Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 03:21pm
DecimatedDreams:

Allison (The Rumour) said that it is just probably maintenance as her dad's site is on the same host and his isn't working either.

So there is a chance it isnt them.

i really hope so.
is that site like a wiki page, where anyone can edit it [cause i've just gone onto it again and all the information has been erased]?
ugh, these people need to find something better to do with their time.
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:26pm
^Yeah, I just erased all the info. I dont know how long it will last though.
Its just like a wiki page.
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:26pm
I hope so too Disgust

I think it is like a wiki page because a while ago I went on it and it had all the against the protest stuff, then it had nothing but them talking shit about the person who deleted all the stuff on the page, then it the protest bashing stuff was up again and now you say it's gone again. So yeah, it must be.

And yeah I agree, they are just twisted and sick. Why can't they do something else with their time. Use their insane thoughts to help out psychiatrists in their research, that would be helpful. Whilst that site is definitely not.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 03:32pm
if all of us could keep checking it at different times, and erasing anything that's been put up, that might help.
thanks electriceyes for deleting it this time :].

the people who post that crap are the sort of internet-facists that make me consider homicide...
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:37pm
Yeah, that's a good idea. If we delete it enough times they *might* get the point and stop posting it.

And yeah same here, I can't actually believe people are that sick, and over such small things that don't need to include or bother them if they don't let it.

No one is asking them to do or say anything about the protest, they could have nothing to do with it if they wished but instead they do that. Rolling Eyes
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:41pm
Once you delete it once and they realize it and fix it, you cant delete it again because they will block your ip address from being able to edit articles.
But, we would only have to make sure it stays erased for the next 6 days, so I think it could be doable. I mean seriously, how many times a day could they check it?

And no problem Very Happy
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:43pm
^ If they are paranoid psycho's they could check it alot

So let's hope they aren't XD And that they are only pulling a sick joke.

And I'm sure enough people will be willing to volunteer to edit it and clean off all of the stuff so we don't have to worry.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 03:50pm
^i went onto something on that site, and it says if you have an account on there, you can edit articles and in your account settings you can edit something so it makes it harder for them to/stops them from seeing and blocking your IP.

edit: All editors should create an account, it actually makes you more anonymous by hiding your IP in edit history.
that's what it says.
Cool
oh yeah.
we're not that easily beat down...

i dunno if by hiding your IP address that means they can't block it, but it's worth a try.
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:54pm
^ Yeah I didnt read that until after I posted so it was too late, but everyone else should try that.
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
May 25th, 2008 at 04:14pm
They already have it back up....
People have been editing it at least every 30 secs...
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 04:53pm
i made an account and i'm deleting their article periodically.

for anyone who doesn't know what's going on:

basically, some people have set up some article on insurgency wiki and this is where the 'mass-suicide' videos have spawned from.
they're trying to hack our www.whatthefrank.co.uk site and take it down
they've made their own www.whathefrank.co.uk site [notice, it has a 't' missing- yeah, they think they're clever] and i assume they're going to use this further to try to trick people into believing the protest is actually about committing suicide to prove a point.
if anyone sees this sort of stuff, don't retaliate, don't freak, it's just some sad people with nothing more to do with their time.

me and jenny have made accounts on the insurgency wiki so we can edit their page and remove all the stuff they have about [edited] on there. but they're putting it back up as quick as we're taking it down.
allison's gonna make youtube videos about the true intentions of the protest and about the fake whatthefrank [with one t] page.
and she's also been in contact with someone from NME.com, they're gonna post an article tomorrow about these hackers, and their fake page.

so, on the whole, www.whatthefrank.co.uk or www.youtube.com/whattheffrank are the only official protest sites.

www.whathefrank.co.uk is not official and is made by the hackers .

:]

it makes me mad, and i'm getting pissed by it, but if you think about it, we have so much good media on our side already. we have in excess of 700 participants already. these hackers left it a bit too late, i think...
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 25th, 2008 at 04:53pm
ignore
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 05:22pm
okay, scratch me and jenny erasing their article every two minutes, they've blocked our accounts.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 25th, 2008 at 05:33pm
Also;
Do not join anything on the (fake) site. Do not join the mailing list, the protest list, or anything.
DO NOT JOIN.

I REPEAT.
DO NOT.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
May 25th, 2008 at 05:35pm
do any of you think they pose a real threat or is it all just a sick/twisted/psycho internet hoax?

i'm gonna make an account to delete it now.
that site is disgusting.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 05:39pm
i think they're trying to pose a threat, but it's pretty lame if you ask me.
there's not much they can do now. we have 700+ people to attend the protest already. we have a load of media support.
all they have is a fake site, which they copied from us, and a few youtube videos.
they're probably doing this for their own twisted pleasure, but they really don't worry me that much.
i just don't want people getting the wrong idea about us and the true intentions of the actual protest.

anyways, karma's a bitch.
that's all i'm going to say.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 25th, 2008 at 05:42pm
Alright, they banned my account after I deleted all the stuff on their once. The page is covered in disgusting images now, so my advice to everybody here would be not to go look. >_>
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 05:45pm
^ yeah, i just saw it.
the anal stretching and mutilation i can take, but i saw something that looked like a baby soaked in acid, and i hot-footed it out of there.

does it sicken anyone else that the people who will be looking at that, and following the instructions in that article would probably think nothing of those images?!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 25th, 2008 at 05:47pm
Guys, I've started a YouTube profile: www.youtube.co.uk/whattheffrank.
It's 100% authentic and I'll be posting videos with vital information on there, so try and spread the link.
Day Old Hate
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Day Old Hate
May 25th, 2008 at 05:48pm
^^
Yeah... and they label us as the sickos.
I was looking through my history and clicked on it by accident...
...Urgh.