Don't have an account? Create one!

Music

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 30th, 2008 at 06:32pm
heartbreak tragedy:
EITHER WAY, they did get leaked, and parents knew about them.
And yet, they STILL seem to think she is the perfect role model.
I can honestly see her ending up like Britney Spears, but thats just MY OPINION. and i am a very opinionated person.
But come on. she was laying across her father's chest! If you didnt know that was her father, what would you think? And did anyone ELSE notice that she didnt feel sorry about it until Disney complained?

My point is, her music&being on Diseny has the effect on parents that she is a good role model, when there are better ones out there
again
VERY OPINIONATED
What's wrong with Britney Spears? The way the media portrays her? You are aware everything you know about her is what the media says about her? Do you honestly know what she does or do you just follow what Entertainment Tonight, People Magazine, and Perez Hilton write? You don't know Britney, what she does in her spare time has nothing to do with her music anyways. Her music is good and catchy, admit it or not. You probably once upon a time ago liked her music.

You're getting mad about Miley for the Vanity Fair posing? She wasn't naked, she was covered the whole time. It's not like she flashed the cameras and told them to take pictures of her breasts or something. The picture set was very artistic, I think. It wasn't bad or anything. Showing your back isn't a bad role model thing, because face it, it's just a back. She's not on Girls Gone Wild. Of COURSE she felt bad after Disney complained, she didn't want to be put into bad spotlight for something meant to be artistically pretty.

As for the leaked photos, she's a celebrity. Leaks happen ALL THE TIME with them. Mistakes happen. Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days
================================
Good music is undefinable. You can't say what music is good and what is bad. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think that The Smashing Pumpkins have good music. My boyfriend disagrees and prefers Slipknot. 2 differing genres, 2 differing opinions. You can't say someone has a bad taste in music if you don't like them. It's just you who don't like them, it has nothing to do with whether they're truly good or not.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 30th, 2008 at 07:49pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
What's wrong with Britney Spears? The way the media portrays her? You are aware everything you know about her is what the media says about her? Do you honestly know what she does or do you just follow what Entertainment Tonight, People Magazine, and Perez Hilton write? You don't know Britney, what she does in her spare time has nothing to do with her music anyways. Her music is good and catchy, admit it or not. You probably once upon a time ago liked her music.

I concur. I used to love her music, still like it too.

Good music is undefinable. You can't say what music is good and what is bad. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think that The Smashing Pumpkins have good music. My boyfriend disagrees and prefers Slipknot. 2 differing genres, 2 differing opinions. You can't say someone has a bad taste in music if you don't like them. It's just you who don't like them, it has nothing to do with whether they're truly good or not.

I disagree. You can define good music by vocal/instrumental range and a number of other things. Although a lot of people say 'good music' in reference to what they personally like.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 30th, 2008 at 08:00pm
how does that theory fit in with surrealism? That has no conformity or rules, therefore it can't fit into any criteria to decide if it's good on not. Music is subjective,surely it's all in the opinion of the listener?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 30th, 2008 at 08:06pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
how does that theory fit in with surrealism? That has no conformity or rules, therefore it can't fit into any criteria to decide if it's good on not. Music is subjective,surely it's all in the opinion of the listener?

I guess it really doesn't. Although if anything can be considered good, then is anything good?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 30th, 2008 at 08:40pm
Eponine:
I disagree. You can define good music by vocal/instrumental range and a number of other things. Although a lot of people say 'good music' in reference to what they personally like.
But I can say Billy Corgan has good vocal and instrumental range. Does my boyfriend agree? No, he says he sounds like a drowned rat and his guitar playing is mediocre at best. It's all personal opinion on what is good and what is bad.

It's like saying "Oh MCR is the best band ever". They can't be because another person can just as well say: "Oh no, Taking Back Sunday is". It's alllllllllllllllllllll opinionated.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 30th, 2008 at 08:57pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
But I can say Billy Corgan has good vocal and instrumental range. Does my boyfriend agree? No, he says he sounds like a drowned rat and his guitar playing is mediocre at best. It's all personal opinion on what is good and what is bad.

It's like saying "Oh MCR is the best band ever". They can't be because another person can just as well say: "Oh no, Taking Back Sunday is". It's alllllllllllllllllllll opinionated.

Eponine:
Tallulah; Schechter:

I guess it really doesn't. Although if anything can be considered good, then is anything good?

Also, I wasn't talking about the biased opinions of you and your boyfriend.
Most people would agree that Mozart was a musical genius, but of course everything really is opinion.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 30th, 2008 at 09:17pm
Eponine:
Also, I wasn't talking about the biased opinions of you and your boyfriend.
Most people would agree that Mozart was a musical genius, but of course everything really is opinion.
But biased opinions are opinions none the less. It's all matter of opinion on what's good. It doesn't matter what bands they are, it's opinion.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 30th, 2008 at 09:31pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
But biased opinions are opinions none the less. It's all matter of opinion on what's good. It doesn't matter what bands they are, it's opinion.

Eponine:
but of course everything really is opinion.

I concede defeat okay?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 31st, 2008 at 05:54am
Eponine:

I might think that baroque music is 'good' but someone who prefers gamalan music or bangra might disagree with me and think their choice is 'good'. In my opinion it's all down to the individual. Personally i find surrealism dreadful but my work colleague loves it, he always has it on in his office when you pop in to see him.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 1st, 2008 at 01:36pm
Chris Martin:
KingRex:
I sure hope you have the decency that I have always shown you to respond

That sounds a little antagonistic. Do not make this discussion personal, since it bothers you that he has done that very thing. If he is mulling it over, fine. If he is too busy to respond, fine. if he is embarrassed, fine. I suggest waiting it out quietly while engaging with other members.

I only said it because its how I feel. I truly due hope the Golden Rule will take effect and thus I will hear a response. I was not trying to egg Miguel on. A number of times in the past if I ever made a good point (pertaining to the disscussion or not) Miguel rarely if ever responded to my strong arguement. Thus is the case why the World Peace thread died. No matter how one crazy the disscussion has been, I have always tried to responed as best as I can to ALL of Miguel's message. Is it to much to ask that he do the same to me?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 1st, 2008 at 06:03pm
Of course not - in a PM, and without the undertone that he is being indecent.
Your Ghost.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Your Ghost.
August 2nd, 2008 at 06:40pm
I think music really affects people because, i dont know about anyone else but, it helps say things that are hard to say in plain words. For me, music just makes me feel really accepted and that im not the only one feeling the way that i feel at that moment. And if that music makes you feel that way then its amazing music.
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
August 2nd, 2008 at 11:29pm
^^^^^ SAME 4 ME
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 3rd, 2008 at 12:10am
my_chemical_romance4:
^^^^^ SAME 4 ME

I run the risk of sounding like a bitch for asking, but if you'll please obey the rules and actually contribute to the discussion at hand or at least answer the spoonfed first post, you'll be taken much more seriously.
Ashley FRANCIS
Killjoy
Ashley FRANCIS
August 3rd, 2008 at 11:22pm
music can save your life if it really does relate to your life or what your going through it all depends on the point of veiw you look at life from
Mikey's_Glasses
Banned
Mikey's_Glasses
August 4th, 2008 at 07:53am
music makes me happy
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 4th, 2008 at 01:40pm
mikey's_glasses:
music makes me happy

Care to elaborate? Your not discussing much
we are broken.
Salute You in Your Grave
we are broken.
August 5th, 2008 at 10:39am
music (for me) makes me feel like im not alone. it has always amazed me how a song can make you feel so many emotions at once. also, it's weird how big of an impact a band can make across the world. like a band or singer from the US can make an impact in japan?!
i dont know but that has always sounded really cool to me. it always makes me want to be that band and make that big of a difference through my lyrics.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 6th, 2008 at 10:30am
Music can impact people they can listen to a song and know that others are going through the same crap they're going through. They know that those same people got out of the things that they are going through. So saying this yea....music CAN save someone's life, just to say they don't want to live anymore because of all the crap that's gone on in thier lives, but after lstning to a specific song or band, they seem to feel better.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
August 6th, 2008 at 11:48am
music has impacted me sooo much! its really made me the person that i am today. i used to be a little teenie who wore abercrombie mini skirts and tank tops. now i go to really cool shows (I'm going to metro station on sunday!) and meet awesome people (who also impact me)...music inspires me and really keeps me going...i know that it has the same effect on the majority of my friends too.