Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexuality - Homosexual, Bi-Sexual, Bi-Curious, etc.

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 12th, 2008 at 09:52pm
I noticed some people are swaying toward religion and homosexual rights etc... which was actually what this thread isn't about Wink
There's a homosexual rights thread for people to discuss religion and same sex marriage Mr. Green

Tikva:

2. There is to be absolutely NO Religion, or religious basis for any post in this thread. Any posts which do so will be deleted or ignored.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 12th, 2008 at 10:06pm
Sorry I forgot about that for a moment.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
July 12th, 2008 at 11:17pm
i've heard alot of people say that homosexuality was something that society created, because its not as frowned upon as it once was, it still is but not as much.

but its been around since the b.c. era. many Roman emperors had male lovers (some younger than they should be =/ but thats not that point) and Alexander The Great was gay or bisexual, he had a wife and he was in love with (if im not mistaken, correct me if im wrong) the general of his army. i think its something that you're born with in some cases, and in some cases i think it is a choice, i think it can go both ways and i think curiousity is healthy
Fall To Peices.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fall To Peices.
July 12th, 2008 at 11:29pm
I think you love/like who you like. People can't help it when they fall in/out of love. I have no control over the girl that I like and I'm okay with that.

Also, sorry for straying from the subject a little while ago I just kind of got caught up in that particular subject.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
July 13th, 2008 at 02:45am
Ghostgirl191:
i've heard alot of people say that homosexuality was something that society created, because its not as frowned upon as it once was, it still is but not as much.

but its been around since the b.c. era. many Roman emperors had male lovers (some younger than they should be =/ but thats not that point) and Alexander The Great was gay or bisexual, he had a wife and he was in love with (if im not mistaken, correct me if im wrong) the general of his army. i think its something that you're born with in some cases, and in some cases i think it is a choice, i think it can go both ways and i think curiousity is healthy

Yeah! That's true. And the Ancient Egyptians also had a lot of homosexuality. It's been around for years and years/
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 13th, 2008 at 03:01am
AmyPoptart:

Yeah! That's true. And the Ancient Egyptians also had a lot of homosexuality. It's been around for years and years/

And pirates. most pirates had gay lovers.
There are also gay animals. Which completely disproves that it is a choice, because animals don't think in the same capacity as humans. (It might be a choice in some cases, though I tend to think not.)
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 13th, 2008 at 06:35am
Eponine:
Most girls have best friends that are girls, that doesn't make them a lesbian.

I didn't say that it made them a lesbian. What I said was that it could be possible that in younger years, the amount of members of a certain sex that a child is with for a long time could influence perhaps his/her outlook on sexuality for their teenage years.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 13th, 2008 at 07:02am
Morgenstern.:

I didn't say that it made them a lesbian. What I said was that it could be possible that in younger years, the amount of members of a certain sex that a child is with for a long time could influence perhaps his/her outlook on sexuality for their teenage years.

Perhaps, but I find that unlikely. Most children tend to stick to the same sex. You remember cooties?
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
July 13th, 2008 at 08:50am
Eponine:
AmyPoptart:

And pirates. most pirates had gay lovers.
There are also gay animals. Which completely disproves that it is a choice, because animals don't think in the same capacity as humans. (It might be a choice in some cases, though I tend to think not.)

Yes! That's very true.
I know it sounds weird, and it may not be completely true, cos my cat hasn't had a lot of 'experiences' (for lack of a better word) but my cat is a boy and he only ever 'humped', i guess other male cats. Was never interested in female cats. lol.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 13th, 2008 at 09:06am
Eponine:
Perhaps, but I find that unlikely. Most children tend to stick to the same sex. You remember cooties?

Not really, that's not heard of much in the UK XD
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 13th, 2008 at 09:13am
Morgenstern.:

Not really, that's not heard of much in the UK XD

Aah well, this is all lost in translation. >.< : ]
Most children in America tend to think the opposite gender is a contagious disease.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
July 13th, 2008 at 10:40am
^ We get that here in Australia too. Haha.
Kids are so cute...
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 13th, 2008 at 10:41am
AmyPoptart:

Yes! That's very true.
I know it sounds weird, and it may not be completely true, cos my cat hasn't had a lot of 'experiences' (for lack of a better word) but my cat is a boy and he only ever 'humped', i guess other male cats. Was never interested in female cats. lol.

Male animals who 'hump' each other could very well be doing it to assert dominance instead of being "gay". It's quite common. And not just amongst males, but females too, but for some reason it's not as noticeable. I have three dogs, and both the female dogs always 'hump' our only male dog xD. It's quite amusing to watch, but anywho. My guinea piggies also do it haha.
But it's completely normal.
Fall To Peices.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fall To Peices.
July 13th, 2008 at 02:02pm
Thats besides the point....lmfao.
But I really don't think in matters what gender you hang out with the out come will is stay the same.
Aubrey Urine
Killjoy
Aubrey Urine
July 16th, 2008 at 07:00pm
Okay so heres my take on homosexuality.

Being anything but straight is what most people consider "cool" nowadays.
I've noticed that alot in my school and it kind of enrages me.
I'm gay, and when people starting hearing about it they hated me.
Serious hate crimes went down and all that jazz.
Then maybe a few months later, I noticed alot of people that had hated me for it were now "bisexual".
Many of the girls would try to have sex with me, because most of the people who hated me were girls.
It confused the hell outta me.
I mean I had gotten death threats and then a few months later the same people would try to get into my pants or act like none of it had ever happened.

I think its mostly medias fault for the fact that pre-teens/ teenage girls consider that cool.
I also beleive that most of the population has at least considered being gay or bisexual.

It just pisses me off that people think its cool, and claim to be something they're not.

Also, being gay is NOT a choice.
I did not wake up one morning and decided to only date girls.
I was born with that mindset.
I've known what gender I've liked since I was about 5.
So do not tell me other wise.

My opinions are always up for debate.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 16th, 2008 at 09:48pm
Aubrey Urine:

I think its mostly medias fault for the fact that pre-teens/ teenage girls consider that cool.

Why do you think it's the media's fault?
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
July 16th, 2008 at 09:55pm
Aubrey Urine:

Also, being gay is NOT a choice.
I did not wake up one morning and decided to only date girls.
I was born with that mindset.
I've known what gender I've liked since I was about 5.
So do not tell me other wise.

I agree. I can see how people can think it's a choice, and maybe that may be the case for some people. But not everyone.
Like you, my best friend is gay, and he's always known. He never liked girls. Remember in pre-school how we'd always play games and you'd get married? He'd marry a boy. And he's just always known he was gay. It wasn't a choice.
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
Fabulous Killjoy
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
July 16th, 2008 at 10:45pm
I feel like there's three types of ways you're gay:
1. You're born that way
2. Somewhere in your life you realized you were that way.
3. Only one person of the same gender does it for you.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 16th, 2008 at 11:47pm
xDarkenxUrxClothesx:
1. You're born that way
2. Somewhere in your life you realized you were that way.
3. Only one person of the same gender does it for you.

1. But what is it in you that makes you that way, is it simply DNA, or a difference in the brain development, or what?

2. Not all people know they are gay from the beginning and they realize it later in life, it doesn't mean they weren't gay from the start.

3. Even if that was true, I don't think a person would choose to be with someone of the same gender if they are not gay.

and another point:
A person might have had some traumatic experience with the opposite sex and so choose to be with someone of the same sex.
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
Fabulous Killjoy
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
July 17th, 2008 at 04:16pm
That all makes a good point, I'm just speaking from experience of what people I know that are gay/bisexual tell me.