Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard on Teenies

AuthorMessage
XxXImXxXNotXxXOkay_
Killjoy
XxXImXxXNotXxXOkay_
December 10th, 2006 at 07:34pm
Lmao! Nice!!

I think that they are all hot..BUT I love the music, and the message to!! See? I love it all!!!!!!
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
December 10th, 2006 at 08:10pm
I hate teenies. That statement kicks ass.
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
December 10th, 2006 at 09:19pm
lovex2xhate:
Doesn't it annoy you when people "marry" MCR members over the net. ITS SAD AND ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. www.43things.com/things/view/119274

see sad people

disturbed by website *shiver*
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
December 10th, 2006 at 09:22pm
That is very annoying and disturbing.
When I went to their concert in NJ last year, there were 2 preppy girls there with Mrs. Gerard Way hoodies. I find that dumb.
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
December 11th, 2006 at 02:19am
^wow...that's creepy
k..two points:
1-I knew i loved mcr before i ever saw them. their message is so clear, and it's put in a way that is accessible to everyone, without having to be completely upfront (i hope that makes sense to everyone else). It's just a nice perk that the band members are quite attractive. you can't take that away from em'

2-I think it's quite ironic that Gerard says it pisses him off that there's all these people (hopefully just girls?) that only like the band because they want to fuck him, but he is certainly not helping that cause by having fake (i hope) orgasms on stage and grabbing himself everywhere (not that most of us mind). yes...we can all say it...TEASE. I'm sure it's completely on purpose but it just makes me laugh. such a twisted sense of humor...
loveneverwantedme
Killjoy
loveneverwantedme
December 13th, 2006 at 02:15pm
rock on gee! yeah teenies are freakin annoying. . . and then after they read stuff like this they are all like "well mcr sucks because we have no chance in hell with gerard"
Life'sx_xAx_xBitch
Killjoy
Life'sx_xAx_xBitch
December 13th, 2006 at 02:58pm
xx_mcr_princess_xx:
There's this chick in my class and she's such a teenie for MCR. It annoys the shit out of me. She is always going on and on about how hot Gerard is and everything when she has never listened to their music. Yes. Gerard is extremely attractive but so are the other 4 members =D

In the U.K, at my school, I got 'I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love' for christmas, I thought the world of this c.d. So one day I took it into school, this one boy screamed 'goth' at me and the posers followed. Due too their sucess with 'Black Parade' everyone at my school is in love with the band, just the band not the music just objectefying(if thats a word) them. It's wrong. And the worse part is, That boy and his 'friends' who called me goth is going to see them in concert, at wembely, on march 25th. I can't go.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
January 3rd, 2007 at 06:33am
Chemically_Possesed:
My thought is this. No one likes a teenie. They were a little more accepted 10 years ago when boy bands were the "it" thing, but they definitely don't belong on the punk rock scene. However, for as many people as there are who helped MCR gain popularity simply by their music (me being on of them...yeah!), there are just as many people who just noticed "sexy Gerard" and started buying albums and merch and shit. and even though those are not the people who the music is meant for, they have a big part in elevating the band to the popularity they have now.
-please don't read this the wrong way, I am in no way pro-teenie-rather the opposite
I just happened to come across the thought of the irony, and was amused.....

I agree totally. You took the words right out of my mouth. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who has posted thus far, but personally for me, I don't really see what the hype is about. If you love their music, if you see beyond their attractiveness, if you really appreciate them, then good for you. You're a true fan of their music.

But that doesn't mean that there won't be people who can't see beyond their appearance. If they can't decipher and pay attention to the message behind MCR's songs, and you can, well then more power to you.

There're BOUND to be teenies. I'm not pro-teenie too, but it's just something that all major bands cannot escape.
Mush
Bleeding on the Floor
Mush
January 3rd, 2007 at 08:13am
hotel-bella-muerte:
yeah. i get it now. go gee, he so rocks. i liked their music way before i liked how hot they were.

teenies are shitheads. yeah!

Me too. (:
Mush
Bleeding on the Floor
Mush
January 3rd, 2007 at 08:16am
Chemically_Possesed:
My thought is this. No one likes a teenie. They were a little more accepted 10 years ago when boy bands were the "it" thing, but they definitely don't belong on the punk rock scene. However, for as many people as there are who helped MCR gain popularity simply by their music (me being on of them...yeah!), there are just as many people who just noticed "sexy Gerard" and started buying albums and merch and shit. and even though those are not the people who the music is meant for, they have a big part in elevating the band to the popularity they have now.
-please don't read this the wrong way, I am in no way pro-teenie-rather the opposite
I just happened to come across the thought of the irony, and was amused.....

Mm-mh. Your right.
bluepens
Killjoy
bluepens
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:09am
I've just spent quite a lot of time reading these posts and what everyone seems to be missing is the fact that the band are well aware that their image is a large part of their popularity, be it with 'teenies' or those who believe they like the band purely for 'the music'. Image is a massive part of any band, no matter how they try to deny it, it is part and parcel of what attracts people to them. Honestly, would people really like them as much if they wore plain jeans and tshirt rather than a bullet-proof vest or military uniform? The whole show would lose it's spark, there would be no drama. There's a reason that they asthetically transformed for The Black Parade. The band knew that it would attract attention, because they really are all a lot more handsome nowadays. And coupled with the music, it has helped this record become such a great success.
Personally, I disliked MCR both for their music AND their looks before TBP, though in true 'teenie' fashion I bloody loved I'm Not Okay, who wouldn't eh?! But I then heard Welcome. . , considered it a pretty good intro to a song and thought little more about it, not being a fan. Then I saw Gerard Way sporting the short blonde hair, and thought 'goddamn that is one goodlooking man!' Which in turn led to me actually *listening* to Welcome. . actually going out and buying the record because I thought it was a brilliant, epic song. I love every song on the album, and i even picked up 3 cheers in the hmv sale and take back everything I said about MCR being 'rubbish emo-crap'.
It kinda upsets me that Gerard would put down fans who want to 'fuck' him; they are no willing to go out and spend their money on the band, they are still his livelihood. It was only because I recognised that he is well and truely fit that I got into the music, and I dont see anything wrong with that. Any way that can get kids to listen to what they have to say is good by me and , generally, most people grow out of the whole 'OMFG I WANT HIS BABIES' thing. There's nothing wrong with wanting to fuck someone you find attractive or inspirational, it's perfectly natural. Crushes are there to prepare people for real relationships after all. Only you learn to be more subtle about it once you see that it makes you come across as a tad sychophantic. . .

Jeez that's turned out as something of an essay, ooops!
Love to y'all innit x
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:15am
well think of how you would feel. even in a different context...say you were an artist. say you poured your heart and soul into everything you drew, say you were amazingly proud, say all your art meant so much to you. it was the most important thing in the world.

then say that half the people who want to look at your art in galleries, who want to buy originals or prints to hang in their homes...they only want to do so because they think you're hot.

it's kind of disheartening for people to only "appreciate" your work because of your physical features. sure, it's flattering, but it still seems a bit depressing after a while.
bluepens
Killjoy
bluepens
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:40am
Yeah I see what you mean, but i figure if looking good is a way to get people to listen to what you have to say and appreciate it, then that's not all bad. Plus it is a lovely added bonus for the fans Smile
They know how they've touched people's lives and helped people so much. I've only been aware of what a good band they are for a very short time, but in that time what's most surprised me is how much they've touched the personal lives of their fans. They really do seem to be a band that can save your life i suppose.
For me, a band isn't just the music: it's the look, the live show, the interviews, what they wear and say. Obviously good music is the foundation that it's all built on, but when all the rest falls into place too it signals the making of something brilliant. And unfortunately, with that always seems to come the people screaming for the hot lead-singer. But the screaming girls are the ones who allow the band to reach a much wider audience and become more popular because they are effiectively funding their records. If it wasn't for them going out and buying the records and the merch then it's likely that there would be no Black Parade.
And in the end, girls getting crushes on you is part of being in a band.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:56am
^^ That was well thought out.

Oh, and welcome to INO!
bluepens
Killjoy
bluepens
January 3rd, 2007 at 10:06am
Thanks! *waves and does a little dance*

Although reading what I wrote back I've come to the conclusion that I think about these things waaay too much hehe.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
January 3rd, 2007 at 10:10am
LOL.

Don't worry I believe it's the same for everyone of us here!
bluepens
Killjoy
bluepens
January 3rd, 2007 at 10:37am
hehe that is nice to know!

I'll probably not be quite so serious in future though, it just annoys me a little when bands and their fans (ooh that rhymes!) make an issue against people who have crushes on them. I mean i'm pretty sure I read somewhere that gerard used to stalk Chistina Ricci or someone? Heh. And though I do hate to admit it, there are always times when I just would quite like to post an 'OMG I sooooo would innit!!!!!1!L!jk!' Smile

But before I destroy all credibility of the original point, I shall shut up! xx
Quack
Fabulous Killjoy
Quack
January 3rd, 2007 at 11:42am
I heard MCR on the radio before i actually saw pictures. As soon as i heard tht song (cant remember which lol) i knew i luvd thm! So i kept listenin and waitin for the name of the band and jumped on my comp and started listenin.. THEN i found pics and yeah, they ARE hot but if they were mingin i'd still love thm Very Happy
MyChemSavesLives
Killjoy
MyChemSavesLives
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:15pm
me too. I fell in love with their music before i had ever seen a picture of them.

Love is the red of the rose on your coffin door
What's life like, bleeding on the floor?
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:44pm
Yeah, my story is a bit like this. I saw the Not Okay video on Fuse right when it first came out. No one in my family/friends is into that sort of thing. I just watched and said 'holy shit, that dude is scary.' but I was strangely drawn to the music. I forgot about the whole thing, then a few years later (this past october), I heard WTTBP playing somewhere. I almost fell over. I went home and looked it up, only to find out it was in fact MCR, and the "scary dude" I had seen 2 or 3 years earlier. See, it's the music that should matter. I didn't have to see a teenie photo of them and go "OMG, they're so effing HOT!! I have since stopped being afraid of Gerard. Very Happy I actually quite love him now, along with the other 4 wonderful people who make up this earth shattering band!