Don't have an account? Create one!

Daily Mail respond to My Chemical Romance emo marchers

AuthorMessage
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 1st, 2008 at 03:33pm
she was really nice, we were chatting to ther at the 02 in november and i saw her yesterday and was like 'we have to go say hi!' x]

she asks the best questions!
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
June 1st, 2008 at 03:35pm
^ Yeah she really does. They are like refreshing after being asked the same questions over and over again. I'm not sure about you, but I got interviewed about 5 times and they all asked basically the same questions, apart from her. That was amazing XD.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 1st, 2008 at 03:47pm
Am I hallucinating, or isn't Brigitte also the one who sat outside an arena once with a sign, requesting an interview that she'd been trying to get for six months, and Gerard decided to grant it in the hopes that her questions would be more interesting than any of the ones he'd been asked all day that day, and he gave her a great interview too, but she blew it in the eleventh hour by responding this way to G's remark that "Any of the other guys would've done the same thing" with "Well I really only wanted you, because you write all the songs." Wasn't that her? Someone told me that it was. If so, she will always equal epic fail no matter how much she tries to redeem herself in the future as far as I'm concerned. Do your homework, Brigitte, and learn some manners!
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 1st, 2008 at 03:53pm
i'm not sure, i've never heard that about her :/
and as far as i know, the brigitte we met yesterday hasn't said anything like that in any of her interviews with him.
she doesn't seem like the sort of person who'd say something that stupid x]

edit:
apologies, i just heard the interview again and she did say it, but not in the way that you said. She doesn't say it rudely at all.
It sounded to me that she meant it as a question, and he corrected her politely, stating that it was a common misconseption made by a lot of people.
He obviously didn't see it as a big deal, as hes done two more interviews with her since.
apologies again, she just really doesn't seem like the type of person who would say something like that because she hadn't bothered to research them, it sounded like a genuine mistake.
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
June 1st, 2008 at 03:59pm
I dont think it is her, Deb.
She's from Taste- It TV. Gerard usually loves doing interviews with her because she asks intelligent questions.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
June 1st, 2008 at 04:41pm
Brian Haner Jr.:
US Reports:
New York Times wrote an article
(you have to click "view full article" )
ABC News wrote an article

Neither of these bring up anything to do with the protest when I click on them. The first is an article from 1915, and the second is just a blank page with ABC at the top of the page...do you know what's happened?
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
June 1st, 2008 at 04:47pm
Anonymous were the best part of this to be honest
The dance-off ruled, fuck, those two kids could dance!
And the conga line was awesome

I'm so pissed I left before Brigitte arrived. Damn my timing.

Ooh, also a friend of mine just told me the protest was on Channel 4 News
Didn't say what they said though
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 1st, 2008 at 04:51pm
aha the conga line was bizarre XD
by the end i was so confused as to whether they were still against us or not :/
the dance off was pretty awesome though!

i knew channel 4 were there but didn't see it on tv :[
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
June 1st, 2008 at 04:55pm
Ugh, I fucked it up, hold on.
ABC Article.

just forget the nyt one i cant find the link i saw.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
June 1st, 2008 at 04:59pm
Thanks!
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
June 1st, 2008 at 04:59pm
The dance off was brilliant...I love the fact that the anit-protesters actually added to our protest rather than detracting from it!
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
June 1st, 2008 at 05:15pm
leaves of my remorse:

The fandom isn't falling apart, it's coming together. In Love

Make me cry more happy tears...

Oh.
My.
God.
I've said it before, and I shall say it again;
I've never been more proud to be a fucking My Chemical Romance fan... In Love
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 1st, 2008 at 06:52pm
Chemically_Romantic:
apologies, i just heard the interview again and she did say it, but not in the way that you said. She doesn't say it rudely at all. It sounded to me that she meant it as a question, and he corrected her politely, stating that it was a common misconseption made by a lot of people.

Whether it was her or not her, and the fact that he was nice about it has nothing to do with anything - Gerard is always nice. She said herself she'd been trying to get that interview for six months - that is ample time to properly arm yourself with the correct information about your subject, and the fact that she said it in what you deem to be a nice tone of voice does not make it any less of a slight toward the other four bandmembers, and it is in fact a very ignorant "mistake" to make - what band that you know of has only one guy writing, and everyone sitting around like trained monkeys?

I feel perfectly justified in making these harsh remarks, because I do what she does, and I will stay up all night if I have to to be very sure that I am not asking stupid questions or ones that have been asked a million times before. And if it IS her, how do you know Taste-It TV doesn't write her questions for her?
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
June 1st, 2008 at 07:49pm
I didn't mean that it wasn't insulting to the other band members, just that she probably didn't mean for it to be.
I agree with you that six months is ample time but it was only one thing she got wrong, granted it was a big and slightly obvious thing, it was still only one thing and i don't see why she can't be forgiven for one mistake. The rest of her questions are accurate and still a lot more interesting than what My Chem are usually asked. The way you said it was as though she was deliberately rude about the other four guys, and i just thought that was slightly unjustified.
She is a really good interviewer and i think it's a shame that your opinion on her is based solely on one mistake.

this is way off topic, i'm sorry if i offended you at all and....agree to disagree? Smile
imogen
Jazz Hands
imogen
June 1st, 2008 at 07:50pm
I'm really proud to be an MCR fan right now. Yesterday I was playing a show with my band and I wondered how things were going overseas with the protest. I sang along to my MCR cd's before we went to play so I could warm up, and it made me think of the protest.
I'm so happy it went well. Cheers everyone! <3 <3
Sonny Moore.
Fabulous Killjoy
Sonny Moore.
June 1st, 2008 at 08:15pm

Fans singing, the dance-off with Anonymous and the conga line
Best parts of the day in my humble opinion

Sorry the video quality sucks, my phone is lame
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 1st, 2008 at 08:17pm
Chemically_Romantic:
..It was only one thing she got wrong, granted it was a big and slightly obvious thing, it was still only one thing and i don't see why she can't be forgiven for one mistake...The way you said it was as though she was deliberately rude about the other four guys, and i just thought that was slightly unjustified...I think it's a shame that your opinion on her is based solely on one mistake...agree to disagree? Smile

I didn't say she said it in any particular way, I just said that she said it. I don't view that comment as a "mistake," I view it as a gross lack of professionalism - something I take very seriously as I am in he same field. It sounds to me like - no offense - you are giving her the pass because you like her, so I could argue that your opinion is also skewed. We can agree to disagree, sure, but I am going to continue to call things as I see them.

Nothing personal against you, however Very Happy

Yes, we are off topic, so let's get back on topic: anyone find ANYthing about the supposed CNN interview?
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
June 1st, 2008 at 08:46pm
After reading that post about MCR knowing about the protest, I just got so hyper! I'm so glad the boys saw your (the UK fans) efforts! I am extremely happy to be a My Chemical Romance fan! Although I couldn't make it to the protest, as I live in the US, I protested where I live; and I'm very proud of everyone who protested in the UK! You guys voiced your beliefs and made a difference. Good job you guys! :>
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
June 1st, 2008 at 08:48pm
well... i dont think that post was accurate.
I haven't found any other sources from CNN mentioning My Chem at all.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
June 1st, 2008 at 08:50pm
im so proud of my chem. and to be a part of their fan-base is incredible.
just thought i would say that. :]