Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Country's Government.

AuthorMessage
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
June 13th, 2006 at 03:23pm
All I know is that I have heard rumors that Jeb Bush is wanting to run for president next election and all I can say is that if he is elected and is like his brother America is effed.
Eveline
Demolition Lover
Eveline
June 15th, 2006 at 07:44am
Belgium , we have a king.
I don't really know what to think about it.
King Albert II.
Nikki has issues.
Salute You in Your Grave
Nikki has issues.
June 16th, 2006 at 05:05am
Ella falls from grace:
We have a government now?
I thought it was just the nerdy kid finally getting the chance to hang out with the school yard bully. You can't touch this now, FO SHIZZ!

Lmao. Good point.

Not knowing much about politics, I don't have much of an opinion. But, from discussions in class it seems to me that Mr Johnny Howard does what he damn well wants to, and fair enough, I mean he is a Prime Minister after all. However, when it comes to issues topical with religion, if he's against it he'll use religion as an excuse. Then if he's for something that religion is not, he'll just cut religion out of the topic altogether. Personally, I don't think religion should come into politics very much, if at all. A country can't run based on ideas that were written two thousand odd years ago (in the case of Christianity).

I have a question about Australia's political system:
What do you think about Australia being under the English monarchy?
Do you think Australia should become a republic?
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 16th, 2006 at 06:19am
Nikki/Losing/Sleep:

Not knowing much about politics, I don't have much of an opinion. But, from discussions in class it seems to me that Mr Johnny Howard does what he damn well wants to, and fair enough, I mean he is a Prime Minister after all. However, when it comes to issues topical with religion, if he's against it he'll use religion as an excuse. Then if he's for something that religion is not, he'll just cut religion out of the topic altogether. Personally, I don't think religion should come into politics very much, if at all. A country can't run based on ideas that were written two thousand odd years ago (in the case of Christianity).

I have a question about Australia's political system:
What do you think about Australia being under the English monarchy?
Do you think Australia should become a republic?

Australia is a very Christian dominated country. A lot of our laws are based around the Ten Commandments. So are many other countries.
John Howard is - to me - a very poor politician. His excuses for going to war are extremely pitiful, as well as the fact I don't think the people of Australia have ever been given a proper explanation as to the introduction of GST.
Think about this: if GST was no longer in action, then prices of petrol and everyday items would not be as high as they are now. That would also mean our Federal Government would not be increasing the prices of getting driver's license etc. to help pay for our petrol.

As for becoming a republic, I think it's an excellent idea.
We have already minimal reasoning with Britain (as our alliance these days seem to lie more with America), so by becoming a republic, Australia would be able to officially call themselves an adapted country.

Though I doubt that if John Howard is still Prime Minister from the next election, that becoming a republic has very low chances.
Mr. Howard tends to hide in the shadows and comfort of those more powerful countries, if anyone's noticed...
LouderNow
Really Not Okay
LouderNow
June 16th, 2006 at 03:22pm
Stephen Harper is my PM.
I think hes doing a good job of the government this year, alot better than Paul Martin. I like how he's bringing the GST tax down to 6% on July 1.
But I hate how the government woted to keep our troops in war till 2009.
Synyster
Salute You in Your Grave
Synyster
June 16th, 2006 at 04:34pm
Bush is my "president"
my government is filled with racists, facists, anti-gays, and corruption, I dislike my government.
If I could change it I would, but being a 14 year old I can't really do that much except wait untill the 2012 election
Hide and Seek Me.
Bleeding on the Floor
Hide and Seek Me.
June 20th, 2006 at 12:41am
John Howard is Australia's prime monster.
He is so clearly sucking up to George Bush all the time, even though Bush insulted him and Australia twice. He wants to put all of the worlds radioactive waste in Australia and he refuses to let gay people be happy by letting them marry. He lets his religous beliefs run the way he runs the country.
Sad

Frankly Australia would be better off if it was run by someone with at least half a brain.

But i have to sympathise with all the Americans on this site.

Note: A republic is a great idea
schizophrenic_cat
Salute You in Your Grave
schizophrenic_cat
June 20th, 2006 at 01:37pm
Holland has a prime minister ...
(he looks like Harry Potter .. but lets not get into that .. )
In all I think that our goverment is doing rather well ...
I mean Holland does have rather relaxed laws .. but they seem to be working better than the stricter laws many other countries are using (mainly on soft drugs and street prostitution)
One thing I think Holland should end is the way in which people who own "Coffee Shops" (Places where you buy weed ... ) Get their drugs .. seen as that is still mostly done illegally ..
but in all I have a good impression of the dutch gvoverment ..
although some problems have arisen about a minister lately .. it isn't that bad though ..
Logic Is For Losers!
Joining The Black Parade
Logic Is For Losers!
July 24th, 2006 at 05:49am
Suzical the Musical.:
I think that Communism was a good idea to beging with, equality, that is...but people just TOOK IT TOO FAR! Paying clerks as much as doctors? If you go to school to learn about having a certain profession, you should be paid accordingly to the work you have done.

YAY for Communism! =D
But although I like communism, doesn't mean I'm a commie, I'm an anarcho-commie!
Which more or less means, I'm against having a leader at all, and believe we should all live equal lives.
I'm strongly against capitalism too, I'm against money as well.

Anyway, Bush is the president here.
I see alot of people on here who dislike him, which is cool 'N all, but I personally don't like hearing the same reason for disliking him from each person, makes me think you all listened to way too much American Idiot.
Sure our troops need to get back, and they shouldn't of been there to begin with, and that Bush is only having war for oil, but there are other things we should focus on, like the Patriot Act, or the fact a draft will most likely be instituted within a year or so.

Oil is evil, I say we just boycott it all, and ride bikes instead.
Bush = Idiot.
Oil = War.
Money = Power.
Power = Eventual Abuse.

I'm a modern day hippie of sorts, I'm an enveriementalist, and an anarchist, and a commie. =D
Hooray me.

I respect all of the opinions in here, but I think it'd be hard for me to get along with someone who likes Bush.
Mostly because I talk about politics like a rabbid dog foams at the mouth.
Also, I disagree with Bush on just about everything he does, whether it be deciding to take another breath, or allow another harm to befall humanity, I disagree.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
July 25th, 2006 at 01:22pm
Anyway, the government in the UK are kissing up to George Bush so much that soon we're all going to be American. And the Northern Irish Paliament still refuse to meet at Stormont, so they have until November to set aside their differences and work together for the good of the country. Oh and all the paramilataries were supposed to decommission, but I don't think any of them have yet, so they're going to fight over that too after the summer season.
Toro_Sex
Joining The Black Parade
Toro_Sex
July 25th, 2006 at 08:11pm
I live in America. Land of the opressed... or did I mean free? No opressed. If it were land of the free gay people would be allowed to marry, anybody would be allowed to vote, and the world would be a better place.

Do I like my goverment? You deside.
Victim of Authority
Fabulous Killjoy
Victim of Authority
August 9th, 2006 at 03:47pm
RainbowLights
I live in America. Land of the opressed... or did I mean free? No opressed. If it were land of the free gay people would be allowed to marry, anybody would be allowed to vote, and the world would be a better place.

I agree. I hate how Bush is against gay marriage. Stupid fucking homophobe. But that's not the only reason I hate Bush/the government...I also do because they lie, they're racist, and a whole ton of other reasons. So to be honest, I hate George Bush and the American government.
obsessedmonkey
Killjoy
obsessedmonkey
August 14th, 2006 at 01:10pm
does anyone else notice that the US govenment is run by strait, white men? a black lesbian women should run for president!

no, i dont like Bush. HOWEVER i didnt like Kerry either.
i wish there had been a thrid party.

and some anti-govenment people take it WAY to far. ive seen reports of huge fights over political beliefs that peole got very hurt in.

PAAA
Peaceful Anarchists Association of America.

that was all my usless opinion, if you dont like it, ignore it or PM me, explaining what you think is wrong with my opinion, and i shall listen to yours.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
August 14th, 2006 at 01:29pm
I was just reading 1984 the other day (love that book..) and I realised (amongst other things) that the UK pretty much is Airstrip One of Oceania. I mean, we're (the UK and the US) pretty much one great big country now AND American planes land at our airbases without asking.

I don't like Blair. Labour doesn't mean Labour anymore, it means Conservatism. The Labour party was founded to help the working classes, but now it serves to help the middle class. And Margaret Thatcher was always criticised for being so close to the US, but Blair is, if anything, worse! I think the UK and the US have the same problem; people want change but don't know where to look. But at the same time, there seem to be a lot of people who swallow what Bush says. (Sorry if you agree with Bush - I don't mean to offend - I just have to get my opinions out.)
desired_dream
Killjoy
desired_dream
August 24th, 2006 at 04:05am
My president is Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, I'am from Indonesia. I don't hate him. I just disappointed with him. Before he's been elected, he promise will increase education, eliminated poverty. But it just a promise. Not everyone is rich, and in my country the difference between the rich and the poor is so big. You couldn't go to shool if you don't buy a new book, and every year the book is changing, and it's a new policy. I know he make this to raise the economic growth in my country, but it makes the people not going to shool and choose to work(if they have a job, it's hard to got a job anyway). How the people going out from poverty if they not having an education. And oil price is increase, it makes every goods in my country is increase. I know he is trying the best and the unemployment rate is decrease,but the salary is not increase and cost of living is always increase. Sometimes it get people frustated. And there's a lot of job my government must do, like poverty, child abuse, disaster. My country suffer cause disaster lately.
Belle_Muerte
Jazz Hands
Belle_Muerte
August 26th, 2006 at 07:34pm
Tony Blair is my Primeminister, and i think he's a spineless coward that has forgotten what it means to be part of a party, and has transformed into a dictator and lapdog to another countries leader. I support in principle the Labour movement, but i think Blair's forgotten what it even means to be Labour.
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
August 28th, 2006 at 02:00pm
I have no idea how to type his name in English...

The president of Taiwan is the biggest poo on the planet. Every year, he takes an estimated 5 000 000NT [I think that's about right]. He takes other people's receipts and gives them into the Taiwan government and says it was the cash he used for the 'duties of being president'.

People have lost their jobs because of him, and his maid person is paid by our taxes. He refuses to admit his wrongs, or resign.
ChAoS
Fabulous Killjoy
ChAoS
August 29th, 2006 at 07:44pm
my prime minister is Stephen Harper....
I don't have really much to say about him....but....he tends to think like Bush....and I think Bush is a moron....so......Fortunately the law authorizing gay marriage have been approve before he came....because he's against....and about the Quebec (my province) prime minister(Jean Charest)....let's just say they regretted his election one month later....but still, in the survey, people say they want to reelect him....I'll never understand politic...and people.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
September 2nd, 2006 at 03:39pm
i live in a few countries since so im gonna talk about some of the countries im living in

Born and live in the states: i dont really have much thing to say about bush.i wonder why people still elected him as president.i think hey got their reason but i wish i can scream to all the voters :"open up your eyes!"

living in malaysia for 2 years:
this country is led by a prime minister but have a king under the influence of the parliament.its just the same as the british government,probably because malaysia is a commonwealth country.but everything is fine here.no wars,the economy is booming,so everything is ok.

living in indonesia for a year:
i dont really know about this country coz im still new but sensing from all the protests and all...i think the citizens are craving for some reformation.probably they should make the gaps between the rich and poor closer.agreed on desired_dream on that one.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 1st, 2006 at 12:44am
Bloodraine:
OMG it's Jennie :0:
I'm from the UK and Tony Blair sucks ass.

D'ya mind elaborating that?

today i feel: o.O:
I like the idea of Democracy and our country being run by the people, but I DO NOT like George Bush! Boo.

I think that Communism was a good idea to beging with, equality, that is...but people just TOOK IT TOO FAR! Paying clerks as much as doctors? If you go to school to learn about having a certain profession, you should be paid accordingly to the work you have done.

Thats the sad thing- Marx's dream was a good one, if very idealistic. Communism will never work, in the end, but it will always be a beautiful dream.

Human nature and natural corruption is to blame.