Don't have an account? Create one!

General Q&A

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 28th, 2011 at 08:18am
pierre bouvier.:
techie question Very Happy

I've bought all my apps from a store - not through iTunes, but it came in a package deal from the store I bought my phone in. Basically they had a whole bunch of paid apps installed in their computer, plugged in my phone, and downloaded all their apps into my device (this is not any jailbreaking process, and my phone is not jailbroken). It works fine, and all, but I can't transfer any of them into my iTunes, as my iTunes store account was not the one used to download these apps, hence I am not authorized to transfer these apps into my computer.

But now I want to upgrade to iOS 5, and apparently it will wipe my phone clean of apps (so it says in the various warnings that pop up). Is there any way (a software perhaps) that will allow me to store all these pre-bought apps into my computer, let me download iOS 5, and put them back in? It would be a shame to lose all of them.

Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks!
3 suggestions:

1) Try going to your iPhone folder when plugged in and go to the directory: Folder/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications/ and see if you can copy/paste them onto your desktop, and then either into itunes or into your iphone folder after you update, with the same directory

2) if you have 2 computers you can try this here, but reading through it I'm not sure it would work because it makes it seem like you need to have bought the app first. Worth trying though, I guess

3. Go back to the store and see if they can do anything for you there
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
November 24th, 2011 at 08:45am
suggestions on what to buy to a 25-year old guy for christmas??
i haven't known him that long and we've only been a couple for three weeks so it's really hard to think of something to give to him. i suck at gifts, i have absolutely no clue what to buy.
help?
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
November 24th, 2011 at 09:35pm
If they smoke, you could get him a zippo engraved with the date you started dating or something?
Depending on how serious you guys are or you see you guys being.
One of my friends does that gift a lot anyway.
Hmm, all I can think of are things you guys might bond over. Even just something that made you think of him.
It's the thought that counts. (:
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
November 26th, 2011 at 10:54pm
Paint It Black:
suggestions on what to buy to a 25-year old guy for christmas??
i haven't known him that long and we've only been a couple for three weeks so it's really hard to think of something to give to him. i suck at gifts, i have absolutely no clue what to buy.
help?

You can never fail with clothes. A few nice t shirts isn't too serious or too expensive and it's something he'll obviously like. ( who doesn't like new clothes Wink )
CinemaSpeaks
Bleeding on the Floor
CinemaSpeaks
December 10th, 2011 at 07:51am
Recently I've been interested in "Levels of fandom,"(not necessarily just with music and bands.) The best outline I've found so far is : this But has anyone else found something similar or better? Should I start a thread to discuss it?
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
December 11th, 2011 at 04:39am
Whoa... I haven't logged on in months, what happened to WAYT?

edit; chamber WAYT.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
December 12th, 2011 at 12:54am
it's all happening:
Whoa... I haven't logged on in months, what happened to WAYT?

edit; chamber WAYT.

it was locked indefinitely.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
January 6th, 2012 at 05:13pm
Every picture I try to upload for my avatar, it says it's too big. I've tried over 100 pictures and still it says that about every picture.
Why is it doing this for all my pictures?
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 6th, 2012 at 06:07pm
S-C-A-R-E-C-R-O-W:
Every picture I try to upload for my avatar, it says it's too big. I've tried over 100 pictures and still it says that about every picture.

because it's too big...max size is 100pixels by 100pixels, and 20kb. Try resizing.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
January 6th, 2012 at 06:12pm
Idris:
S-C-A-R-E-C-R-O-W:

because it's too big...max size is 100pixels by 100pixels, and 20kb. Try resizing.
Okay...
Thanks Very Happy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
January 9th, 2012 at 03:32pm
If someone gets banned from INO, what are they banned from? The entire site, or just the forums?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
January 9th, 2012 at 04:08pm
S-C-A-R-E-C-R-O-W:
If someone gets banned from INO, what are they banned from? The entire site, or just the forums?

Everything.
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
January 22nd, 2012 at 09:24am
ignore, sorry!
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 31st, 2012 at 05:38am
I'm looking for websites with inspirational/funny/clever quotes but I can't seem to find any good ones.
Help? (:
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
January 31st, 2012 at 06:15am
i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you could try some of these
inspirational
funny

sorry if it's not what you're looking for.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 31st, 2012 at 01:41pm
thank you! (:
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
February 3rd, 2012 at 06:58pm
So I was wandering around StumbleUpon and came across this picture.

I fell in love with that hair color.
Any thoughts/advice on how to get it? My hair's a medium brown color. Any help is appreciated. (:
marley.
Awake and Unafraid
marley.
February 4th, 2012 at 06:49pm
I'm going to be planning a trip across a few counties in Europe in the summer, and as I've never done anything like this before I've been looking for a website or something that will help me plan my journey.
However, the only ones that I can find that allow me to do this are American, and as I would be starting from Scotland, they aren't really helpful and don't give me an accurate price guide.

Does anyone know of a good website or something similar that I could use?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
February 5th, 2012 at 03:43am
tripit

That's the first one I found - not sure if it's any good?!
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
February 5th, 2012 at 03:44am
heartstrings.:
So I was wandering around StumbleUpon and came across this picture.

I fell in love with that hair color.
Any thoughts/advice on how to get it? My hair's a medium brown color. Any help is appreciated. (:

You need a red hair dye but one with some purple undertones. My suggestion would be to print out the picture or save it on your phone and go to a supplies shop like Sally's and ask their advice. Or do the same with your hairdresser.