Don't have an account? Create one!

Who do you most look up to in MCR??

AuthorMessage
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 11th, 2007 at 02:46am
gee.. he is a great artist and an awesome singer. plus he's experiences in his life that he'd been through inspired me....
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
April 11th, 2007 at 03:23am
Every single member of MCR are idols, for countless reasons that many people have already mentioned. I couldnt imagine life without them!
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 11th, 2007 at 03:30am
Dead_Guardian_Angel:
Gerard. The reason is because he's always there for you, whether you know him or not. He's everyone's savior. Plus, I'm an aspiring artist and Gerard just gives me hope that I get better and better each day. I've drawn him twice and both looked amazing (meaning, he didn't look like a chick!). That means something! I know it!

*Sakura-chan*

totally your so fucking right! Clap Clap Clap
XthisaintparadiseX
Killjoy
XthisaintparadiseX
April 11th, 2007 at 06:31am
[quote="SuperBecky2410"]
Two Shots:

I look up to all the guys for being amazing artists and sticking their necks out their for kids who are just screwed up and need some help. I admire them all for separate reasons. Gerard for overcoming addictions, Ray for writing beautiful music, Mikey for learning bass in such a short time and sticking around Gerard when he needed it most, Frank for always giving his all, and of course Bob...it's all about the drummer. Cool

yepp
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
April 11th, 2007 at 07:00am
SandraVerdugo:
I think i look up to mostly Gerard 'cause he makes the lyrics and loves to write and draw which i love ....

nope. i just watched an interview on youtube and he said that theres a common misconception that only he writes the lyrics when really, they all do.
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
April 11th, 2007 at 09:19am
Mikey Mikey Mikey Mikey Mikey Mikey Mikey Mikey MIKEY!!!!!!!!! In Love
gothic_chick12
Killjoy
gothic_chick12
April 11th, 2007 at 11:25pm
Gerard, 4 overcoming his acohol addiction, writing awsome lyrics, & plenty of other reasons
Sam Darko
Killjoy
Sam Darko
April 12th, 2007 at 01:47am
Gerard. For all of the things he has over come. For all the things he has accomplished. And for what he does for people. And we have a few things in common.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
April 12th, 2007 at 01:55am
Ray.
The guy is like a Redwood next to me haha

But seriously, I look up to Frank. I dont know how it works but the he is just my strengh in many, many ways. He's taught me so much. Ive admired him since the day I saw him and always will.

He keeps me going on the days I feel down and basically as a person he amazes me.
When you look at him, theres just something about Frank that draws you in and I just took to him right away....I know that sounds remotley strange but yea, Frank is someone who means a lot to me.
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
April 12th, 2007 at 04:21am
Gerard and Ray! If I can look up to them both...both of them are like the ones guiding each other in the band...
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
April 12th, 2007 at 06:02am
xXxFrankalishousxXx:
Every single member of MCR are idols, for countless reasons that many people have already mentioned.

ditto.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:22am
I look up to gerard the most. he used to be an alcoholic, do drugs and be majorly depressed and suicidal. now, he's cleaned up like woah, doesn't drink or do drugs anymore. he's still kind of depressed but he's still going. he's found love, he's found where he belongs in life. he's talented in multiple ways [art and music], he's creative. he's just such an inspiration and makes me want to not give in to my feelings in hopes that one day I will be as successful in life as he is [not fame or money wise, but in other ways].
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:58pm
Gerard, because of all the things he has been through. He also tends to say things (both lyric-wise and during interviews/shows) that goes straight to my heart, like he makes me feel better about myself. He has gone a long way to where he is today. He is a true inspiration.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:09pm
I don't know if I posted on this thread already but I'll say it again:

Raymond Manuel Ortiz-Toro

Everything about him inspires me. There's awful stereotypes and names you get called when you're black & listen to rock. Even before I knew Ray's ethnic background I loved the way he played. Watching him live was life-changing. Listening my left earphone makes me want to pick up a guitar. His parts amaze me and everytime I listen to it I find something new. Discovering he was Puerto Rican made me love him more because his race didn't even make a difference in music. Ray Toro is the biggest musical inspiration in my life. That in turn has made me no longer give a fuck about what anyone else thinks or says. He taught me to just: do me
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:18pm
beyond_and_above_sanity:
okay i don't really have a fav but there is something about each one that i admire

Gerard: i admire the fact that he was able to overcome alcoholism and and depression, and stand up for something that alot of musicians tend to forget, it's all about the music.

Frank: i admire him because of his enthusiasim (sp?) when he plays you can tell that he really loves what he's doing which is becoming rare in the music business now.

Ray: He's the lead guitarist and i admire how he can pull the song together with his cool riffs and besides who else do you know can pull off that fro?

Mikey: I admire him because, he didn't even know how to play the bass at one time, but because he felt something good coming from My Chem he pulled it together and learned how to play and that's pretty awesome to me

Sir Bobness: I admire Sir Bobness the most because he came in after the original drummer and was able to keep up with this band that had already established themselves. SO he gets alot of props from me.

Completely and utterly agree with this; but I don't actually believe in having idol's but I really respect them all for how far they have gotten regardless of all the bumps on the way there.
Jeremy DePoyster.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jeremy DePoyster.
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:25pm
I totally look up to all of them, but Gerard is the one who i most look up to, for the same reasons as most people have already put, his just mega talented, and everything his overcome, to be were he is now, is just amazing!! I admire him sooo much, he is my GOD, I love him soooo much (NOT in a fan girl way) he has just inspired me....
funky_shoes
Killjoy
funky_shoes
May 2nd, 2007 at 06:28pm
I admire all of them in their special kind of way ^_^ haha, way...

Gerard: he's had a tough life, rejection, depression, drugs and alcohol, but rose against it all and has showed the world what he is capable of doing. plus he has an amazing voice! Ghost of You always puts me to Sleep ^_^ haha

Mikey: he's an awesome fast-learning bass player! plus i think it's awesome that he's in a band with his older brother...i'd figure siblings would get so annoyed with eachother that the last thing they'd want to do is make a band. Congrats on ur marriage Mikey and Alicia!

Ray: the BEST guitar player in THE WORLD!!! how does he come up with that stuff?? he's so talented with a guitar, i wish i could do that!

Frank: He's so energetic and bouncy, and doesn't give a shit if he hurts himself. he's having a great time and that's all that matters. i'd bounce around like him if my glasses wouldn't go flying -_-' lol

Bob: I admire the fact that he's not a camera person, or a touchy person either. he doesn't like the spotlight, but he's an awesome drummer. its great that he's not afraid to not take shit or smack a dude with a cam lol

well, that's my bit....<3 i can't wait to see these guys on the 10th XD
funky_shoes
Killjoy
funky_shoes
May 2nd, 2007 at 06:33pm
McrFREAK0628:
Dead_Guardian_Angel:
Gerard. The reason is because he's always there for you, whether you know him or not. He's everyone's savior. Plus, I'm an aspiring artist and Gerard just gives me hope that I get better and better each day. I've drawn him twice and both looked amazing (meaning, he didn't look like a chick!). That means something! I know it!

*Sakura-chan*

totally your so fucking right! Clap Clap Clap

i've drawn him a few times too! and when i ever doubt myself or my talents, i think of Gerard, and i try again. XP good luck young aspiring artist!!!
XxDead DivaxX
Bleeding on the Floor
XxDead DivaxX
May 2nd, 2007 at 07:31pm
To be honest I really look up to all of them. I can't just choose one of the dudes,they're all to influential. Gerard inspires me to try out for every single play at my middle skool also to draw and create stories and comics and to get involved with art programs.
Mikey has inspired me to drink lots of coffee and also because now I always am playing kickball as hard as I can. I've been down with the sport since the 2nd grade man!!!!
Both Ray and Frank have inspiried me to play guitar, but Ray inspires me because I now actually feel blessed to have a halfro (half or my hair is extremely curly, the other half is like a small afro.)
Frank has inspired me to always put all the energy I can into my guitar playing, also that homophobia is gay and wrong!
And Bob has told me never to take anyone's shit.
So in terms, I look up to them all.
AlixRAWR
Jazz Hands
AlixRAWR
May 2nd, 2007 at 07:55pm
Disco:
Ray.
The guy is like a Redwood next to me haha

But seriously, I look up to Frank. I dont know how it works but the he is just my strengh in many, many ways. He's taught me so much. Ive admired him since the day I saw him and always will.

He keeps me going on the days I feel down and basically as a person he amazes me.
When you look at him, theres just something about Frank that draws you in and I just took to him right away....I know that sounds remotley strange but yea, Frank is someone who means a lot to me.

i agree. Mr. Green