Gerard on Teenies

AuthorMessage
HANNERhopscotch;;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HANNERhopscotch;;
May 8th, 2006 at 02:27pm
hotel-bella-muerte:
Two Shots:
Meh. Since we're talking about it, Gerard was hot when he was chubby, long-haired and had blood on his face. I don't like the "tanned" look =T

i totally agree. being chubby made him very sexy. for some odd reason. Very Happy

i know chubby people are SMEXY! i dont know why, i always go for short people too. probably cuz im 5"4 and i hate feeling small... im like a vampire-hobbit-bunny- thing...
HANNERhopscotch;;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HANNERhopscotch;;
May 8th, 2006 at 02:38pm
Dani:
He's not talking about teenies. He's talking about fans in general who take it too far. Like a shitload of people on this website who are now too ashamed to admit it because of this statement.

Just another reason why this board pisses me off. The hypocrisy.

kinda harsh, but you're right. im way too obsessive. but i don't care what ANYONE looks like. its their personality and talents.
daemonxdreams
Killjoy
daemonxdreams
June 26th, 2006 at 07:20am
calm.... calm...

teenies are put on this earth for one reason.

to laugh at.

now everyone loosen up and breath!
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
June 26th, 2006 at 09:22am
^uh huh. you got a point.
.the.it.kidd.
Killjoy
.the.it.kidd.
June 26th, 2006 at 09:42am
I hate being 14, I get seen as a little "teenie" who only wants to fuck Gerard Way.

I love the music.

Not Gerard.

I don't even no him.

x
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
June 27th, 2006 at 05:26am
J_Dagger_Valentine:
I couldn't agree more with what he said. My band may not be famous, but we have the same philosiphy. No drugs. No groupies. Just music, friends, and if you're a fan, you go under 'friends' catagory, and I don't sleep with friends.

Yeah our band is the same way too.

Danielle, I'm glad you spoke up before I did because I wouldn't have been anywhere near nice about what was going on. And to be honest I don't see what the big screaming deal is about.

So Gerard said something pertaining to the fact he's not interested in boning as many girls or guys (mustn't be sexist) as possible. So what? It doesn't mean he's going to hate everyone that thinks he's sex on a biscuit or that you're suddenly better than said people because you don't yell things like, "OMG I wanna have your baby!" because everyone is guilty of that at one point or another including me. Just because you're not doing it over MCR (or you are and say you're not) doesn't mean it hasn't happened. And it does not make you a bad person! I cannot stress this enough.

Yes it's a little annoying when some people take it too far but those people are human and all humans make mistakes or have aspects of their personality that we don't agree with.

Also it was quite a few pages back but I'd like to give a big thank you to whoever included the quote from Ray and Gerard about the elitist attitude. It's nice to know that other musicians find that disheartening when fans treat other fans badly simply because they've listened to the band longer. I know it's not fun when that happens and it's ridiculous at any rate (lets face it I've been listening to HIM for 4 years but still can't pronounce any of the guys' names right, that doesn't make me the elite).

I think I'm going to get down off the soap box before I fall and break my neck.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 27th, 2006 at 09:55am
[color=#ff3366][size=1100Okay, I just read all the pages in this thread to get a better idea of what a "teenie" is. (No, I didn't know, shut up).
I think it's stupid. I don't think I could ever out it into words what I think about this issue.

guns go bang!:
teenies are kinda unfair.. they like gerard, frank, mikey because of their looks.. they often times neglect bob and ray..

I totally agree with that post right there^.

I understand what my brother tries to tell me about what I think about Jacob Hoggard. I love that kid. But I feel the same way now that I did before he was famous. Like when he was on Candian idol and was still a nobody.
But that's off topic.

When I first heard My Chemical Romance, it was on t.v, but there was no video ( wierd music channels on satellite t.v) and I fell in love with them. I was listening to them on there for God knows how long before I knew waht they looked like. Alot of these "teenies" are also the ones who bought music by My Chemical Romance, so if we got rid of them all, how much success, as far as sales go, do you think My Chemical Romance would actually have? It just sickens me to know that there's a high percentage of people out there who only like this band, because Gerard is "uber hot", and that there may not be as many people out there who actually give this band the respect they deserve for doing what they're doing as I once thought there was.
My Chemical Romance had become a huge part in my life, and if they were all to lose the hair on their heads, gain a hundred and eighty pounds, grow long scruffy beards, and wear skirts, but continue to make the music they have been making for the past four or five years, then of course I'm still going to be one of the first in line to get their new album.

I don't see how people have the balls to sit there and pretend to be a fan of anyone just because of what they look like.
But when you think of Paris Hilton...she has "fans", but for what? Her success? In what? I can say I like her, because she's hot. But other than that...nothing. I'm not a fan, per se, of anything she does. I could respect her if this singing thing works out okay for her though, I must say. I've never heard her sing, so I'm not going to rush out to get her album, because she's pretty.[/color][/size]
-X-Alex-X-The-X-Ripper-X-
Killjoy
-X-Alex-X-The-X-Ripper-X-
June 29th, 2006 at 02:56am
I don't think he said this, but on this topic...

I really hope that no one thinks I'm a teenie and just dreams of getting into Gerard's pants.

Hell no.

I love the music.

Gerard saved my life.

He's a great, great man and that's why I love him. Not because he's hot.

I mean, I do think he's very attractive, and I would...yeah, if I was older or he was younger, but I love him for what he has to say and his personality, not his looks.

I wouldn't care if he was the most uglyest man walking the face of this earth, I would still love him. ^-^
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
June 29th, 2006 at 07:41am
yeah, ^^^i agree.

and teenies are very annoying. i hate them.
gabbagabbahey
Jazz Hands
gabbagabbahey
July 2nd, 2006 at 08:48pm
that quote gives me even more reasons to love this man and the things he does to help people...
asshole.
Jazz Hands
asshole.
July 2nd, 2006 at 09:10pm
hahahaha
nice to know that he has the same views as me.
:]
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
July 2nd, 2006 at 09:19pm
-X-Alex-X-The-X-Ripper-X-:
I don't think he said this, but on this topic...

I really hope that no one thinks I'm a teenie and just dreams of getting into Gerard's pants.

Hell no.

I love the music.

Gerard saved my life.

He's a great, great man and that's why I love him. Not because he's hot.

I mean, I do think he's very attractive, and I would...yeah, if I was older or he was younger, but I love him for what he has to say and his personality, not his looks.

I wouldn't care if he was the most uglyest man walking the face of this earth, I would still love him. ^-^

AMEN!!!!!
Bloody Love
Really Not Okay
Bloody Love
July 2nd, 2006 at 10:56pm
i love this band because they are so down to earth and they dont act like they are famous i dont even think they look at them selves as famous they love what they are doing making music they are great guys their music is way awesome i think their looks are a plus,

also if you think about it if gerard mikey frank bob or ray were not in a band or not famous and walking down the street and you saw them you would not think of them as so hot and sexy and run up to them telling them you want to sex them on the spot, you probly would think the were some wierd person who likes to wear eyeliner and black. (which there is nothing wrong with that)
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
October 20th, 2006 at 12:50pm
Ha
Gerard and Teenies don't mix well
Very Happy
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
October 20th, 2006 at 03:34pm
teenies scare the hell out of me. theres one in year seven she comes running up to me to talk about how hot gerard is. ive learned that when i see her i am to run away very very fast
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 20th, 2006 at 03:40pm
you wanna call me a teenie? take a look at other bands i listen to, that also mean a lot to me:
Rise Against
Bouncing Souls
The Clash
Bob Dylan
The Beatles
Dragonforce
Helloween
Iron Maiden
The Smiths
Joy Division
and so on...
uh...i don't find any of them attractive, and yet the music still means a lot to me.

there's nothing wrong or teenie-ish about thinking someone's attractive....oddly enough, it's human nature. these guys are years older than me, i think the idea of stalking/pursuing a relationship with any of them is fucking crazy. but i still think they're physically attractive... and there's nothing wrong with that.

liking a band soley for/mostly for their looks is being a teenie. liking a band and happening to find them attractive is not.

i've fallen asleep with my ear next to a speaker playing this band, i've been brought to tears by their songs, i've listened to them at my lowest lows and somehow made it out alive. and none of that has to do with a pretty face.
MyOwnImmortality:
I couldn't agree with you more. The majority of the people on this thread seem to contradict themselves and not know it.

Maybe some just don't know what hypocriticism means. Wink

*hypocrisy.
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
October 21st, 2006 at 07:16am
So fucking true...
I got to know My Chem through only one song... The most known song out here, I'm Not Okay (I Promise). But then, I haven't even seen the vid. I loved Gerard's way of singing, the guitars, the drums... I just loved the song. A little while after that, I bought Revenge. And I loved it so much, that I bought Bullets too. And it wasn't for the looks of the band, it was for the music. For the lyrics, for what they played, for what they said.
Yeah, off course, the guys are good-looking, but that's just an extra... I love them for their music, for what they say. Because what they say is right and I respect it. They helped me make my own opinion.
Yesterday, I bought The Black Parade, and I love that album too. Its songs are mature, beautiful and pure. I often think it's a combination of the previous two albums, because some of the songs are fast and agressive.
My Chemical Romance saved my life twice, and that has nothing to do with their looks, but with what they say, with their music and their lyrics.

Edit: But I must really admit this one: I kind of freaked out when I saw The Black Parade was sold in the cd-store out here... Maybe that was because I wanted to hear the rest of the songs so bad (I'd only heard Welcome To The Black Parade) that I couldn't really wait until oct.24th...

Altough it would be nice having a boyfriend who looked like one of them... *hides underneath table*
cobrastarfish
Thinking Happy Thoughts
cobrastarfish
October 21st, 2006 at 07:41am
Who cares how they look?! the play awesum music! but offcourse its a plus that they look good too but the music is all that matters to me. it really helpes me when i feel down. (=
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
October 21st, 2006 at 09:13am
*sigh* ive heard the saying "teenie" before. when i was a green day fan.

i keep tellin ppl, I AINT A TEENIE!!! yess,, gee love IS hawt, but their music is meaningful. i love their MUSIC. im 12... since october 12th... me and frank were both born in october which means we like taking chances and are unpredictable.

UNICORNS!!

i went off topic....

teenies are fun to laff at. and tease. u ask them if they heard the song "Chemical" and theyre like "yeah" but there aint no song called that! idiots....
Naughtville
Bleeding on the Floor
Naughtville
October 21st, 2006 at 01:33pm
Damn right Gerard, damn fudgin' right.