Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard on Teenies

AuthorMessage
~Frankie'sGirl~
Killjoy
~Frankie'sGirl~
October 21st, 2006 at 04:29pm
As much as I agree with what Gerard is saying, I don't like how all teenage fans of MCR are categorized as "teenies". I am a teen and I love MCR. Sure I think Gerard is sexy, but I also love thier music and what's behind it. I love the message of thier music. Does it make me a teenie just because I think the guys in MCR happen to be good looking? I hate labels to begin with, but especially the label teeny. When I first heard MCR, I fell in love with them for their music, the fact that a lot of the guys in the band were (and still are) good looking meant nothing to me.

Sorry if that seemed like a rant, I just really hate being categorized as a teenie because I am a minor.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
October 21st, 2006 at 05:54pm
^ Believe me hun, I do too. I lot of people think I'm a TEENie because I'm 13. We should make up a new word for them...
Dwight Schrute.
Really Not Okay
Dwight Schrute.
October 21st, 2006 at 07:29pm
YAY. :]

I've seen this before.

I was just talking to my friend about going to their December 8th show, and she doesn't want to because "Gerard looks like a fag now."

I was like, "... o_o. If you feel that way, I don't think they'll mind then."
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
October 22nd, 2006 at 06:28am
I was at a place once where all these bands performed... And I snuck backstage. It was allowed, there were plenty of people backstage. Because I knew my favourite belgian singer was gonna be there too. So I went backstage, and I saw all these girls going hysterical just because he was staring there... It kind of freaked me out.. And I thought to myself: why are you doing this? He's just a man, like everybody else... He has an occupation (sp?), and that's his music. Other people go to the office and do their job, but his job is standing on stage, entertaining people and singing songs and handing out autographs. It's what he does, it's what every band does. I asked him for an autograph, but told him I didn't have a pencil. He answered me that he didn't have a pencil himself, but afterwards there were signed cards.
Same goes for Gerard. I could really see that singer being annoyed by the fact that these girls went hysterical. And that's why I kind of understand how Gerard must feel about all these teenies. It's annoying, it really is... Making music, making a statement, making fans feel like they are not alone, etc... That is what My Chemical Romance is about.

I don't know who said it, but I sometimes get annoyed too by the fact that people don't accept you because you haven't been a fan long enough. That's bullshit! Who the fuck cares how long you are a fan of My Chem? What matters is that you ARE a fan, that you LOVE their music and their lyrics, and that you CARE about them for who THEY are, NOT because of the fact that they look good. Hell okay, they do look good, but that's just an extra.
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 22nd, 2006 at 07:40am
My brother got me into mcr when i was about... eleven? at that age i wasnt even intrested in boys, ive always been more of a tomboy. I'm fifteen now and i agree, those boys are fucking hot!!! But to be honest its always been about the music for me, with My Chemical Romance and any other bands i like. If girls want to go mad shreiking when they seen him and try to molest him or whatever then thats up to them i guess... I don't blame gerard for being annoyed with it, i think its hilarious how he likes to stroke his crotch and groan orgasmically on stage, its so ironic. It completely takes the piss of the people who DO want to fuck him and marry him. i love it. ahahahahahaaaa. this thread WELL made my day. =D
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 22nd, 2006 at 12:59pm
<3Romance<3:
I was at a place once where all these bands performed... And I snuck backstage. It was allowed, there were plenty of people backstage. Because I knew my favourite belgian singer was gonna be there too. So I went backstage, and I saw all these girls going hysterical just because he was staring there... It kind of freaked me out.. And I thought to myself: why are you doing this? He's just a man, like everybody else... He has an occupation (sp?), and that's his music. Other people go to the office and do their job, but his job is standing on stage, entertaining people and singing songs and handing out autographs. It's what he does, it's what every band does. I asked him for an autograph, but told him I didn't have a pencil. He answered me that he didn't have a pencil himself, but afterwards there were signed cards.
Same goes for Gerard. I could really see that singer being annoyed by the fact that these girls went hysterical. And that's why I kind of understand how Gerard must feel about all these teenies. It's annoying, it really is... Making music, making a statement, making fans feel like they are not alone, etc... That is what My Chemical Romance is about.

I don't know who said it, but I sometimes get annoyed too by the fact that people don't accept you because you haven't been a fan long enough. That's bullshit! Who the fuck cares how long you are a fan of My Chem? What matters is that you ARE a fan, that you LOVE their music and their lyrics, and that you CARE about them for who THEY are, NOT because of the fact that they look good. Hell okay, they do look good, but that's just an extra.

on the one hand i do agree with you...but on the other i'd probably get wicked shy and stuff if i met my chem because...well, it'd be awkward, seeing as their music meant that much to me. they're just regular people, but at the same time i'd look at them differently just because they wrote a lot of the songs that made me me.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
October 22nd, 2006 at 02:41pm
^I totally agree with all of this.
Fangedx
Killjoy
Fangedx
October 22nd, 2006 at 08:03pm
Then again, who DOES like teenies?!

I agree with Gerard, though. <3
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:14am
Danielle Ashley.:
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, this thread is seeping of hypocriticism to the point that it makes me sick. Majority of ya'll are all about fucking the band, or the band fucking the band. He's saying that to all of you, not just to "teenies". Ugh.

//EDIT\\ And before I forget, "teenies" is a term that could more than accurately describe majority of you. A "teenie" is one that is either pre-teen, or a teenager, who loves a band and the way they look. If you're gonna think they're hot, then you're most likely going to love the band. If you're so in love with them, you will be so in love with anything that's remotely related to the band, especially the music, since that's what they love.
You post about their girlfriends, and when you aren't talking shit, you're kissing their asses. It's pathetic. It's shit like this that makes me ashamed to admit to being a fan, because of all the stigma ya'll have created. Thanks guys. Thanks for tainting the thought of a fan in the eyes of the band. It means alot, it really does.

That's what a opinion is all about....expressing your views to the world without havng to sugercoat it in order to spare someone's feelings. No one ever said the truth was gonna be the simplest thing to hear because its not and it'll never will be. You're right about one thing. Teenies who suck up to the guys don't even realize that they themselves are just kissing their asses...because they know deep inside that they will never be able to have Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Bob, or Ray to themselves because they know its something that will NEVER, EVER happen in their fucking life. I'm not gonna lie, Gerard is attractive but i can relate to some of the problems he has has in the past and that in itself made him a inspirational figure in my life because he and the band helped me overcome my shit when no one close to me ever did... Alot of you can say he's good looking but how the hell do you think he'd felt when he himself was being bullied and teased back in high school because of how he looked and present himself? Be honest with yourself if gerard was still chubby today i know alot of you wouldn't give him the time of day, much less make eye contact with the "weird loner kid". Never paying attention or saying hello to a person who looks like a ugly duckling one day... only to have them blossom into something amazing and inspirational the next...is nothing more than sucking up and kissing ass because he or she became something great when alot of people never expected them to...
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:21am
"humping my monitor became sexy"
Shocked lmfao
that is so wrong it's funny.

{edit:for a second there I thought it said MOM Embarassed }
Turn To Grey
Always Born a Crime
Turn To Grey
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:27am
I heard the damn music on the radio at first and fell in love with it. I saw the pic of them when I bought the CD. Can you really say that I just like 'em 'cause they're hot? It's always been about the music. It always will be.

I'm so proud of Gerard for saying what he said. I respect him even more now. If that's even possible.
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:29am
^hey, i made that ava Very Happy
cool.
and so I'm not spamming, OF COURSE IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC!
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 23rd, 2006 at 09:57am
BatKissMasquerade:
Danielle Ashley.:
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, this thread is seeping of hypocriticism to the point that it makes me sick. Majority of ya'll are all about fucking the band, or the band fucking the band. He's saying that to all of you, not just to "teenies". Ugh.

//EDIT\\ And before I forget, "teenies" is a term that could more than accurately describe majority of you. A "teenie" is one that is either pre-teen, or a teenager, who loves a band and the way they look. If you're gonna think they're hot, then you're most likely going to love the band. If you're so in love with them, you will be so in love with anything that's remotely related to the band, especially the music, since that's what they love.
You post about their girlfriends, and when you aren't talking shit, you're kissing their asses. It's pathetic. It's shit like this that makes me ashamed to admit to being a fan, because of all the stigma ya'll have created. Thanks guys. Thanks for tainting the thought of a fan in the eyes of the band. It means alot, it really does.

That's what a opinion is all about....expressing your views to the world without havng to sugercoat it in order to spare someone's feelings. No one ever said the truth was gonna be the simplest thing to hear because its not and it'll never will be. You're right about one thing. Teenies who suck up to the guys don't even realize that they themselves are just kissing their asses...because they know deep inside that they will never be able to have Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Bob, or Ray to themselves because they know its something that will NEVER, EVER happen in their fucking life. I'm not gonna lie, Gerard is attractive but i can relate to some of the problems he has has in the past and that in itself made him a inspirational figure in my life because he and the band helped me overcome my shit when no one close to me ever did... Alot of you can say he's good looking but how the hell do you think he'd felt when he himself was being bullied and teased back in high school because of how he looked and present himself? Be honest with yourself if gerard was still chubby today i know alot of you wouldn't give him the time of day, much less make eye contact with the "weird loner kid". Never paying attention or saying hello to a person who looks like a ugly duckling one day... only to have them blossom into something amazing and inspirational the next...is nothing more than sucking up and kissing ass because he or she became something great when alot of people never expected them to...

heh heh.... i am the wierd loner kid. that's another part of it. i look at the words this dude's written and the stuff he says about when he was in school, and it reminds me of me. i guess it just sort of gives me hope that i won't necessarily be a total fuck-up after all.
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:01pm
astatusquoexile:
BatKissMasquerade:
Danielle Ashley.:

heh heh.... i am the wierd loner kid. that's another part of it. i look at the words this dude's written and the stuff he says about when he was in school, and it reminds me of me. i guess it just sort of gives me hope that i won't necessarily be a total fuck-up after all.

the weird loner kid was gerard's exact quote i read in a interview the other day so i decided to use it here but im glad that what he's saying is having a positive impact here. i think alot of us can relate to the shit he went through in high school and thats the best part because he makes you feel like you're not alone anymoreSmile
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 23rd, 2006 at 02:54pm
can i make a point that the majority of this forum seems to HATE "teenies" with a passion... so why is there a STICKY thread about personal lives of the bands? There seems to be plenty of discussions about their lives and girlfiends etc, and yet i'm getting the impression from a thread like this that its all about the music, you shouldn't just fancy them etc.

i'm getting mixed messages here

i'm very confused

please don't hate me =) xxx
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:17pm
BatKissMasquerade:
astatusquoexile:
BatKissMasquerade:
Danielle Ashley.:

the weird loner kid was gerard's exact quote i read in a interview the other day so i decided to use it here but im glad that what he's saying is having a positive impact here. i think alot of us can relate to the shit he went through in high school and thats the best part because he makes you feel like you're not alone anymoreSmile

Right on sweetheart. Hell I was the same way in high school, weird loner kid, heavy set, mostly hid in the corner and listend to CDs and read. You'd never guess that now, I've dropped alot of the weight and started going out more and you'd think I was Sharon Stone with these guys hitting on me. All I can think is, "Pfff, yeah, right. Like you'd have even taken a second glance at me if you'd seen how I was before." And as you were saying, Gerard's probably the exact same way.

Now the one thing that really bugs me are the 13 or 14 year old fans saying things like, "OMG I want to give (insert MCR name here) my virginity!" Now I haven't heard anything like that around here thank God but I have heard it around the net. That very much disturbs me. For one, I'm sure the guys aren't into minors or statutory. And if they were they sure as hell wouldn't care if they were taking your virginity or not because most musicians that actually do crap like that are fairly hollow. And for another the low value they place on their bodies to want to do something like that is pretty scary.

And demolitionjo, you're not the first to point out the irony of this entire thing, so you will not be hated.
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:20pm
Thanks *wipes away bead of sweat*

And the "OMG I want to give (insert MCR name here) my virginity!" thing made me piss my pants. LMFAO. That made my day, seriously xxx
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:38pm
Well it makes me sad that those little girls are like that. As it is though, I've really thought about it and realized I'm not turning into a teenie. I was very worried about it for a while 'cause I'd catch myself thinking, "Wow, they're hot." Which is a pretty bad thing for me 'cause I'm actually a lesbian. Nice to know I'm not switching sides any time soon.
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:41pm
hmmm.... i think lesbian-teenie IS possible. i mean Gerard is a fag isn't he? [eep... im gonna get shot if he isnt lmao] So if straight girls liking a gay guy is possible then i'm sure it would work for you too xD

not that i'm telling you to be a teenie... theres enough of them going around already by the sound of it >o< xxxxx
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:51pm
demolitionjo:
hmmm.... i think lesbian-teenie IS possible. i mean Gerard is a fag isn't he? [eep... im gonna get shot if he isnt lmao] So if straight girls liking a gay guy is possible then i'm sure it would work for you too xD

not that i'm telling you to be a teenie... theres enough of them going around already by the sound of it >o< xxxxx

LOL I hope you're wrong, I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's ready to kill me as it is for thinking Bob's hair is pretty.