Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Downloading

AuthorMessage
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
May 21st, 2006 at 03:47pm
What are your opinions on illegal downloading?

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with it, as long as you buy CDs, too. For me, I download a bucnh of songs that I like, and then I buy the band's CD. I don't think it's right to be downloading every CD, and not buying any. How are you supporting your favourite artists? Bands need the money of their fans to keep making records. How the hell else are they going to pay for instruments, recording times, tour vans/busses, or make their living? It's like any other job. If you run a store, people buying your products are helping keep your store on it's feet.

What do you think about it?
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
May 21st, 2006 at 03:48pm
http://www.imnotokay.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=10174

^Debate thread. go here instead
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
May 21st, 2006 at 03:48pm
Limewire is my friend because I don't have money to waste on my CDs. Plus bands don't make much of here money from the CDs- they would get about 90 cents a song- they make if buy going to concerts and selling their merch.
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
May 21st, 2006 at 03:51pm
I like buying the CD's for the liner notes, and it goes to the artist to show I support them. Plus, there's sometimes things on/in the CD's that you wouldn't get online, like stickers and stuff. Purevolume's a lifesaver, it's not illegal and it's showing that you support the artist by the number of plays you get for them-- And the songs get taken off of your listener player once it's taken off of their page. But I have nothing against illegally downloading a couple of songs just to check someone out, but when you download all of your music illegally, there's a probably a problem.
Adora Angel
In The Murder Scene
Adora Angel
May 21st, 2006 at 03:51pm
Jenni:
Limewire is my friend.

Damn straight it is!

I don't go out enough to buy CD's.
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
May 21st, 2006 at 03:52pm
xxxBlackxxxMariahxxx:
http://www.imnotokay.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=10174

^Debate thread. go here instead

STOP POSTING HERE
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
May 21st, 2006 at 04:39pm
Elphaba:
Just go away. If this was a repeat, it would have been locked by now. Have more faith in the mods, for Pete's sake!
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
May 21st, 2006 at 04:52pm
I think it's okay if you just want to check out a couple of songs.
But when you take it overboard; & start illigeally downlaoding all your music.
That's not right.
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
May 21st, 2006 at 04:54pm
I download stuff a lot. Usually, I download a few songs, or even a whole CD, and then if I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't like it, I'll delete what I downloaded.
I have a very low and irregular income, so downloading serves to provide me with new music until I can raise the funds to actually buy albums.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
May 21st, 2006 at 04:55pm
I'm not against illegal downloading, but I buy all of my songs and albums 100% legally.
SuperBecky2410
Salute You in Your Grave
SuperBecky2410
May 21st, 2006 at 07:12pm
I download when I want to explore a new band. I personally prefer to buy cd's, but I still download so I know if I'm going to like it or not.

It makes me mad when artists *coughMetallicacough* get mad at people for downloading. They only have 50 bajillion dollars anyway, be fucking flattered that people are trying any way they can to get their music. Even if we don't buy albums, if people are commited to making music, they'll do it whether we buy them or not. I think that's something MCR would do.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
May 21st, 2006 at 07:13pm
Casserz.:
What are your opinions on illegal downloading?

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with it
Bite-me-not.
Always Born a Crime
Bite-me-not.
May 21st, 2006 at 07:15pm
I really don't see anything wrong with it, and I can't afford many CDs. My Mom disabled my LimeWire, so now my iPod is practically empty.

-_-" It must be an older person thing.
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
May 21st, 2006 at 07:18pm
GerardsGroupie:
It makes me mad when artists *coughMetallicacough* get mad at people for downloading. They only have 50 bajillion dollars anyway, be fucking flattered that people are trying any way they can to get their music. Even if we don't buy albums, if people are commited to making music, they'll do it whether we buy them or not. I think that's something MCR would do.
I agree.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 21st, 2006 at 10:04pm
GerardsGroupie:
I download when I want to explore a new band. I personally prefer to buy cd's, but I still download so I know if I'm going to like it or not.

I also do this. I download a few songs to see if I will like the cd.

But I also understand why bands LIKE METALLICA <3 get frustrated when people download their music for free.
Imagine if you had your own business, let's say you're a shirt maker. Let's say you make 100 shirts a day that you sell for 10 bucks a shirt, and there's this special design on the shirt that YOU designed and YOU have trademark and copyright of, and one day someone comes along and sets up a store next to yours, with the SAME shirt, but for free.
Suddenly, everything you've worked so hard for means SHIT because someone is giving it away for free.

It's not about Metallica being rich, it's about illegal downloading = stealing.
So don't diss Metallica for what they did. They didn't do it for the money.
~*salene*~
Bleeding on the Floor
~*salene*~
May 21st, 2006 at 10:16pm
limewire is awsome
KeY_tO_cHaOs
Jazz Hands
KeY_tO_cHaOs
May 21st, 2006 at 10:17pm
Well on one side I guess it,s okay if you don't sell the cd's you make.. But I know this girl that makes cd's for people and demands five bucks and I think that's wrong!!
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 21st, 2006 at 11:04pm
I will download live versions of songs, and songs I can't seem to find and buy legally, also songs that I'm going to get later on, but if I can buy it legally, I will.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 22nd, 2006 at 02:31am
I download heaps of music for many reasons:
- I like to listen to a band, before I go out and buy their album.
- I can't afford tonnes of CD's
- It's hard to find albums that I want for a reasonable amount of money.

But that's not say I don't buy any albums. Because I do, whenever I can. I understand that a band relies on people buying their albums so they can make a decent living. It's their job.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 22nd, 2006 at 02:34am
I don't download, partly because my computer is extremely slow, and also because I like buying cd's