Jazz Hands
carolaisabel
June 4th, 2008 at 08:34pm
What is Anon?
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
June 4th, 2008 at 09:53pm
They're some online group thing that, among other things, was planning to protest the protest. They were responsible for all the mass suicide videos, and made a fake website which almost exactly mimicked the orginal whatthefrank.co.uk site (the url for the fake site was www.whathefrank.co.uk). A few of them showed up at the actual protest with anti-protest / -MCR signs, but eventually ended up joining in the protest. x]
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
June 4th, 2008 at 10:27pm
O I C you made this bigger cuz you wanted to see my reply to the posts above? lololololololololololololol GTFO

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Anonymous

^Best way to get it through your skull who they are :]

WARNING: SRS BUISNESS
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
June 4th, 2008 at 10:52pm
OhMyGee. I am so proud to be an MCR fan...
does anyone happen to have that video?
xXxJUDYxXx
Killjoy
xXxJUDYxXx
June 5th, 2008 at 03:04am
FUCK!
Anti-protest?
Man, that pisses me off so much.
I'm sure none of them have actually heard MCR, they just looked at their mostly-black clothes and thought: 'suicide cult band.'
Fuck them all!
We only need ourselves!
We don't need to fuck around with ANYONE who's trying to bring down ANYTHING we like.... including MCR!
xXxJUDYxXx
Killjoy
xXxJUDYxXx
June 5th, 2008 at 03:07am
Why are they doing this?

PS: signature of the month?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
June 5th, 2008 at 06:16am
Mrs.Halloween:

http://www.audiojunkies.net/
i think this is the source of the 'documentary' that's being planned/made..

Fake Fight:
Current TV was thinking of doing a documentary/special type thing on it.

Just to clarify, they're two different documentaries.

Also, my Dad emailed me this, he found it on the net and I liked it so I'm posting it here:

Pink Floyd...pay attention to the lyrics in "The Wall"...they are based on Roger Waters's personal life mainly (No, they are NOT based on LSD, or any other drugs, people)...And his lyrics are based on his 'emotions'..."Goodbye Cruel World"...sound like lyrics that are based on suicide?? In the movie "The Wall", Pink (the main character) is even cutting himself up at one point. Did, or does this make, Floyd 'Emo'??? Did it back in '79???

Finally, Look at Queen...Freddie Mercury in particular..him and MCR's singer seem very similar to me. I'd even say MCR are kind of like a Queen influenced band, yet MCR are knocked constantly, while Queen are seen as rock gods..makes no sense to me.
I feel bad for a band like MCR...no matter what the come up with next, or what musical direction they take in the future, they will forever most likely be seen as an 'emo' band. Yet, any band that was in their position back in the 70's, could do anything, and are modern-day rock royalty, and continue to make millions of dollars, and are 'a band of the people'...etc, etc.

Like I said, I am not raising the flag for MCR, or any 'emo' band, or anyone else. I really have never even listened to any 'emo' bands before. All music is 'emo' to me....I listen to music based on what mood i'm in, or what 'emotion' i'm feeling at that time. Lemme shut up now, before I myself, am labeled an 'emo'. =)
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
June 5th, 2008 at 06:57am
^Wow great find Allison! I think I mentioned '' The Wall' in one of the interviews I did over atDerry street but people kept interrupting so I have no idea who it was with (:Shocked)

Are we in this weeks Kerrang! I'm going to buy it later, I'm just curious XD
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 5th, 2008 at 07:37am
no it's not in kerrang! until next week :[ they seem to be slower than NME at reporting stuff
the protest is in NME though :]
carolaisabel
Jazz Hands
carolaisabel
June 5th, 2008 at 11:10am
I Am A Graveyard.:
They're some online group thing that, among other things, was planning to protest the protest. They were responsible for all the mass suicide videos, and made a fake website which almost exactly mimicked the orginal whatthefrank.co.uk site (the url for the fake site was www.whathefrank.co.uk). A few of them showed up at the actual protest with anti-protest / -MCR signs, but eventually ended up joining in the protest. x]

Thanks. they sound like idiots.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 5th, 2008 at 11:24am
Yes It's Me:
Why are they doing this?

PS: signature of the month?

They're doing this, in their own words, 'for lulz'. I asked them, and they said they're all just in it 'for the lulz and maybe to wipe out emofags'.

Sockdude also told us that he was doing this because he has no social life and has nothing better to do all weekend.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 5th, 2008 at 11:26am
^ Allison, so I take it there's two documentaries being made? Oh! That's cool.
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
June 5th, 2008 at 11:26am
^ Yeah but Sock Dude was awesome. Don't diss him XD.

And the 'anons' aren't actually that bad in real life. Yeah over the internet they are big bad bullies, but at the protest, they were just hanging out.

They are nothing to worry about or be annoyed at. They just have nothing else/better to do.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 5th, 2008 at 11:29am
^ Exactly.

They think they're so 'amazing' and 'tough' over the internet; they can do anything without fail, but in person they're just a bunch of softies.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
June 5th, 2008 at 12:27pm
ben bernanke.:
^ Allison, so I take it there's two documentaries being made? Oh! That's cool.

Two in the works, yeah.
Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
June 6th, 2008 at 08:56am
The Rumor:

Pink Floyd...pay attention to the lyrics in "The Wall"...they are based on Roger Waters's personal life mainly (No, they are NOT based on LSD, or any other drugs, people)...And his lyrics are based on his 'emotions'..."Goodbye Cruel World"...sound like lyrics that are based on suicide?? In the movie "The Wall", Pink (the main character) is even cutting himself up at one point. Did, or does this make, Floyd 'Emo'??? Did it back in '79???
[/size][/font]

Actually I really love that album, and I was shocked to see that in the comment sections of YT videos from the movie, they are labelled emo.
So no, in 2008, not even the greatest rock band in history is safe from that label.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 6th, 2008 at 09:40am
http://whatisemo.bravehost.com/index.html

has anyone seen that?
its set up by parents to warn other parents about the 'dangers of emo'
they use headfirst for halos, helena and deathwish along with some hawthorne heights and panic at the disco lyrics as examples of 'dangerous lyrics'

and they instruct parents of 'emos' to watch over them closely and they link to a support group called 'parents against emo'
gaah the ignorance of these people annoys me so much!
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 6th, 2008 at 10:29am
^rofl
"Would Elmo sing this?"
*plays From First To Last*
So if you're not into elmo you're emo.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 6th, 2008 at 11:27am
Chemically_Romantic:
has anyone seen that? its set up by parents to warn other parents about the 'dangers of emo'...gaah the ignorance of these people annoys me so much!
Here is the rant I posted in response to that.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 6th, 2008 at 12:43pm
Deb,

I so very much love you!!