Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Downloading

AuthorMessage
my chemical romance.
Banned
my chemical romance.
December 4th, 2006 at 09:27pm
I've never felt guilty about downloading a file from a free p2p program, or a bit torrent.
It's how I get all my music, and all of my shows on my computer. I've never paid for any of that kind of stuff.
But I never bother thinking about how it's taking a cut out of the musician's budget. Honestly, so many people do it. I don't see why it's wrong. There's not much of an arguement about it, either.

Same with programs. I've never paid for a program. Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, Dreamweaver, Maya.. All my programs are pirated. Because I don't have the money to spend on programs.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 4th, 2006 at 09:37pm
^^^ i dont see anything wrong with that. i mean things are so expensive these days its no wonder people turn to downloading.
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
December 4th, 2006 at 09:39pm
Well it's like I said to a friend "So HIM won't be able to afford a solid gold swimming pool. I'm crying my eyes out." Plus artists make most of their money from touring.
lexie
Bleeding on the Floor
lexie
December 7th, 2006 at 01:17pm
lol Malus - how right you are ! Im sorry but if they keep making cds etc £10 or more then for someone who is into music that means they simply cannot afford music and that is terrible - music should be for everyone! Anyway I normally listen to a track on download then purchase the album if I like it. Maybe if I was on the same wages as some of the Music Industry moguls then I would pay for them but otherwise I will carry downloading for free.
x-broken-x
Joining The Black Parade
x-broken-x
February 21st, 2007 at 01:01am
I always buy all my music either the cd's or off itunes. I dont have problem with people doing it but when people stop buying cd's it hurts the music industry not the musicians. My best friends mom got layed off because they couldnt afford to pay her anymore because the music industry is at the worst it has ever been,because of illegal downloading Smile

sorry for spelling mistakes
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
February 21st, 2007 at 01:17am
I used to use Napster, where you pay, like, a monthly fee and you download songs. But the music expires so I use Bearshare, which I have been using for years. I also don't get an allowance and don't go out enough to buy CDs. My parents also think that since I have an mp3 player, I don't need to buy CDs.

So I'm all for Illegal Downloading. Just don't go overboard with it.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 21st, 2007 at 01:59am
If you can get away with it more power to u...I can't do all that techy computer stuff.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
February 21st, 2007 at 11:10am
I think it's wrong to download MOST of your music because it's stealing. As long as you mostly buy CD's and DVD's it's fine...but I don't download anything.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
February 21st, 2007 at 07:41pm
I dnld... I mean... the artists really never get the money... i read this book about the music industry, and mostly:
The Record Company, Production Company, Manager, Agent, and a handful of other people get the money.

Even when touring, bands are given like 10 quid a day, just to buy food/drink and so called "living expenses"

Sometimes, record companies even give shops like HMV records FREE to sell.

Also, what do you do if you only like 2 or 3 tracks on an album? you waste like ten pounds for 2-3 songs...

It doesnt make sense!

I, myself, just can't wait till spiralfrog comes out... so then I wont feel guilty!
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
February 22nd, 2007 at 03:36pm
I download or buy depending on the album or artist. Example: I bought TBP and Bullets, but I downloaded the entire album of Three Cheers because back then I didn't know them and I didn't want to waste money b/c I liked a few songs from them.

But, artists will never get the money if everyone downloads! From what I've heard, artists only see the money for a record after it hits platinum! Everything less than that goes to covering all the bills for the label.
abcdef...Gee!
Bleeding on the Floor
abcdef...Gee!
February 22nd, 2007 at 07:03pm
yea, i think its ok. like, if sum1 downloads, its kindof stupid to complain if ur a band making lots of cash. thats ridiculous. however, if they arent very well known or rih, i think it MIghT be a tad cruel.
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
February 23rd, 2007 at 06:40am
abcdef...Gee!:
yea, i think its ok. like, if sum1 downloads, its kindof stupid to complain if ur a band making lots of cash. thats ridiculous. however, if they arent very well known or rih, i think it MIghT be a tad cruel.

But it is still THEIR money...................why would anyone have the right to take it off them?? You'd be anoyed if you spent alot of time and effort on something and didnt get payed......................and im not just talking about the artist.
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
February 23rd, 2007 at 06:52am
It kinda makes me sad when I see that so many people are downloading music for free these days…………..its completely destroying and taking so much away from music.....

If you don't pay for CDs, not only are you hurting the artist and the record label but the entire industry. Big artists like MCR who sell a lot of CDs help pay for new bands who don't break even. The reason labels aren't signing new, good music is because there isn't enough money to go around. If you're going to sink 3 million pounds/dollars into something, what would you spend money on; the act you know will sell a million records (Linkin Park, Madonna, etc) or a new act that is a gamble? If you want music not to suck anymore than BUY CDS FROM ARTISTS YOU LIKE! It encourages companies to spend more on rock and sign more rock acts. The reason rock blows is because it is the genre of music that sells the least. Hip Hop sells a load of records because most people don't download it. So SAVE ROCK AND ROLL AND BUY CDS!!!!

Many people use the excuses that they cant afford to buy CDs………you ever heard of saving up for it???? People are way too impatient and greedy.

If albums aren't being bought any more it also encourages bands and artists to be less honest about what they are doing………….it happens a lot, they just go and try and make the singles that will sell and make them a loads of cash and then the rest is just watered down crap with a few cheap hooks. Ever heard an album with just one good song on it?

Most of all a download is never going to be as good as having the actual CD itself, it often sounds bad and a band shouldn't just be about having that one good song that everyone likes……it should be about what's gone into the whole album, what they have to say, or even the art work……..but if people just keep on downloading then they are never going to be able to do that.

You can never really truly say you like a band if you don't listen to or have there album…..cover and all. Other wise your just buying into a media driven world.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
February 23rd, 2007 at 07:21pm
like the post above.
if its going to hurt the record label and not allow new bands to sign then downloading is bad.
because one of those bands that couldnt be signed could have been MCR.
that would be horrible if they couldnt get on.
I dont know what we'd all be doing...
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:15pm
Gerard once said something like download it if you want to just hear it but buy it if you like it.

I agree with that.

If I didn't download then I wouldn't know any bands because I'm superly poor. I don't have enough money to go buy a bunch of CDs that I might not even like. Jeez!
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
February 23rd, 2007 at 09:56pm
hhmmmm...

i like downloading...
its pwetty...

i think it"s so...
sexy!!!
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
hhmmmm...

i like downloading...
its pwetty...

i think it"s so...
sexy!!!
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
hhmmmm...

i like downloading...
its pwetty...

i think it"s so...
sexy!!!
Death in Wonderland
Fabulous Killjoy
Death in Wonderland
February 23rd, 2007 at 10:00pm
hhhhmmm....
i personally
like downloading...
it"s sexy...

lovely lady
sings the
sorry!!!
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
Jazz Hands
Gerard for S.P.E.W.!
March 2nd, 2007 at 10:47pm
If its stuff from like a new band I'm wanting to listen more too, or if its music my parents have forbidden me to buy (I'm very catholic-- all my Marilyn Manson is downloaded.) If Im like really into a band though, like MCR, I buy their stuff.

OR ask my brothers that are both in college to buy it for me Smile