Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexuality - Homosexual, Bi-Sexual, Bi-Curious, etc.

AuthorMessage
Tikva
Fabulous Killjoy
Tikva
June 24th, 2008 at 03:57am
It is good to see that this thread has progressed the way that it has! It shows that there can be intelligent debate about these issues without God/s or religion being brought into it!

Hope the rest of this post isn't too confusing, as I have quoted a number of Members who have posted recently, with my responses to what was quoted.
Hell, I've met quite a few girls that have only had sex with another girl because their male friends liked it, and they wanted their sick male 'approval'. It sickens me.

Even as a heterosexual, and an Ex Prostitute, that sickens me too. However, my compassion goes to those girls, for they are most likely vulnerable to possible manipulation by those male friends. What's even sadder, is that these girls for some reason need that male approval.

I think Radio Saturday has touched on quite a key point:

"Sexuality is fluid, and that is beautiful."

This fluidity can be applied to so many areas of life, not just sexuality. We are forever growing, learning, discovering, etc., and such fluidity continues, even when you're an old granny like me!!
Secondly, sex (biological) and the act of sex are not removed from love. I mean, people are going to choose a partner based on their sex, aren't they? But this discussion isn't about sex and love, it's about sexuality, so I won't say anymore there.

I would beg to differ, as love and sexuality can be very intertwined, so say more if you like Smile
But what if they bring it out of the bedroom? Not so much holding hands or anything like that, but always talking about the fact that they have that orientation and, well, more or less defining themselves with it?

Not sure where I stand here, but I wanted to introduce food for thought.

Hmmm, have been thinking about this one. Maybe it is because of society itself ~ a society that would assume that you are heterosexual, unless you make it clear that you are not? Will have to give that some further thought though.......
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
June 24th, 2008 at 04:55am
i don't think it should matter at all. the only thing that should matter is how you feel about the other person
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 24th, 2008 at 09:44am
I think that, it shouldn't matter which sex people are attracted to, I mean its still love. Love is love. Funny how some of the people who are completely opposed to gay marriage are ok with wars and stuff like that. Its like saying, yes its ok to kill people, but if 2 people of the same sex are in love, then thats horrible. I just don't understand what is wrong with it.

Also, almost everyone, whether they are homosexual or not, has loved someone of the same sex (not necesarily romantically), so I don't think there is anything wrong with loving someone of the same sex romantically.

Oh, and I saw that comment about how homosexuality will "endanger the human race." Sorry, but that is possibly one of the most asinine things I have ever heard. Its not like there are that many people who are gay or lesbian to the point where humans can no longer reproduce.
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
June 24th, 2008 at 04:13pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7456588.stm
Hey, its my first time posting in here... what do you think about the article i just posted? It's supposed to be scientific evidence that your sexuality is not a decision but a chosen thing since before birth (if im making any sense)

With me, i hate labels. If someone asks me, "Are you bi, straight, or gay" i say straight and then i say how i hate "labels" Because right now, while i consider my self "straight" and im attracted to men emotionally and physically, if i ever fell in love with a girl, then i fall in love with a girl. I wouldnt be afraid...because id rather embrace love than deny and run away from it... *im a romantic.. and a beliver of love.. dont tease me i cant help it*

so..thats just my two cents
xXxCyanidexXx
Killjoy
xXxCyanidexXx
June 24th, 2008 at 11:00pm
Sexuality is not a choice, it's something born into. And even if it was a choice, most with a varied sexuality would never want to change it. As for the issue of a population crisis, we're overcrouded enough as it is. Let the fun of homosexuality fill the world with joy and rainbows, and we'll still be overcrouded. Might as well let everyone live life how the will, no restrictions. And let them enjoy it, don't hold anyone back.
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
June 25th, 2008 at 05:13am
Hobob:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7456588.stm
Hey, its my first time posting in here... what do you think about the article i just posted? It's supposed to be scientific evidence that your sexuality is not a decision but a chosen thing since before birth (if im making any sense)

when i said this... i think i worded it wrong.. i mean it proves that its not a choice but a thing born in to.. sorry if i confused or upset anyone.. i know its not a choice
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
June 26th, 2008 at 02:04pm
I don't know what's already been said, but I have some points to make.

1) As ChipmunkOnKetamine has said numerous times, being homosexual is not (a) an illness (b) "treatable" or ''cureable'' or (c) a danger to the human race.

2) I know several people have said this, but it's so important to remember I think I'll repeat it- being gay is no one's choice. I hope this doesn't sound terrible, but I think if most people were asked early in their lives whether or not they would be homo- or hetero-sexual, they would go with being straight.

3)I hope this doesn't sound like a religious arguement, but- religion is not an excuse to make a law. Sorry.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
June 26th, 2008 at 02:08pm
TIME Magazine published an article about the science of romance, and one of the main points in it was that it was hard-wired into human instincts to pick partners for their mating capabilities.
X-Choke.me.to.life-X
Killjoy
X-Choke.me.to.life-X
July 3rd, 2008 at 03:59pm
Hey im gonna join the conversation now.
I wanna let you know that i am bi.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
July 3rd, 2008 at 04:34pm
XOBlakParadeOX:
Hey im gonna join the conversation now.
I wanna let you know that i am bi.
this is a serious discussion, not just a "conversation". this thread is here for debate, so when posting here, really you need to make some kind of point. it isn't for discussing your sexuality or meeting up with other gay people or whatever, and it's just general courtesy to get some context before posting something which could be totally off topic if you're not careful. :/
yahyah, this is a rant, but the old thread was FILLED with spam and I'll murder something if it gets that stupid again.

and really, it shouldn't matter WHAT you are on here, you're allowed to have an opinion anyway. That's one of the things that really bothers me, is if people assume that since you're straight or whatever, you're not allowed to talk since you obviously don't know anything.
really, there are a lot of ignorant gay and bi and transpeople out there, too. it's not like because you're queer, you're automatically not stupid.
I mean, yes, you may have firsthand experience, but you may not, and there are plenty of kids who are bullied because people assume they're gay, or anything like that.
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
July 3rd, 2008 at 06:54pm
personally, i'm mainly attracted to males, but i'm open to the idea of a relationship with a girl... i don't identify myself as 'bi' or 'straight,' mainly because i get too annoyed with labels, as they get you into too much trouble.. i identified myself as bisexual before, but then other bisexual people confronted me about it and asked me how many girls i've been with. when i answered none and that i'm merely attracted to girls and guys equally, they told me that i'm not 'bi' i'm just 'bi-curious'... yes i am curious to know what it would be like to be with a girl romantically, but then again i am curious to know what it would be like with a guy also... i guess in my argument i can only go on attraction alone, as i am not ashamed to admit that i am a virgin and have never had a romantic relationship.. so i can't really say how valid my argument on relationships is, for my point of view seems a little naive.. but i can say that i'm open to a romantic relationship with anyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, etc, so long as we are able to get along and hold one another's interest...

as far as the capability of same-sex parents being able to raise a child 'right'.. i believe that all depends on the personalities of said individuals, and whether or not they are ready to take on the extreme responsibility of being parents.. it can go both ways; the couple could be mature enough for a child, or they could not, regardless of gender... if there is a child from heterosexual parents who is in a bad way, nobody ever looks at the arrangement of the couple... no one ever says that it's because the mom and dad were attracted to each other that the child turns out the way they are... but if a child of a homosexual couple is in a bad way, the main focus is on the sexuality of the parents... again, it all goes back the maturity of the couple, if they are ready to raise a child...

i was raised mainly by my mother, as my father left when i was very young.. i have 6 aunts and 3 uncles, and numerous cousins (as you can probably imagine)... 5 of my aunts had their husbands leave them and had to raise their children on their own.. as a result, me, my brother, my sister, and all my cousins were all raised with one another by a team effort from my mom and aunties.. i have male cousins, and none of them really ever felt 'disadvantaged' to not having a male figure around to raise them, as they were all instilled with the proper morals, lessons, and responsibilities of their person from their mothers... i think my mother and aunties all did a fantastic job of raising their children virtually by themselves; they were all nurturing when they needed to be, and stern where discipline was needed.... in the end, isn't that all that defines the 'masculine (father)' and 'feminine (mother)' roles in a 'normal' family unit: the father is there for discipline, and the mother is there for compassion? i don't see how two people of the same gender can't still apply those roles to their own children...
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
July 4th, 2008 at 03:21pm
It's frightening how many people pretend to be bi, especially girls, just for attention or approval from guys, some of whom find this "hot". When you do meet a person who actually is bi or gay, they never get taken seriously, and I think that's an effect on how things like sexuality can become popular trends. It's like, all the "cool kids" are bi, and if you're straight, you're boring.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
July 4th, 2008 at 04:06pm
^ Where I live, it's not even accepted, so people are freaked out, avoid you, and make comments if you're gay. Not to mention the number of people who people say "are gay", or just the general non-acceptance and intolerance against homosexuals. People just need to grow up.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 4th, 2008 at 10:44pm
dee dee ramone.:
It's frightening how many people pretend to be bi, especially girls, just for attention or approval from guys, some of whom find this "hot". When you do meet a person who actually is bi or gay, they never get taken seriously, and I think that's an effect on how things like sexuality can become popular trends. It's like, all the "cool kids" are bi, and if you're straight, you're boring.

Exactly, I hate this too. So many people, especially younger girls, treat bisexuality and lesbianism as a trend. I'm not sure about younger guys, because I've never actually met a 13 or 14 year old that has called themselves bi or gay.

I know this sounds really horrible, but when I hear or see a 13 year old girl proclaiming her bisexuality, I can't help but be skeptical Neutral
That doesn't mean she isn't, that's just me being cynical about the whole thing.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 5th, 2008 at 05:55pm
dee dee ramone.:
i agree, I honestly think more people claim to be bi because either A, they want to be different, wich is fine or B. they look up to someone who is fine with bis or is bi.

But how many girls on here saw Gerard and Frank thought it was hot and decided they wanted to be like that too. i think that just being bi has become a fashion statement.

I honestly don't care what sex someone is, if I like them, I like them.
Eye Of Pisces
Fabulous Killjoy
Eye Of Pisces
July 5th, 2008 at 10:55pm
I'm bisexual and proud.
Ive seen a lot of homophobes.
I came across someone on this site, and she posted something about "being straight for dummies", and she put it on a picture of GERARD WAY.
I found that really offensive. But she took it lightly. She said she was bored. It's no excuse, there are tons to things you can do other than that.
It pissed me off.
Eye Of Pisces
Fabulous Killjoy
Eye Of Pisces
July 5th, 2008 at 10:58pm
Woop!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 6th, 2008 at 03:52am
Mikey Fucking Way:
I'm bisexual and proud.
Ive seen a lot of homophobes.
I came across someone on this site, and she posted something about "being straight for dummies", and she put it on a picture of GERARD WAY.
I found that really offensive. But she took it lightly. She said she was bored. It's no excuse, there are tons to things you can do other than that.
It pissed me off.
well I don't think she was trying to offend people who arent striaght, she posts it alot. I'm bi too. but i realize that if thats the least someone says about homosexuality, then it ain't that bad. But I realize why you would be pissed. But I mean if someone jokes around and post a pic of Gerard holding a straight manual, i'd rather have that then where a gay person gets shot because of there sexual orrientation
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 6th, 2008 at 04:19am
I can see why the whole picture of Gerard could be offensive, but I honestly don't think you're meant to take it that seriously. If you have a problem with the person who posted it on this site, then take it up with them and tell them it offended you (over PM) instead of talking about it here... it would probably be more productive Shifty2

blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 7th, 2008 at 03:55pm
As the majority of humans are heterosexual I tend think that homosexuality is a mutation in some gene, keep in mind that is from a purely scientific view of it. Do I think there is anything wrong with it? No. It's a kind of mutation like having an oddly shaped birth mark, or having different colored eyes. (I'm not sure if different colored eyes are a mutation or a result of shared dominancy)