Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Downloading

AuthorMessage
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
March 28th, 2007 at 05:45pm
I don't think theres anything wrong with downloading, unless you just download and don't buy anything.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 28th, 2007 at 08:03pm
ignore sorry
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 28th, 2007 at 09:53pm
Sardonic Grin:
Limewire is my friend because I don't have money to waste on my CDs. Plus bands don't make much of here money from the CDs- they would get about 90 cents a song- they make if buy going to concerts and selling their merch.

90 cents a song is a lot if you think about how many people would buy them.

I use limewire...but I also buy CDs.
I use the songs I downloaded on my MP3 and the CDs when I go over to someone's house or in their car.
So, I get both.
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 7th, 2007 at 03:02pm
to be honest, once a band gets established, they make alot of money through merchandising, concerts, and stuff, so they don't really need everyone to go and buy their CD's.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 9th, 2007 at 03:04pm
I download ilegally, but not as much now because nothing works on my computer anymore often.
but, look at it like this, say you just joined a band. And you just had a new CD realeased, you got on MTV and everything, but you found out more people were downloading them illegaly then paying for them, forget the money, but just think, it's kinda morally wrong in a way.

Also, One file sharing programed I downloaded, came equipped with this detector, to stop you breaking the law, wich I think places like limewire ect should do.
Also, I think it's stupid that only the people using the programs are fined, when the program creator it's self is protected. They can't be fined for illegal doings because the files come from more than 1 source, so technicaly, they are not giving them the file.
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
April 9th, 2007 at 03:23pm
Well we all know that mcr are doing pretty well right now but its been said a few times that theres a huge chance with their tour right now that they will loose money on it or even find it hard to break even.
If everyone that actually has mcrs album payed for it then maybe they wouldnt be having so many problems with it.
And mcr are a band that you would think could "nick a few songs off", my point is that you dont really know who it would be ok to download .
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 9th, 2007 at 03:40pm
i think that illegal downloading is ok, like most people have said as long as you do buy things.

like cds are quite expensive so if you just want to check a band out who you've only heard one song by or something then illegal downloading is well useful

but as soon as i get in to a band when i can afford it i go out and buy the albums

and bands like mcr, that are my favs, i buy downloads too now anddd own all their cds

i think its a useful way of discovering new bands as long as you realise the music industry is a business too and you need to pay for some music stuff so that bands can afford to keep on producing their quality songs Very Happy
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
April 9th, 2007 at 05:50pm
I usually download a couple of songs to sample a band. If I like them, then I'll go out and buy the CD. I don't know if it's just me, but I like knowing I've just gone out and purchased a CD, and I like looking at the cover.
Music artists haven't been making quite as much revenue since downloading became popular, but they do still make a substantial amount from merchandising and gigs. Most bands actually condone downloading now, as they understand that it's about the music, not the money.
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 10th, 2007 at 05:24am
Grief:
I usually download a couple of songs to sample a band. If I like them, then I'll go out and buy the CD. I don't know if it's just me, but I like knowing I've just gone out and purchased a CD, and I like looking at the cover.
Music artists haven't been making quite as much revenue since downloading became popular, but they do still make a substantial amount from merchandising and gigs. Most bands actually condone downloading now, as they understand that it's about the music, not the money.

yeeh i agree bout the cover thing

it is coolies buying a cd and being able to look at the album art work and stuff like that

plus if you download everything, then you dont have a nice cd collection in your house :O lol
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 10th, 2007 at 03:40pm
Without downloading I'd be lost. I think its nothing wrong with it, if you buy CD's too. But it's not possible to buy a CD's or a single for each and every song/band you like. I have CD of my favourite bands/artists and i'm palnning to buy more, but I download all the time
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 04:49pm
Nothing wrong with illegal downloading, limewire is amazing!
ciar.
Shotgun Sinner
ciar.
April 10th, 2007 at 06:37pm
I use limewire so I dont have to carry my CDs round with me in other words i buy the CD and download my favourite songs of the album
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 11th, 2007 at 04:37am
Some of you are saying that you download one or two tracks jut to check out the band.
Sure, that's great, but most bands have a website and or myspace with samples of their music on.

And speaking from experience, Often it doesn't stop at one track, because you kinda get addicted to just downloading anything, and end up with most of the album.
Indie
Killjoy
Indie
April 12th, 2007 at 11:14am
It can be like £11-15 for a decent cd or film and i cant afford that so i have to download stuff, lower the prices or stuff and people will stop downloading things illegally
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
April 12th, 2007 at 12:36pm
i want to support bands, but i can't afford to fork out a load of money everytime i want a new album.
i mean, just to buy 'Berth', The Used's CD/DVD, i had to save up for ages before hand.
i support bands in other ways, eg through merch.
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 12th, 2007 at 12:42pm
I buy CD's for the bands i like, but if i like one song by a band then why should i buy there whole album when i'm only gonna listen to one song?
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
April 12th, 2007 at 12:57pm
It is hard, because by downlaoding illegaly you are stoping the band getiing valuable money, which they could use for further projects.
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 12th, 2007 at 03:07pm
xCookieMonsterxox:
It is hard, because by downlaoding illegaly you are stoping the band getiing valuable money, which they could use for further projects.

true but at the same time, if by downloading their songs you get in to their music, you may go on to get really in to them, and see them at gigs and buy merch and stuff.

so in the long term, it could benefit bands, because if illegal downloading wasnt there then you probably wouldnt have heard some of the bands that you end up liking lots.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 12th, 2007 at 04:38pm
kjw3107:

true but at the same time, if by downloading their songs you get in to their music, you may go on to get really in to them, and see them at gigs and buy merch and stuff.

so in the long term, it could benefit bands, because if illegal downloading wasnt there then you probably wouldnt have heard some of the bands that you end up liking lots.

True, and I asmit, i has done that to m,e ^_^
, but this goes back to what I said about band websites/myspace.
They have samples on their music on, which allows you to listen to them to decide if you like them.
annakitali
Killjoy
annakitali
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:10am
i reckon that if you really like a band, you should do your best to support them, like buying their CD's.