Tragic_Affairs
Killjoy
Tragic_Affairs
January 9th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Snow White Queen:
xXChemicalxXKissxX:
Alas, Babylon:
George W. Bush.
Shoot me, hate me, ostracize me, but I support my government wholeheartedly. I'm a staunch Republican, and I love my president.
Think less of me, I don't care and I never will.

same here. my whole family is republican. I'm behind George Bush all the way.

i`m also a Republican. i love Bush`s view on
moral issues,homosexuality,etc but i really
am disapointed with him about the Iraq War.

I think Homophobia is Gay [sorry had to throw that in xD]
But I really don't like homophobia. Just my views.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 24th, 2007 at 10:23pm
^^ Yes exactly. I don't like Bush's view on homosexuality, but I like him for ALMOST everything else.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 24th, 2007 at 10:51pm
kari; radxcore:
Now, as for the war in Iraq, it is not his falt the Iraqis flew those planes into the World Trade Center and everything.

I'm not going to post anything else in this thread because politics generally make me insane, but someone needs to point out that the Iraqis did not, not, not organize the 9/11 attacks. That was Osama bin Ladin and al Qaeda (bin Ladin is from Saudi Arabia, as I am fairly certain a majority of the hijackers were). Osama bin Ladin hated Saddam Hussein, and I believe he is quoted in some capacity as saying that he hoped we (the United States) would go to war with Iraq and that we would blow each other up. I don't mean to be snotty about it, it's just that that sort of misconception sends me into convulsive rants about people not being able to find Iraq on the map and how "support our troops" bumper stickers are part of a brain-washing conspiracy, which is really unpleasant for everyone.
Cap'n Scumbag.
Shotgun Sinner
Cap'n Scumbag.
January 25th, 2007 at 06:54am

my countrys government in my opinion can be discribed in one word
CORRUPT
they also focus on stupid topics like banning the Australian flag from BDO yet there are so many other world issues we could take part in
its stupid and thats that.
i am not for anarchy
i believe we need a democracy
but maybe one that has it prioreties set out the right why

x_cemeterygates_x
Jazz Hands
x_cemeterygates_x
January 25th, 2007 at 01:27pm
kari; radxcore:
Now, as for the war in Iraq, it is not his falt the Iraqis flew those planes into the World Trade Center and everything.

As a matter of fact, the Iraqis did not fly planes into the world trade center. That was Osma Bin Ladden. Saying that the war against Iraq is because of the world trade center is one of many of Bush's lies.

My country's being led by George Bush.
I disagree with him on EVERYTHING. The war in Iraq is pathetic, and he should pull the troups out before MORE innocent people get killed. Gays should have just as many rights as anybody else. This "free country" isn't exactly free anymore. Bush is pro-life, I'm pro-choice. I mean, he should NOT have a say on abortion. He's a man, and he's never going to get pregnant and have to make that incredibly hard choice of what to do.
He's turning my country into "hickville", I hate living here and I hate him.

And that is my opinion on my country's government Smile
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 25th, 2007 at 06:11pm
The president's opinions don't exactly effect what laws are made. I think people forget that. If the other parts of the legislative branch overrule his opinion and he is given a better, more beneficial reason to do something, he really doesn't have much of a choice. He can veto a bill, but if he is overruled in decision, it doesn't matter much what his opinion is. He's not the only one making decisions.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
January 25th, 2007 at 06:15pm
xMari_Malicex:
The president's opinions don't exactly effect what laws are made. I think people forget that. If the other parts of the legislative branch overrule his opinion and he is given a better, more beneficial reason to do something, he really doesn't have much of a choice. He can veto a bill, but if he is overruled in decision, it doesn't matter much what his opinion is. He's not the only one making decisions.

Exactly. No matter what decision he makes with vetoing the bill or not;if he is evidentially out ruled by the Senate, who indeed enact the laws in the legislative branch, his vote is then overruled.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 25th, 2007 at 06:15pm
My country's government is unconstitutional.
It's also sending my stepdad and my sister's stepdad over to Iraq to fight a country we shouldn't have invaded in the first place.
I believe that our country's national health plan should be socialized.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 25th, 2007 at 06:23pm
I hate the president, but moreso, I'm not a big fan of 99% of the republican party, at least those who are currently in office.

I'm a big advocator of global warming, and I despise, that only since the democrats gained control has anything been actually done about it. Bush poored money into global warming research, then paid even more to silence the scientists. Now, all of a sudden, the democrats have control and Bush is in Deleware promoting ethanol use.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 25th, 2007 at 08:09pm
Resurgam:
I'm not going to post anything else in this thread because politics generally make me insane, but someone needs to point out that the Iraqis did not, not, not organize the 9/11 attacks. That was Osama bin Ladin and al Qaeda (bin Ladin is from Saudi Arabia, as I am fairly certain a majority of the hijackers were). Osama bin Ladin hated Saddam Hussein, and I believe he is quoted in some capacity as saying that he hoped we (the United States) would go to war with Iraq and that we would blow each other up. I don't mean to be snotty about it, it's just that that sort of misconception sends me into convulsive rants about people not being able to find Iraq on the map and how "support our troops" bumper stickers are part of a brain-washing conspiracy, which is really unpleasant for everyone.

Just a question, why did you even come in this thread if you don't like polotics? O.o

Anyway, like I said before, I don't know too much about who did the highjacking, I mean comeon, I'm only 13... Still, it wasn't Bush's falt.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 25th, 2007 at 08:17pm
kari; radxcore:
Resurgam:

Just a question, why did you even come in this thread if you don't like polotics? O.o

Anyway, like I said before, I don't know too much about who did the highjacking, I mean comeon, I'm only 13... Still, it wasn't Bush's falt.
See, that should show my devotion to avoiding studying for midterms. Very Happy But no, I like to read other people's opinions, even if actually trying to express mine (on this topic, at least) would cause an annuerism.

Okay, it wasn't Bush's fault (well, that's actually debatable, if you go all crazy 9/11 conspiracy theorist, but let's not). The issue I take (and I don't mean to make an example out of you, I just mean in general) is that so many people have these misconceptions about America's doings. I mean, we're fighting two wars, and most of the country is completely unaware of what's really happening (not to say that I know). It seems as though a vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant to politics, and in a lot of cases, don't even really care. That, more than anything, is the problem I have with the American government.

Dammit! How did you draw me into this? *mumbles incoherently*
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 25th, 2007 at 08:17pm
x_cemeterygates_x:
Saying that the war against Iraq is because of the world trade center is one of many of Bush's lies.

The war in Iraq is pathetic, and he should pull the troups out before MORE innocent people get killed.

First, what I said above goes to you too. Second, what lies have Bush told? Third, I don't think he should pull the troups out of Iraq, because the men and women over there volenteered to serve for their country. For many years some of those people didn't do anything and still got payed to serve for our country and now they actually have to get off their behinds and do something. Is that so bad? No. Also, once again, if we weren't over there fighting then they would just think they can come over here and bomb us, and I don't think any of us here want that.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 25th, 2007 at 08:22pm
Resurgam:

Okay, it wasn't Bush's fault (well, that's actually debatable, if you go all crazy 9/11 conspiracy theorist, but let's not). The issue I take (and I don't mean to make an example out of you, I just mean in general) is that so many people have these misconceptions about America's doings. I mean, we're fighting two wars, and most of the country is completely unaware of what's really happening (not to say that I know). It seems as though a vast majority of Americans are completely ignorant to politics, and in a lot of cases, don't even really care. That, more than anything, is the problem I have with the American government.

Dammit! How did you draw me into this? *mumbles incoherently*

Lol. Well, like I said I personally am not to smart on polotics, it just really makes me dissapointed to see that some people don't care at all, like you said.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 25th, 2007 at 08:27pm
X_meese_X:
I hate the president, but moreso, I'm not a big fan of 99% of the republican party, at least those who are currently in office.

I'm a big advocator of global warming, and I despise, that only since the democrats gained control has anything been actually done about it. Bush poored money into global warming research, then paid even more to silence the scientists. Now, all of a sudden, the democrats have control and Bush is in Deleware promoting ethanol use.

The Democrats have just blown Global Warming way out of proportion. Its not as bad as they are trying to get people to think. I'm not saying its not a concern, but its not as bad as the Democrats have lead people to believe.
Karma Kills
Salute You in Your Grave
Karma Kills
January 25th, 2007 at 08:36pm
xMari_Malicex:

I like you =). lol
x_cemeterygates_x
Jazz Hands
x_cemeterygates_x
January 25th, 2007 at 10:01pm
kari; radxcore:
x_cemeterygates_x:
Saying that the war against Iraq is because of the world trade center is one of many of Bush's lies.

The war in Iraq is pathetic, and he should pull the troups out before MORE innocent people get killed.

First, what I said above goes to you too. Second, what lies have Bush told? Third, I don't think he should pull the troups out of Iraq, because the men and women over there volenteered to serve for their country. For many years some of those people didn't do anything and still got payed to serve for our country and now they actually have to get off their behinds and do something. Is that so bad? No. Also, once again, if we weren't over there fighting then they would just think they can come over here and bomb us, and I don't think any of us here want that.

I suppose it's the fact that my sister and my brother-in-law are both 18 years old and if they started drafting they'd be the first to go. To fight in a war my family is 110% against.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 25th, 2007 at 10:06pm
kari; radxcore:

The Democrats have just blown Global Warming way out of proportion. Its not as bad as they are trying to get people to think. I'm not saying its not a concern, but its not as bad as the Democrats have lead people to believe.

I think it depends on the democrat in question. Al Gore, say, has depicted the facts and time frame of global warming very accurately. Just as Bush is not the one making all of the decisions, environmentally concerned Democrats only show the evidence. Scientists have calculated everything. It is science, just like everything else. That's how scientist predicted the levees were going to brake during Katrina, and how they know that global warming is a serious threat for our generation, as well as future generations.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
January 25th, 2007 at 10:31pm
x_cemeterygates_x:
I suppose it's the fact that my sister and my brother-in-law are both 18 years old and if they started drafting they'd be the first to go. To fight in a war my family is 110% against.

I just thought I'd point out that it's Charles Rangel, a liberal Democrat from New York, whose been pushing the draft bill. It's like the Vietnam War - the only way to get the middle class motivated about stopping the war in Iraq is by taking the fighting to their sons and daughters. I know just how you feel though - my brother and sister are of age to be drafted - not to mention me and most of my friends in a year and a half, and other friends in less time. The Bush twins should be the first to go.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 25th, 2007 at 10:41pm
My stepdad's going back to the Middle East. For the third time in a year and half.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
January 25th, 2007 at 10:41pm
It is. That's why, though I call myself a democrat, I also rely on campaign platforms to decide who I support. I'm not sure if they will ever start the draft, I think (most) people learned from Vietnam. But people are still supporting 20,000 mroe troops. Which is dumb as hell, but I doubt they will ever start up the draft. Not without someone trying to get Bush impeached. Sine there's this administrative investigation going on now.