Don't have an account? Create one!

what dont you like about mcr?

AuthorMessage
kirstin
Salute You in Your Grave
kirstin
August 23rd, 2005 at 06:30am
Two Shots:
I don't like the way Gerard does that hand thingy while performng. It annoys me. You know, that hand thing?

um... like this hand thing:
*goes to upload pic to the net*
arg... it won't work...
um like the thing he does in helena... i know what you mean... i took a still of it and his fingers look like... um... scary...
lol...
yeh i know what you mean i guess...
cupcake
Killjoy
cupcake
August 23rd, 2005 at 09:54pm
I know what hand thing you're talking about.

I think it's kinda funny.
phantom.
Shotgun Sinner
phantom.
August 23rd, 2005 at 09:56pm
dude...
he's got the longest fingers ever.
my fingers are short...
i feel un....
un...
ungerardfingerish.
yes.
Mikey_Way_n_Toasters_Rule
Fabulous Killjoy
Mikey_Way_n_Toasters_Rule
August 24th, 2005 at 10:10am
*falls off chair laughing at ungerardfingerish*
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
August 24th, 2005 at 10:17am
I have stubby fingers too. Sad Not bassist fingers at all. It's annoying. =(
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 24th, 2005 at 10:44am
Evi1LaughingManiac:
The first song I heard/saw was 'I'm Not Okay' on Fuse... I have to admit that I adored mcr after that, but it's not like I didn't take the time and actually got into their music. honestly though... people who haven't even listened to or HEARD of their first album shouldn't even be allowed to say that they're fans of mcr and love them. My friend says she adores them and that Gerard is 'hott' [note: 2 't's] but she's never heard of Demolition Lovers. Gaaah! People these days. Confused

my story goes exactly the same. it took me forever to get the first cd. i almost payed the lady in pennies....i was desperate. i got it two days ago and i cant stop listening to it. Cubicles rocks.

**stops spamming**

the only thing i dont like is that ray and bob never get the spotlight....
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 24th, 2005 at 10:51am
Nice topic. Thumbs up. XD

Hmm, now and then they just fit the mold too well and it irritates me. And after listening to Bright Eyes, listening to Gerard's voice is sort of...eh, well, it grates on me. A tad.

Actually, not a lot about them bothers me. But don't you get me started on other bands...like Green Day...
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 24th, 2005 at 10:53am
Evi1LaughingManiac:
The first song I heard/saw was 'I'm Not Okay' on Fuse... I have to admit that I adored mcr after that, but it's not like I didn't take the time and actually got into their music. honestly though... people who haven't even listened to or HEARD of their first album shouldn't even be allowed to say that they're fans of mcr and love them. My friend says she adores them and that Gerard is 'hott' [note: 2 't's] but she's never heard of Demolition Lovers. Gaaah! People these days. Confused

I don't think it's up to you to dictate who can say they're fans and who can't. You can be a fan of some band without having heard a bazillion of their songs. I say I'm a fan of a ton of bands, and I don't know the names of all of their albums. I don't even know how many albums The Faint have, but I call myself a fan. If you're going to be that judgemental, maybe music should just be taken from you altogether, because you obviously can't handle it.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 24th, 2005 at 11:02am
retardsrule:
Evi1LaughingManiac:

I don't think it's up to you to dictate who can say they're fans and who can't. You can be a fan of some band without having heard a bazillion of their songs. I say I'm a fan of a ton of bands, and I don't know the names of all of their albums. I don't even know how many albums The Faint have, but I call myself a fan. If you're going to be that judgemental, maybe music should just be taken from you altogether, because you obviously can't handle it.
Of course it's not up to her to dictate it, and some people can be true fans of MCR without hearing demolition lovers, but you can't dictate who gets their "music taken away from them" so...yes, maybe she was a little judgemental, but so were you.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 24th, 2005 at 11:10am
awwwsugar:
retardsrule:
Evi1LaughingManiac:

Of course it's not up to her to dictate it, and some people can be true fans of MCR without hearing demolition lovers, but you can't dictate who gets their "music taken away from them" so...yes, maybe she was a little judgemental, but so were you.

Or you mean I would have been judgemental...if what I had said in that last sentence was actually to be taken literally in any way. How can someone actually get their music taken from them? Let's not be silly. XD
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
August 24th, 2005 at 11:20am
the teenies
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
August 24th, 2005 at 11:25am
Curse.:
the teenies
people throw the word teenie round to much these days -_-
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 24th, 2005 at 12:04pm
serene_dream:
Curse.:
the teenies
true. I mean....it's getting so bad that mcr fans are divided and thats not what the band would want....they would want us to all be friends.

i think.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 24th, 2005 at 12:06pm
retardsrule:
awwwsugar:
retardsrule:
Evi1LaughingManiac:

Or you mean I would have been judgemental...if what I had said in that last sentence was actually to be taken literally in any way. How can someone actually get their music taken from them? Let's not be silly. XD

I like being silly...

But your right....you can't take someone's music away.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
August 24th, 2005 at 04:04pm
^true that.
burn the lion.
Salute You in Your Grave
burn the lion.
August 24th, 2005 at 04:12pm
I don't like the word, "teenie"..brings shivers up my spine. But I know people who like them like one of my friends, she says, "That's a hot band." I tell her Reggie and the Full Effect is good, and she says "Not hot." Without even listening to their music first. She says, "Gerard and Frank. I want to bang them." What to do, what to do..
hawthornesam
Killjoy
hawthornesam
August 24th, 2005 at 04:41pm
I dont like how they r up for VMA's, now everyone is gonna know who they are and pretend that they like them.
/.\Kaiser/.\Chief/.\
Jazz Hands
/.\Kaiser/.\Chief/.\
August 24th, 2005 at 07:02pm
hawthornesam:
I dont like how they r up for VMA's, now everyone is gonna know who they are and pretend that they like them.

True.But they'll start getting more money if more people like them and start buying their stuff.{cds,ordering stuff online,etc.}So thats a good part about it. And i really want them to feel happy that their great work is being recognized, I voted.....about 20-35 times.lol.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 24th, 2005 at 08:35pm
yeah it's like....when you have a band as good as mcr yor gonna have to deal with the mainstream succsess and pray they dont sell out.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 25th, 2005 at 11:05am
serene_dream:
Curse.:
the teenies

Yeah, and especially because half the people using it are kids who claim they hate to label people. If someone's going to like MCR and also like the looks of the guys in the band, it's all up to them. You know, I think Conor Oberst is hot. In fact, I swoon over the guy. But it's not all about his looks. He's got quite a lot of talent and is definitely not a prideful person about it, and I find that hot as well.

Yes, it gets a little sad when they say they want to marry celebrities and kill their partners and all of that, but there's no harm in a little impossible crush. ESPECIALLY when it doesn't involve you in the slightest. So get down off your high horse and be a fan, not a wannabe fan manager.