Don't have an account? Create one!

How you discovered mcr! (and is mainstream really that bad!)

AuthorMessage
Lo.
Salute You in Your Grave
Lo.
December 27th, 2006 at 02:45am
I was so bored since I was (uhm....) ill,and I zapped through all of our tvchannels...when I came to ztv (musicvideochannel playing not just that ordinary shit) I saw thee prettiest thing I´ve ever seen, so ofcourse I stayed and the rest of the video I just sat staring at the tv. it was the greatest thing I+ve ever heard (or seen) in my whole life! I looked everywhere for the album but everyone was like "my chemical who?" so I didnt get "three cheers" until x-mas that year when my dear cousin downloaded it for me then I got lotms, bp and finally, just last week, I got the real "bullets" !
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
December 27th, 2006 at 02:49am

I found it because of my friend.
She started listening to them, so i checked them out.
She is to blame for my obsession Tehe
VampireSquad
Jazz Hands
VampireSquad
December 27th, 2006 at 04:01am
My sister actually turned them onto me.
I really fell in love with their non-tedious sounds.
And I will never be upset because of that.
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
December 27th, 2006 at 02:27pm
i saw the i'm not okay video 2 years ago...and the obsession started
DisEnchAnteD!
Killjoy
DisEnchAnteD!
December 27th, 2006 at 04:07pm
!. i saw vampires will never hurt you about...oh, some years ago.
2.i thought they were great, kept up with their music, even though my parents diagreed.
3. i dont mind that they went mainstream.
though is does get on my last nerves when some retard or such sings one of their songs. they wouldnt be where they are though, but thanx for the great fans, i suppose they could of done without the mainstream.
Sonic Screwdriver
Salute You in Your Grave
Sonic Screwdriver
December 27th, 2006 at 04:22pm
I was visiting Yahoo's Launch site I guess cuz I was bored and wanted to see some music vids, and they were featured on the home page, so they looked interesting and I decided to watch their music vid Im Not Okay (I Promise) and that's how I discovered MCR
ChemicalMorgue
Killjoy
ChemicalMorgue
December 28th, 2006 at 10:37pm
I Discovered MCR on MTV and X103.9 every night at Nine...It was pretty cool then they stopped playing Helena and played Im Not okay
maudlinromance
Bleeding on the Floor
maudlinromance
December 29th, 2006 at 12:07am
Mkay. At first it started to spark when I watched the I'm Not OK (I Promise) video. I liked it, I laughed, it got going like, "Who's that?" Then I watched Helena, and it wasn't when I was really really sick from school that all I did was sit dazed and watch music videos. I love MTV2 for this because they had the Rock Countdown when I was up. And at that point MCR was on the top 10, and they were no. 1 like three times that week. I related so much to the Helena song at that time when I was sick, and I would literally look through the videos just to watch that one. After that I got Three Cheers and I loved them ever since. It was this year that I got I Brought You My Bullets, and also The Black Parade on Oct 27 (that Fri.) I just got Life on the Murder Scene, and have a deeper love for them and all that they do and put into their music. I pretty much wrote my whole bio here, but it is something I hold near to me.
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
Killjoy
xXXxChemicalxXXXx
December 30th, 2006 at 01:03pm
Helena on the internet. And I saw Gerard. In Love
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
December 30th, 2006 at 02:19pm
1. I heard "Ghost of you" on the radio (see my profile for full detail ^_^)
2. My first reaction was "WOAH!!! They're good!"
3. I knew it would happen at some point. I'm not disappointed, just unhappy because most people hate mainstream bands, and judge them solely by one mainstream song. It's not their fault MTV plays thier videos.
The Ush
Killjoy
The Ush
December 30th, 2006 at 04:05pm
One of my friends gave me CD with different songs for my 13th birthday. One of the songs on it was Thank you for the venom, and I found out that I really like it. MCR became one of my very favourite bands, and Thank you for the venom one of my fav. songs ever Very Happy
MCR_Alaska
Killjoy
MCR_Alaska
December 31st, 2006 at 12:33am
1) I got into them around 2004, when I first saw the Im Not Okay Video on Fuse.
2) O_O Wow...these guys are different! I gotta check 'em out!! So I went and got the first two albums.
3) Not really. Mainstream or not, I'll listen to them because they make great music!
crooked smile.
Shotgun Sinner
crooked smile.
December 31st, 2006 at 04:53pm
My friend was really into MCR, and so I looked them up on itunes and bought the Black Parade single. I loved it, and I became a fan.
Ellie Van Halen
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ellie Van Halen
January 1st, 2007 at 07:09am
I heard I'm Not Okay on the radio, downloaded it from iTunes, and listened to it for almost three days straight in DisneyLand Paris. I bought their albums a few months later, fell in love with it.
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
January 1st, 2007 at 12:45pm
I'd heard of them but i didnt really knowwho they were.. then i haed WTTBP and i thought wow they are really good.. so i got the new alubm then bought the old one and they r class!
writejen
Killjoy
writejen
January 2nd, 2007 at 09:30am
This is embarrassing - I discovered MCR on NPR's Fresh Air (I'm so old). They played "Teenagers." And now I'm in love - it's the first time being so obsessed over a band. Played TBP cd for four hours in the car, and then looked up every smidge of info on them. Their old songs are awesome too, though Bob's beat is more controlled and mainstream (he didn't do 3 Cheers - first album was Black Parade).
XpoizonXkissesX
Killjoy
XpoizonXkissesX
January 2nd, 2007 at 10:38am
I found the band because of Frankie....I was and still am a Pencey Prep fan and I was so mad when they broke up, then I saw frankie on MTV with the other guys. I heard Skyline And Turnstiles and I was a fan ever sense...
gemima
Killjoy
gemima
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:20pm
I heard 'welcome to the black parade' on one of the music channels and thought the music vid was great and the song was awesome, so i downloaded a couple of random songs from them and one of them was 'helena'. I thought it was an amazing song and after listening to it i fell in love with them
Bethanyblueberry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bethanyblueberry
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:21am
i saw the vid for ino but i didnt really know what was going on. i then heard prison on a kerang! cd. my brother used to like them and i was in his room with him and this song came on and i was like "i know this song," it all started from there
jodieth
Joining The Black Parade
jodieth
January 3rd, 2007 at 05:35pm
i bought supercharged album from a dodgy carboot salesman, cd didn't work properly so i bought it from hmv. listened to helena and went and bought both of their albums at the same time like the day after.