Don't have an account? Create one!

Daily Mail respond to My Chemical Romance emo marchers

AuthorMessage
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 1st, 2008 at 10:36pm
im getting choked up just watching the vid =) (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mQjEd0xYD3A)

the vendetta masks made me smile.... This is the Best Day Ever, 1 of the best things to come out of d MCR community ever.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 1st, 2008 at 10:40pm
also thought i'd highlight this quote frm the guardian article, from a mom who is also a fan & has had a closer relaitonship with her MCR-crazy daughter bcoz of that.

"Emos are being portrayed as self-harming and suicidal and miserable and they're not. Since my daughter met the friends she's got, she's happy, she's got a social life, she's not suicidal, she's got confidence. It's about the music and being friends and having fun. I wanted to come here to say that, as a parent, I support what she does; [the band] are not cult, they're safe and I'm happy." - Vikki Bourne
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 1st, 2008 at 11:17pm
est. 6661:
It reached US news!

CNN.
The boys know!!!

They said that the boys had gone to an interview earlier and it showed a clip, and it's Gerard, Mikey, and Ray and they look downright estatic.

Gerard says

"I can't believe all those fans did that."
Ray: "I can."
Mikey: We have the best fans on the fucking Earth. There isn't any question about it.
Gerard: I'm so proud of all those kids that went out there. They stood up for what they believe in. That's the fucking point of everything we do. I'm so fucking proud.

Then it cuts back to the news going on about the protest, how many people attended.
Then it shows a few clips of interviews, and Anni saying about how when she's depressed she turns to MCR.

*cries from happiness*
Clap yayys
i'm so moved rite now. this is THE BEST time to be an MCR Fan.
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
June 2nd, 2008 at 12:42am
The Daily Mail’s coverage of the 'Emo' movement has been balanced and restrained

Umm, hmm, let's see...

Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo

Yup, there's definitely a balance of opinions there
and the whole "no child is safe" thing is very restrained

Well done, Daily Mail, your failure knows no bounds
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
June 2nd, 2008 at 01:18am
Well, I'd bet money that the MCR interview on CNN is nowhere to be found on YouTube. T_T I'd really like to see it, if it actually exists. I looked and looked...

But yeah, I'm still pleased as hell at how the protest went. I've looked through this forum and haven't found out if the Daily Mail has issued a statement or rebuttal yet. Anyone?

Oh, and I'm not from England, so I don't know. One periodical referred to the Daily Mail as a tabloid. Is that so? I was operating under the assumption that it was a reputable newspaper...
Danae
Always Born a Crime
Danae
June 2nd, 2008 at 02:48am
It looks like the protest went great. Clap I really wish I could have been there. All the pics and videos are awesome...just one thing bothers me though....

All the news articles about it...... they are still saying that we are fucking emo and it's pissing me off. No offense to the emos out there... but My Chemical Romance isn't (and never has been) emo, I'm not emo, and I'm sure alot of you out there aren't emo... I'm sick off all these ignorant bastards....

Oh well. Once again. I'm so proud of all you who went out to the protest and all you who supported it. It makes me proud to be a fan..... (yeah.... I wonder if the band will say anything... like OFFICIALLY)...I can understand if they didn't... but it would be neat (yeah, I'm using neat now... cause I am refraining from using the word "cool" to describe myself or anything to do with My Chemical Romance)

Long Live My Chemical Romance and all it's wonderful fans!!! Very Happy
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 2nd, 2008 at 02:50am
Deb:

We can agree to disagree, sure
Nothing personal against you, however Very Happy

Yes, we are off topic, so let's get back on topic: anyone find ANYthing about the supposed CNN interview?

i'm glad, because regardless of whether i agree with you on this or not, you are one of the people on this board who make a lot of sense, and in the past i've usually agreed with you.

and yeah, i'd really like to see that if theres a video =]
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
June 2nd, 2008 at 03:33am
All the news articles about it...... they are still saying that we are fucking emo and it's pissing me off. No offense to the emos out there... but My Chemical Romance isn't (and never has been) emo, I'm not emo, and I'm sure alot of you out there aren't emo... I'm sick off all these ignorant bastards....

I completely agree, and I thought I was the only one who got pissed off that all the protest-related coverage mentioned how they were defending "emo", when it was almost the complete opposite. And it's bothering me that they still find it necessary to label (but it's the media, and I know the media can be).

Oh, and yes, there was an article in my local paper about the protest. I live in Singapore. D: Needless to say, I was shocked that it got covered here. Oh, yeah, and they mentioned the protestors as "emo" too, and defending the "emo band, My Chemical Romance".

I wish that word never existed tbh. >.< No matter how much the original meaning has been warped.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
June 2nd, 2008 at 04:50am
Solitary Style.:
Oh, and I'm not from England, so I don't know. One periodical referred to the Daily Mail as a tabloid. Is that so? I was operating under the assumption that it was a reputable newspaper...

Yeah, it's a tabloid newspaper.
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
June 2nd, 2008 at 05:33am
i read it in some kiwi paper today and almost had a heart attack
but what you guys did.. you are all amazing =]
ily!!
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
June 2nd, 2008 at 05:40am
Well done everybody! : D
I'm so proud of everyone who organized and attended the protest.
Seriously, I'm so proud to be an MCR fan.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
June 2nd, 2008 at 05:46am
:]
The point of the whole march was to defend our band and ourselves against being wrongly accused and labled and in the end, what do they call us? Rolling Eyes
Crazyness.

However, you guys fucking rock. If I ever had a band I would give my left boob for fans like [us].
:]

*starts MCR chant*
kill-appeal
Killjoy
kill-appeal
June 2nd, 2008 at 07:37am
The protest was incredible. I am so happy I went and I just wish I could go around and thank everyone who was there for such an incredible day. When I read what the band (supposedly?) said, it brought tears to my eyes and me and my friends have been sending links to articles back and forth all morning.
Here is my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6xAF_hCWNk
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 2nd, 2008 at 08:24am
i'm so fucking proud of all the protesters.
and it made it to CNN news...with Gerard, Mikey & Ray???!?!!! my world...is really beautiful.
MissCandy!K
Salute You in Your Grave
MissCandy!K
June 2nd, 2008 at 09:51am
Does anyone have scans of those two other articles they said they published from the mother and the fans?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 2nd, 2008 at 10:07am
Chemically_Romantic:
you are one of the people on this board who make a lot of sense, and in the past i've usually agreed with you.
Thank you. Very Happy

Yeah, I hate to be this way, but unless a video or transcript form CNN surfaces, I am going to have to dub that a false rumour Sad Much as we'd all like to believe that that happened, it is a bit difficult for me to believe that only one solitary girl saw that, and that the story never surfaced again. Also, Gerard clearly stated that the band isn't giving interviews right now, so what would that interview have been for then?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
June 2nd, 2008 at 10:08am
^ Yeah, I agree.
It almost made it into my signature but then I was like, 'you're only believing it because you want to.'
Artbreaker
Salute You in Your Grave
Artbreaker
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:39am
Well done all of you, I'm so proud of everyone who was there. Those videos made me feel really happy. The good ones I mean.
I wish I could have gone so much.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:44am
People seen the Kerrang! pictures? Very Happy
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
June 2nd, 2008 at 11:45am
ben bernanke.:
People seen the Kerrang! pictures? Very Happy

Mhmm. x]