Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Country's Government.

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 21st, 2006 at 01:12am
^While not adding a whole lot to the discussion. This isn't a place to attack another person's view, Austing. This is a place to reasonably discuss a topic and broaden horizons. Also, spam isn't allowed here in the DB. If you want to disagree with something, please discuss it, rather than just attacking it.

Just so that you know.
-------------------------------

Amanda - In today's world, there really is no complete freedom, regardless of where you go. I have to say, though, that I am glad for that. Complete freedom would be Anarchy, no government and no rules to confine our actions, and then, civilization as we know it would crumble.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 21st, 2006 at 01:47am
Attacking means the same thing as questioning
Not...literally...attacking
If you read, you'll see I asked a question about something she said
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 21st, 2006 at 01:51am
Honestly, let people "discuss". It is a discussion board...you dont have to police everything. ^_^ <----take this anime face as a symbol of kindness...or whatever.
I'm going to play my happy japanese game now...cheers.

and...so this isnt spam.... god bless the us of a
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 21st, 2006 at 01:58am
Yes you did Austing, but you did so in a patronizing or snide way.
It sounded like you were trying to pick a fight. That's why I said something.

This is a place to discuss, yes, but not a place to argue. There is a vast difference.
And in posting to defend your comment without actually adding anything to the available topic,
you are spamming, and spam is not allowed here.

Mary - I don't police everything. Just spam and profanity, and only here.
I do it because I actually enjoy having intelligent discussions on a variety of topics.
And your post is also spam. For reference sake.
--------------------------

Anyways, to get this topic back on track....

What can be done to better government in general? Is there any way of giving more power to the people, while keeping the government cohesive and coherent?
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 21st, 2006 at 02:07am
Thank you for upholding your title as most helpful user. Quite noble.
And its nearly impossible for someone to discuss such personal topics without becoming angry. Human nature.
But, to save you from the horror that is spam....
It would be nearly impossible to better the system, unless all policiticians had background checks and were attatched to a polygraph at all times. There is a way to give power to the people, and that is equal rights. For gays and women/ minorities. Get rid of glass celings, give women their 25 cents more as opposed to 75 to the dollar that men make, and...let gays marry. Make better medical programs, and insurance programs, and take care of the population. If you take care of people, they will take care of their country, and it will prosper.

edit: I didnt know we were on a first name basis. Are we moving too fast?
Killing_Jar
Really Not Okay
Killing_Jar
December 21st, 2006 at 02:12am
oh yeah, AND more jobs! people need to be employed. Take jobs back from india and china, and bring them back here. It should boost the economy.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 21st, 2006 at 02:22am
I_Mean_This:
It's nearly impossible for someone to discuss such personal topics without becoming angry. Human nature.

It would be nearly impossible to better the system, unless all policiticians had background checks and were attatched to a polygraph at all times. There is a way to give power to the people, and that is equal rights.

edit: I didnt know we were on a first name basis. Are we moving too fast?

I don't do this for the title, Mary, I do it so that the DB stays a relatively neutral place
for intelligent discussion, and because I want to be able to come here and actually discuss.

I can understand the anger, it's ok to be angry, as long as the discussion is calm and rational.
This is a place where intellect and factual basis reign supreme. ^^

I wasn't thinking power to the people in quite that respect, but I would agree with you on your comment.
I was more wondering if there was a way for the people to have more say in the decisions the
governments make, while keeping the system uncluttered and clear.

(BTW, I checked your profile for your name. I like to know whom I'm discussing with, and I do it as a form of respect.
It shows I care enought to actually care who I'm talking to.)
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
December 21st, 2006 at 06:52am
I_Mean_This:
oh yeah, AND more jobs! people need to be employed. Take jobs back from india and china, and bring them back here. It should boost the economy.

...Do you really think it's THAT easy? They RELY on us now, America has succesfully made a globalized economic envelope- we rely on them, they rely on us- without the oil in Iran/Middle Eastern countries, for instance, we would all be writhing in hell- Americans can't do anything for themselves, so they turned to third world countries and other countries to supply them- so it goes two ways- if we pull out any workers, that country will go WAY down the drain.

I love it how America puts itelf in these situations. <3
Astro Zombie Manda.
Always Born a Crime
Astro Zombie Manda.
December 21st, 2006 at 04:29pm
bloodredruby69:

Amanda - In today's world, there really is no complete freedom, regardless of where you go. I have to say, though, that I am glad for that. Complete freedom would be Anarchy, no government and no rules to confine our actions, and then, civilization as we know it would crumble.

It's not exactly what I was trying to say. If there was complete freedom, everything would be uncontrollably choatic. I talk about a lot about the government with my friends and they have really good point of views too. I guess what I was getting at is, when you get down into it and look into everything, American isn't all it's cracked up to be.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 22nd, 2006 at 02:46am
No, I agree with you.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that you were in favor of complete freedom, I was just commenting on freedom itself.
I was thinking more of the comments about the Government controlling out lives
and how little freedom some people have.

I was just thinking out loud, gomen if I confused you.
Jordyn
Fabulous Killjoy
Jordyn
December 23rd, 2006 at 11:51am
I feel that there is a lot that the government keeps from us. Especially with the war in Iraq. I think they try and distract us with less important issues than the ones that really could affect us because they don't want us to feel unsafe or scared. If we feel unsafe or scared, we blame everything on them, and once they're blamed, we all think we need someone new in office because our government isn't doing their job.

So in conclusion, no, I don't like our government, because they're keeping things from us that really could affect our decisions with just about everything.

Thank God Rumsfeld retired.
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
January 4th, 2007 at 09:38pm
George W. Bush
No
It was either him or Kerry, neither of them were good choices there dude. He should just STFU about wanting to help people when in his own little mind he doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. He's the reason we're at war! If he hadn't ignored 9/11 and done something about it than just adding MORE violence to the whole situation, there wouldn't be people living in fear and more and more people dying everyday, in both USA and the Middle East. As if we didn't have enough problems!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and also, the government keeps WAY too much away from us. Like Area 51 and the war and stuff. People have a right to know. We put trust in authority figures, well... most of them... andthey should put their trust in us. We live in our countries for a reason and not being trusted by the people who lead it is just plain stupid. We might as well live on Jupiter.
i pee in the shower
Killjoy
i pee in the shower
January 6th, 2007 at 02:37pm
I live in Scotland and I'm okay with the government they've not ruined the country although I don't agree with the Iraq war and they really need to do something about the state of the NHS.
the.sound.of.black
Jazz Hands
the.sound.of.black
January 7th, 2007 at 10:23pm
I just wish governments would prioritise. They spend billions on a shitty war, when in their own country people can't afford access to basic medical care. Wow that may sound selfish, but WTF!

I'm Australian, John Howard may be a good speaker, but he is a moron. The truth is the rich keep getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. The Government lets it happen. The world is going backwards.

And someone explain this David Hicks bullshit. Get him back to Australia NOW. My goodness Johnny is a pushover. How can he let an Aussie be imprisoned with no charge while having things shoved up his anus.

You know what Bush wants...control over the whole world. We have to be finger printed to go to the US. pffft. Now we may even have to get visas....first time in 20 years. I hate that man.

We do need Governments, don't get me wrong. But lets vote in some people who don't exploit us as much.
dASHa Xr
Fabulous Killjoy
dASHa Xr
January 8th, 2007 at 08:21am
i live in russia,our government does all necessary people live in poverty. may be you know we have lowest taxes in the world, indeed it isn`t so. My dream is leave motherland.
i wanna my children were protected in future.

pardon for my english
gdp
Killjoy
gdp
January 8th, 2007 at 02:12pm
Alan Garcia, Peru i guess he's ok
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
January 8th, 2007 at 10:07pm
"El Conejo" Berger, I don't like him...we are a really poor country and hes been president for 3 years and the violence has increased and now i'ts just risky (is risky a word?hope so) being alone in the streets...
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
January 9th, 2007 at 10:05am
Here in Finland, i think we have kinda ok government.
they've done some stupid stuff with taxes and they're way too exited bout EU, but they're not screwin everything up.
lover of others
Bleeding on the Floor
lover of others
January 9th, 2007 at 04:57pm
I'm from Croatia and I have so much to say about croatian government, but I don't have the will to say it. I've been saying it fo so long and no one actually considers what we, young people, think. I'm affraid for my country. We (Croatians) had been fighting for our freedom for many centuries. We kept entering all kinds of unions because of bad political leadership. It had led us to no good. We fought alone, beacuse no one wanted to help such a small country. Everyone (esp. US) was affraid of what might happen if Jugoslavia stopped existing. In the end Croatia became a republic and since then things started to go downhill. There's this party, HDZ, that keeps messing everything up. And I really mean EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! And that's what makes me scared, we don't know what the future holds, but it definitely isn't anything good, not with this government.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 9th, 2007 at 05:45pm
I'm Republican, and personally I support Bush 100%. I don't think he IGNORED 9/11. People say he just sat there when it happened. Well, you know what? He was probably in shock. Plus, the fact that there were little kids in the room when that dude told president Bush what had happened, does not help the fact. If he would have started panicing and doing something right then, the children would have gotten scared. Now, as for the war in Iraq, it is not his falt the Iraqis flew those planes into the World Trade Center and everything. He didn't know that was going to happen, he is not a future teller. So, what was he suppose to do? Not go to war and not fight back? No. If we wouldn't have gone to war then almost the whole country would be destroyed, because the Iraqis would have just kept on trying to ruin the US, because it would be easy for them if no one was stopping them. I have a friend and she hates President Bush because he made her uncle go to war. Well, FYI, her uncle VOLENTEERED (sp?) to be in the army, he wasn't draffted. If he didn't want to be there then he would have never signed up for it. Now, the only two things that I do not totally agree with President Bush about is Hurricane Katrina and homosexual marrige. First, Hurrican Katrina. The way he handled that kind of upset me. I think there was so much more that he could have done to help out the people who lost so much. Then again, a lot of those people knew that there was going to be a huge storm, but didn't react to it, therefore losing everything they had or, in many cases, their lives. Now, for the homosexual marrige I would rather not get into that because this isn't the thread for it, but I don't know much about what the president thinks about homosexual rights/marriges anyway so I won't discuss that.

Now, rant at me for believeing and standing up for what I was taught was right. All I know is I DO support the US president.