up. Why do you fraking blame MCR for that? MCR is NOT EMO why do people label them that?
Danibabi!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danibabi!
May 8th, 2008 at 09:41pm
ugh... that situation is so unfortunate..
I really feel for the girl's family... i cases like that people are just looking for someone to blame for a tragedy.. music is probably the easiest and most convenient way to make sense of everything for them. It's completely ridiculous to suggest that my chemical romance was the reason for her suicide.. she definitely had other problems in her life that weren't properly dealt with...
That's such a sad situation.... i hope her family's dealing okay...

By the way, Romeo Montague, i LOVE your avatar :]
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
May 8th, 2008 at 11:47pm
this is freaking ridiculous. Why would they blame My Chemical Romance? A lot of people listen to My Chemical Romance that don't commit suicide. MCR is anti-suicide, they're helping people not to kill themselves but to keep on living. Frank said that the band's goal is to save your life. It's not MCR's fault, nor music's fault. This is so absurd. But I do felt sorry for her loss.

Fuck that daily mail they don't know anyththing, they suck.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 9th, 2008 at 01:18am

The Daily Mail will soon go out of business if the continue this.

They are going to/are losing readers.

And I never knew I was in a suicide cult. Thats pretty awesome.
Hang on, let me get my razor blade and initiate myself into the emo scene.

Rolling Eyes

Edit: I've been listening to MCR longer than 3 years. I must be getting near the end now.
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
May 9th, 2008 at 01:42am
Thats so sad, its too bad she didn't take some time to figure out her problems. RIP
And Dam article for blaming MCR
MCR=Saving lifes, Not cult/emo/suicide
michellehail
Thinking Happy Thoughts
michellehail
May 9th, 2008 at 02:45am
It's kind of hilarious how the girl's parents didn't bother to find out what was happening in the girl's life and what troubles she was facing. And now that she took her own life; they blame MCR.

For all you know it was because she didn't receive enough attention from her parents and wanted them to notice her.
This is ridiculous; they should find out the real truth before pointing fingers.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 9th, 2008 at 04:15am
Scentless Apprentice:
ARGH. I hate it when MCR are blamed for suicides and shit like that all the time.
For one, MCR ARE NOT EMO.
and two, MCR are ANTI-SUICIDE!
I saw this on a bulletin posted by Kerrang on myspace, and i was absolutely fuming. And its bloody typical that the Daily Mail got in on the act. They're always bullshitting about 'emo' and stuff like that. I really feel for the girl and her family, but seriously, the world needs to stop blaming stupid 'cultures', and especially bands that are wrongly named as 'emo'.
And that comment about The Black Parade being the nickname of a place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die... well, thats just absolute bullshit, I was crying with laughter and fuming until steam came out of my ears at the same time at that. It just proves that a lot of journalists don't do their research. I just wish that the world would stop all the shit about emo and things... although it's not gonna happen in a hurry, sadly.

While I hope that MCR don't get fully caught up in this themselves, I would hope that Gee and the guys have something to say about it, and if they do, i reckon theyre gonna make damn well sure that people think differently about it.

Kill Hannah:
If MCR were a suicide cult then I think all the band members would be dead by now.

Well said, my friend Wink

nice comment guys!bravo!

MCR is anti-suicide...

and IF MCR is a suicide cult..were all dead...but..hello...we're very much alive...and we are living it to the fullest!
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
May 9th, 2008 at 07:23am
I'm sorry but I blame the parents.

If you saw that your child had been cutting herself, then you would immediately do something about it. You wouldn't buy into some line your 14 year old daughter fed you about an 'initiation'!

Further more, the girl, Hannah, I'm sorry to say, is stupid for doing what she did. My parents would never of let me stay at my boyfriends house when I was 15 and in no way did I even contemplate suicide! That in itself is the most stupid thing I have ever heard!

Was I the only who noticed the lack of musical knowledge on the Daily Mail's part in saying that TBP was the first single by the band?

If they really wanted to throw some shit, they should have referred to Bullets or Revenge, because their content was a lot darker the TBP. With murder, death, sodomy, addiction and so on, that would've been more of a catalyst for a person to take the music the wrong way!

Instead some fat bastard with no modern musical theory sat infront of his laptop and composed this, looking for a scapegoat to blame.

We all know that TBP is a concept album with a positive message and if Hannah only started listening to them two weeks ago, then I agree with everyone here who said that the lyrics would not have had enough time to sink in.

Though I do feel sorry for the family and their loss, I do think that they should not be over-looked for ignoring the warning alarms Hannah gave them previously. Instead, to help them feel better about themselves, they want to play 'pass the buck' and blame MCR.

If everyone here took those undertones seriously, we all would've killed ourselves along time ago. Or there wouldn't be an MCR to begin with! It just doesn't make any sense.
Emo is a genre that has always had negative connotations and this is nothing new. It's just another sad fucking story.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 9th, 2008 at 07:38am
So I'm assuming the Daily Mail is some sort of tabloid trash and not respected journalism?

I agree with most everyone here -- the girl's parents are grieving, and in that grief they are desperately trying to keep the blame away from *them*. It happens so often -- a child commits suicide, they get in trouble at school, they are arrested, etc. -- but it's never the *parents'* fault. It's always the fault of the media, the music, the video games, and so on.

Parents are just not hands-on anymore. They get their kids up, throw them in school, when they bring them home they stick them in front of a television, let them watch/play anything they want, then get angry when the child emulates what they see. "But I never taught them that!" they say. Of course you didn't. You didn't teach them anything at all. You expect the schools and the television to parent your child.

I'm not going to repeat what everyone else here as said, other than to say that the "inquest" should have done a little more "inquesting" before he published that piece of tripe. I realize that MCR are not as mainstream as other bands, and that's okay. But to have them shed in a bad light in an international publication (which the Daily Mail now is, thanks to the interwebs) and presented as an "emo suicide cult" to me reeks of libel and presents them differently than they truly are.
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
May 9th, 2008 at 07:43am
'Everything to live for': school student Hannah Bond hanged herself not long after showing her father the cuts on her wrists as part of her 'emo initiation'

....Uh huh. Apparently she did believe that "emo" was some kind of a cult that required initiation, when in all actuality it's a culture that doesn't require self injury at all.

I think that this girl was fucked up and needed help from the beginning. Those parents are obviously not educated enough to know that their daughter needed help before it was too late.
Bunny Marie Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Bunny Marie Way
May 9th, 2008 at 08:29am
Why Cant people who dont listen to MCR just understand one thing....

Evil or Very Mad MY CHEMICAL FUCKING ROMANCE SAVES LIVES!!!!!!!!!!NOT FUCKING KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad WHY,WHY,WHY,WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! (coz they certainly saved me from become her...)
rainbow pieces.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rainbow pieces.
May 9th, 2008 at 08:33am
psychochip:
So I'm assuming the Daily Mail is some sort of tabloid trash and not respected journalism?

You'd be correct!
Citizen Erased.
Salute You in Your Grave
Citizen Erased.
May 9th, 2008 at 08:52am
Since when do you have to cut yourself to be "initiated" into emo culture.........?

I think the girl had problems to begin with. MCR doesn't need "fans" like that. I mean, look at all she said and did. She probably was mentally unstable.

I apologize for my cruelty.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 9th, 2008 at 09:21am
i feel sorry for her specially for the parents...life is beautiful...
qianthefirst
Joining The Black Parade
qianthefirst
May 9th, 2008 at 11:06am
I don't think the Daily Mail cares about the facts.
They probably 'accidently on purpose' put in all that crap about emos and MCR to sensationalise the story.
that just goes to show how corrupt they are.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
May 9th, 2008 at 11:08am
psychochip:

Pretty much, yeah. I could shit better articles. Shifty2
ToTheEnd..
Really Not Okay
ToTheEnd..
May 9th, 2008 at 01:20pm
What I am about to say will probobly end up really insensative and I apologise but this is just crazy.

This was not My Chemical Romance's fault.
It was her's.
Wait probobly no it wasn't, she probobly just felt pressured into doing it by wanting to be an 'emo'
It's not right for the parents to blame the band, and it's not right for a 13 year old to make a desicion like that.
The whole thing is wrong.

I posted this on The Daily Mails site

--
Why is this the bands fault?
She was listening to them for 2 weeks.
Such a long time for there 'deathly lyrics' to take effect.
This is not My Chemical Romance's fault.
It is anyone BUT the bands fault.

For the journalist who wrote this you have alot to learn.

My Chemical Romance do not promote self harm or suicide, that is just your narrow-mindedness.
Their songs and everything they stand for is to save people. That is there aim in life. Why would that encourage someone to kill themselves?

I really do feel sorry for the parents and everyone who knew her, but it is not right to take out your anger on a band that has helped so many people overcome things in their life.
--
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
May 9th, 2008 at 01:42pm
ToTheEnd..:
What I am about to say will probobly end up really insensative and I apologise but this is just crazy.

This was not My Chemical Romance's fault.
It was her's.
Wait probobly no it wasn't, she probobly just felt pressured into doing it by wanting to be an 'emo'
It's not right for the parents to blame the band, and it's not right for a 13 year old to make a desicion like that.
The whole thing is wrong.

I posted this on The Daily Mails site

--
Why is this the bands fault?
She was listening to them for 2 weeks.
Such a long time for there 'deathly lyrics' to take effect.
This is not My Chemical Romance's fault.
It is anyone BUT the bands fault.

For the journalist who wrote this you have alot to learn.

My Chemical Romance do not promote self harm or suicide, that is just your narrow-mindedness.
Their songs and everything they stand for is to save people. That is there aim in life. Why would that encourage someone to kill themselves?

I really do feel sorry for the parents and everyone who knew her, but it is not right to take out your anger on a band that has helped so many people overcome things in their life.
--

Clap You talk a lot of sense Smile