AuthorMessage
M!lly La Bam
Bleeding on the Floor
M!lly La Bam
September 30th, 2006 at 11:07pm
It's bad. Youre not suppost to do it.
Yet, I do.
And why?

I dont have the money to buy a crummy album that I don't like! So i'll download a few songs first off LW and if I like em, I'll buy the Album.

Simple. :3
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
October 1st, 2006 at 08:18am
Major labels are criminals. I will be a criminal when they take less money for the pain and suffering it takes to print a CD.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 1st, 2006 at 08:32am
A) Read the rules, regarding swearing.

B) I agree in principle. CDs do not cost nearly that much to make. They could be far, far cheaper without seriously impacting the music industry. But at the same time, if you don't buy genuine CDs/downloads, don't be surprised if one of your favourite bands gets dropped.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
October 1st, 2006 at 08:40am
Unsure Thanks.

Oh, yes, I know. I don't buy anything but CDs, 'cause I guess that there is always a part of me that feels guilty.
But my interest in music is way to big for my money situation. And surely, it must be the same way for alot of teenagers living togheter with three siblings in a way too expensive house.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 1st, 2006 at 10:11am
^ No worries. Smile

Same - theres no way I could ever afford all the music I love. I try to buy the less successful stuff, on the basis that better-known stuff can generally fend for itself. But if I get the chance, I buy the CDs I love most regardless.
Baby Jesus is
Banned
Baby Jesus is
October 1st, 2006 at 07:45pm
I download music, wanna know why...

The record companies make ATLEAST a 300% profit with each CD... So i download just to spite them, Haha take that.

Oh and Mud, love the avvie
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
October 2nd, 2006 at 06:02am
I download music from Limewire, because in my city, it can be EXTREMELY hard to find albums you like.
For example, there's this band I've loved for over a year, but they've only released one album. I haven't been able to find it ANYWHERE.
Or, until Saturday, when I found it down a dodgy lane.
It was cheap and all, but even if it had been expensive, I would've bought it.

I've paid up to thirty something dollars (Aus.) for an album.
An Avenged Sevenfold album I saw was over forty dollars.
I can't waste all my money on albums.
That's why I sometimes need to download from the net.

I want to support my fav. bands as much as possible, so there isn't a doubt in mind that I wouldn't buy their albums.

Then again, sometimes I download music just to get a taste of the band.
I'm not going to buy an album of a band that I've heard one song from. What if I don't like the other ten?
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
October 2nd, 2006 at 02:44pm
i don't like downloading songs, period. i believe in buying the albums, no matter what. i don't care if i even pay for it. if i just like one song, i'll still buy the album, even if i don't like the rest of the songs. which is rarely that i don't fall in love with the other songs.
xxTearsxOfxBloodxx
Jazz Hands
xxTearsxOfxBloodxx
October 31st, 2006 at 05:29am
Baby Jesus is:
I download music, wanna know why...

The record companies make ATLEAST a 300% profit with each CD... So i download just to spite them, Haha take that.

Oh and Mud, love the avvie

i download as well
but i buy all my fave bands cds(coz me luv them too much to rip em)
INFLIGHTRADIO.
Devil's Got Your Number
INFLIGHTRADIO.
October 31st, 2006 at 07:09am
I download.
Because it's just really difficult to find cd's of bands I like around here.
Also, before I buy an album, I want to hear some songs of that band. Just to know if I'll like it or not.
It's a complete waste of money if you buy an album you don't even like.
TheMysteriousThug
Joining The Black Parade
TheMysteriousThug
October 31st, 2006 at 09:13am
I download CDs and if I get the cash I'll buy the CD.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 31st, 2006 at 02:55pm
I don't see the point in buying an over-priced CD or whatever when you can download them for less than half the price
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
October 31st, 2006 at 05:19pm
I download unashamedly. And I don't agree with restrictions placed on file sharing and programs that enable it.
Artists make very little money from record sales. All that profit goes directly to the label, and, quite honestly, I'd rather not hand over my $20 to a record executive.
Musicians make the majority of their money from touring, merch and various endorsements. I happily eagerly support my favorite artists through buying concert tickets and various pieces of merchandise.
In the case of bands that I especially love, I'm willing to shell out the cash to buy the actual CD, only for the purpose of owning a real copy. There's something about holding a copy of your favorite band's new record that makes it more special than downloading the mp3 files off LimeWire.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 2nd, 2006 at 05:01am
.love.nothing.:
I download unashamedly. And I don't agree with restrictions placed on file sharing and programs that enable it.
Artists make very little money from record sales. All that profit goes directly to the label, and, quite honestly, I'd rather not hand over my $20 to a record executive.
Musicians make the majority of their money from touring, merch and various endorsements. I happily eagerly support my favorite artists through buying concert tickets and various pieces of merchandise.
In the case of bands that I especially love, I'm willing to shell out the cash to buy the actual CD, only for the purpose of owning a real copy. There's something about holding a copy of your favorite band's new record that makes it more special than downloading the mp3 files off LimeWire.
yea that is so true. The actaul CD part costs only 3.50 to produce like a huge CD. How has lime wire not been in a law suit yet? I mean, like everyone does it. Almost. I know the that Kazza got into one...
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:39pm
I like to buy CDs.
I think illegally downloading music is the same as stealing
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 2nd, 2006 at 10:03pm
yea, it is, or so the government says so. "buying pirated music is stealing. STEALING IS AGAINST THE LAW" did i know that? of course stealing isnt against the law! what are they thinking?
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
November 3rd, 2006 at 01:18am
I was watching a documentary about copyright laws and problems people have with them in one of my classes this week, and one of the men who was discrediting the idea that digitally sharing music, software, etc. is wrong brought up the point that by naming such an act "piracy," the government is purposefully criminalizing file sharers. That, by calling them "pirates," the government is making thieves out of people who just want to share with their fellow citizens.
Honestly, I kind of agree with him.
Just because something is outlawed doesn't make it so terrible. There are certainly plenty of other instances in which the law doesn't necessarily coincide with what everyone thinks is right.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
November 3rd, 2006 at 07:00am
Has anyone else heard of a proposal to make a legal free downloading site? I can't remember what its called, but it would work by getting money from advertising. Obviously, there are a lot of companies against it, but I, personally, think its a great idea.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
November 11th, 2006 at 10:02pm
Sounds good, but i mean really good. But i dont think it will work. That means it will turn into one of those things that works for like, 6 months, and then the advertising companies realize that their adverts have no effect on us what-so-ever
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 4th, 2006 at 06:23pm
I use Limewire. I'm obviously not going to spend money on a whole CD if I only like a few songs.