Illegal Downloading

AuthorMessage
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
August 11th, 2007 at 09:42am
^happy Birthday!
Have you tried amazon though?
I find they have loads of stuff which you would find in shops, or, some shops allow to to order a CD in, then come and collect it.
Foxy_Roxy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Foxy_Roxy
August 11th, 2007 at 10:31pm
I used to mainly buy CD's and download very little. Now it's the other way around. It's purely because i cant afford all the stuff that i want - so it's easier to get straight away than wait and save up for the CD. as my cousin says " It's OK for kids to steal music - it's expected"
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
August 12th, 2007 at 01:17am
if people want us to stop downloading then cd's need to be made cheaper, i cant afford £10 or over everytime i want an album.

Music artists that have a go at people for downloading need their heads sorting out. People should get involved in the music industry because they want to play music, affect people with their songs ect. not make money. Obv. they need money to keep the band running, but they can easily earn that money from touring.

Also to go off topic slightly, i have no respect whatsoever for bands and acts that trash their stage and equipment at the end of shows and THEN tell their fans not to download because they need the money for equipment. even if they are giving the equipment through sponsership and favours and it doesn't come from the pockets of fans it is still very disrespectful.

x.x.x
Funky Crime
Bleeding on the Floor
Funky Crime
August 12th, 2007 at 02:58am
I used to download a lot, now not so much.
Really, my only reason for it is that I like seeing the album and readong the inside packet and stuff.
The reason artists and bands don't like to do it is because it's taking away money from them, but I understand why they might want to respect their fellow musicians and go buy their record.
Why kids are saying it isn't cool, I don't know. Probably because a lot of bands say it isn't Razz
In a friends case, she really doesn't have a lot of money, but she has a computer, so to hear new music, she downloads, which is fine with me. It's when someone gets lazy and doesn't feel like going to fuckin' walmart or FYE I get aggervated, but really, to each his own.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 12th, 2007 at 03:11am
I used to download songs on LimeWire a lot... I guess I did it because my dad did it. But that was about three years ago, and now I am much more partial to actually getting off my arse and going down the shops to buy an album.

And also, downloading illegally can give you viruses and whatnot. We learnt that the hard way! lmao.
caveucallachest
Killjoy
caveucallachest
August 12th, 2007 at 05:42am
I think illegal downloading is fine. All that musicians should really care about is people hearing their music. Especially since CDs are so expensive today.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
August 12th, 2007 at 10:05am
caveucallachest:
I think illegal downloading is fine. All that musicians should really care about is people hearing their music. Especially since CDs are so expensive today.

I agree about Cds being expensive, but saying musicians should only care about the music is wrong.
They need money, and they can't be touring 24/7.

Also, it's just as if only a handful of people downloads, it's 52 million Americans (although that number seems very low to me), and when you include other people in other countries counries, you get around 200 million.
That's a lot of people, if they bought just one CD each, the music industry would have an extra £2 billion.
King Of The Jews JR
Jazz Hands
King Of The Jews JR
August 20th, 2007 at 06:51pm
CD's here in Outback Australia are VERY expensive... Pirating... Free Very Happy
I dont feel bad for it either, as it only cost 3 bucks to make the CD but they expect us to pay 30 bucks for it.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
August 20th, 2007 at 07:27pm
As long as you have a balance between buying cds and downloading then you wont cause a huge dent in the music industry.
Yes, I download some songs, but I do go out and buy albums aswell.

Its alot easier to get many albums by downloading, which for me I do, rather than saving up £10 per album when many more are comming out after the other.
Justanotherstar
Salute You in Your Grave
Justanotherstar
August 22nd, 2007 at 01:21pm
well i download illegally soo hmm

but i buy cds of my favourite bands like lostprophets, my chemical romance and fall out boy
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
August 22nd, 2007 at 07:53pm
I download all the time. But I still think it's good to buy albums too. But you can also support the band by buying their merchandise right?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:59pm
I buy albums if I REALLY like the artist. If I only life a few songs, I download.

Now.

It's the opposite if I disagree with something serious thst they value.

For example, Bands that DONATE MONEY or play concerts for PETA or Republican orginazations I will NEVER buy from. I don't want to be a part of that agenda

I also refuse to buy a CD from those under Christian record lables because I feel like the concept of that lable is disrespectful to non Christian fans.

So sometimes my downloading is based on political views...
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:13pm
Illegal Downloading is like cheating record producers, but yeah, I
sometimes download, but not for mass production, but for my own personal use..
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:15pm
I haven't bought an album in about three years.
I always download.
Make CD's cheaper and I'll stop.
But I haven't got a tenner for every band I like.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
August 23rd, 2007 at 05:47pm
it depends. if it's a band i know i really like, i'll buy it. but sometimes, i just don't
have the cash for that. my nearest record store charges anywhere from £4.99 to £19.99
i'm a twelve year old kid, i don't have the cash for an album that's nearly twenty quid.
[i have no idea how much that is in dollars =/]

so occaisionally, i'll get my friends to send me songs over msn or i'll download them
off blubster or limewire.
but a lot of the time, i use itunes.

all the stuff i download gets deleted after a few months, because my computer likes
to spontaneously combust anyway.

i don't see a problem if you don't download all your music illegally.

doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
August 25th, 2007 at 07:30pm
A lot of bands don't bring out CD's and albums or they're very hard to find so, in that respect, I think downloading's ok. It also saves a lot of money too. However, with sites like Limewire becoming more and more common, people are being caught using them more.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
August 29th, 2007 at 03:33pm
Well, alot of people can't go out & get CD's. They might be disabled, or live in the middle of nowhere. They might not be able to afford a tenner a time for a CD. A lot of shops I live near don't stock the CD's I want, even though on their website they do. Downloading just makes it easier.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
August 29th, 2007 at 07:09pm
^download it then, but do so on a legal site.
It's actually cheaper than buying CDs and there's a lot more choice.
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
August 29th, 2007 at 07:21pm
I get a lot of stuff off LimeWire, but I buy CD's of bands I really like. But I like listening to lots of different music, and I can only get that variety on LimeWire, I dont have enough money to but all the albums I'd like to.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
August 30th, 2007 at 02:52pm
Bands get enough money from iTunes, interviews, band merch, appearances, concerts & tours, so they should stop whining about piracy.